Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Finding Mrs Right - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finding Mrs Right (22967 Views)

Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Finding Me (a true life story) / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding Mrs Right by yungeez(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2017
queenitee:

But we are both looking nah
baby u dnt understand, u cnt b luking 4 MRS RIGHT a WOMAN!, wen m here, r u trying to tell me dat m nt DOING my work in other room well?
Re: Finding Mrs Right by mhizgap(f): 4:02am On Jun 17, 2017
KimberlyWest:

sis, na 5 o.

I fear you
You're indeed a case
Re: Finding Mrs Right by queenitee(f): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2017
yungeez:

baby u dnt understand, u cnt b luking 4 MRS RIGHT a WOMAN!, wen m here, r u trying to tell me dat m nt DOING my work in other room well?
No nah, but you know I don't want to stress you
Re: Finding Mrs Right by yungeez(m): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
queenitee:

No nah, but you know I don't want to stress you
Oh baby, m nt complaining, anything dat happens within d confines of d other room is nt seen as stress, u no i would do anything 4 u, lets jst stop searching i tink we av found eachother
Re: Finding Mrs Right by trendymiss(f): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
Following
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
"Mom, you know am trying,I haven't just found the right woman. What you should be doing right now is consoling me and not putting more pressure on me. A woman publicly disgraced me and the family just two Saturdays ago and all you can think about is me finding another woman. In fact, I am even going back now"

Lawrence voice angrily sounded from the room.

"Damn it! See guy, I am going. You and the rest can stay with my mom. She's a mother for all like you people say so stay with her" Lawrence glowered at Jeff.

"You can't just go like that just because she brought it up. What were you expecting. Just stay and be good before you go." Jeff spoke as he took off his dark jeans and Hawaiian shirt. Lawrence cursed under his breathe. Inside him was a hurricane of emotions. Mide walked in and fell on the bed with a loud thud. He let out a yawn and scrounged his nose up.

"Hello? Am I missing anything here? Why you packing already" He asked as he blinked his thick eye-lashes. One thing Dr. Mide was known for was blinking.

"That doctor can blink for world cup" he would often hear the nurses gossip among themselves, but he cared less. It was a thing he couldn't change.

"Where is Bolu?" Jeff asked.

"Na me you dey ask? Didn't we come back from the beach together?"

"I think he's with mom anyways" Mide replied.

"Where is LR going now?" Mide asked, looking from Jeff to Lawrence.

"Na me you dey ask? Is this not him or you no get mouth?" Jeff shot back at him.

Mide smirked and moved closer to Lawrence whose face was buried down. He was deep in thought.

"LR. Wetin now? Why you dey commot when we just got here?"

"I am tired. Am just tired of mom and her excessive drama. You guys aint married too and your mother's aren't putting half of the pressure she's putting on me on you guys. I don't just get it"

"You know what? You guys can stay back and enjoy her 'tasty meals'. I guess that's why you love her so much. But remember you have lives to save" Lawrence said and began to pack his shoes into the bag.

"Maybe you have to be reminded that we are much more younger. You are the oldest in this clique man" Mide mouthed, snarling every single syllable.

Lawrence stopped and huffed.
"Thanks for saying it to my face. You just made me feel better" He inhaled and exhaled to keep his temper in check.

"Guy chillax na. The hospital gave you a month's leave for your wedding and.."

"Which didn't hold! So what are we still doing here when we have lives to save. See, I don't know about you but I am passionate about my job. I have pledged my allegiance to this profession and no circumstance would make me stop saving lives. You guys had better meet me in the car right now. Remember that they didn't give you leave. You just had to change the shifts"

Lawrence hooted and walked out of the room, wheeling out the bag behind him.

He sighed when he got to the living room and didn't meet his mum but Bolu playing ludo with his younger sister.

"Bibi, where is mum? He asked the seventeen year old teenager.

"Hmm..she should be in the kitchen. She replied and returned to the game. Lawrence hissed as he supported the bag close to the wall so it wouldn't fall. He walked to the kitchen and stood by the door, watching his mum fry eggs.

"I am going. I will transfer the monthly allowance to your account. Bye" He said and made to leave.

"Akanji!" His mum called his native praise name.

"Shit!" He cursed within himself. He hated that name with passion but his mum would always call him that.

Whether he like it or not. What's with Yoruba mothers and praise names anyways?
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
"Please my son. All I was trying to say is that you are old enough to have your wife and children. I'll be sixty next year and I haven't seen my grandchild. Bibitayo is young. She is just seventeen. You are the only one that can give me what I want. Just look at Mrs Dekola. In fact let me use someone that is close to you. Look at Bolu's mom. Her second son who is just twenty-eight got married three months ago. That I someone you are older than. I am very sure his wife will soon put to bed. Please my son, make me happy"

Lawrence rolled his eyes as his mother went on and on. She even knew some info he didn't know. He rolled his eyes again when his mother gave more examples of her friends who already had grandchildren. And then she dropped the one that made his heart flutter.

"Why don't you sign up on all these dating sites?" She asked, dropping the frying pan on the cabinet and spinning around to face him. Did his mother just suggest him signing up on a dating site or did he hear her wrong?

"Mom! I will look for my wife and find her myself. I don't have to do that" he said, drawing a heavy sigh as he leaned on the doorframe. Now he knew it was going to be a long conversation. He silently prayed it wouldn't turn out to be a heated argument at the end of the day.

"When you are not even on any social network except WhatsApp. How would you find a wife? Instagram, no. Facebook, you deactivated. Twitter, capital No. All you know is to wear white coat and be carrying stethoscope around. I am giving you till December to look for her. Else I'll have to sign you up myself or continue matchmaking you with my friend's daughters."

"Ehnehn. That reminds me, do you know Omotoke? That figure eight lepa 'shandi' girl that you attended the same secondary school with?"

"Which Omotoke?Mom, see I am going. I'll see you some other time" he frankly mumbled as he wrinkled his face. He was already getting pissed.

"No. Wait. You don't know Omotoke? Mrs Johnson's first daughter that you went to command secondary school together?"

"No mom, I don't know her" he stated gravely.

"Anyway I saw her last week. She asked of you and I gave her your number. She is doing her housmanship i

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
She is doing her housemanship in UCH too. She graduated from Unilag last year, pharmacy."

"Ok mom. I will choose to ignore the fact that you gave her my number without my permission and not talk. Bye"

He said in a matter of fact tone and turned to leave.

"Wait juur. If you see the girl now. She is now a big girl o. She's fine, tall, has coca-cola shape. You just have to meet her. And thank God she's even in UCH too. Make sure you see her" she winked and gave a sarcastic grin.

"Bye mum". Lawrence breathed and gave his mum a peck. His mom could win a golden medal when it came to gisting. Little wonder his dad divorced her. She was full of drama and to crown it all. She had loose mouth. But she was his mother anyway and he still loved every bit of her.

"Bibi love. I am leaving. When are you going back to school tho?" He asked and he scratched his hair.

"Next week. Pls don't forget to send the money I asked for. Have a safe trip"

she said, not looking up. She twisted into what could pass for a yoga pose and continued dicing. Once Bibi was into something she was into it for real and Ludo was a game that got her very engrossed.

"Bolu, I'll see you guys when I see you. Jeff! Mide! Bye. If then born you well, no come I.b before Sunday. I will personally prepare your sack letters. Lazy doctors!" He spazzed out and left.
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
'Christ! What is she doing here?' Lawrence muttered under his breath as he wound up the car window and stepped out. Stella was standing in a grey top and blue pants just before his door.

The latter was a doctor who also worked in UCH. She was beautiful with an oval face, thick long lashes and brown eyes.

Her love for Lawrence was pretty obvious. Only a blind man wouldn't see how she blushed and acted all lovey-dovey like a lovestruck teen whenever they went for wardrounds together. In fact a consultant had playfully teased Lawrence when he would finally pop the question and Stella had giggled.

"Dr. Stella, what are you doing here?" Lawrence asked as he stood before her with his hands crossed around his chest.

"Good evening to you too. I was informed you would come back from Lagos today so I brought you food"

"Food? Errr... thanks but I don't remember me telling you when I would come back and besides, you should have expected my wife with me"

"C'mon. No wedding was held. I heard about what happened so I knew there was no wife anywhere. And am sorry for the incident"
Lawrence rolled his eyes.

'Like she wasn't happy with that happened' he thought.

"Well. I must commend your informant. But please I would want to be sneaked up on. I am also not comfortable with a stranger, or let me say someone in the dark knowing my whereabouts and every detail of my life. I mean, it's scary'

'Lawrence...'

'Dr. Lawrence please" he corrected. He didn't want to breed unnecessary familiarity. He wanted to be as formal as possible with her.
Stella smiled as she kneaded her fingers on his cheeks.

"Maybe we should at least, go in"

She said and flashed him a wide smile. Stella's set of teeth were incredible. Her teeth were almost on her gums, which made her smile nothing close to beautiful. Only her pair of eyes intrigued him but still, he didn't have an iota of love for her.

Lawrence inserted a key into the keyhole and flung the door open. He walked in while Stella trailed behind. Placing the basket of food carefully on the table, Stella held his hand and turned him around so he was facing her.

"I don't want you thinking about anything, Dr. Lawrence" she said, sarcastica
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
"I don't want you thinking about anything. Dr Lawrence" she said, sarcastically pronouncing the 'Dr'. A grin plastered on Lawrence's face. He removed his hands from her grip and gave a cheesy smile again.

"Dr Stella. Thanks for the care. It's appreciated and don't you worry about anything. I'll be fine"

"I think you have to get going. It's getting late and your house is far from here. And thanks for the food".

Lawrence added as he walked to the door to open it for her.

"Get going? No. I am off duty tomorrow so I am spending the night here. Let me get some plates so I can dish your food"

'What the hell' Lawrence cursed as he tightened his fist.

"Good morning honey" Stella greeted as she streamed into the room with a tray of fried egg, jam and bread.

'Ohoh. This girl will finish the jam I've been managing now' Lawrence thought as he sat up on the bed, using his fingers to rub his face lightly. Lawrence was a die hard lover of Jam. Especially strawberry and pineapple flavour. He could kill for it.

He thought he would manage it till the end of the month before he found time to go shopping for groceries but this girl annoying the shit out of him by first, staying the night in his house and second, serving him all of the jam he had left, thinking he would be impressed.

"I hope you slept well." Stella said as she raked through his hair playfully. Lawrence gave a short grin and removed her hands from his hair. Gosh! The unncessary familiarity was just getting on his nerves.

"Yes, I did. Thanks a lot for the breakfast. When did you say you were leaving?" He asked, scratching his nose.

"Errm. Evening. Do you have a problem with that?" She asked as she shifted her weight on the bed.

"Huh. Not really. I was just wondering when you would be leaving"

"Have you had laundry recently?"

"No. I was at my mom's house in Lagos for some weeks"

"Ok. So that means you have some dirty clothes yeah?" She asked, her eyebrows arched up.

Lawrence nodded as he munched on the bread coated with jam.

"Okay. Just point to where they are, let me wash them after cleaning the house"

'What? Are you frigging kidding me?' Lawrence almost grunted out.

Stella rose up and swayed her tiny straight waists as she walked out of the room. Lawrence breathed a blissful sigh. "Damn!" He huffed, gritting his teeth.

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lawrence navigated the car to the parking lot and parked his car. After Stella cleaned the house and cooked lunch.

She asked him out on a date to the cinema and he had obliged, even though it was not from his heart, he just had to say yes to her to make her happy. "Baby, let's get ice cream at KFC first" Stella said smiling sweetly as she wound down the window.

"Dr. Stella. Can we not go through this again?"
"Through what?" "The name calling. I mean the baby, sweetie and all."

"Oh. Ok" She drew a sigh and looked down at her fingers.

"Dr. Stella, I am not being ungrateful here. I appreciate everything you've been doing but then I don't think I fancy all that. Please" he said, staring deeply into her eyes which was almost turning jelly with water. He figured she was about to cry.

"It's no problem Lawrence. I now know the feelings aren't mutual"

'Not like they had been mutual all along anyway' he thought, rolling his eyes.

"I am sorry. I.. I am very sorry I can't give back. What you are asking is too much to give. You are not my Mrs. Right. I don't feel this spark when we are together. I am sorry but I don't think we are meant to be" he softly said as he placed his fingers on her cheeks and wiped off the tear that slipped down her left eye.

"But let's give it a chance. Feelings grow" She said to him, holding his hands tight.
"It's not that easy Dr. Stella."

"It is. Just give us a chance. I am sure we would work out. I will try all my best to..."

"That's the point. It really pisses me off. Don't try to impress me. Be yourself. I really hate it when someone does things to impress me. Don't force anything. Just let them fall into place. What flow, flows and what crashes, crashes. Please be yourself okay?"

She nodded and gave a short smile.
"Okay, so is this a yes?" She asked, holding his gaze for a long time.

He breathed and took in some air in his cheeks.
"I guess so" He replied curtly.

Stella cooed softly as she pulled him into a hug. "I am so happy. Thank you"

Lawrence smiled and opened the door.

"Oh yes! The cinema" She shrilled amidst smiles.
Stella put her hand round his waist as they walked to KFC. They bought ice cream and a pack of popcorn.
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lawrence got out of the car and headed straight to Dr. Sylvester's office. He was fully back to work. He climbed the stairs and walked into Radiology department.

Dr. Slyvester was a radiologist and they were close friends.
He brought out his phone and tried placing a call through to him to inform him of his arrival. As he tried returning his phone back to his pocket, he bumped into someone.

"Hey. Are you blind?" Came a babyish voice. Lawrence took a step backward. He shook his head lightly and bent to pack the pills and paper scattered on the floor.

"I think you should use these eyes you have in your face. They are so not for decoration" She said angrily, scoffed and made to leave but Lawrence grabbed her by her arm and pulled her back.

"You. Are. very. Rude" He spoke, enunciating each and every word.

The girl hissed and walked away, towards the pharmacy. Lawrence sighed and strode to his friend's office. He couldn't believe he had just been insulted by a young girl.

"Hey yo! You are back. Welcome" Sylvester hailed.
Lawrence smiled and shook hands with him.
They both took their seats and exchanged pleasantries.

"How is your wife and family?" Lawrence asked as he scanned around the well arranged office.

"That woman? She won't kill me. She's fine anyway" Slyvester replied with a bright smile. He got married the year before and he was another reason marriage scared Lawrence. His wife was troublesome and he was always complaining. 'If marriage is this stressful then I wonder why anyone should go into it' Lawrence would always think in his head. One of these days, he would resolve into casual flings.

"Bro, I heard of what happened. I am so so sorry about that. It must have been a very trying time for you." Lawrence smiled.

"Yeah. It was. You don't wanna know"

"How far with you and Dr. Stella. She uploaded a picture of you on her Facebook wall last night and I was almost wondering if you and her are now an item"

"What? She uploaded my picture? Please can I see the caption?"

"Sure" Slyvester replied as he reached for the pocket in his white coat to fetch his phone. He did some swiping and gave the phone to Lawrence.
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
'Man Crush Everyday.Much love. Had a nice time at the cinema with Le boo'

"Damn!Why would she upload this already?" Lawrence angrily hit his fist on the table as he stewed.

"Sylvester. Thanks,I think I will see you later. Have you seen her today?"

"Errm. Calm down please. She and Dr George have an early morning surgery. I saw them wheeling the patient into theatre B when I was parking. Please take things easy"

As Lawrence entered the reception. He greeted the nurses and made to enter his office but he was stopped by a nurse.
"Dr. There is a patient waiting for you. She is from radiology and you are to run a X-ray on her" Nurse Kofo stated as she slimmed down her white gown.

"Please send her in." He spoke and left. He could hear the other nurses at the reception gossip about his failed wedding but he was in no mood to dish out to anyone.

He would keep his temper in check. Besides, nurses were known for their gossips and eye services. He expected the news to be on the lips of everyone that knew of the wedding anyway. That was something that would spread like wildfire.

He opened his door but was greeted by the sight of cobwebs hanging here and there. He got the broom behind the door and cleaned his office, making sure he dusted away dirts and the webs.
He opened the windows and put on his coat. As he was about bringing out his phone charger so he could charge his phone, a knock fell on the door.

He wished it was Stella. He really wanted to talk sense into her. Yes she might be happy they were now together but posting his pictures online and showing off less than a day old relationship like that? He would not have it.

"Come in" he said when the knocker was getting impatient. The door opened. Lawrence's jaw dropped as he beheld the face of the girl he had bumped into earlier. He raised an eyebrow as the girl walked further into the office and took her seat.
"I didn't ask you to sit down!" He barked.

"But you were going to!" She shouted back.

"Young girl. I would not have you shout at me in my own office" he retorted.

"See. I am not in for this nonsense. Just do what you should do and let me leave" she rudely gave out.

Lawrence scoffed as he stared at the girl before him. How can a lady be so rude, impolite, obnoxious, mean and bad mannered. Didn't she know he was far older than her? Or was something eating her up? Lawrence sighed again, making sure he wouldn't burst at the end of the day due to the anger surging vigorously through his body.

"Where is your file?" He asked.

"Obviously, I didn't bring it in. What would you do with my file? I was told you would examine a

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
"Where is your file?" He asked.

"Obviously, I didn't bring it in. What would you do with my file. I was told you would examine and run a test on me or something."

"Am I meant to write my diagnosis and inference on your face? If you know what's good for you, Go to the records unit and get your file or buy one if you are a new patient". He stuck out to her.

She hissed and walked out of the office. Lawrence heaved another sigh for the umpteenth time. The girl returned fifteen minutes later with a new file. He got the file from her and checked her age.

"You are twenty-three but a ten year old girl has better manners"

"What? Is this how doctors insult their patients? I am very much aware of the medical laws and etiquettes and one of it is that patients should not be affronted". She lashed out.

"Wow. See who is talking about etiquettes. I think you should also read on how a decent and well cultured lady should speak and behave." He dished to her.

The lady wanted to reply but he was quick enough to stop her.

"I think this is the point you stop blabbing and tell me what exactly is wrong".

"Fine then. I have this pains and ache in my left breast."

"For how long?" He asked, scribbling down some things on the white paper in her file.

"Two weeks" "Any headache or fever as an accompanier?"

"No just pains"

"Okay.I think you have to lie down so I would know the areas paining you"

"You will see and touch my own breast?Never!"

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by Akinwale14(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hmm interesting
Re: Finding Mrs Right by jummiepearl(f): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
Some ladies are just nothing but a disgrace to "ladyhood" e.g Dr Stella

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by Xeynab(f): 5:59am On Jun 19, 2017
Too interesting...next episode pls
Re: Finding Mrs Right by trendymiss(f): 7:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Hahahhaha * u will see and touch my own breast?*
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Kimkardashain(f): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2017
jummiepearl:
Some ladies are just nothing but a disgrace to "ladyhood" e.g Dr Stella

hmmm.i smell love at frst fyt
Re: Finding Mrs Right by XCELsis(f): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2017
Wow.. . Nice

Come and update ooo
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Shakyroh320(f): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2017
enjoying every bit of it, keep it coming dear, waiting for the next update
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Shakyroh320(f): 9:34am On Jun 19, 2017
trendymiss:
trendymiss:
Re: Finding Mrs Right by jummiepearl(f): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2017
Kimkardashain:

hmmm.i smell love at frst fyt
Same here,d rude girl might be Dr Lawrence mrs right

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by queenitee(f): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2017
What's wrong with Doctor Stella self? And the rude girl, aubty erora o
Re: Finding Mrs Right by yhungbrowhne(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
following bumper to number nice update
Re: Finding Mrs Right by genius43(m): 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nice one writer, more MB to ur device and more ideas to ur brain...
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
I so came late ooo, I'm here now and the story is dope

Romanticnovels, welldone ooo
Re: Finding Mrs Right by Shakyroh320(f): 8:17am On Jun 20, 2017
I just hope Stella won't give them problem, how I wish Lawrence is a bit patient before telling Stella yes
Re: Finding Mrs Right by redon12(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lawrence huffed out an aggravated breathe as he packed his suitcase and walked in hurried steps out of his office.

He was done for the day and it was another doctor’s turn to continue from where he stopped. He reached for his pocket, his fingers grazed what felt like his car keys and he brought them out. He slid inside the car and ignited.

“Baby wait!” Stella screamed as she started walking out of the obstetrics and Gynecology department. Opening the passenger’s door and stepping in, she gave Lawrence a warm and inviting smile.
“Hey Love. How was your day?” She asked, giving a perfectly lined smile.

Lawrence scoffed, trying his best to hide his nerves. He turned off the engine and looked at her.

“My day was good thanks.”

“No dear, what’s wrong?” Stella furrowed her brows in question.

“Everything is wrong Stella!”

Stella was taken aback at his outburst. “I don’t understand” She said, almost out of breathe.
“Why did you post my picture on Facebook? Why all these public display over what we just started? I think you have to take things slow. You know what happened to me weeks ago and right now, I am very sensitive. Anything can turn me off”

“Oh, that’s it right? You don’t want me to be proud of what I have? Or you are trying to hide our relationship? Lawrence is there something I need to know that I haven’t known?” She charged at him, challenging his temper.

He sighed and looked out the window. His heart was palpitating loudly in his chest.

“Why didn’t you call me last night to tell me goodnight? Why didn’t you call me this morning to hear my voice? There has not been any call or message from you. I think you know about this thing called ‘checking up’” she spoke up, using her fingers to make the quotation sign in the air.
Lawrence kept silent, his face remaining unreadable.

“Lawrence say something!”

“What? Stella I had a very hectic day. I had to deal with a difficult patient today and you are also being tough here. Why are your expectations this high? You expect too much from me and it’s very scary because I am afraid that I won’t be able to do all these things you expect”

Stella looked at him with uncertainty in her eyes. She gulped.

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
"Lawrence. Do you love me?"
"At this point, I think I have to go home"
"No! Answer me"

“Stella please, all these unnecessary rants are giving me headache. I want peace. There are too much dramas going on in my life already and all I want is someone that will give me peace. Is that too much to ask for?”

With that, Stella shut her lips up and looked straight, staring at nothing in particular.
“Please take me home” She pointed out.

Lawrence cringed as he ignited and the engine roared to life. He smiled when some medical student in U.I hailed him. Those were the students he tutored embryology and anatomy and he was glad they still appreciated him and what he did for them then.

The ride to Stella’s house was silent. A conversation only came up when there was traffic and Lawrence asked if she wanted something cold.

“Stella, I know I am not half the kind of man you want but know I am trying my best.” He said to the twenty-seven year old doctor. She smiled, the smile reaching her puppy dog eyes and then gave him a light peck before getting out of his car.

The smell of freshly made Efo soup wafted around the house as Lawrence parked his car and got down. He wondered if the boys had arrived from Lagos and they were probably cooking. They were the only ones with spare keys of his house.

He opened the door and headed straight to the kitchen, only to see a strange lady adding seasonings to the soup on fire.

“Hello?” he called out.

His husky voice made the young lady startle. She jolted and the spoon dropped into the pot of soup, making it splash.

“My eyes! Pepper!” she whimpered softly as she hiked up her t-shirt and started rubbing her eyes with it. Lawrence quickly put on the tap as he rushed to her and plashed the water all over her face.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you” He said when he realized the lady meant no harm and she was with no weapon.

“Who are you and how did you get in here?” he pressed, raising a challenging eyebrow at her.
“Please let me finish up with this” she said, stirring the soup. She tasted it and put the gas off.

“My name is Omotoke. And your mom told your friend, Jeff to give me the spare key of your house so I could come cook Efo soup for you. I just pounded yam some minutes ago.”

1 Like

Re: Finding Mrs Right by romanticnovels: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
"Excuse me, you pounded yam or you stirred poundo yam"

"I pounded it. Isn't that what Ekitis and ondo's like?" She asked, erupting into a fit of giggles.
Lawrence smiled. "I am sorry my mum had to stress you this much.Thanks. I am Lawrence"

"Dr Lawrence" I know you. I have seen you a couple of times in UCH and we also attended command" she prompted, grinning widely.

"Oh Yea.Mom was saying something about you attending command secondary too. I don't think I had an omotoke as a colleague then"

“You were one year my senior. I was in S.S.2 when you graduated”
“Hmm. Not bad. I heard you are a pharmacist. How has UCH been treating you?”

“Well, fine” she replied, relaxing on the kitchen’s cabinet. She pushed her hair out of her face so that it fell behind her shoulder.

“I think you should go freshen up while I set the table”

“Alright. Thanks a milli” He said as he walked out of the kitchen.

Toke placed four wraps of pounded in a plate for him and two wraps for herself. She dished two plates of the well stocked Efo soup and cat fish. She strode to the dining table and placed the plates on it. She got the freshly made orange juice from the fridge and poured the liquid into two glasses. She took the glasses and placed them just beside the food.

“You made the orange drink?” Lawrence’s voice came. He further walked to the dining table, pulled out a chair and sat on the soft padded cushion-like dinning chair.

“Yes. It’s homemade” Toke replied, smiling sweetly.

“Great dimples you have there” He complimented.

“Thanks” she said and blushed a deep shade of red.

He noticed the blush and smirked inwardly.
“Oh, sorry. Let me get a bowl of water so you can rinse your hands” she said and scurried to the kitchen.

“Thank you” Lawrence said once the bowl landed with a clunk on the table. He dipped his hands inside the bowl of water and rinsed them. He molded a small quantity of the pounded yam into a ball and coated soup with it, then threw it into his mouth and swallowed.

“This is great, Omotoke you are a good cook” He commended with satisfaction in his eyes as he molded the second ball.

The sound of her name falling from his mouth and the possibility of him and her together as one like his mother suggested to her over the phone unleashed fire within her.

As he ate, Toke analyzed him carefully. His hair was cut short at the sides but it was a bit high in the middle. Along his high cheekbones and jaw line was a thin layer of facial hair which made him appear even more handsome. One would never think he was in his early thirties already. She pictured herself running her hands through his dark curly hair and pressing feverish kisses along his jaw and neck.

‘Damn! This guy is a hot God in disguise!' She thought as she unwrapped her pounded yam. Her gaze still fixed on him. His dark honey eyes could melt a lady's eyes. Everything about him screamed cuteness.

Everything down to his posture and the dark stare he was stealing at her once in a while. And for another time again, their eyes shamefully at the recognition that she had just been caught again analyzing his every feature.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throw Back Picture Of Wole Soyinka On A Stage Play 1960(pics) / My Take On Chimamanda "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Does Anyone Feel The Same Way To? / Hacked:romance And Action Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.