Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing (34804 Views)

Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion / USS Fitzgerald :U.S Navy Releases Names And Photos Of Officers Found Dead / All 7 Missing US Sailors Found Dead Inside USS Fitzgerald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2017
It is time to blame the Russians grin grin

Just watch the US drag Russia into this.

3 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by crackerspub: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2017
I SMELL LIES

THE MOST ADVANCE RADAR AND SONAR SYSTEMS USED BY THE TWO SHIPS STILL THEY COLLIDED

THE STORY NOT ADDING UP
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by realwiz1(m): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2017
0b100100111:
With such damage, Barcelona no longer stand a chance of winning the Spanish La liga!
zero sense
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by able20(m): 10:49am On Jun 17, 2017
Millz404:
Dem blind?
America dey feel Trump the wey naija dey feel Buhari
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by marooh: 10:50am On Jun 17, 2017
Have you ask Edo or river people....
I dey fear this guy's.
Just ask the first!
cheesy grin
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by mamaafrik(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2017
All these American overlords,U.S.A WARSHIP on JAPANESE COASTLINE,just imagine if the reverse was the case,yeaaaaahhh,u r mirroring my thought,awon agbaya.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by able20(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2017
crackerspub:
I SMELL LIES

THE MOST ADVANCE RADAR AND SONAR SYSTEMS USED BY THE TWO SHIPS STILL THEY COLLIDED

THE STORY NOT ADDING UP
Why folks like you think everything in America is 100℅ accurate and perfect, they're human too.

2 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by fashrola(m): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2017
Really crazy though....

1. A ship has two radars..... Short and Long range ... Though I don't know for warships... In my experience on merchant ships, the radar can pick up returns from similar ships at 15-16 miles off. This is due to height of the ship's radar antenna, height of the other ships and curvature of the earth.

So a US warships is more powerful and goes a long way...

I don't think a whole US warship radar can go wrong in any way

2. faulty Steering gear system? I don't think a faulty Steering gear system could cause such mistake because in every ship there's an emergency steering gear system in case the main one is bad ( probably the telemotor , hunting gear or the pump is bad)

3. Communication system: Men!! A merchant ship is equipped with sophisticated gadgets for communication... And a US warship ain't an exception... You can't just collide with another vessel without communicating to other vessel to alter their course

4. Black Out? Hmmm might be possible though... I've experienced this severally onboard... where the auxillary machinery (Generator) fails (trips off) while underway... And the generator powers all the navigational equipments and the steering gear... So it's always dangerous when your generator fails when you are underway a channel (busy waterway) it can cause collision or grounding of the vessel..

Note: it takes 15-20 secs for an emergency generator to come up after black out and personally you have to start putting other machineries back online and during this period something drastic might happen. (Differs from other types of ships though)

5. Men on duty sleeping? Possible

6. Rough weather? Not an excuse that's why you have navigational equipments at the bridge to make it easy to navigate your ship through rough sea at night..

7 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by hooohaaa: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2017
Where are those two senators wey say they will not sell fighter planes to us because we mistakenly bombed IDP camp. Na today US they fumble ? SO SO mouth they get.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2017
Nah water wey dey harbour fish, go still cook am. A USS destroyer ship, destroyed by a cargo ship.......

1 Like

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by DAVE5(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2017
emynike2001:

O boy you no kill person with laughter oooo,

U are Correct i saw u peep through d window when d nyashing IS GOING on

bros wetin u expect me to think.... ship no fit just dey con crash just like dat nah... nah pesin go cause am and its definitely the captain

2 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2017
EazyMoh:
US with their overpriced equipment.
You wonder what's the use of the ship if it can't detect and protect itself.
Conspiracy theorists already on the scene. Have you wondered just a little whether the so called sophisticated ship isn't really that sophisticated? I bet if it were a Nigerian navy you won't contemplate the news. You will be among those to be shouting "useless country, we don't know how to do things properly....bla bla"
lol, the conspiracy theory here holds water cos we are talking of a USS Fitzgerald( a destroyer squadron with all its sophistication) and not one NNS okpabana here......... I am a patriotic Nigerian btw tho still contemplating on giving up.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Cardozzo(m): 11:07am On Jun 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are right
He is Not Right.... I watched it on CNN this morning
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by LionDeLeo: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2017
Where are the Nigerians who are more American the Americans themselves?

I thought everything about US is perfect.

2 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by 77al: 11:13am On Jun 17, 2017
UlqU3:
Mtcheww
What is a US ship doing in Japan waters? Everytime this people will be doing shady sh¡t

I wonder, considering the unhealthy history the do have.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by thunderbabs: 11:17am On Jun 17, 2017
North Korea don sabotage US mission defebding South Korea.....Trumped!
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by banmee(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2017
manny4life:
Believe this news at your own risk. There's more to this that meets the eyes because there's no way an sophisticated and technological advanced warship would crash into a container carrier.

Guy, technology does not mean shiit without human beings. It could just be human error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by EazyMoh(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2017
Castroii:
lol, the conspiracy theory here holds water cos we are talking of a USS Fitzgerald( a destroyer squadron with all its sophistication) and not one NNS okpabana here......... I am a patriotic Nigerian btw tho still contemplating on giving up.
Oh yeah?
So just like 911, the Almighty US allowed it's reputation, expensive equipment and most importantly the lives of its citizens to be endangered TO GAIN WHAT?

3 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Stefano911(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2017
manny4life:
Believe this news at your own risk. There's more to this that meets the eyes because there's no way an sophisticated and technological advanced warship would crash into a container carrier.

Its true bruh. But its the other way round
The cargo ship crashed into the Destroyer
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by fkj950ax(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2017
The container ship crashed into the Naval boat.

Not the naval boat crashed into the container ship.

Stay on actual facts
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by 0b100100111: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2017
realwiz1:
zero sense

Re u kidding me? Have u seen someone with zero sense? You must be mentally derailed. How can u say someone has has zero sense? Did u have access to formal education? If u did, All those who taught u should be crucified upside down!
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2017
mehnnnn the Acx Crystal manufacturers need to be given medals, how do u destroy a destroyer with just minimum dents ? dope shitt dere
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Flashmove: 11:31am On Jun 17, 2017
Is there war in Japan? What are they flying for, wasting tax payers money for nothing.

They should refer the destroyers to Nigeria so that Boko Boys will be destroyed forever.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by julioralph(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2017
From the pictures above its obvious the US destroyer came off worse, Even tho its armour-plated Intersting...

2 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by press005: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2017
fashrola:
Really crazy though....

1. A ship has two radars..... Short and Long range ... Though I don't know for warships... In my experience on merchant ships, the radar can pick up returns from similar ships at 15-16 miles off. This is due to height of the ship's radar antenna, height of the other ships and curvature of the earth.

So a US warships is more powerful and goes a long way...

I don't think a whole US warship radar can go wrong in any way

2. faulty Steering gear system? I don't think a faulty Steering gear system could cause such mistake because in every ship there's an emergency steering gear system in case the main one is bad ( probably the telemotor , hunting gear or the pump is bad)

3. Communication system: Men!! A merchant ship is equipped with sophisticated gadgets for communication... And a US warship ain't an exception... You can't just collide with another vessel without communicating to other vessel to alter their course

4. Black Out? Hmmm might be possible though... I've experienced this severally onboard... where the auxillary machinery (Generator) fails (trips off) while underway... And the generator powers all the navigational equipments and the steering gear... So it's always dangerous when your generator fails when you are underway a channel (busy waterway) it can cause collision or grounding of the vessel..

Note: it takes 15-20 secs for an emergency generator to come up after black out and personally you have to start putting other machineries back online and during this period something drastic might happen. (Differs from other types of ships though)

5. Men on duty sleeping? Possible

6. Rough weather? Not an excuse that's why you have navigational equipments at the bridge to make it easy to navigate your ship through rough sea at night..

guy u are experienced o....wow

2 Likes

Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by wink2015(m): 11:53am On Jun 17, 2017
Even with all their technological successes, the white man still makes mistakes sometimes.

The news tells us that it is only God Almighty that is perfect. We human are just mere mortals but without perfection which we sometimes brag about!

I hope the sailors will take precaution next time.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by husnath(m): 11:55am On Jun 17, 2017
A Philippine merchant vessel and a US Destroyer collided in the southern part sea of Japan how does an advanced Warship with a state of the art technologies and highly advanced radar didn't notice a Merchant Vessel it was so big, the sea is so big too and also a merchant vessel is slow one compared to a destroyer that is 10X faster.
But anyway I hope and pray for the injured and missing after all this is an accident.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by husnath(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2017
A Philippine merchant vessel and a US Destroyer collided in the southern part sea of Japan how does an advanced Warship with a state of the art technologies and highly advanced radar didn't notice a Merchant Vessel it was so big, the sea is so big too and also a merchant vessel is slow one compared to a destroyer that is 10X faster.
But anyway I hope and pray for the injured and missing after all this is an accident.
Allah ya kyau Ta
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by Preator: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2017
A Arleigh Burke class of destroyer unable to avoid collision with a slow moving container ship? That's double coincidence cos the steering mech on the ACX will have to be faulty or the crew negligent and the Fitzgerald arrays of sensors also out. Either an electronic fault, or it was being jammed or spoofed.
If it was being jammed, the CO should have deployed the "unspoofable" tested and trusted MARK 1 system(after all, it was a clear night).
One thing is certain, a lot of careers are gonna be ruined by this incident starting with the naval chiefs, the commander of the 7th fleet and down the line.
The CO must be jazzed though. Just took over less than 40days ago and he's already crashing in peace time with a container ship.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by AreaFada2: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
Even the Navy is demolishing in the sea like Trump on land.

Una weldon o.
Re: USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing by figure007(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
manny4life:
at times some things happen that you won't be able to explain.. .its very possible to have happened.... It's like saying a sophisticated air plan cannot malfunction while on air leading to crash.. . SHits happen you know. .mistake might come from the captain.. .they are sea men maybe intoxicated or something... It's my own opinion though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Sacked By Zanu-PF, Replaced By Emmerson Mnangagwa / It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) / Trump May Grant Himself Presidential Pardon For Capitol Invasion – White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.