Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? (32741 Views)

Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by abdullahi45: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2017
abdullahi45:

Gurus in the house please respond me please.
Thanks in anticipation
Please try to respond please?
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Ayoola03(f): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2017
The choice is yours my dear, it depends on your scale of preference,wht country do you prefer, is it malaysia or canada. this decision will guide you right. no one can advice you to choose one country over the other wht of if the house decides and at the end of the day it doesn't favour you, how will you feel? make the decision 1st and lets no how to tackle your question. i hope this will help.

abdullahi45:
Need your advice please;

I currently hold an offer to study at a university in Malaysia, with start date Sept 8. 2017 but am currently in my service (NYSC) year, which would end by October 24, 2017 as indicated on the call-up letter. What can I do, your advice is needed.

Also i applied to some Canadian universities and my application is under processing but the Malaysian university is asking me to apply for Visa because visa processing normally take 2-3 months, in your opinion what can I do? What if I get admission at the Canadian universities and my Malaysia visa has been granted? What will I do
Please do advise me sincerely. Thanks
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by abdullahi45: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ayoola03:
The choice is yours my dear, it depends on your scale of preference,wht country do you prefer, is it malaysia or canada. this decision will guide you right. no one can advice you to choose one country over the other wht of if the house decides and at the end of the day it doesn't favour you, how will you feel? make the decision 1st and lets no how to tackle your question. i hope this will help.

Please see to what I quote below;

"
"Also i applied to some Canadian universities and my application is
under processing but the Malaysian university is asking me to apply
for Visa because visa processing normally take 2-3 months, in your
opinion what can I do? What if I get admission at the Canadian
universities and my Malaysia visa has been granted?"

Please from your experience if i have Malaysia visa won't it prevent from being able to apply for Canadian visa.

I already secure Malaysian admission but am trying to delay the visa because I am expecting Canadian admission but so as to be on the safer side I want to start applying for Malaysian visa, i hope securing the study permit for Malaysia won't prevent securing Canadian visa.
I await prompt response.
Thanks
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by mzjokky16: 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Team16:
As a student presently in Canada, I'll advise you to start both process and run it concurrently. I am not wishing you bad or evil but it took me 2yrs to get an admission in Canada. Your case might be different because you have a sponsor and in that case you might pick any admission and come to Canada but I was applying for admission with Scholarship. However, Canadian admission is not automatic. Put in the period you have to wait for admission, receive your admission letter and apply for Visa. My own story, Admission took me 2yrs, Visa took 3 months. Then the window of denied visa or approved visa, whichever is your case. Like I said earlier, i am not wishing you bad but based on my experience I'll advise you while you apply for your admission, also enroll for your Nysc. Whichever comes first go for it. Never miss any opportunity in life.

So start applying for admissions immediately, get your admission, apply for your visa and get it. The worst case scenario you can differ your admission till next term. It is not an issue here. THE ISSUE HERE IS TO GET YOUR VISA. Every other thing is moi moi case.

please, can I talk to you via mail?
my email is adejokesoyombo@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by abdullahi45: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ayoola03:

Thanks Mr ayoola03.

What i meant is that won't getting Malaysia visa affect my Canadian visa application.

Like if am granted Malaysia visa and got my passport stamped but within the period got Canadian university admission and had to apply for Canadian visa won't the VO ask that why didn't I go to Malaysia for study? Or won't it cause any commotion of any type?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by segtak25: 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for your advice... My decision is to apply for Nysc and then Msc Winter2019 program (Jan 2019) . I hope it works well as plan
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Ayoola03(f): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Getting Malaysia visa wony affect your canadian visa application infact it will be an added advantage especially in the area of travel history. Wish you all the best smiley

abdullahi45:

Thanks Mr ayoola03.

What i meant is that won't getting Malaysia visa affect my Canadian visa application.

Like if am granted Malaysia visa and got my passport stamped but within the period got Canadian university admission and had to apply for Canadian visa won't the VO ask that why didn't I go to Malaysia for study? Or won't it cause any commotion of any type?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by ponki(f): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Please, go for your Masters, and let Nysc rest for now. You can always do it when you return as long as you have not exceeded the age Limit which is 30.
Nysc should even be scrapped sef, cos it's a complete waste of time. It doesn't guarantee one a job after the scheme.
Goodluck!!!! smiley smiley
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by stephleena(f): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
ucheicon:

Once your age on graduation is within the range of those eligible to participate in the scheme,you must do it even if you are over the age limit when you choose to participate . Can't be waived based on current rules
my bro's namesake

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. / Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead / Truck Crushes Lady Dead In Owerri; Mob Burns The Truck (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.