Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself (72259 Views)

How Do I Get My Transcript From OAU / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Fitzgeralde: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
Don't want to say much, just finished my post graduate project there

Edit:
Undergraduates, shun Geology( I laugh in Japanese) Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy. Post grads also. You are warned, run away from those departments, if you love yourself.
Why should we shun the courses mentioned above? I'm currently pursuing my first degree in the Department Of Geology, O.A.U Ile-Ife.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by neahyo(m): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
Pedagogue:

I have said it before and I'll say it again. OAU Ile-Ife is not for the intellectually faint-hearted, neither is it for the socially over-committed. Rather, the Uni is a perfect fit for students that are academically thirsty, and ready to personally improve their understanding of life.

And Ivy colleges are for who?

Must we have it difficult before we can be successful?

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by toye440: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by johnsmhelia15(m): 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
ok
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by omoadeleye(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
emmasege:
What exactly is your point, OP? I don't think OAU is so strict with their postgraduate programs as they were, years ago. I know of so many people who completed their MSc research programs within 4 semesters and PhD in 6 semesters in the last few years, on that same campus. OAU is not UI or UNILAG where they do short-term projects and mass defence for MSc candidates. In OAU, you do MSc by research which is the style in American and Canadian universities and not the British style adopted by UI & UNILAG. And if your thesis is not examinable, your supervisor will not clear you for defence. It doesn't matter if your class mates have been cleared by their own supervisors.

OAU is only good for research-minded candidates and not those who will want to do their research as if they were part time students, the moment they complete their course works. Such candidates may consider UNILAG or UI.

But na British colonized​ us na
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by toye440: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
sir pls elaborate!!!
dem dey tell mad man say rain dey fall ne. it means u get plans to dey write C.O with ur last son for dsame class.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
ssuccess:

Please how much is PG studies at CU

THANKS
I just know that courses like Architecture, Bioscience, Chem and I think Engr are about 500k thereabout.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by tellmanny(m): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
Results are never ready on time.

I agree with all the points you raised but for the one above. Thank God you didn't say you are the person affected.
Results are computerized and uploaded to the students account on the school portal.
OAU is very stressful and it is not for lazy students. They pay careful attention to academic excellence, it's never negotiable.
If you ask me, that's the reason I am most grateful to have attended that university.

3 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by solelymade: 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
Joavid:
had a friend who went to OAU. spent 6 years for a 4 years course. missing or no results all the time.

The guy was frustrated.

Undergraduate... I'm quite certain your friend lied to you. There is nothing like missing or no result in Ife. He's probably telling tales as to his poor performance academically. My comment has a 99.9% confidence level

7 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Hexdude1(m): 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
rosebae:
hey mr man congratulation oh weldone u re telin us bad tings abt oau without points nd u re sayin u dnt wana say much u shuld hav atleast kip shut wen u no u wnt gve us ful details hmm

hmmmm..

jambite expression
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
toye440:

dem dey tell mad man say rain dey fall ne. it means u get plans to dey write C.O with ur last son for dsame class.
lmaoo.
I now garrit!!
thanks jare
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
corpershun:

Absolute Truth, We blame our leaders yet we see white and call it black.

I did my BSc in CU as much as its labelled a glorified sec school, I had things done easily, calendar strictly followed etc. Fast forward to doing my MBA in Unilag, very different where even the coordinator treats students like secondary school. Imagine writing exams and someone starts checking your pockets like you are carrying drugs, and that's just 1 experience.
What stops a school like Unilag from installing CCTV cameras to detect exam malpractice and so on...

Nigerian youths need to wake up and stop putting pride on how much suffering we go through. Someone will talk about how he suffered and another person boasts on how he suffered more... if you complain they will tag one Lazy... Na wa for our mentality in this part of the world.

I'm seriously tired of our elites, they reason retrogtessively, learning should be fun, not stress.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by zeestone99(m): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
emmasege:
What exactly is your point, OP? I don't think OAU is so strict with their postgraduate programs as they were, years ago. I know of so many people who completed their MSc research programs within 4 semesters and PhD in 6 semesters in the last few years, on that same campus. OAU is not UI or UNILAG where they do short-term projects and mass defence for MSc candidates. In OAU, you do MSc by research which is the style in American and Canadian universities and not the British style adopted by UI & UNILAG. And if your thesis is not examinable, your supervisor will not clear you for defence. It doesn't matter if your class mates have been cleared by their own supervisors.

OAU is only good for research-minded candidates and not those who will want to do their research as if they were part time students, the moment they complete their course works. Such candidates may consider UNILAG or UI.

And hw has this style contributed to the country's growth considering they have been producing graduates since God knows when wit the so called style. U shud b strict for a reason u knw.... All nigerian schools are wash.. My 2cent no offense

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Iamsheye(m): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
RELAN2446:
sure, since dey never pick you, don worry ur child may b dere if dey resemble dere mum, not dere dad with a d**l brain.
what is this one saying sef,go and learn how to speak english first,and dont ever think am dull like you
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Alexis11: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
Joavid:
had a friend who went to OAU. spent 6 years for a 4 years course. missing or no results all the time.

The guy was frustrated.

cheesy

Your friend failed hence, lied to you.

"Missing result" is very very rare in OAU. cool

Your results are most times uploaded on your personal online page (eportal) directly.

You can call to see your scripts too. I did that twice and was successful.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Haatism(m): 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
OAU
*LAUTECH*
KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY

*ALL THESE SCHOOLS NO BE SCHOOL*
*LAUTECH ESPECIALLY*
*IMAGINE RUNNING A SEMESTER FOR 2YEARS*

If u are an aspirant and u pick lautech, sorry for your life
LAUTECH is 90x better than BSU (Benue State University) where all the students are mandated to take elective from Wheelbarrow Pushing Department.
Plus the fact of over admitting without facilities. You 800 M.Sc. Mass Comm. students receive lectures in a 50 capacity classroom. grin
MedicalSamwise:
OAU
*LAUTECH*
KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY

*ALL THESE SCHOOLS NO BE SCHOOL*
*LAUTECH ESPECIALLY*
*IMAGINE RUNNING A SEMESTER FOR 2YEARS*

If u are an aspirant and u pick lautech, sorry for your life
LAUTECH is 90x better than BSU (Benue State University) where all the students are mandated to take elective from Wheelbarrow Pushing Department.
Plus the fact of over admitting without facilities. You see 800 M.Sc. Mass Comm. students receiving lectures in a 50 capacity classroom.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Missfads(f): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
so which sch make we go..when everyone is saying Run away?

Hello Nairalanders. I need your help please...
Social Media is bringing people together to help one another. So do this for me...!

I am contesting for a wedding cake with other four aspiring couples

I needs your likes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram because the winner will be determined from the one who has
the highest number of likes from the three social media.

I have been campaigning for likes, yet, I am not meeting up.

Help me like the pictures in this link to help me win.

Follow the links to like the pictures

Here are the links:
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1396189003752908&substory_index=0&id=115469595158195&refid=12&_rdc=1&_rdr

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU8dHa5lqNl/

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mixnbake/status/871584998922620928
Thank you.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Balobest(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
durentchigozie:
All the hype on Almighty OAU though, I thought their students experience no stress whatsoever. Afonja universities advanced secondary schools sha.... undecided
[img]https://media./images/17fb59b59b74ca8437d4f850c2dfe02f/tenor.gif[/img]
YeyePOBian... Plz mention of ur own universities that can compete with these so called Afonja unis.
Pls sir, I humbly beg... Talk with sense.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by sigmundfreud(m): 12:22am On Jun 18, 2017
HeyHey:
OP is 100% right and every student of oau will say same thing. The school is amazingly slow. This is my 5th session here...since 2012. The cumulative of the strike/mid-semster breaks/ASUU leave etc, so far is 22months. I had people doingg phd 2012-2017(currently still here) and msc 2014-January 2017. If you have your life planned out...oau is not the place for you. It is for the patient.
Results are never ready on time, i know for some1 who wrote exam when she was 6months pregnant and the result for that exam was not released till the child turned a 1year old. So assuming, she is on a scholarship and needs those results for renewal of that scholarship, what would she do?.
OAU is very stressful, slow and still expect gratitude for the crumbs of effort they put in
Fallacy of generalization...
So students of OAU don't get scholarship?
Yes there is delay but...were u sent a special invitation to apply or you saw their advert? My friend go sleep for Moremi!

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by LaReve: 12:34am On Jun 18, 2017
Ishilove:

Well that's your opinion.. Let's look at facts

Oau is historically known to be slow but that's changing..
No strikes now For more than a session now.. Between oau last strike and now

UI has gone on strike about 3 times (still currently on strike) by the time they resume, oau would be ahead of them or at par (calendar wise)

Ksu and lautech are still closed up

Unilorin. .the fastest (or amomg the fastest) federal university is just a semester ahead of OAU ..for all oau reputed slowness
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by SamuelLoch: 12:42am On Jun 18, 2017
Bullshit! Am currently in OAU! Things are not the same as before... OP you owe us an explanation!

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Outofsync(m): 2:48am On Jun 18, 2017
Sounds cooked to me....
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by ShakurMY(m): 2:50am On Jun 18, 2017
That's why unilorin is still the better by far University in Nigeria. OAU is just been hype, they have the worst academic calender in Nigeria. Proud to be a unilorite grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by emmasege: 3:26am On Jun 18, 2017
omoadeleye:

But na British colonized​ us na
Why did your country change vehicles from right starring to left starring? Why the presidential system of America and not the parliamentary sydtem of Britain?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by emmasege: 3:29am On Jun 18, 2017
ShakurMY:
That's why unilorin is still the better by far University in Nigeria. OAU is just been hype, they have the worst academic calender in Nigeria. Proud to be a unilorite grin
Pay a visit to OAU and better still enrol for a program there, then you'll realise UNILORIN is far below the class of OAU.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 18, 2017
okewumi:

Bros, you are right. I graduated from OAU and the only problem is no short cut to anything. You can not buy handout to boast your GP, you cannot ask a friend to write test for you. The only thing is that OAU is not meant for average students like me but for genius. I got job automatically after service year because of the school image and l was sent for training in Europe. Education in OAU is very tough
Wow! Quite impressive bro. I'm an alumnus of great Ife too. So much to compensate for the stressful years on campus. You're doing great already. Kudos.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by ShakurMY(m): 4:42am On Jun 18, 2017
emmasege:
Pay a visit to OAU and better still enrol for a program there, then you'll realise UNILORIN is far below the class of OAU.

Who class epp? Unilorin more versatile than OAU for now, and in terms of stable academic calender unilorin is number one
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by sogodihno: 4:45am On Jun 18, 2017
All those screaming "time waster". when last did they go on Strike? while UI is currently on strike. SMH! for some people sha.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by sogodihno: 4:50am On Jun 18, 2017
[quote author=ShakurMY post=57618459]That's why unilorin is still the better by far University in Nigeria. OAU is just been hype, they have the worst academic calender in Nigeria. Proud to be a unilorite grin[/quote

SMH!
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by godquality: 4:53am On Jun 18, 2017
felictorx:
This is a friendly advice especially for post graduates applicants. I have warned you enough. OAU will delay your destiny and brag ontop of that. I can only pity the undergraduates stocked there! A word is enough for the wise!
If you can't bother to tell us why, we won't bother to take you serious. You don't just tell someone not to do something without providing your reasons why. Better clarify.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by emmasege: 5:37am On Jun 18, 2017
ShakurMY:

Who class epp? Unilorin more versatile than OAU for now, and in terms of stable academic calender unilorin is number one
Calling animals with horns, snails think they are among.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 18, 2017
arena07:
shut up university of Ibadan is the best
The school God has exalted no University of Ibadan can pull down...now bow down your head an Ife Alumni speaks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.