Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe (14026 Views)

Ogun & Shango-the Eternal Rivalry (2) (3) (4)

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by sheikshegetto(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
“You have an interesting but fleeting mortal life ahead of you.’’ he said, I felt discomfort as his ancient eyes bored through me, farewell Jakuta the one who fights with stones, my blessings till our path cross again.’’

On saying this, Shokoti walked backwards into a doorway of mist and vanished, Elegbara’s remains dissolved in a bulb of vapor as the howls of the first of his children reached my ears.

“Are you ready to bite more monsters my sweet?’’ I sent to Oshe,

“Hurry up unless you’re afraid or I shall bite you instead.’’ it sent back.
With a laugh I roared the battle cry of my forefathers in challenge and raced to meet them.

The end.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by sheikshegetto(m): 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Thanks to the readers for their patience, I hope you all enjoyed the edited folklore tale... Lol

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by germaphobe(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
guy you're great, looking forward to another tale. And dont forget to mention me

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by sheikshegetto(m): 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
germaphobe:
guy you're great, looking forward to another tale. And dont forget to mention me
thanks ..definitely will, glad I didn't waste the time you took to read this.
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Rukidiv(f): 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
#CONTINUE
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Cloud007: 9:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is wow...... He who has witnessed the battle of Sango will never join the ignorant to insult the mighty one of Koso!!! cool

I love folklore.....the crude days of the Nephilims!

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by sheikshegetto(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
Rukidiv:
#CONTINUE
lol, this chapter has ended dear... Another begins.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by sheikshegetto(m): 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Cloud007:
This is wow...... He who has witnessed the battle of Sango will not never join the ignorant to insult the mighty one of Koso!!! cool

I love folklore.....the crude days of the Nephilims!
nice interpretation there...actually got confused before the Yoruba version came to me... grin...the language is deep.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Cloud007: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
sheikshegetto:
nice interpretation there...actually got confused before the Yoruba version came to me... grin...the language is deep.
yea....Yoruba is sweet with clear interpretation. " Eni Sango o ti o ju e ja....ni bawon bu Oba Koso."
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Cloud007: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
Pls Inspire us more.
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by kingjomezy(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2017
ohhh my God! I so love this!!! ....nice nice nice.. wow

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by kaydee(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2017
sheikshegetto:
Thanks to the readers for their patience, I hope you all enjoyed the edited folklore tale... Lol
You're a great narrator, you mastered the art. I give you props. Worth the time.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Teddyg2(m): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2017
Do Elegbara worshipper exist till now
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by wtfcoded: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2017
Interesting story.
More like kratos n Zeus story.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Thedrebaba: 8:19am On Aug 20, 2017
Amazing story telling

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by IamCeazer(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2017
Wen next yur writtin, pls mention me. I lov dis ur story..
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Pearlyakin(m): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Teddyg2:
Do Elegbara worshipper exist till now
We have worshippers in Yoruba land, and we have lot of them in Cuba,Brazil and the Americas tho they adulterate the name to A Ellegua or Echu.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Korinnesta: 8:51am On Aug 20, 2017
Nice write-up bro

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by AgentOfAllah: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2017
You've got a very evocative style OP! Your character point of view help me see everything that was happening like it was a real memory. Very nicely done!
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Raintaker(m): 9:00am On Aug 20, 2017
Nice one. I love this.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by AgentOfAllah: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2017
Pearlyakin:

We have worshippers in Yoruba land, and we have lot of them in Cuba,Brazil and the Americas tho they adulterate the name to A Ellegua or Echu.

Calling it an adulteration is quite ignorant. It's no more an adulteration, than usu is an adulteration of isu, or than Odumare is an adulteration of Eledumare! The Yorubas of Dahomey, for instance, pronounce "oṣe" as "oche". This is probably no more than a dialect variation.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by tobiit(m): 9:41am On Aug 20, 2017
Yoruba folklore is one of the best of this world literature. My brother sheikshegetto, please give us some more like this. I so much love your story
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by huptin(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2017
wow what a aonderful story... I did not know that we still have great writers like you in Nigeria. kudos

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Dindondin(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2017
Sheikshegetto, omo ire bi iyan (a good Child like pounded yam. I enjoyed the folklore like abula.
I want more stories like this. I dey use my head do illustrations of the story

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by purples25(f): 10:18am On Aug 20, 2017
I love the story, please write another one.

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by NicoBaba(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2017
nice one Omo Oodua rere ... Sango olukoso o... oo nireke Obi,oko oya... looking forward to another story from you.... kindly mention me also.... This story alone is a good action movie

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by lalo128: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2017
Rukidiv:
i yaff shifted bruh
I beg shift for me too small
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by BigDealz: 11:01am On Aug 20, 2017
For once, I feel so proud of my culture... This alone could make me want to know more about our gods in Yoruba Land. This is more like Achilles story in Troy... Shango ooo... But anyway, Christianity still topping the list...

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by EmperorLee(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2017
Interesting smiley

Makes me wanna go complete my story "Jakuta" buh hustle no go gree angry
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by correctguy101(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2017
Very beautiful write-up

Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by Charlesdock(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2017
I love Yoruba culture, I love this! Can we have some more? Infact can I have your whatsapp number? I have some questions to ask o.
Re: Shango And His Battleaxe Oshe by correctguy101(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2017
BigDealz:
For once, I feel so proud of my culture... This alone could make me want to know more about our gods in Yoruba Land. This is more like Achilles story in Troy... Shango ooo... But anyway, Christianity still topping the list...

We nowadays attach too much meaning to the word "gods". It's simply those of ancient times, whose essence surpass that of mortals, most once lived on Earth, Some were killed here while others decided to just leave. Not a Yoruba but I definitely understand yoruba traditional beliefs and ancient history more than most Yoruba since I was born in the yoruba land.
Now you know Eshu means a double path hence the twins, Lanroye and Elegbara.

It's very interesting history I tell you. Meditating on the Pataki will trigger your brain to decode the import of each Pataki.

5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / How Water Get Into A Coconut Fruit / Kutty And The Ghetto Story By Rounakid (kutty)