Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:14 PM

Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! (13132 Views)

Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2017
good day, This Forum is for medical practitioners who wish to do their residency or post graduate studies in Deutschland, Let's try to share information and help each other wink
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by mowah: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2017
Hello, sag Mir, how does it go?
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2017
hello my very good friend mowah ,

first of all learn german language till B2 ... u hav to clear the B2 exam ..it takes from 6 mnths to 1 year tym..after that u can submit your complete translated document in any of the provinces of your choice in germany .. each province is different .. our Nigerian degrees are not recognized here . So the aurhorities will take out your equivalnce and will book a C1 ( medical understanding / fachsprachprüfung) appointmnt for u .. u can join academies for the preperation of this test .. its relatively easy.. after that they will giv u a work permit ( Beruferlaubnis) so that u can work in a hospital in order to prepare urself for the big exam ( kenntnisprüfung) . Thr work permit is usually for 2 years! U can also join academies to prepare fr dis exam too !! Its an oral exam but a deep thorough medical evaluation is done !! Every thing in german !!! After clearing this exam , u get ur liscence! A little difficult path but not impossible !!

Viel Glück mein lieber Bruder wink

5 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by mowah: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2017
Dank viel bro, is the exam in Germany?
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by tuscani: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for this thread, but you did not mention anything about aprobation, secondly is it really possible to learn German in to b2 level in 6 months to one year ? . I have been trying my best to apply to any of the federal state, the sad part is that most of the state reply email inquiries with German language expecially those states in the east. Please do you know how to learn German easily.
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
tuscani:
Thanks for this thread, but you did not mention anything about aprobation, secondly is it really possible to learn German in to b2 level in 6 months to one year ? . I have been trying my best to apply to any of the federal state, the sad part is that most of the state reply email inquiries with German language expecially those states in the east. Please do you know how to learn German easily.

Hello, approbation is what you get after passing those two exams for a particular state, it just shows equivalence to a German medical degree.

I think the most important thing is to learn German language first.
the best and easiest way to learn it is by Goethe-institut in Lagos Island, you can start by competing Duolingo in about 2 months so that you'll find the lectures at Goethe institut much easier. it will take you exactly 12 months to get to B2 level and I'll recommend only Goethe institut and nowhere else because , you could have fluency problems like some of my colleagues who speak German with a bad accent which wouldn't be good enough for you.
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
mowah:
Dank viel bro, is the exam in Germany?

Yes
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by billpete89: 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
SICHER GERMAN LANGUAGE INSTITUTE OWERRI
Sicher provides easy and practical German Courses for beginner's intermediates and advance learners.

Courses and Services.

✓ German Language Courses A1-B2
✓ German Courses for Medics
✓ Goethe Exam Registration
✓ Study Admissions
✓ Job/Ausbildung Applications
✓ Visa Application/Assistance.

Address: No 62 Okigwe road Owerri beside Executive Garden Hotel Junction

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by billpete89: 11:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
SICHER GERMAN LANGUAGE INSTITUTE OWERRI

Sicher provides easy and practical German Courses for beginner's intermediates and advance learners.

Courses and Services.

✓ German Language Courses A1-B2
✓ German Courses for Medics
✓ Goethe Exam Registration
✓ Study Admissions
✓ Job/Ausbildung Applications
✓ Visa Application/Assistance.

Address: No 62 Okigwe road Owerri beside Executive Garden Hotel Junction

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by dusseldorf: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
ProfOrlando:

Hello, approbation is what you get after passing those two exams for a particular state, it just shows equivalence to a German medical degree.

I think the most important thing is to learn German language first.
the best and easiest way to learn it is by Goethe-institut in Lagos Island, you can start by competing Duolingo in about 2 months so that you'll find the lectures at Goethe institut much easier. it will take you exactly 12 months to get to B2 level and I'll recommend only Goethe institut and nowhere else because , you could have fluency problems like some of my colleagues who speak German with a bad accent which wouldn't be good enough for you.
Tank !, gutten tag !!!, but I am not even in Nigeria, I am thinking there is an online platform for the german language
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
dusseldorf:
Tank !, gutten tag !!!, but I am not even in Nigeria, I am thinking there is an online platform for the german language
Maybe you can try Deutsch Welle
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by seyih2(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thank you ProfOrlando for your inputs.
I am a final year medical student in Nigeria and I'm planning to do my residency in Germany. Apart from learning German up to B2 level, are there other things I need to prepare for?
Also, I did not get your explanations about submission and translation of medical certificate. Kindly expand on it.
Regards!

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
seyih2:
Thank you ProfOrlando for your inputs.
I am a final year medical student in Nigeria and I'm planning to do my residency in Germany. Apart from learning German up to B2 level, are there other things I need to prepare for?
Also, I did not get your explanations about submission and translation of medical certificate. Kindly expand on it.
Regards!

well, you just need to learn German up to B2 Level, do your house job in your home country and apply for your visa, for now , what matters most is your language skills and clinical skills. When you get to Deutschland, you can enroll in academies such as
FIA Freiburg International Academy. which would prepare you for the approbation exam in about 3-6 months.....
as for the submission and translation, it's not a big deal.when your applying online you'll just need to upload your documents both in the original form and the translated form *(in German)

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by impekkable: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thank you proforlando for this very useful thread.

Please can you give more information about the cost implication (or the approximate estimate).
That is, for the approbation and kenntnisprufrung examinations, the Academy fees and other financial needs.

Also, like how much will one earn with the initial work permit?

Thank you.
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ProfOrlando: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
impekkable:
Thank you proforlando for this very useful thread.

Please can you give more information about the cost implication (or the approximate estimate).
That is, for the approbation and kenntnisprufrung examinations, the Academy fees and other financial needs.

Also, like how much will one earn with the initial work permit?

Thank you.

As at 2014, approbation cost about €350 and the tuition fee for the FIA was about €2000. so, it should still remain around that range.
As for the Salary,though it is not as high as what one would earn in USA or Australlia, it is quite much as doctors earn more in Germany than any other country in Europe including the U.K. The salary could really vary depending on the location and hospital. from €5,000 per month in Berlin and Hamburg, to €4,300 per month in Munich, €3,800 in Freiburg and cologne and €2000 per month in Rüdesheim am Rhein and Bielefeld.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by impekkable: 12:32am On Jul 19, 2017
Thank you for the information.
The payment is actually worth the stress of learning a new language cheesy. €2000 is consultants salary in Nigeria.

I remember you said the initial working permit lasts for 2 years. What happens if per chance, one fails the "big exam".

Also, what is the likelihood of an African getting placement for residency in surgery specialties like orthopedic or plastic.

Danke!
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by Freeicanmaterial: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2017
If you are interested in learning Spanish/French/Chinese/Arabic/German/Hindi and you are based in Lagos/Port Harcourt/Abuja/Owerri/Enugu/Onitsha, contact 07083731734 on whatsapp for more details.

You can attend group classes or arrange for private lectures.
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by billpete89: 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
Pls more questions and answers should come in
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ohswagz: 1:19am On Sep 17, 2017
Hallo zusammen..Im a Penultimate med student in naija....What kind of Visa will one need to travel to germany as a doctor and how easy is it for us foreigners In Germany(Berlin especially)....Danke im voraus!!
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ohswagz: 1:21am On Sep 17, 2017
To get Approbation/Berufserlaubnis(how long)
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by tuscani: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Guten tag. Is it really possible to learn German to level B2 in 12 months ?, I have you done it, or you know some one who has done it. I need some encouragement here
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ohswagz: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Get Doulingo first,Finish d Tree-Dats A2 lvl already....Then u go for classes to B2 maybe 8-10 months...
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by ohswagz: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
Me Im in d A2 lvl currently...At least u go save A1 money!!!....
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by BLACKBOY19: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
Currently doing A2 @ Goethe. I won't advise you to equate Duolingo to actual german classes. German has its technicalities...the language get comma small. grin

Just take out time to learn the language, then move!

I am done with nysc very soon and I might move after B1.

Ich kann jetzt ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen.

Alles gute

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by Ubabuko1: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hello... pls is it possible for one to do residency in surgery (orthopeadic)? What are the steps and how long will it take to finish.
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by DrZoba(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hi. I was wondering if you already got placement in Germany. Please do share your experience and tips.
Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by Gr8amechi: 9:57am On Mar 31, 2019
This is a good page, please can we make it lively again, I am interested in practicing in Germany and really want to get to know more
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by Gr8amechi: 9:58am On Mar 31, 2019
ProfOrlando:
good day, This Forum is for medical practitioners who wish to do their residency or post graduate studies in Deutschland, Let's try to share information and help each other wink
Good morning, please are you still in Germany?
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by TemmyAK: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
Thank for the threat @proforlando.
Pls how easy is it to get placement for residency in O&G and what are the procedures. I'm currently round up my NYSC and my husband just got a ptdf scholarship to study in Germany. So I'd like to know if relocation will be possible. Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by makeitijn: 11:39am On Jun 15, 2019
You're not even ashamed of yourselves ... Going to Germany? What happened to your country you shameless monkeys
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by Mayflowa(m): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
makeitijn:
You're not even ashamed of yourselves ... Going to Germany? What happened to your country you shameless monkeys

I know 3 doctors that have passed their primary exams twice with no residency placement in Nigeria. They have traveled from north to south looking for residency opportunity. The primaries are now expired. What should they do in that case?
Re: Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! by billpete89: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
LEARN GERMAN @ SICHER GERMAN SCHOOL OWERRI IMO STATE.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Survival Strategy For Abuja Civil Servants / Eric Osagie Resigns As Sun Newspaper MD / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.