Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,527 members, 7,801,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna (18807 Views)

El-rufai Introduces Electronic Voting To Nigeria. / The Untold Truth About The New Kaduna Residency Card By Gov. El-rufai / Kaduna Govt. Introduces Residency Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
The Mallam Nasir el-Rufai-led Kaduna State Government, on Wednesday, formally announced the introduction of residency card for all its residents to enable it plan and provide social services.

The state’s Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Alhaji Muhammad Abdullahi, told newsmen that the initiative was crucial for planning purposes.

He spoke shortly after he was registered for the card at the North West Zonal Office of the National Identity Card Management Commission (NIMC) in Kaduna.

He said: “Kaduna State Government is currently providing a number of free social services for the people in the state.

“But to achieve the desired impact, we need to have the accurate figure of those residing in the state. We need to know who and who resides in our state and where.

“When we know the number of people residing in the state and where they are, it will help us to plan and provide better services and for all residents.’’

He said people would soon be required to present their residency card before they could access such services.

“Kaduna state is open for everyone due to its strategic location, geographically, economically and politically.

“But if you are going to stay in the state beyond 180 days, you would be required to register and obtain our residency card.

“This is very important not only in planning, but also in ensuring security. We gathered that most of the security issues we are having in the state are cause by people from other states,” he said.

The commissioner explained that the registration exercise was being carried out in partnership with NIMC and open to all residents of all ages.

He appealed to everyone to come out en mass and get registered in the more than 31 centres across the state.

The NIMC North West Zonal Director, Mr. Oyesola Taiwo, explained that registration for the residency card was linked with the NIMC data base.

“The process is very easy, if you already have the national identification number, all you need to do is just to present the number and you will be captured immediately.

“In a situation that you do not have, the first step is to register for the national identification number, after, you will be captured for the state residency card, “he added.

Alhaji Idris Abdullahi, Chairman, Kaduna House of Assembly Committee on Budget and Planning, said that the exercise had legal backing and was appropriated for in the 2017 budget.

He enjoined all residents in the state to support the government in meeting their needs by coming out with their families, friends and relations to register.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/el-rufais-kaduna-govt-introduces-residency-card/

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
gradually they're unfolding their plans

i only pity some gullible yerobas who thinks that Kaduna declaration is all about igbos grin

the conspiracy theory there is that they'll capitalize on igbos curiosity to achieve biafra and use that as the means to frustrate Osinbajo government since they know that Buhari is not returning anytime soon.

mark my words the north will rather let Nigeria burn and disintegrate than to let yaradua/Goodluck Jonathan repeat itself cheesy

the joyful thing here is that its a win win for igbos

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
ask yourself why are security agents silent on those that committed real treason by declaring igbos non citizens of Nigeria without due processes

trust me when poo hits the fan the security agencies will do eye service on the issue

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
lalasticlala obinoscopy front page

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by okosodo: 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
I love this. They are making it look so easy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by DanseMacabre(m): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hahaha. Don't tell me they're next planning to start herding non-indigenes into ghettos, and issuing them residency permits.

Does this mean El Rufai is a neo-Nazi in disguise? Hmmmmm,

With the prevailing herd mentality, not to talk of the theories of a Northern conspiracy, I won't be surprised when other Northern governors follow suit.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by xarm(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hmm
Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by Ehiscotch(m): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
undecided The FTC guy is too clever. He figured it all out.

26 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by IdeyFindWife: 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Hahaha. Don't tell me they're next planning to start herding non-indigenes into ghettos, and issuing them residency permits.

Does this mean El Rufai is a neo-Nazi in disguise? Hmmmmm,

With the prevailing herd mentality, not to talk of the theories of a Northern conspiracy, I won't be surprised when other Northern governors follow suit.

We are watching them; not many of them in the SS but for withholding and wasting our oil revenue, payday is coming fast.

After failing at properly developing their region with all the freebies they unjustly siphoned, their sense of sufficiency in Chad Basin oil-discovery is pushing into thinking they can stand alone. Let them continue.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by feelgoodInc: 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
kikikikikkkiiiikiiki
Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by chymes0359(m): 12:00am On Jun 16, 2017

I think that their have been an initial plan on how this country is going to break down..
#1 first was the meeting of the retired Generals in Niger state..
#2 second was PMB second travel of no return..
#3 third was the utterance of the northern youths..
#4 fourth was the support by the northern elder forum..
#5 fifth was the introduction of this residency permit..

The whole thing seems to me like this people are acting on an already made script written by PMB as his last WILL..

God if this is how you want am, Let your will be done..

Coz right now it seems like the North are pro-Biafra more than the Biafrians by giving all the Igbos ULTIMATUM to leave the north before October 1st..
Coz they have got a plan..

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by alade112(m): 3:47am On Jun 16, 2017
cursedAbiola:

i only pity some gullible yerobas who thinks that Kaduna declaration is all about igbos  grin

the conspiracy theory there is that they'll capitalize on igbos curiosity to achieve biafra and use that as the means to frustrate Osinbajo government since they know that Buhari is not returning anytime soon. 

mark my words the north will rather let Nigeria burn and disintegrate than to let yaradua/Goodluck Jonathan repeat itself  cheesy

So what are you claiming now Intelligent? Lol! the way you guys reason eh! Pls what is bad with this Residency Card  of a thing? Lagos,ondo and I think ogun state have done that since with the aim of providing  better services for the residents and bringing governance closer to them. You read the heading without reading the content of the News and jump into conclusion, forming CIA/FBI on a mere co incident issue. 

No need for long English, tell your people to go back to the east,did they force them in the first place,are they not the one begging that they don't want to leave? If many people out there reason the way you do,Planet Earth for don pafuka since cheesy cheesy

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by binsanni(m): 3:57am On Jun 16, 2017
whao.. moreover lets see what will happen when people heard of APC com 2019.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by fineboynl(m): 4:00am On Jun 16, 2017
one of the most useless bill. but wait a minutes the oil explosion they wasted our money on in the north what has become of it?

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by HiddenShadow: 4:32am On Jun 16, 2017
cursedAbiola:

i only pity some gullible yerobas who thinks that Kaduna declaration is all about igbos grin

mark my words the north will rather let Nigeria burn and disintegrate than to let yaradua/Goodluck Jonathan repeat itself cheesy

chymes0359

Kaduna declaration is to scare the Igbos out of the North leaving only Yorubas in the North as a hostage deal to force Osibanjo to give up power when the killings start.

Unfortunately, Yorubas online have not seen the big picture that is why they keep hailing the Kaduna declaration

10 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by kayzat: 4:50am On Jun 16, 2017
cursedAbiola:

i only pity some gullible yerobas

You see why nobody take you guys serious again and you guys always label other cowards while you nurse deep fears over irrelevant and harmless things.

So residency card that is already in existence in some SW states is making you guys pee in your trousers.

Igbos are the real definition of cowards.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 4:59am On Jun 16, 2017
[s]
kayzat:

You see why nobody take you guys serious again and you guys always label other cowards while you nurse deep fears over irrelevant and harmless things.

So residency card that is already in existence in some SW states is making you guys pee in your trousers.

[/s]
what's this one saying

14 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 5:00am On Jun 16, 2017
[s]
alade112:

So what are you claiming now Intelligent? Lol! the way you guys reason eh! Pls what is bad with this Residency Card  of a thing? Lagos,ondo and I think ogun state have done that since with the aim of providing  better services for the residents and bringing governance closer to them. You read the heading without reading the content of the News and jump into conclusion, forming CIA/FBI on a mere co incident issue. 

No need for long English, tell your people to go back to the east,did they force them in the first place,are they not the one begging that they don't want to leave? If many people out there reason the way you do,Planet Earth for don pafuka since cheesy cheesy 
[/s]. another trash

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 16, 2017
kayzat:

they don't want to pay tax grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by alade112(m): 5:06am On Jun 16, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s]. another trash

Mr CIA my instinct tell me that, U re un intelligent being bringing out something out of Nothing! Ordinary Residency Card, Una dey cry!

21 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by cursedAbiola(f): 5:12am On Jun 16, 2017
[s]
alade112:

Mr CIA my instinct tell me that, U re un intelligent being bringing out something from Nothing! Ordinary Residency Card, Una dey cry!
[/s]
another trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by kayzat: 5:13am On Jun 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

chymes0359

Kaduna declaration is to scare the Igbos out of the North leaving only Yorubas in the North as a hostage deal to force Osibanjo to give up power when the killings start.

Unfortunately, Yorubas online have not seen the big picture that is why they keep hailing the Kaduna declaration

Which stupid big picture ? Is this why you tag Yorubas cowards and betrayals ? because they don't join you in spreading stupidity and nonsensical nonsense.

Yorubas will never join you guys in your stupidity

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by kayzat: 5:18am On Jun 16, 2017
TheCabal:

they don't want to pay tax grin

They are just stupid and afraid of anything and anybody.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by alade112(m): 5:19am On Jun 16, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] another trash
probably when you have nothing upstairs, everything will be trash to U.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by azimibraun: 5:21am On Jun 16, 2017
Shame!!!Shame!!!!and Shame!!! Kaduna state just beat me to this and some fools are saying the igbos are the target? Only criminals and illiterates will condemn this move. How does some one move into a brand new city and he or she is not known to government and the law? How can you account for what you don't know? I thought I was going to read things like Wa o!, Long over due, Have we been sleeping? Etc. Instead I am seeing people claiming to be the targets of the policy. Are igbos the only people who come into Kaduna? I am not sure you have more igbos as you have Yorubas and kogi people in Kaduna. This blindness for Biafra won't make an Igbo Man see anything good anymore. If this is implemented, Kaduna state can at every second tell you how many people came into Kaduna state and how many moved out of the state. It will help fight crime. Don't our people who travel abroad know this things happen? God pls remove hate from Nigerians and put development in them.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by Lushore1: 5:27am On Jun 16, 2017
iPod and their propaganda again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by azimibraun: 5:38am On Jun 16, 2017
In my own proposal to Lagos state on this same initiative. It didn't stop at just 180 days visiting folks. I proposed that every permanent resident ( folks who have lived above 5 yrs in Lagos) and all their family members must have Identification card or number ( indegien or non indegien) a typical example is pick any body in lagos and say what is your residency number? " 4559" is my number. The officers from the residency board will just type "4559" on a an IPAD, Phone or tab and your name address and picture will just appear from the data base. That the way to go. For the 180 days visitors they can renew their stay if need be and can eventually become full resident after 5yrs of stay that's when they get a permanent residency number. ID card may cost money but anybody who wishes to own one can have one produced but the number is what matters so that at birth a child can get a resident's number by birth. Crime must reduce, development planning must be near accurate, influx and out flux of people must be predictable Nigeria must modernise. I want to go about knowing I have a residency number and ID. Either from birth or applied after 5yrs of staying in Lagos on a permanent job or business.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by azimibraun: 5:51am On Jun 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

chymes0359

Which dirty big picture? I bet you if Biafra is actualized today, this will be the very thing you people will implement. To begin from the beginning. And that means Identifying first who is who? Every Biafran must first be giving an Identity to know the number of people you are dealing with. Instead of thinking how to learn best practice you dey here dey tell us big picture. You be photographer; who ask you for engagement?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by bamirotola: 6:05am On Jun 16, 2017
Tribal war everywhere.... Elrufai is one of our major problem in naija.... But let him continue... I pray we won't divide soon but Gods will wikk b done
Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by DanseMacabre(m): 6:15am On Jun 16, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

We are watching them; not many of them in the SS but for withholding and wasting our oil revenue, payday is coming fast.

After failing at properly developing their region with all the freebies they unjustly siphoned, their sense of sufficiency in Chad Basin oil-discovery is pushing into thinking they can stand alone. Let them continue.

Men this country just keeps getting funnier.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by chymes0359(m): 6:19am On Jun 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

chymes0359

What ever they are planning won't work..
Even with residents permit the Igbos will still dominate Kaduna.
He will be surprised how many Igbos that are in his host state more than the indigene..
And when they are gone which I bet not all he had be more surprised like nebbuchardnezzer and the writing on the wall.
Re: El-Rufai Introduces Residency Card In Kaduna by hammer6: 6:23am On Jun 16, 2017
god punish el rufai and no Nigerian or Kaduna people should get the card.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Unproductive Foreign Trips - Punch / Akeredolu Thanks President Buhari As Bitumen Exploitation Commences In Ondo / FFK To Jack Dorsey: 'Banning Trump Showed Your Hatred For Him'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.