Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo (11456 Views)

Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
I suppose they'll choose when they get there.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by ehikwe22: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
Zoolezoo:

First there is no definite PROOF that Oduduwa was an Edo prince, that you are quoting the Benin side of the story doesn't make it true, since that is Benin's version.
2 - You as an Ika can enter Biafra with your Ika communities, but don't be acting like you are now a spokesperson for Benin people.

The fact that Benin People are vehemently against the breaking up of Nigeria because they know that if that happens, they will have to go with Oduduwa. When a referendum for independence occurs to chose between Oodua and Biafra, you honestly think Omorogbe from Benin, Balogun family from Ibillo, Bello from Auchi, and Adesua from Siluko will chose Biafra? grin
Kwantinuu.
tell an Edo man to be part of your Odua republic and he will remind you about what led to the creation of Midwest. It's almost like a rehearsed answer because that's what most of them say. It's not an option to them. Don't fool yourself.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by aniomafirstson: 1:46am On Jun 23, 2017
ehikwe22:
tell an Edo man to be part of your Odua republic and he will remind you about what led to the creation of Midwest. It's almost like a rehearsed answer because that's what most of them say. It's not an option to them. Don't fool yourself.
Lol I concur

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Zoolezoo(m): 1:11am On Jun 28, 2017
ehikwe22:

So, that is why they will be part of Biafra?
You are funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nonaira1: 5:20am On Jun 28, 2017
As an anioma, I can tell you this I'll NEVER join yoruba.

For me, I'll choose biafra.

If somehow biafra does not want my people (which I highly doubt will happen), ND republic is my second choice.

If that's not feasible then Anioma republic.

Yoruba is not a choice for me whatsoever. I don't even think there's any tribe in Delta that'll choose yoruba but hey I can't speak for others, just basing on what I known while growing up in the state.

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by ehikwe22: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2017
Zoolezoo:

So, that is why they will be part of Biafra?
You are funny.
The possibility of that ever happening is slim. But being with Odua republic is slimmer

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by osazuwa23: 9:06am On May 11, 2020
I no this thread is three years old but as an edo bini person i wouldnt want to join either yoruba are igbo one i dont want to be associated with any of there sterotypes that are associated with there name of a country and as a people in gneral. edo state needs to be it own state and country we have are own flag and other languages as well but hopefull the other tribes within the state south south and south east dont betray each other over who owns the land because if that happen this whole civil war will be extremey deadly then 1967-70 between south south and south east remeber there a igbo speaking in edo called agbanke so if edo tryies to push them out biafrians in the east might atatck edo for that land and vise versus
Zoolezoo:

So you are the Insider that is going to carry Edo into Biafra? lol What is wrong with some of you people? How will Edo fit into the giant Jigsaw puzzle that is Biafra, with their history, almost Godly reverence for their Oba and all that stuff?

Do you know there are Yoruba communities in Ovia North East and Ovia South West? and some other places that speak a Yoruba-Edo mixture?
How about Akoko Edo, Owan, Auchi and all those places?
Edos fit in Oduduwa 80% and nowhere else, even the Edos know it, unless they just want to do small shakara for the Yorubas, like a girl playing hard to get.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 1:58pm On May 13, 2020
AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Osazuwa23

I think edo and delta should be a country no more no less

At the end of the day edo wont be fragmented as the igbos and yorubas think, the Igbanke, akoko edo will enjoy a bigger chance and a bigger voice remaining in Midwestern country than when they are included to the different big tribes were thier vioce will be stumbled on

I assure both oduduwa republic and Biafra republic that edo and delta wont be fragmented at the end of the day since the oba had once ruled over them in the past and they all share one or two cultural similarities within the ediod culture they will always ways feel at home with Midwestern country and we all we be great again

Even when british gave scotland independence few years ago they rejected it and still prefer to remain in uk...... This are die minute choice that changes everything so dont be fooled

There is no ika with no ediod
There is no urhobo with no ediod
There is no akoko edo with no ediod
There is no ukwani with no ediod

Oba kha to kpere...... Ise

We say yes to the Midwest country on behalf of all our brothers who share one or two cultural similarities within the ediod culture
Remeber through the help of oba eweka who fought for the actualization of midwest region to be created regardless of who was delta igbo, or akoko edo, or urhobo, lets not be surprised even some yoruba people in ekiti amd ondo will decide to join Midwestern country
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 4:12pm On May 13, 2020
gregyboy:
AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Osazuwa23

At the end of the day edo wont be fragmented as the igbos and yorubas think, the Igbanke, akoko edo will enjoy a bigger chance and a bigger voice remaining in Midwestern country than when they are included to the different big tribes were thier vioce will be stumbled on

I assure both oduduwa republic and Biafra republic that edo and delta wont be fragmented at the end of the day since the oba had once ruled over them in the past and they all share one or two cultural similarities within the ediod culture they will always ways feel at home with Midwestern country and we all we be great again

Even when british gave scotland independence few years ago they rejected it and still prefer to remain in uk...... This are die minute choice that changes everything so dont be fooled

We say yes to the Midwest country on behalf of all our brothers who share one or two cultural similarities within the ediod culture
Remeber through the help of oba eweka who fought for the actualization of midwest region to be created regardless of who was delta igbo, or akoko edo, or urhobo, lets not be surprised even some yoruba people in ekiti amd ondo will decide to join Midwestern country

Very true, same I thing I have been campaigning for cheesy

Oba gha tokpere
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 4:47pm On May 13, 2020
osazuwa23:
I no this thread is three years old but as an edo bini person i wouldnt want to join either yoruba are igbo one i dont want to be associated with any of there sterotypes that are associated with there name of a country and as a people in gneral. edo state needs to be it own state and country we have are own flag and other languages as well but hopefull the other tribes within the state south south and south east dont betray each other over who owns the land because if that happen this whole civil war will be extremey deadly then 1967-70 between south south and south east remeber there a igbo speaking in edo called agbanke so if edo tryies to push them out biafrians in the east might atatck edo for that land and vise versus

Fear not for no one has the monopoly of violence. If they dare to war with us, believe me we will remind them our forefathers fought with people larger than us and yet won. So we don't fight with numbers but with strategy and tech. Peace

gregyboy
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Sarah20A(f): 5:02pm On May 13, 2020
gregyboy:
AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Osazuwa23

yes you're right...more awareness should be created
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by YungMillionaire: 5:44pm On May 13, 2020
macof:
itsekiri would be inclined to join Yoruba or if at sight, a Niger delta Republic. I personally would love a Yoruba nation with the itsekiri .Akoko-edo, owan, etsako areas are certain to join Yoruba

IF the choice is between Oduduwa and Biafra who will the Itshekiris choose? We will chose Oduduwa 100% - we are the closest non-Yoruba tribes to Yorubas. People who don't understand this basic reality are the ones drawing stupid maps on the internet. However, the choice is not likely to be between just these two - there will be a 3rd choice of Niger Delta Republic (NDR). And because of our familiarity with the Niger Delta region, this will be our 1st choice. There is no scenario were we join Biafra - even if the Biafra includes all the other Niger Delta tribes. If this happens, we will gladly go with our Yoruba brothers - they know us, we know them - no shaking.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by YungMillionaire: 5:55pm On May 13, 2020
Cire80:
Oduduwa is an Edo prince and most of the relationship you people have with Edo is from Oduduwa and subsequent interactions. That doesn't mean they would want to be in a country with you. Edos want their country but anything short of that will be Biafra.

Edo join Biafra LOL Brother wey no sabi basic reality.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 6:25pm On May 13, 2020
osazuwa23:
I would be very cautious with joining any new entity with too many tribes. Blacks have too many problems when it comes to unity.

If at all possible Edo should not joining Niger Delta Republic even. Unless oil and gas have become irrelevant and not main income source anymore. Otherwise Ijaw against everyone else will be a recurring problem. Biafra and Oduduwa are of course totally out of the question.

If Midwest is not feasible, Edo should go it alone. With other tribes within Edo given the choice who they want to go with.

I prefer a small homogeneous country than a smaller version of divided and infighting old Nigeria.

I would prefer Luxembourg, Ireland, Cyprus, Malta, Slovakia or Slovenia to a big paralysed country.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 13, 2020
gregyboy:
AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Osazuwa23

LMAO

Dream of tiny space. Better dissolve what is remaining of Edo into Yoruba or oodua.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 13, 2020
valirex:

Very true, same I thing I have been campaigning for cheesy
Oba gha tokpere
Dreamers
Lol
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

LMAO

Dream of tiny space. Better dissolve what is remaining of Edo into Yoruba or oodua.

my igbo man stop dreaming not everything we plan or think actually goes the way we think....

You should be concerned on getting all eastern ibos to join Biafra and not longing afar from what you may not get

Tiny edo is what is still giving you all headaches see how igbos and yorubas are fighting on who edo will join....

Aint we just too good that the two big foolish tribes want us by thier side

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 13, 2020
gregyboy:

my igbo man stop dreaming not everything we plan or think actually goes the way we think....

You should be concerned on getting all eastern ibos to join Biafra and not longing afar from what you may not get

Tiny edo is what is still giving you all headaches see how igbos and yorubas are fighting on who edo will join....

Aint we just too good that the two big foolish tribes want us by thier side

Igbos had never fought for Edo to join them. That's an anathema. We all know where edi belongs. So we can't be dragging what rightfully belongs to Yorubas..

Historical there is no Edo and Igbo correlation.
Historical there is overwhelming Edo and Yoruba Historical ties.

We sit at the comfort of our zones and recognize only those who speak Igbo, answer Igbo and understand Igbo...

Edo doesn't fit here in anyway. So they are Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 9:07pm On May 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Igbos had never fought for Edo to join them. That's an anathema. We all know where edi belongs. So we can't be dragging what rightfully belongs to Yorubas..

We sit at the comfort of our zones and recognize only those who speak Igbo, answer Igbo and understand Igbo...

Yea we share similarities that's because we once oppressed thier ancestors and install our kings on them but we dont want to do that dirty job anymore so we would rather stay on our own we can pick from both igbos and yorubas to join our Midwestern region, places like anambra, ondo, ekiti grin

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 9:56pm On May 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

LMAO

Landlocked Biafra is still talking cheesy, you people are so self centered. You're fighting for your freedom and don't want others to fight for theirs.Am trying to be calm with you and see if you will understand. Let's join hands and destroy this zoo. With or without any regions help we will succeed. If you blv your Biafra will come we too blv our nation will come too. I believe you're learned and can make a research and see smaller nations than Edo surviving.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 3:01am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

So why Igbo invade Midwest and declared Republic of Benin? It wasn't just to get to Lagos. It was to get Midwest on its side. And later merged it with Biafra in the very unlikely event that they won the war. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 3:28am On May 14, 2020
mattywealth:
I am from Edo state.

But with the way Nigeria is going now, even on nairaland, you will keep hearing words like biafra, Arewa and so on.

I am befuddled and much concerned about Delta and Edo state , formally known as the Bendel. I don't know what might be the faith of these two state.

I don't know if they would rather take after Igbo in the event that we choose or they will join the yoruba.

Because, despite the fact that Some set of people are agitating that we seperate, And considering the fact that we will just partition into three country and nothing more.
When Nigeria breaks, it won't be into three. It will be from 5 to 10 countries. The following 5 are certain.

Niger Delta
Middle Belt/Benjos
Biafra
Arewa
Oodua.

But these can easily be more.

Midwest/Bendel is possible.
Middle Belt may even split into two.

Bendel's exit framework from Western Region is intact. Leaving Western Region as early as 1963 shows the early awareness of our incompatibility.

That kind of 10 to 15 million population range country is better for development. Edo has fertile land. Edo & Delta are one and two in plantain production in Nigeria. Ahead of Ondo. Oil palm, rice, maize, and so on blossom. Edo has some oil, Delta even far more.

After Biafra invaded Neutral Midwest, trust went through the window.

Yes they mention Arewa, Biafra & Oodua only. Actually, the hubris and condescending attitude of these group have created much more awareness in the SS & Midwest. A very good thing than if they were diplomatic about. That awareness is why you created this thread.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 6:17am On May 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

So why Igbo invade Midwest and declared Republic of Benin? It wasn't just to get to Lagos. It was to get Midwest on its side. And later merged it with Biafra in the very unlikely event that they won the war. cheesy grin grin grin

Make up.

merged ke?

Abeg talk another thing..

To an igbo man, the Midwest he knows is the igboid axis.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 6:23am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Make up.

merged ke?

You did not answer why they didn't stop at Anioma and went on to declare Republic of Benin with Biafra officer Okonkwo as head. They had to first conceal the true aim.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 6:24am On May 14, 2020
valirex:

Landlocked Biafra is still talking cheesy, you people are so self centered. You're fighting for your freedom and don't want others to fight for theirs.Am trying to be calm with you and see if you will understand. Let's join hands and destroy this zoo. With or without any regions help we will succeed. If you blv your Biafra will come we too blv our nation will come too. I believe you're learned and can make a research and see smaller nations than Edo surviving.

landlocked is an old fairy tale.

The issue is that Yorubas sees Edo as part and parcel of them and that is due to striking similarities. Nobody is denying u freedom but as been knot and said that Edo is a branch of Yoruba race. According to Ooni, Edo is an expansive part of Yoruba.

More reason anyone that comes across Edo will agree without doubt that they are part and parcel of future oodua republic.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 6:30am On May 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

You did not answer why they didn't stop at Anioma and went on to declare Republic of Benin with Biafra officer Okonkwo as head. They had to first conceal the true aim.

True aim indeed...

Nobody even today will come out to claim Benin s Yoruba land as part of them. I have never read that or even hear that.

The agitation of even today doesn't near Benin, so all these make up analysis are utterly useless and devilish.

Igbos are Republicans and today everyone knows Edo are part of west due to historical ties.

We can't claim another people's kingdom Biko..
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 6:50am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

landlocked is an old fairy tale.

The issue is that Yorubas sees Edo as part and parcel of them and that is due to striking similarities. Nobody is denying u freedom but as been knot and said that Edo is a branch of Yoruba race. According to Ooni, Edo is an expansive part of Yoruba.

More reason anyone that comes across Edo will agree without doubt that they are part and parcel of future oodua republic.

No we won't agree on that, our languages are different, and even if they are the same everyone is free to decide their freedom. It's time we stop the anger of the past and think about the future how we will leave this zoo and not try to draw another brother down. Vive Le Revolution

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 7:07am On May 14, 2020
valirex:

No we won't agree on that, our languages are different, and even if they are the same everyone is free to decide their freedom. It's time we stop the anger of the past and think about the future how we will leave this zoo and not try to draw another brother down. Vive Le Revolution

I can't pull you down. I want you to be free and free.

But I hate people that are two faced or not stable to their agitation.

They change with tune.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 7:29am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I can't pull you down. I want you to be free and free.

But I hate people that are two faced or not stable to their agitation.

They change with tune.

We are not two faced bro, we are a minority there isn't much we can do. I would love for you to check my new topic and see what am talking about
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 8:37am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Make up.

merged ke?

Do you know why i find you two big tribe funny
Yoruba and igbo, because benin is a minor tribe you guys easily undermine us,
Even in hundreds of ethnic group in nigeria edo people are still the number one minority which are very outspoken in nigeria and we also fought for midwest actualization

You guys choosed stop undermining edo even if we join any of this fraction i bet politically any fraction we join we will still be outspoken in that republic politically
We just want our sane clime and our culture intact not even because we are actually afraid of marginalization on political ground
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 14, 2020
We'll never join oduduwa or Biafra republics. We'll definitely form a country with any edoid groups that is interested.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Do you know why i find you two big tribe funny
Yoruba and igbo, because benin is a minor tribe you guys easily undermine us,
Even in hundreds of ethnic group in nigeria edo people are still the number one minority which are very outspoken in nigeria and we also fought for midwest actualization

You guys choosed stop undermining edo even if we join any of this fraction i bet politically any fraction we join we will still be outspoken in that republic politically
We just want our sane clime and our culture intact not even because we are actually afraid of marginalization on political ground
well I blame our forefathers because these people would have been speaking Benin language if they forced it on them.

Things will surely get better, let the big tribes kill themselves we'll rise from the ashes.

Boko Haram is busy killing their people up north.

Igbos have already lost million of people in Biafra War and they are still fighting with hausa till date.

Yorubas is the only big tribe with sense , they took Monopoly of seaport and international airport and all the taxes.

We benins just need to keep calm and see how they eat theirselves out

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Dialects / Igbo People Characteristics / Aju Festival Of Ugbo People. (IWA AKWA).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.