Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less (60621 Views)

How To Get Your Tinted Permit And Renew Your Vehicle Documents Fast In Lagos / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2018
mabeni:
[Make 2 copies of your current driver's licence
what happens if the current drivers license is misplaced?

If it hasn't expired, you can start the process for a "Lost/stolen Licence" here... https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/reissue
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by mabeni(m): 11:10am On May 19, 2018
msanda:

If it hasn't expired, you can start the process for a "Lost/stolen Licence" here... https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/reissue
I have clear photo copies of it. Do I still need need applying for lost /reissuing?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by henrolevra: 12:37pm On May 19, 2018
henrolevra:
I am only seeing detailed explanation for DL renewal. Please i need the procedure for new application and the total cost.

WHAT OF NEW APPLICATION
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 8:54pm On May 19, 2018
I had a new experience. I did everything online. Paid online. But I chose no capture. On getting to FRSC bayelsa, they said it was pointless coming to them since I chose no data capture. They said the printed forms will serve as my temporary licence and my renewed licence will come directly to them. They would send me sms. I was stopped both by FRSC and police at different check points. Presented the paper and it was accepted. So in essence it was only the 10, 350 which is the normal fee for 5yrs, I paid. No vio, no capture. No passport, nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 7:00am On May 20, 2018
chukel:
I had a new experience. I did everything online. Paid online. But I chose no capture. On getting to FRSC bayelsa, they said it was pointless coming to them since I chose no data capture. They said the printed forms will serve as my temporary licence and my renewed licence will come directly to them. They would send me sms. I was stopped both by FRSC and police at different check points. Presented the paper and it was accepted. So in essence it was only the 10, 350 which is the normal fee for 5yrs, I paid. No vio, no capture. No passport, nothing.

Looks like the process is getting easier
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2018
henrolevra:

WHAT OF NEW APPLICATION

I don't know the process for a totally new licence (I've had mine for over a decade) but you can always start at the site FAQ

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/pages/faq
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by henrolevra: 11:26pm On May 21, 2018
msanda:

I don't know the process for a totally new licence (I've had mine for over a decade) but you can always start at the site FAQ

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/pages/faq

Really need help for new DL application. I have gotten my driving school test certificate. On validating it, they still require learners permit.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by henrolevra: 11:33pm On May 21, 2018
[quote author=msanda post=57575883]The following details the steps required to renew your driver's licence in Lagos, Nigeria. This is based on my recent experience. I'll try to be as detailed as possible but let me know if you have any questions.

The process can be split into 3 stages: Pre-application, Online Application, and DLC process. The whole thing can be done in a day.

PRE-APPLICATION:
My driver's licence was soon to expire and I started to experience the typical anxiety most people feel when they need to go through a process involving Nigerian government agencies. A number of questions needed answering so I got on Google ASAP.

QUESTION 1: Can I start the process online?
Answer: This was easy. The website http://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org shows up as soon as you type in "driver's licence" on Google.

QUESTION 2: Should I start the process now or should I wait for the licence to expire first? In other

CAN ONE APPLY ONLINE FOR NEW DL APPLICATION
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Jamebiz: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
soho2911:
Thanks a lot bro...heading there tomorrow...!

Please kindly clarify to me , do i need to pay another #2,300 to VIO after payment of 6,350 for 3 years renewal.
A VIO agent requested for 2,300
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=henrolevra post=67763599][/quote]

You can start the processing of your driver's license renewal hence you have less than 30days to expiration date.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
mabeni:
I have clear photo copies of it. Do I still need need applying for lost /reissuing?

You don't need to apply for a re issue since you have a clear copy of the lost license. You can drive with the copy till it expires then you can apply for a renewal.

Requirement for dl renewal is your license no and date of birth.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Heleex: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2018
chukel:

Did you have to submit your online printed copy to FRSC office or was there any payment made or other documentation you processed at FRSC officee?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
Heleex:

Did you have to submit your online printed copy to FRSC office or was there any payment made or other documentation you processed at FRSC officee?
went with the printed copy. They said no need. Since I selected no capture, I had no business with them. Asked me to be patient, they will send me sms as soon as they receive my licence.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2018
chukel:
yesterday, the 5th of July, I got a message from FRSC to come collect my licence with evidence of tax payment. I must say it's exactly 2 months from the date I applied. So from my experience, apply online for renewal, choose no capture. Print the acknowledgement form, use it till you are told to come collect ur licence. No need to go to their office for anything other than collecting the licence when ready.

2 Likes

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
Please, I tried to commence the renewal application, when I keyed in my licence number and DOB, it came back with the message "Expiry Date is more than 30 days" My licence expired on 1st July. What could be the issue?

CC:chukel, msanda

BTW, does a reissue postpone the lifespan of your licence?
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
tolusan:
Please, I tried to commence the renewal application, when I keyed in my licence number and DOB, it came back with the message "Expiry Date is more than 30 days" My licence expired on 1st July. What could be the issue?

CC:chukel, msanda

BTW, does a reissue postpone the lifespan of your licence?
either the expiry year isn't 2018 or you renewed it recently or someone did it for you. Go to licence tracking and enter ur licence number and DOB and see what comes out. To your 2nd question, answer is no.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 1:59am On Jul 07, 2018
chukel:
yesterday, the 5th of July, I got a message from FRSC to come collect my licence with evidence of tax payment. I must say it's exactly 2 months from the date I applied. So from my experience, apply online for renewal, choose no capture. Print the acknowledgement form, use it till you are told to come collect ur licence. No need to go to their office for anything other than collecting the licence when ready.

Excellent! My exact same experience last year. Hope more people can testify to the same.

Now for the international passport renewal process to become just as seamless.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Explorers(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2018
chukel:
either the expiry year isn't 2018 or you renewed it recently or someone did it for you. Go to licence tracking and enter ur licence number and DOB and see what comes out. To your 2nd question, answer is no.

Trying to renew mine now, got it 2014 and expired last year October.

How can i change my next of kin on my information page?

Thanks.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 10:42am On Jul 14, 2018
Explorers:

Trying to renew mine now, got it 2014 and expired last year October.

How can i change my next of kin on my information page?

Thanks.
you can edit it. Once the page comes up, you can edit the info.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Explorers(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2018
chukel:
you can edit it. Once the page comes up, you can edit the info.

Tried but not working.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by chukel(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2018
Explorers:

Tried but not working.
sorry. Don't know how else you can go about it.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Explorers(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2018
chukel:
sorry. Don't know how else you can go about it.

Thanks.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2018
I don't even have one.
I didn't go to any driving school but learnt how to drive on my own.
How can i get one, how long does it take to get and how much does it cost?
Please, your replies is helpful
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by santiagoz(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Anybody in Abuja that will help me obtain a driver's license. Am a first timer, urgent please
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Bejewelled: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
I used the information on the original post to renew my expired Driver's License in Lagos. It was indeed very helpful, as I had all my copies and passport photographs ready.
I paid N10,450, on the FRSC portal, for a 5-year validity.
Like the OP, I was confused as to which of the Eti-Osa FRSC offices was closest to Lekki and after unsuccessfully searching on the internet for the right address, I chose Eti Osa 2.

On Friday, I went to the FRSC closest to me on Km 15 Lekki-Epe Expressway and was informed that that office was Eti-Osa 3 and didn't handle drivers license renewals.
I was told that Eti-Osa 2 was covered by the FRSC office in Victoria Island, so I drove there.

On getting there, I was told that that office is actually Iru-VI and that Eti-Osa 1 and 2 were covered by the FRSC office on Simpson Street, Lagos Island.
It was too late to go there, so I set out for that office yesterday. I used Google maps and it wasn't difficult locating the office.

I was asked to go to a room for payment verification. The lady there asked me to pay N500 for that service. After money changed hands, I asked for my receipt and she quickly tucked the note into a drawer and told me that there was no receipt. That meant that money was hers.

The next step was the VIO office where I was informed of a Lagos State Government-imposed charge of N2,200 for Driver's License renewal. They had notices posted everywhere, to that effect and gave me some fliers too, to prove the legitimacy of that claim.

Their POS accepts only cards issued by Mastercard or Verified by Visa. I had only Visa cards, so one of the officers accepted a cash transfer into his account of the sum and he paid for me with his own card.

I had a written test, comprising of 10 questions, before answering a few oral questions and having an eye test.

I would have gone to the capture room, after that, but they had issues getting approvals for temporary licenses, at the time, so I was rescheduled for biometrics this morning.

Today, I spent less than 30 mins at the FRSC office, before I received my temporary license. I was informed that I should come pick up the permanent one in exactly 60 days, even if I do not get a sms from the FRSC.

Besides the confusion as to which office to go to, being made to part with N500 and the government charge, it was a seamless procedure.

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by IBAG(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
i just checked this out and i think you should too..... www.ridewithmeng.com

Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by soho2911(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2018
HI All,
Update...finally got mine yday...so May till July ...they sed it actually was ready by June though....Quite smooth...took me 2 mins.

Any one Planning should consider using ikeja_1 they seem very efficient ...and there was low turn out every time i went there .
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by J0nyb0y(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
So I followed the OP's steps and other comments, I registered for renewal and paid online.. Printed out the acknowledgement slip and went to their office today... The woman I met didn't even bother to confirm anything, she just stamped and signed it. She said I would pay 500# I asked what for she said for confirmation, when she saw they I frowned, she just said if I don't have it, I can go... Naso I just say thank you and left.. At the frsc section, I paid 2400# (said it was mandatory, was given receipt of 2200 tho) after which I was given a test and asked some basic questions.. Was told to go to the next room for capturing, told them I selected no during reg, they just stamped my slip with an extension date of Nov 30, that's 2 months and a few days from now.

Tho the woman was like I should have selected yes for recapturing that it doesn't take time... And I would have been give a temporary license but since I did not, my slip would serve as my license for now.
The whole process didn't take 30mins...
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by Olatoman(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
So I have been with that paper slip since January but each time I text the short code, it's not yet available for Pick up.
Will just keep on driving with the paper even though it expired in June.
Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by msanda(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2018
Olatoman:
So I have been with that paper slip since January but each time I text the short code, it's not yet available for Pick up.
Will just keep on driving with the paper even though it expired in June.

You are fine. The slip and a copy of the old one will serve any traffic official till you get notified that the new one is ready.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Does This Truck Have So Many Tires? (Photo) / Ship your car(s) or Goods From Abroad Via Cotonou Port To Nigeria Plus Advice. / Keke That Looks Like A Helicopter In Warri (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.