Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself (72262 Views)

How Do I Get My Transcript From OAU / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by reuben79: 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
but oau may delay ur time....but dey ar always d best ,always producing best product for socienty......is nt my school anyway,but i like d skul die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by twosquare(m): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
I think felictorx is right to some extent. For Postgraduate students, OAU should be the last option. It is a No-No. Though they have sound lecturers but consider these turn-offs:

1) Your thesis won't add any point to your grade...it is just done like that, unlike other universities where it like 6 unit course. So, to attain your Ph.D. grade is totally based on coursework---such system is poor.

2) Lack of Ph.D. grade (60) means you will have to do Mphil...and OAU MPhil is close to 2 years (who have time to waste a whole two years. Why is it a waste? See the third point)

3) MPhil is not convertible to Ph.D., unlike U.I where there is MPhil/Ph.D. (After your MPhil, you will apply for Ph.D. afresh.

4) A lot of 'Bureaucracy' and red tapes...That's where you see Form A, E, F, Abstract, K, and the likes, each having its useless and unnecessary time-wasting procedures

5) Form A, for instance, will have to go to the department (you correct mistakes after it is returned to you), leave for the department (come back and correct mistakes)...while your mates in other schools are convocating... the same process till Faculty, Postgraduate College, and then your Oral Interview can be fixed. God help you if you don't have a good supervisor. I still have folks who are still there since 2014.

6) Other forms go through the same process as above....before your thesis is accepted whereas in some universities...you do your thesis and submit, and those forms do not add one value to your life.

7) When your mates are convocating and moving on with their lives, you are still doing your program in OAU..growing old...

With the points above, if you still decide to go for your PG programs in OAU (especially Masters and PH.D., well, that's your own business...do not say I don't tell you.)

Just that, in some departments, you can easily get admission, unlike U.I...If you like these disadvantages, then find a way to beat the system, but not possible, especially the grade aspect grin wink cheesy

Cc Statsocial, emmasege, HeyHey, ssuccess, Noble4life

6 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by oracle009(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
I had my BSc. Botany from OAU. It was a wonderful experience in all ramifications. Though, we spent more sessions than anticipated, but WE CAME OUT BETTER, RUGGED and VERSATILE! currently running my Post graduate in UNILAG... very fast, less demanding, less stressful BUT MORE MODERN researches, cost demanding, Modern and useful to society and cool experience. The way I read ehn, so alien to UNILAG... good student- lecturer rapport (far better than OAU), More fund and finance opportunities (UNILAG gets foreign grants alot)... And LABOUR MARKET oriented (oau train us like monster with only scholastic researches)...

A combination of OAU and UNILAG is a top notch. I don't like UI tho

3 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by martolux(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
I completed my program last year.l spent four semesters for the program amidst three strikes. God favoured me with a supervisor that has time for me. Their program is in three phases. d first phase is d coursework, the second phase is the research and third phase is the form processing. d third phase is craziest (form a,e,f & abstract).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Greatken007(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
You guys should stop blaming yourselves.It is a Nigeria factor.It is either there is strike for one stupid reason or the other OR the student can't cope with the lecturer high level of reasoning OR the lecturer is not always available when the student needs his attention.In most cases students don't really know the mechanics behind thesis.After your first semester exams you should be able to have your thesis proposal ready.(If you are used to copy and paste techniques you may likely spend additional 2 years).

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Arccangel(f): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please when would someone stand u warn the general public about Madonna na. haba. OP, just manage. At least no Madonna
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by OtemAtum: 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
Handsomecole:
All these set of lazy people who were disappointed because they couldn't bribe their way in OAU . OAU is strictly hard work and through research no short cut to anything. Based on merit, personally I know students who dropped out in part 1 n 2 not because they had a bad GP but they cudnt cope with the stress.
Stress and hardwork aren't the same. Stress isn't good for undergraduates, hardwork is okay. Don't tell me it's a good thing for a school to be so stressful that one should not be able to cope in it. Such school should do better.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by profsho1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
Guys, come to ABU Zaria if you want to be a good researcher. Thesis here is more than superb. All u need in ABU is ability to withstand pressure, be prayerful to have supervisors that will be on sit and you must be 100% full time student. Belief me, within two years you are done wt ur MSc and 3yrs for PHd

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by ayusco85(m): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Arccangel:
Please when would someone stand u warn the general public about Madonna na. haba. OP, just manage. At least no Madonna

Mado..... Wetin? undecided

We talking federal Universities with a rich history u talking about glorified secondary school.

Pls stand aside let Alma Mattas of federal Universities speak. Just watch and learn.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Unimaginable123: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
Which Op put this kind thread on face page pls
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by ayusco85(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
profsho1:
Guys, come to ABU Zaria if you want to be a good researcher. Thesis here is more than superb. All u need in ABU is ability to withstand pressure, be prayerful to have supervisors that will be on sit and you must be 100% full time student. Belief me, within two years you are done wt ur MSc and 3yrs for PHd

Lies from the pit of hell. That schl that been taken over by Muslims. Everyone in Abu is a Muslim.

If u are a Muslim, then no stress for u in Abu
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by adeniyi3971(m): 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
durentchigozie:
All the hype on Almighty OAU though, I thought their students experience no stress whatsoever. Afonja universities advanced secondary schools sha.... undecided
[img]https://media./images/17fb59b59b74ca8437d4f850c2dfe02f/tenor.gif[/img]

tell me a school in the East that can match OAU

5 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
oracle009:
I had my BSc. Botany from OAU. It was a wonderful experience in all ramifications. Though, we spent more sessions than anticipated, but WE CAME OUT BETTER, RUGGED and VERSATILE! currently running my Post graduate in UNILAG... very fast, less demanding, less stressful BUT MORE MODERN researches, cost demanding, Modern and useful to society and cool experience. The way I read ehn, so alien to UNILAG... good student- lecturer rapport (far better than OAU), More fund and finance opportunities (UNILAG gets foreign grants alot)... And LABOUR MARKET oriented (oau train us like monster with only scholastic researches)...

A combination of OAU and UNILAG is a top notch. I don't like UI tho

May I ask you sir, if you would be honest, which is the better institution between the two?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
had a friend who went to OAU. spent 6 years for a 4 years course. missing or no results all the time.

The guy was frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by OAUTemitayo: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
okewumi:

Bros, you are right. I graduated from OAU and the only problem is no short cut to anything. You can not buy handout to boast your GP, you cannot ask a friend to write test for you. The only thing is that OAU is not meant for average students like me but for genius. I got job automatically after service year because of the school image and l was sent for training in Europe. Education in OAU is very tough
No be small thing. The drilling here na real stress.
You go dey fear eportal.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by OAUTemitayo: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
Jarus:

I spent 5 years in Ife for a 4 year course. It has earlier delayed my entrance by almost a year due to streamlining of calendar.

So, while folks we wrote 2000 UME together graduated in other universities in 2004, I graduated in 2006.

Guess what? If I had another opportunity, I will still choose Ife for my undergraduate studies.

What I learned from that campus more than compensated.

I have no regrets.
True

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by OAUTemitayo: 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Handsomecole:
All these set of lazy people who were disappointed because they couldn't bribe their way in OAU . OAU is strictly hard work and through research no short cut to anything. Based on merit, personally I know students who dropped out in part 1 n 2 not because they had a bad GP but they cudnt cope with the stress.
In OAU, no room for lazy a.z.z

4 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by spencekat(m): 7:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
When it comes to postgraduate studies,Nigerian universities are below par.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Ejanla07: 7:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
twilliamx:

it is your english that is delaying you. It is spelt stuck not stocked.

dont mind our substandard education in sawt waste
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
Edopesin:
Hmmm Stay Away Frm Uniben Too
I disagree. I finished from there.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Iamsheye(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
RELAN2446:
Proudly unilorite
another stupid school

5 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Deicide:

English is not our natural language, Mothers tongue tends to interfere with the way we pronounce some words hence the bad spellings...But seriously I don't see why you should attack that does it makes you happy?
No mind them.

they shunned the message op is trying to pass across for a cheap mistake.
op sees an ill there and was trying to exposure such so that those in charge of the said institution would correct it but na em little mistake they cannot correct politely.

no one is above mistake.

someone cannot air em views in peace again!!

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
OAU
*LAUTECH*
KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY

*ALL THESE SCHOOLS NO BE SCHOOL*
*LAUTECH ESPECIALLY*
*IMAGINE RUNNING A SEMESTER FOR 2YEARS*

If u are an aspirant and u pick lautech, sorry for your life
Kogi State as a whole is on strike. Not just the university

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by condomuser: 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
When i did my MSc in Havard it was only 11 months, now i work with Chevron.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by bencarson007(m): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
twilliamx:

it is your english that is delaying you.
It is spelt stuck not stocked.

Bros that stocked instead of stuck is in my opinion sarcasm... They have kept the students for too long there that the op no longer see them as students in a university but as stock in a shop... Just see the fun side of his comment
Nobody his above errors

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by LoveJesus87(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol thanks for the advice. My friend recently told me he was considering oau. By the time I showed him Nairaland comments about OAU he Jejely followed me to CU. And by the way just take cover OAU Alumni are almost certainly going to come for you!
That is if they are not in their right senses
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by olufemi2211(m): 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Thanks so much for this... I am in my 4th semester and currently preparing for my oral exam(final defense)...I will be spending just 4 semesters by Gods grace...its not that bad....

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Ikemefuna44: 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
adeniyi00:
The op is not totally correct, I just concluded my MSc in faculty of tech in OAU spending just 4 semesters. OAU pg program is research oriented, those that don't finish on time did not start their research on time. The time you spend for your program depends on how hardworking you are and your interaction as well as your relationship with your supervisor (very important). I started my research in my second semester combining it with my course work though very demanding, by third semester my field work was completed and my write up almost ready. I will advice aspiring pg student in OAU to start their research as soon as possible, that's what delay most people. My submission.
You are being economical with the truth. You finished your programme in four semesters. The question is: Four semesters took how many years?
It might as well take you 4 years to complete 4 semester due to strikes and other hiccups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by brightgreat(m): 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
Maybe it's Alaba international things
Stock jeans

twilliamx:

it is your english that is delaying you.
It is spelt stuck not stocked.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
My academic mentor and project supervisor did all his programs at OAU, BSC MSC, PHD.
One of the earlierst tips he gave me is "avoid OAU", why? they will waste your life. I think he spent 5-6years on his PhD
I know someone will come and say he did not know what he was doing; dude was best in his class during MSc and got an AAPG award on his MS research
I don't know of other departments o.... but white house (OAU Geoscience)is legendary!!! when u see that department just flee... am not oau product but i know 50% of their lecturers; they are just notorious and that is also the best geoscience department in the country, has to be said
felictorx:

Bless your soul.
Undergraduates, shun Geology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy. Post grads also. You are warned, run away from those departments, if you love yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Sanchez01: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
This is a friendly advice especially for post graduates applicants. I have warned you enough. OAU will delay your destiny and brag ontop of that. I can only pity the undergraduates stocked there! A word is enough for the wise!
OAU delays a whole lot, true, but I'd tell you that the school would leave you with certain things that are not taught within classroom walls. Almost every graduate had it rough but in the end it is worth it.

My time in the school was not different from most undergrads, student Union strikes, non teaching staff strikes, Mojo strike, etc., all shaped and forged me and several others into people who cannot be shoved aside in the real world. If I'm to walk the walk again, it would be OAU all over again.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
No mind them.

they shunned the message op is trying to pass across for a cheap mistake.
op sees an ill there and was trying to exposure such so that those in charge of the said institution would correct it but na em little mistake they cannot correct politely.

no one is above mistake.

someone cannot air em views in peace again!!

Our institutions are in very terrible states but unfortunately, alumni wouldn't ever agree to the fact whenever it's been discuss. Every school in Nigeria today is so far behind. Imagine the alumni of the school jumping over the thread chanting and insisting "stress" is the order of the day in the institution? Must we be stressed out to learn? what is wrong with us in this part of the world?

These guys disgust me with their ways of reasoning. We have friends abroad and we as well read a lot on the Internet. Must you be a prey to bedbugs, get intimidated and harassed unduly and do some unreasonable things to be knowledge? Alas, the products of the said institution pride themselves in ignorance of the grand scheme of things.

It's speaks volume of the danger which abounds if this pattern of reasoning is what our best schools imbibe in their alumni.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.