Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland (3790 Views)

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos) / Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 5:53am On Jan 23, 2010
S-H-O-CK-E-R: Strange Shrine Found In Osun - Leader Says It’s A Church. Members Worship Only At Night - Founder’s Skeleton, Many Skulls Found

Written by Tunde Oyekola

A replica of Okija shrine was yesterday discovered at Ido-Osun in Egbedore Local Government Area of Osun State. The traditional ruler of the town, Oba Aderemi Adedapo Sapoyoro and policemen led the people of the town to the shrine discovered on the parcel of land on the Ido-Osun Airport.

The policemen forced the shrine open where the skeleton of the supposed founder was recovered.

Several skulls and human parts were also recovered in the shrine.

The name of the founder of the shrine was given as Jacob Adebayo Oladele.

The current leader of the shrine, Ms. Oluwaloni Oladele, claimed that the place was a church and that they worshipped God. She added that the founder of the church was their Jesus Christ, claiming that he transformed and would soon re-appear.

She gave the name of the church as Millennium Gospel Mission (MGM). According to her, members of the group do not worship in the day but in the night. She gave the name of the founder as Jacob Adebayo Oladele.

No fewer than 15 members of the sect were arrested by the police in connection with the incident.

The people of the community had complained to Oba Adedapo who later invited the leader of the group to his palace for interrogation.

Ms. Oladele said further that the founder of the group was their own Jesus Christ, adding that people come to the place from across the country to receive blessings.

While speaking, Oba Adedapo said that the land where the group was using as shrine belonged to government and that they took no permission from him.

He said that his subjects that were using the place to farm had been driven away by the group who allegedly created fears in the minds of people by issuing a warning to the people of the community to steer clear of the area.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/300-s-h-o-ck-e-r-strange-shrine-found-in-osun-leader-says-its-a-church-members-worship-only-at-night-founders-skeleton-many-skulls-found.html
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 5:55am On Jan 23, 2010
This is actually worse than Okija because the people involved use it for christian religious purposes. Hahahahah! Okija oduduwa
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by edoyad(m): 6:00am On Jan 23, 2010
Mekuxz, do you know that Nigeria is a secular country with freedom of religion ? So by long as no laws enshrined in our constitution were contravened by the group- unless say they involved in murders- then they as legit as any other religious group. You live on a land, pay your taxes, don't violate human rights, don't commit crime ; and you're safe from any liligation.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 6:09am On Jan 23, 2010
Edoyad,

I know all that and I support anybody to worship whom/whatsoever they please. But why was Okija made an issue then?
Talking about crime, where are the corpses and skulls coming from?
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by edoyad(m): 6:16am On Jan 23, 2010
That is where is the question mark lies, if it discovered that the bones and skulls are remains of people murdered by the cult then the police have a case in their hands.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 6:25am On Jan 23, 2010
Human Parts, Skulls Discovered In Osun Shrine

By Gbenga Faturoti, Correspondent, Osogbo

Another shrine, reminiscent of the despicable Okija, was on Friday discovered at Ido-Osun in Egbedore Local Government Council of Osun State, with several skulls and human parts.

The shrine, covering several kilometers of land on the abandoned Ido-Oshun airport project, was owned by Jacob Adebayo Oladele, believed to also be founder of the shrine.

The leader of the shrine, Ms. Oluwaloni Oladele, claimed that the place is a church and that they worship within the premises. She gave the name as Millennium Gospel Mission (MGM).

Members of the group do not worship in the daylight but at night. According to some of them, “the place is sacred and we believe in God.”

The group had been in the place for more than 18 years before this discovery. No fewer than 15 members of the sect were arrested by the police in connection with the discovery.

The traditional ruler of Ido-Oshun, Oba Aderemi Adedapo Sapoyoro, who acted on the request of his subjects to probe into the activities of members of the shrine, invited the leaders of the group to his palace, where he sought to know about their activities.

The monarch, who led community leaders, traditional chiefs and members of the group to the shrine, thereafter, invited the policemen.

Oladele, who claimed to the sister to the founder of the group, said the shrine is a place of worship for members, adding that the founder of the group ‘transfigured’ and that he would soon reappear and rule the world.

She further said that the founder of the group is their own Jesus Christ, adding that people come to the place from across the country to receive blessings.

While speaking, Oba Adedapo said that the place where the group was using as a shrine is a government land and that they took no permission from him before trespassing on it. He said that his subjects that were using the place to farm had been driven away by the group, which created fear in people by issuing warning to the community to steer clear of the area.

The state Commissioner of Police, Samuel Johnson, confirmed the incident, saying that the command is investigating the discovery.

He said that the suspects would be taken to court immediately after the investigation.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=7386
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2010
edoyad:

That is where is the question mark lies, if it discovered that the bones and skulls are remains of people murdered by the cult then the police have a case in their hands.

I doubt that anyone can separate this type of traditional african worship which is largely intertwined with human rituals from crime. The corpses and skull are obviously products of criminal acts.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by paddylo1(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2010
I doubt that anyone can separate this type of traditional african worship which is largely intertwined with human rituals from crime. The corpses and skull are obviously products of criminal acts.

how do u know?
u have obviously been brainwashed into christianity or islam
the foreign gods of the white and arab

its only an african that will gladly worship a foreign god
its not done anywhere else on the earth

1 Like

Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 6:39am On Jan 23, 2010
paddy_lo:

how do u know?
u have obviously been brainwashed into christianity or islam
the foreign gods of the white and arab

its only an african that will gladly worship a foreign god
its not done anywhere else on the earth

Where (from what process) are the corpses and skulls coming from? This is a simple question, far simpler to answer than all the stupid grammar you are speaking.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by paddylo1(m): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2010
Where (from what process) are the corpses and skulls coming from? This is a simple question, far simpler to answer than all the silly grammar you are speaking.

graveyards. .the bones could belong to dead members of the group. . .etc
the point is u are already condemning them,because they are black or african

free your mind
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 6:51am On Jan 23, 2010
paddy_lo:

graveyards. .the bones could belong to dead members of the group. . .etc
the point is u are already condemning them,because they are black or african

free your mind

Graveyards: is digging up people's corpses a crime or not?
I am not condemning no one, but I know that ritualism is a part and parcel of idolatry in Nigeria. Deny it all you want, but this and Okija shrine are stark reminders.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by sjeezy8: 7:00am On Jan 23, 2010

heres some in Cuba- bloody fool
you better get a job
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 7:02am On Jan 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

heres some in Cuba- bloody fool
you better get a job

Bloody fool- your Yoruba slave brothers took the evil to Brazil.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by paddylo1(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2010
Bloody fool- your Yoruba slave brothers took the evil to Brazil.
there u go again calling it evil. . . .
i guess to u god is white,the angels are yellow and the devil is black. . . . . .
since u also accept the foreign religions brought into nigeria
without calling it evil
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2010
Mekus
Why will you compare this place with the great okija shrine when okija has prominents politicitians as its members.i always suggest to you to tackle crime on a crime level and stop being tribalistic.meanwhile,i dont dispute their rights to freedom of religion but the presence of human skulls must be investigated by the police.okija is still a very strong  political shrine in nigeria,no doubt about that.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by edoyad(m): 7:17am On Jan 23, 2010
It is not about black or white deities paddylo, after all even the poor devil that is blamed for all the world's atrocities is himself a god to satanists. The fact of the matter is, in our practice of voodoo,juju and other traditional belief systems do we encroach into the of unlawful.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by paddylo1(m): 7:57am On Jan 23, 2010
The fact of the matter is, in our practice of voodoo,juju and other traditional belief systems do we encroach into the of unlawful.

just like in the practice of islam and christianity we also encroach into the unlawful

but i never heard anyone of u guys describe those 2 religions as evil
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Abagworo(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2010
And so what?people are free to practise which ever religion they chose.otherwise islam should be banned to redeem nigeria's image.this is bulls**t.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by WilyWily7: 10:51am On Jan 23, 2010
Yorubas are JUJU Masters,
Republic of Oduduwa Juju Land
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by abadaba(m): 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2010
Wily*Wily:

Yorubas are JUJU Masters,
Republic of Oduduwa Juju Land
Not all of them.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Mekus
Why will you compare this place with the great okija shrine when okija has prominents politicitians as its members.i always suggest to you to tackle crime on a crime level and stop being tribalistic.meanwhile,i dont dispute their rights to freedom of religion but the presence of human skulls must be investigated by the police.okija is still a very strong political shrine in nigeria,no doubt about that.

What until the police investigation is complete and you see how many politicians are their clients. At least Okija did not claim to be worshipping God, unlike this Osun crime. There are 100s more of such shrines in Osun. I have read a different story about it elsewhere.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2010
paddy_lo:

there u go again calling it evil. . . .
i guess to u god is white,the angels are yellow and the devil is black. . . . . .
since u also accept the foreign religions brought into nigeria
without calling it evil

I hope they use your head or that of any of your family member for their sacrifice. Then you will tell how criminal it is, the association of trado-worship with crime. You are a brainwashed eediot.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by bkbaybe99: 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2010
LOL.LOL.HAHAHHAHHAHA. I just read [b]NUMEROUS[/b] articles on Okija and there is, simply, no comparism!!!! The bodies found in Okija was clearly as a result of murder whilst the one found here was the "Leader's/Founder's" remains. Further, I see that there were numerous Ibo politicians who went and committed the atrocious, evil act of human sacrifice in Okija whilst that aint the case in this instance. Finnally, I see that the Oba (which means the King) of the town was the one that led cops the the shrine. This is similar to what Mutallabs father did in trying to warn the CIA/FBI that his son was radicalized; no heroic is greater than this. In Okija, numerous articles show that the Oba of Okija tried to hide the incident from the outside world, even going as far as hiding some of the skeletons of the people that had been sacrificed under his matrimonial bed. If that aint sick I dont know what is.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
bk_baybe99:

LOL.LOL.HAHAHHAHHAHA. I just read [b]NUMEROUS[/b] articles on Okija and there is, simply, no comparism!!!! The bodies found in Okija was clearly as a result of murder whilst the one found here was the "Leader's/Founder's" remains. Further, I see that there were numerous Ibo politicians who went and committed the atrocious, evil act of human sacrifice in Okija whilst that aint the case in this instance. Finnally, I see that the Oba (which means the King) of the town was the one that led cops the the shrine. This is similar to what Mutallabs father did in trying to warn the CIA/FBI that his son was radicalized; no heroic is greater than this. In Okija, numerous articles show that the Oba of Okija tried to hide the incident from the outside world, even going as far as hiding some of the skeletons of the people that had been sacrificed under his matrimonial bed. If that aint sick I dont know what is.
Yoruba boy. How many human body parts and skulls were found in this Osun shrine? Does the leader have more than one body and one skull?
Do you know who reported the Okija shrine to the authorities? His name is Obed and he is an indigene of Okija. Okija shrine was pure voodoo, but this one is mixing voodoo with christianity: first of its kind in the whole world:lol::lol:
Yoruba boy. Hahahahah!
Can you show us the numerous articles detailing where the Okija Oba was hiding the Okija saga? I know that you are sjeazy8, no matter how you try to hide. I big pass you for smartness, as you have confessed before.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Enjoyment1(f): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Yoruba boy. How many human body parts and skulls were found in this Osun shrine? Does the leader have more than one body and one skull?
Do you know who reported the Okija shrine to the authorities? His name is Obed and he is an indigene of Okija. Okija shrine was pure voodoo, but this one is mixing voodoo with christianity: first of its kind in the whole world:lol::lol:
Yoruba boy. Hahahahah!
Can you show us the numerous articles detailing where the Okija Oba was hiding the Okija saga? I know that you are sjeazy8, no matter how you try to hide. I big pass you for smartness, as you have confessed before.

You see, my problem with you is that, you still look at issue with "biasness" and you allow ethnicity be your driving force.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by Mekusxyz: 9:09pm On Jan 23, 2010
Enjoyment1:

You see, my problem with you is that, you still look at issue with "biasness" and you allow ethnicity be your driving force.

You have just said (without any proof) on the alternate thread that Igbos do voodoo+christianity more. To you, that is not biasness and ethnicity. Get lost before you infect me with your hypocrisy.
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by mamagee3(f): 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2010
Yoruba people still do charms. shocked shocked
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by SEFAGO(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2010
^ yes, we still do. Now go away before I call sango and orunmila on you grin
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by mamagee3(f): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ yes, we still do. Now go away before I call sango and orunmila on you grin

My power pass dem power. grin grin
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by bkbaybe99: 5:22am On Jan 24, 2010
@mekuyzzxxss; u really are a monkey! Now I'm sjeezy8?!lol! Glad to see I finally drove u insane! Lol.lol. U got the "mirror",monkey, why can't u use it to determine the ip addys?lol. Fool. Jungle animal gets brung to the city, two years lata he feels he Einstein!lol. Like a typical ibo man, u think u know it all, failing to realize u don't know jack!lol. I NEVER said u smarter than me,let's get that straight! I made a  statement sarcastically praising your "smartness" just to support you because EmperorOlu was senselessly insulting ibo people for no reason. Anyways,ciao, and have fun eating the deadbodies. Freakn cannibal! Oh, how come u still aint feeding us more lies about your assumed PHD?!?
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by bkbaybe99: 5:28am On Jan 24, 2010
Ok jokes apart Mekuzzyyxxss, u r a dummy! U stated that the mixing of christianity and indigenous religion is strange, so strange that u called it "the first in the world"!!! Really?! U sure u got a PHD?! Go look at the "Santeria" religion and tell me what it is! Also, go read about the cuban "Yoruba" religion and tell me wut u gleam! Dum dum!
Re: Buahahahah! Okija Shrine Of Yorubaland by omongbati1: 6:33am On Dec 20, 2010
okijaosun

(1) (Reply)

APC To Register Members October / Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Egyptian Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old / Buhari Recites Quaranic Incantation While Talking To Osibanjo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.