Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Use Pepper Fruits - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Use Pepper Fruits (5723 Views)

Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / Pregnant Cobra Butchered On My Farm, Used For Pepper Soup / Man Catches Big Python In Delta, Butchers It For Pepper Soup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Pepper Fruits by umuna(m): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Dennettia Tripetala usually referred to as pepper fruit is a fruity pod with a tinge of pepper which belongs to the plant family of Annonaceae. In local languages in Nigeria, it is called Ako in Edo, Nkarika in Ibibio, Mmimi in Igbo and Ata Igbere in Yoruba. It grows on a tree measuring 6-10 meters in height and its fruiting season begins from late March to Late May every year depending on the volume of rain fall. The fruits/pods may come in both ripened or green pods.

Pepper fruit pods have been said to stop prostate cancer, ameliorate liver, kidney damages caused by multiple exposures to toxic substances (The Guardian of 25th May 2017). Apart from the discoveries, it has been said that, it prevents and treats glaucoma, food poisoning, indigestion and heart burns. According researchers, the pods are rich in protein, carbohydrates, Vitamins A, C and E respectively.

Recently, Observation was made that, in Nigeria, this fruity pods are only eaten leisurely when in its season and after then, nothing is heard about the it. Lately, we also discovered that, the pods can be dried and stored for future use as against preserving only the seeds. After drying and storage of the pods, it could be used for spice mix with other spices to promote good health. Are you have digestion problems? (in-digestion of foods leads to excess weight gain) All you need do is, chew 2-3 pods to aid digestion and it clears heart burns. Personally, my wife uses it to control her weight. She does this by chewing some pods immediately after meals before going to bed and it is working for her.

Pepper fruits wonderfully helps in the fight against bacteria in the eyes. How do yo know this? Chew 3-4 pods before going to bed in the night, and when you wake-up in the morning, you will observe large quantity of dried up mucus in the eyes.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Pepper Fruits by Munzy14(m): 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
wonderful.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Pepper Fruits by Repairnigeria(m): 8:04am On Jun 17, 2017
great

1 Like

Re: How To Use Pepper Fruits by sureguy078(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hi @ umuna
Please i need your help
Can u drop ur WhatsApp number or just hit me up via
Thanks
Re: How To Use Pepper Fruits by umuna(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2020
sureguy078:
Hi @ umuna
Please i need your help
Can u drop ur WhatsApp number or just hit me up via
Thanks

Done sureguy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Minute Nigerian Recipes / The Growing Popularity Of Dog Meat / Learn How To Make Bitter Leaf And Okro Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.