Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic (39414 Views)

Rasaq Balogun: EFCC Storms Yahoo Boys' Den In Lagos, Arrests Kingpin, 26 Others / Bariga Cult Kingpin, Dodo Arrested (Photo) / Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by dre11(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2017
How suspected fraudster, Arinze, died seeking forgiveness

Posted by Juliana Francis

Mr Princewill Arinze Eze aka Senator Nwobodo, was a man many Nigerians will not forget in a hurry. Eze, from Imo State, was married and had five kids; four sons and a daughter. He often described himself as a businessman. Police described him as a ‘career suspected criminal.’

He had been arrested at least four times for different times, by different security agencies, including the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). But like a cat with nine lives, Eze had always managed to land back on his feet.

The last law enforcement agency to grab him, leading to his becoming a guest at the Maximum prison, was the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command. He was arrested on February 26, 2015.

He was accused of many crimes, among which was wearing of EFCC reflective vests to rob, steal and dupe unsuspecting Nigerians.

His major targets were operators of Bureau De Change. Eze, 55, was arrested along with Amira Abdallahi (32), Daniel Okpara (30), Paul Irior (37), Bassey Williams Ekpenyoung (39) and Royal Nwabuike (32).

He was said to have been arrested several times for robbery, but he had a penchant for escaping convictions, earning him the nickname, ‘cat with nine lives.’

Police said: “The suspect goes about in a tinted car, fitted with a radio base, where police radio messages are intercepted. The car also has siren which blared whenever Eze was on the move.
He uses EFCC uniforms, handcuffs and guns to rob Bureau De Change operators in Abuja and Lagos State of foreign currencies.

“Recovered from the suspects are; Bryco 59 pistol with serial no. 930945 with six rounds of 5.56mm live ammunition, single barrel pistol cut to size with four live cartridges, and three Toyota Highlander jeeps. The first is ash colour, marked LSR11DB.

The second is maroon colour marked LSR 671DK, another maroon colour marked KTU 380DK. Police also recovered a Toyota Sienna 2012 model, marked JJJ424CQ, Toyota 4 Runner, marked KRD 449DG, one Toyota Camry Saloon car unregistered, N4 million cash and some foreign currencies.”

Eze was arrested after Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Abba Kyari tracked him to his home at VGC Ajah. Chatting with journalists back then, Eze said: “I have been into this business for quite some time now.

I was arrested four years ago by SARS operatives and charged to court over similar issues. I have been arraigned in courts over seven times but since there wasn’t any prosecutor and paper to prosecute me on the cases, I was bailed and told to go.”

Eze had earlier been arrested in 2014 by the EFCC for fraud. On February 20, 2014, three gunmen in police uniform snatched Eze, from a prison warder at the Igbosere area of Lagos State, while being taken to court. Eze was charged to court by EFCC for obtaining $ 92,000 under false pretence.

After his arrest by SARS, before he was charged to court, he claimed that he paid EFCC and prison warders N10 million each, to snatch him on the way to the Igbosere court.

While in SARS custody, Eze said: “I’ll never come back to SARS office again in Jesus name!” And that is what exactly happened. Eze, who had been standing trial over alleged robbery and Tuesday kidnapping died in Maximum Prison last week.

He wouldn’t be going anywhere again. A source said: “He died of diabetes. His family is alleging poor medical treatment.

He died within three days after he took ill. The family went to prison, demanding to take his corpse for burial, but the prisons authorities refused. They said it belonged to government.

Before he died, he said that he regretted his action and that God should forgive him and his gang members who were still at large.

“He said his gang members should stop crime because it doesn’t pay.

He said everything he had, he had lost. He said that even if he came out from prison, he would be coming out with nothing. Then he died.”

According to the source, Eze’s trial had been going on at the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos.

In his last last appearance in court, Eze and one of his victims were said to have enacted a mild drama in the court. Eze had denied defrauding the victim and the victim, angry, laid a curse on him.

“The victim said let me see if you would use your legs to walk back to this court on the next hearing date if you didn’t defraud me,” said a source. It was also gathered that Eze changed lawyers at will, claiming that he could defend himself in court.

One of the lawyers he changed is Mr Deji Rowland. Recalling his encounter with Eze, Rowland said: “What happened was that he briefed us; we gave him our bill. He paid part of the bill. We didn’t know he had other cases in court.”

He said later Eze briefed them on his other cases and even though they were not conversant with them, they tried do their best. Rowland said they represented him, even though he didn’t pay for those cases.

Rowland said: “At a time, he just stood up and said he was capable of representing himself. He said it in the open court. I was even signaling to him to be mindful of what he was saying.

The judge said that if the defendant had disengaged us and could represent him, then that what should we do? We backed out; we pursued the first case until it got to Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP). The DPP advice came; he had a case to answer in other matters.

That was how he started sending threat messages to me; he said that I should refund the money he paid us.”

According to the Nigerian Prisons Service spokesman, Francis Enobore, Eze died last week. He said: “He took ill and was taken to the prison’s hospital. When they discovered his situation was getting serious, they moved him to Naval Hospital in Ojo.

We maintain a very good working relationship with government hospitals. Whenever we discover an inmate is ill and our medical facility can’t cope, we move such inmates.

It was at the naval hospital that he gave up. The doctor there diagnosed diabetes mellitus type 2 and renal failure. These are serious ailments.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/06/suspected-fraudster-arinze-died-seeking-forgiveness/

lalasticlala
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by decatalyst(m): 10:40am On Jun 16, 2017
I don't wish this kind of death for EVANS.

He should be hale and hearty to do the term.

4 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by bignwa(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by obajoey(m): 10:56am On Jun 16, 2017
all these kidnapper's news ehen, na their season be this ni shocked
I and my house will not be victim oo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by tclever: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2017
what about postinor, 1
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by SimSify(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2017
what then is the profit

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by colossus91(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2017
e be like na only kyari dey police nowadays oo!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by Paulscholari(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2017
Too bad
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by dfrost: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Do not kill Evans in a hurry angry

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 16, 2017
decatalyst:
I don't wish this kind of death for EVANS.

He should be hail and hearty to do the term.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by dfrost: 11:00am On Jun 16, 2017
colossus91:
e be like na only kyari dey police nowadays oo!!

As in right now I feel like joining the police and become a member of his squad. Damn!!! He's good, but brother needs to watch his back.

9 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by DollarAngel(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2017
Nigeria is a Mess

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by Partnerbiz3: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2017
Okay ooo

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by femimailbox(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2017
Ha!
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by Buharimustgo: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2017
There is no need jailing them,they should be wasted Asap,what will Evans say in court,that he never kidnapped someone?

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by obembet(f): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2017
otu17:
Nigeria is in deep mess

In deed...

Read this statement.....

After his arrest by SARS, before he was charged to court, he claimed that he paid EFCC and prison warders N10 million each, to snatch him on the way to the Igbosere court.

Before he died, he said that he regretted his action and that God should forgive him and his gang members who were still at large.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by dfrost: 11:03am On Jun 16, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:

Jack it's true nah. Death sometimes is an easy way to escape pain. He needs to do the time after all he has done the crime.
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by fwesharumi(m): 11:03am On Jun 16, 2017
Eiya Evans the cat with one life
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by StFrank2(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
Story for the gods
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
How much did nwobodo "stole"?

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by Pavore9: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
'The suspect goes about in a tinted car, fitted with a radio base, where police radio messages are intercepted. The car also has siren which blared whenever Eze was on the move'.....This guy was a first class kingpin!

5 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by augustus175(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
Rip to the dead! Crime doesn't pay! Life hard shaa!
I'm confused sef!!

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by phorget(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2017
Most people we always thought to be respectable are not afterward.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by helphelp: 11:07am On Jun 16, 2017
Na WA ooo
Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2017
i could remember this man, when he was arrested. How can some people defraud others and yet happy, send their kids to expensive schools, buy cars for wives and girlfriends, and still sleep at night?

4 Likes

Re: Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic by lekhi: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2017
Now the motive is becoming clearer I think this is about kyari not the crime itself who is thinking what am thinking.kyari next ****

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother Killed While Separating Her Sons Who Were Fighting In Abuja / Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.