Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death (33051 Views)

Aisha Abimbola: Biography Of Late Nollywood Actress "Omoge Campus" / Obi Madubogwu: 7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Late Nollywood Actor / Moji Olaiya's Last Post On Instagram Before Her Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by Driftingking(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
The family of the late Nollywood actress, Moji Olaiya, on Monday, released a statement indicating that the autopsy conducted on her remains showed that she died of a ‘natural medical cause’.

In a statement by Moji’s brother , Femi Olaiya, the family dismissed rumours that the late actress was poisoned in Canada where she was delivered of a baby girl in Feburary.

However, doctors, who spoke with our Journalists on Monday, said that the autopsy report suggested that the late mother of two must have died of a traceable and demonstrable medical cause.

A medical consultant with the Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, Oyo State, Dr. Adeoye Oyewole said, “Someone is said to have died of a ‘ medical cause’ when there is a traceable and demonstrable medical pathology that is related to the death. The term ‘natural medical cause’ is not medical.

“For instance, if the person had suffered a heart or cardiovascular event just before he/she died, that is a traceable medical cause. If the person also had an underlying medical condition like an enlarged heart but an event triggered a shock to the system to have caused the death, it is also a medical cause.”

A cardiologist with the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Dr. Afolabi Akinkunmi, corroborated Oyewole’s views, saying there was always a medical cause to every death; and an autopsy was usually carried out to establish the exact or underlying cause of the individual’s death.

Akinkunmi said, “There is always a medical cause for every natural death. If you have any doubt, then the autopsy report is conducted and the coroner will state it on the death certificate.”

Another expert. Dr. Babajide Saheed, noted that a person who suffered a sudden cardiac arrest or a condition that shuts down the brain or nervous system in a short time is said to have died of a natural cause.

Saheed said, “There is always a medical pathology to every natural death. So a natural death means that there is nothing you could have done to help the individual, such as if the person experienced a sudden cardiac arrest and died even before getting to the hospital.

“If a person that has a terminal disease such as leukemia dies, it is a natural death because there is nothing you could have done for the patient. These are natural deaths with a traceable medical pathology.”

The actress died on May 18 in Canada and her remains were interred at the Ebony Vaults, Ikoyi Cemetery, on Wednesday.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/doctors-explain-late-nollywood-actress-moji-olaiyas-cause-death.html

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by praizblog: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by DeadPresident(m): 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2017

Am i the only one who gets sick after eating Amala and Ewedu ??

I stopped eating it because it gives me heart burn and makes​ me sick for 5 days

Eat healthy and exercise

11 Likes

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by fridek: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
Drug overdose again
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by toxxnoni(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
angry

In mama peace voice
Chaii
This could the services you are looking for
Check my signature
We are on promo

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by AndreizMendez(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
From dust we came and from dust we will all return to. #RIP
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by Ra88: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
I have nothing to say.
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by registration(m): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
RIP to the dead
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by ogobaby23(f): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sounds contrived
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by cr7rooney10(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
It's late
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oooohh angry

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by DeadPresident(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
fridek:
Drug overdose again

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

She overdosed​ on cocaine
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by pyyxxaro: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
undecided
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by DeadPresident(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
ogobaby23:
Sounds contrived

Contrived ?? Just like someone's picture on your profile

1 Like

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
It is well. God will continue to grant her soul an eternal rest and comfort the family she left behind.
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by thorpido(m): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Complications of child-birth in advanced age must have played a significant role in her death.

4 Likes

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by grandstar(m): 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Am i the only one who gets sick after eating Amala and Ewedu ??

I stopped eating it because it gives me heart burn and makes​ me sick for 5 days

Eat healthy and exercise

I like Amala and Ewedu especially when mixed with gbegiri.

It is the bomb

23 Likes

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by raphealolami(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
I wish we can all put this to rest. Nairaland should even stop bringing this to FP.

No be something go kill person, the only prayer is whatever God will use to kill us should allow us to fulfill our destiny and win our race on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by auntysimbiat(f): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmmm..
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by DeadPresident(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
grandstar:

I like Amala and Ewedu especially when mixed with gbegiri.

It is the bomb

Does it give you heart burn ??
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by Dicedpineapple(f): 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
ok
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by skywalker495(m): 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
Abeg make una allow this woman rest in peace cry
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by helphelp: 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
It's ok
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by hezy4real01(m): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
Make una allow her rest abeg
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by grandstar(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Does it give you heart burn ??

Not at all.

I suspect you're allergic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by madjune(m): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
Too much amala and ewedu.

That's the weakness of the average afonja person.
Later, dem go dey look for who poison dem.
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by goslowgoslow(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nanabana11:
Beautiful woman both in and out
Have gone in before?
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by thonyokun(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=raphealolami post=57544762]I wish we can all put this to rest. Nairaland should even stop bringing this to FP.

No be something go kill person, the only prayer is whatever God will use to kill us should allow us to fulfill our destiny and[b] win our race on heart.
R.I.P English @race on heart
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by ChristyB(f): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
SERIOUSLY Please resepect the dead.
DeadPresident:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

She overdosed​ on cocaine
Re: Moji Olaiya: Doctors Explain Late Nollywood Actress’ Cause Of Death by Abbeyme: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade Wows In Red Dress To The AFRIMA 2018 Award In Ghana (Pics) / Emeka Ikeactor Reveals Movie Producers Sleep With Actresses For Roles / Movie Director Taiwo Bello Is Dead - TB Joshua’s Nollywood Death Prophecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.