Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor Mcgregor Fight And Happening 26th August 2017 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor Mcgregor Fight And Happening 26th August 2017 (566 Views)

Mayweather Vs Conor Mcgregor Full Fight Link. Mayweather is a Disgrace / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Nigeria Vs Republic Of Benin CHAN 2018 Qualifiers Sunday, 13 August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor Mcgregor Fight And Happening 26th August 2017 by reapoff: 7:02am On Jun 15, 2017
Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor McGregor Fight And Happening 26th August 2017

[img]https://3.bp..com/-kCO7ygM6zpQ/WUIfyCzuFbI/AAAAAAAAFKY/PBdIbxs5NrMFQ3vhJa5Oaac23bBb34bZQCLcBGAs/s1600/_vmehXu_47-i2Ylf.jpg[/img]

The Undefeated Floyd Mayweather is returning from retirement and has announced his Boxing fight with MMA Champion Conor McGregor, which is set to hold on the 26th of August, 2017 in Las Vegas.

Click Here To Read Full Report

Floyd Mayweather Fighting History or Story

Mayweather was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan , on February 24, 1977, into a family of
boxers . His father, Floyd Mayweather Sr. , was a former welterweight contender who fought Hall of Famer Sugar Ray Leonard . His uncles ( Jeff Mayweather and Roger Mayweather ) were professional boxers, with Roger – Floyd's former trainer – winning two world championships, fought Hall of Famers Julio César Chávez , Pernell Whitaker and Kostya Tszyu . Mayweather was born with his mother's last name, but his last name would change to Mayweather shortly thereafter. Mayweather attended Ottawa Hills High School before he dropped out.
Boxing has been a part of Mayweather's life since his childhood and he never seriously considered any other profession. "I think my grandmother saw my potential first," Mayweather said. "When I was young, I told her 'I think I should get a job.' She said, 'No, just keep boxing'." "When I was about eight or nine, I lived in New Jersey with my mother and we were seven deep in one bedroom and sometimes we didn't have electricity." Mayweather said. "When people see what I have now, they have no idea of where I came from and how I didn't have anything growing up."

It was not uncommon for young Mayweather to come home from school and find used heroin needles in his front yard. His mother was
addicted to drugs , and he had an aunt who died from AIDS because of her drug use. "People don't know the hell I've been through," he says.

The most time that his father spent with him was taking him to the gym to train and work on his boxing, according to Mayweather. "I don't remember him ever taking me anywhere or doing anything that a father would do with a son, going to the park or to the movies or to get ice cream," he says. "I always thought that he liked his daughter (Floyd's older sister) better than he liked me because she never got whippings and I got whippings all the time."

Mayweather's father contends that Floyd is not telling the truth about their early relationship. "Even though his daddy did sell drugs, I didn't deprive my son," the elder Mayweather says. "The drugs I sold, he was a part of it. He had plenty of food. He had the best clothes and I gave him money. He didn't want for anything. Anybody in Grand Rapids can tell you that I took care of my kids". Floyd senior says he did all of his hustling at night and spent his days with his son, taking him to the gym and training him to be a boxer. "If it wasn't for me he wouldn't be where he is today," he maintains.

(1) (Reply)

Mbappe Could Be On His Way To Emirate Tomorrow – Family Member / Follow Cristiano Ronaldo On His New Site / James Harden Signs The Richest Extension In NBA History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.