Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos (7881 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / What Is Nipss/kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Yusufi(m): 12:17am On Jan 24, 2010
For those who consider earlier articles & editorials of planned cleansing of the Hausa/Fulani tribe in Jos to be mere speculation, they are in for a shocker. Copy and paste link on browser or click on link below.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/01/201012333947758520.html

For now, it is yet to assume a religious dimension but failure on the part of govt to bring the perpetuarors to book would lead to a serious escalation of the crisis to be felt across northern Nigeria. it is time for action on the part of govt & prayers on the part of the ordinary citizens.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by WilyWily7: 1:03am On Jan 24, 2010
Nonsense
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Enjoyment1(f): 2:48am On Jan 24, 2010
and the government will not do anything, yet another will happen some day again.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Gayigaskia(m): 2:52am On Jan 24, 2010
So in fact the northerners/Muslim's are not the instigators as people on NL make it look like. However i condemned violence either it came from the north or the south, from the Christians or the Muslims.
By the way isn't Kuru where Ribadu was sent at NIPPS for his courses and later  prevented from graduating.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by strangleyo: 3:03am On Jan 24, 2010
This is a tragedy.

People don't deserve to die like this, Christians nor Muslims.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by saintneo(m): 3:08am On Jan 24, 2010
Wily*Wily:

Nonsense
angry angry
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Mekusxyz: 3:50am On Jan 24, 2010
Gayigaskia:

So in fact the northerners/Muslim's are not the instigators as people on NL make it look like. However i condemned violence either it came from the north or the south, from the Christians or the Muslims.
By the way isn't Kuru where Ribadu was sent at NIPPS for his courses and later prevented from graduating.

Is Jos now in the south? Northerners, be they christians or muslims, are the cause of their incessant fights. BTW, ALjeezera is an islamic network and we expect that they will support their own. Wait untill CNN talks. Hahahah!
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 24, 2010
this is madness and generational hatreds.

I'm sure this warfare preceded Christianity and Islam in the area.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2010
These murders though unfortunate were carried out on tuesday night by aggrieved christians who lost loved ones to the attacks launched on them on sunday morning. The OIC and It's cheap instruments did not bother to go and show the churches initially burnt and University of jos students killed that brought about the violence in the first place.
If an attack is launched in kano on christians this morning while in church and ibos are killed i can assure you the amount of hausa deaths in aba will be triple this one mekuxs.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by adamabdul: 8:16am On Jan 24, 2010
Some people"like the above poster" don't know anything i repeat "anything".They only write whateva their hand touches on their keyboard.FO.OLS!
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Ikengawo: 8:24am On Jan 24, 2010
on 1 side it's sad ppl are dying, on another this will be a deterrent for muslims that want to keep attacking igbo ppl for no legitimate reason because we'll show them hell fire
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 8:38am On Jan 24, 2010
What is it that I've said that is untrue adamabdul, that muslims attacked christians in church exactly a week ago or that the kuru retaliations were not on tuesday night ? Is it that Aljazeera(which we have on our TV bouquet and i watch) is owned by OIC members or that poor Uni Jos undergraduates were killed ? The US was critical of Aljazeera and so help set up the more moderate Alarabiya news channel. All this information is available for free, but i guess so is primary school education that some people are rejecting.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by adamabdul: 8:49am On Jan 24, 2010
Now i know i was ryt about you.WAWA,JAKI
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2010
@adamabdul please Let's help end the religious violence, nepotism, culture of almajiri and encourage people to go to school and respect peoples freedoms and rights like:
* freedom of religion
* Right to an education(real education o ! Not madarasatul)
* childrens rights , a child should not grow on the street begging cos his father wants to keep marrying and procreating though he can't afford it.
* freedom of expression, i should be able to receive criticism without reaching for my suya knife. . . . could you add more ?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by kkkossy(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2010
I jst read dat residents of abuja(mostly christians) are getting tensed up coupled wit the aftermath of the spontaneous genocide in kuku village, jos. Hope this animosity won't spread 2 other northern states.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by superboi(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2010
The kuru incindent is very pathetic and it a result of the fact that people have finally lost hope in the system and are handing out their own justice.and yusufi al jazera is pro arab trash. We may not know it but the ruler of naija have finally taken her to the edge.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2010
Yusufi:

For those who consider earlier articles & editorials of planned cleansing of the Hausa/Fulani tribe in Jos to be mere speculation, they are in for a shocker. Copy and paste link on browser or click on link below.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/01/201012333947758520.html

For now, it is yet to assume a religious dimension but f[b]ailure on the part of govt to bring the perpetuarors to book would lead to a serious escalation of the crisis to be felt across northern Nigeria.[/b] it is time for action on the part of govt & prayers on the part of the ordinary citizens.

The bolded part above is bullshit. How many people have been brought to book for the continous genocide on Ndigbo in Northern Nigeria since 1966?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
simple a tast of their own medicine, all the Ndigbo the north have been killing all the while, it is time for an eye for an eye.

i wish they killed the first wife too.

Nonsense. let them bring all the northern leaders that instigates the youths against christians then the truth would be told
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by revolt(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2010
Genocide is bad. But i think this is nemesis. The fulanis have bin killn people for fun so what's happening now is what their fathers have been committin right from when this contraption became independent. I'm sorry but my hatred for these peeps just keeps increasing even when they're not at fault. First impression matters. More massacres still coming. We're looking at a very interesting 2010
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
Yusufi there is no need using doctored one sided news from Al-Jazeera to stoke up anger.

we all know the reputation of Al-Jazeera as far Arabs and Muslims news goes.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by MrCrackles(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2010
strangleyo:

This is a tragedy.

People don't deserve to die like this, Christians nor Muslims.
Peach. . . .
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Cyberfreak(f): 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2010
The people critisizing Al jazeera and saying they are biased towards muslims should just stop watching news channels altogether, from CNN, BBC, Sky, etc. Since they believe that they can label a news station as biased because of its name.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by hillsate: 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2010
Dear Nigerians,
In as much as i do not support the killings of fellow humans, i wish to bring to your attention that this is the confirmation of the statement " NO ONE OR RELIGION HAS THE MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE!
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Cyberfreak(f): 5:40pm On Jan 24, 2010
For pete's sake. So christians have decided to throw away their tenets and also be oppresive?
Whopee.
Now who is left to condemn unjust violence?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by ymozay: 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2010
If Aljazeera is bais , checkout what BBC is reporting, or is BBC also owned by OIC?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2010
I have watched BBC's own report and it was by far more balanced emphasizing that both groups had been involved in killings. What were you expecting ? That the christians would count how many of them were killed on sunday and monday and retaliate proportionately ?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Cyberfreak(f): 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2010
Didn't Christ say turn the other cheek?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2010
Christ says when a another "person/human" slaps you turn your cheek.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Cyberfreak(f): 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2010
So the interpretation of the verse is supposed to be literal?
I take it that it means there is no where in the Bible where Christ spoke against violence. . . .
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2010
Christ spoke against violence to fellow "human beings". Define a human being for me by 2010 standards.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Cyberfreak(f): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2010
Hehe.
So that is the justification, eh? That the muslims who the violence is directed to are not human beings.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by mamagee3(f): 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2010
Why is Violence taking over the whole place in Nigeria? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? / We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG / Networth Of Nnamdi Kanu Before And After Agitation For Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.