Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question (1515 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Needs To Answer This 9 Questions / PDP Is Unfair Party With No Conscience - Ben Ayade / To All Pmb's Supporters, Answer This Question Below With Valid Reason(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Dereformer(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
If separation will bring peace, progress, harmony to each of the countries that will emerge from Nigeria, will you in all honesty preach one Nigeria?

This is for sane minds and adults to answer.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Dereformer(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:
If separation will bring peace, progress, harmony to each of the countries that will emerge from Nigeria, will you in all honesty preach one Nigeria?

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
Just speak your mind bros.. what exactly do you want us to talk about? Becouse I don't understand you. Are we too much as we are at the moment to have peace and progress? Whats your definition of going our separate ways? Igbo Youruba and Hausa or North, South West, South South and South East? Do you know the Tiv are a nation just like the igbos? Should they go on their own too? How people keep misunderstanding bad leadership for majority oppression of the minority keeps bothering me. Hold your Governors and representatives accountable and demand good governance and let us stop wasting our energies and time over a momentarily impossible separation.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:

Oya since you are an advocate of separation, Divide Nigeria accordingly in such a way that the much talked about peace and progress will be achieved let us see. Waiting patiently for your separation plan or formular. Whether it's along geographical line or national line or even coalition line am waiting.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by colbankz(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
hell NO

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Where is the Op na? You just dey preach separation with no plans on how to do am? I didn't even ask for a comprehensive detailed plan. Just an idea in summary.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
colbankz:
hell NO
Guy you no talk anything o! You read the Op say it that only sane minds are invited here. Hell No doesn't sound sane to me. Abi u book space ni?
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by intruxive(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Have u lived in a separate biafra b4, that you think there will automatically be peace and progress and development.
Go to south sudan for your answer
#october 1
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by colbankz(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Guy you no talk anything o! You read the Op say it that only sane minds are invited here. Hell No doesn't sound sane to me. Abi u book space ni?
calm down baba i go talk something if i break fast...mk una no vex 4 me
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Duru1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:

I have never preached one Niger-Area. Niger-Area is a silly accident that should have been avoided. Anybody who even insinuate the continues stay of One Niger-Area is incurable insane.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
intruxive:
Have u lived in a separate biafra b4, that you think there will automatically be peace and progress and development.
Go to south sudan for your answer
#october 1
I watched south sudanese people cry to God asking him why did he allow them get that independence. They have lost more people fighting themselves than when they were in the full Sudan. South Sudan may be failing now but the future may turn out good. I don't want to discourage anybody who want out. I just want to know how they intend to go about it and know what areas they intend to occupy. Just their plan that's all. Some Nigerians are willing to genuinely support Biafra but they want a plan of action.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
colbankz:
calm down baba i go talk something if i break fast...mk una no vex 4 me
Chai!!! Guy u get chill. Na Man you be. I am inspired.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Dereformer(m): 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Where is the Op na? You just dey preach separation with no plans on how to do am? I didn't even ask for a comprehensive detailed plan. Just an idea in summary.

How to do it is to conduct a referendum. Allow people to take their destinies in their own hands.

Before the coming of the British, each constituent part was autonomous.

Almost all the countries forcefully joined together by the British have separated. Some having as much as 3 countries emerging from one country.

When people say the unity of Nigeria is not negotiable, I wonder where they get that from.

A section of the country has refused vehemently to implement recommendations that will see each state progress. Why is that.

My question now goes back to you, if there will be peace when all that want to leave are allowed to leave, will you still preach unity?
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by colbankz(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Chai!!! Guy u get chill. Na Man you be. I am inspired.
na so my nigg
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:

How to do it is to conduct a referendum. Allow people to take their destinies in their own hands.

Before the coming of the British, each constituent part was autonomous.

Almost all the countries forcefully joined together by the British have separated. Some having as much as 3 countries emerging from one country.

When people say the unity of Nigeria is not negotiable, I wonder where they get that from.

A section of the country has refused vehemently to implement recommendations that will see each state progress. Why is that.

My question now goes back to you, if there will be peace when all that want to leave are allowed to leave, will you still preach unity?
Divide Nigeria into 1000 and you will still get a group shouting " We are minority we want out becouse we ain't getting a fair deal" Peace is a relative concept first of all. What you should have hinged upon is equity fairness and justice plus development and growth by a good leadership. That is possible in the present circumstance. It is equally possible if the country splits the same way it is possible to have bad leadership that will entrench chaos in whatever new countries emerge from Nigeria. Bottom line, you and I believe in diffrent theories. Yours is based on assumption " If" mine is based on facts. Good governance is very possible. We have seen it work. You have not had a biafra before, but we have had good leadership before in Nigeria.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Duru1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
I watched south sudanese people cry to God asking him why did he allow them get that independence. They have lost more people fighting themselves than when they were in the full Sudan. South Sudan may be failing now but the future may turn out good. I don't want to discourage anybody who want out. I just want to know how they intend to go about it and know what areas they intend to occupy. Just their plan that's all. Some Nigerians are willing to genuinely support Biafra but they want a plan of action.

There are things not open to public consumption. The strategy of a nation's mechanism has always been a classified document. The situation in Niger-Area today does not allow for such openness.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by freshest4live: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
OP restructuring is better than separation, the south south alone is so diverse and we are all brought together as one under the federation Nigeria, if you divide this country giving every so called marginalized group her so called freedom without bias, you would have at least 6-20 nations, and this is even in the best case scenario. I still do not see why we cannot fight for a form of true federalism and work it out.
And yes l am a unity beggar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
Duru1:
[/b]

There are things not open to public consumption. The strategy of a nation's mechanism has always been a classified document. The situation in Niger-Area today does not allow for such openness.
Haba!!! How come scottish people own dey open;how come when Eritrea get independence from Ethiopia it was open;how come Pakistan own dey open? I followed the south sudan pursuit from start to finish and It wasn't secret. Pueto Rico just had a referendum last week on whether to join the US as a state it was open. When did Secession that is an item in the united nation's provision for self determination became a thing of secret? Bros you got it all wrong.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Alariwo2: 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
It's not the separation that is difficult. But the refusal of a particular group to leave other people's lands.
Or you think igbos will stay back in other people's lands and won't get massacred if Nigeria splits today?

You people don't think deep.. The Yorubas that do, you lots are always envious of them.

You can't have biafra and still force unity on others.. It's not your call to make
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by WizBLANCE(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
in either way

none desire one Nigeria, at least for now we all hope something better than Nigerian leaders happens to us.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
Guy make e be later abeg. I don contribute to your post. Make others continue from here. We can fix naija and everybody go happy. By the time you get Biafra nw, another group within biafra go start shout dem want dia own country. But all d same I wish una luck.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
you are always refering to south Sudan,which represents only 1% of nations that have seperated and has internal problem.

Why not make reference to countries who have seperated and are living peacfully with booming economy. Eg old ussr, yogoslavia, ethopia, etc?
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:

This is fallacious ..there is no prove what so ever theoretically or practical wise that separation will bring peace and progress to any region ...

As far as am concern we have a perfect system

With the wrong leaders and this leaders come from every region ...so if we go our separate ways they will still be the ones ruling ( if u say new leaders will emarge ...why not test them now )

As far as am concerned ..the only solution to Nigeria problem is increased and efficient taxing system

We foolishly allow politicians misbehaviour cause the money they play with is not actually coming out from our pocket ...that's y u hear things like governor thank you for fixing our roads ...what nonsense

Imagine every Nigerian (average according to earning) pay a tax of 10,000 per month ...this 120k per year ...government will not have any excuse what so ever to fix things up ..cause if they don't u can't buy people vote any more

People will no longer want to vote my brother or my pastor or my tribe man ...he will look for who will give him most value for his 120k per year
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Dereformer(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
freshest4live:
OP restructuring is better than separation, the south south alone is so diverse and we are all brought together as one under the federation Nigeria, if you divide this country giving every so called marginalized group her so called freedom without bias, you would have at least 6-20 nations, and this is even in the best case scenario. I still do not see why we cannot fight for a form of true federalism and work it out.
And yes l am a unity beggar.

Thanks for your submission.

For so many years good people have called for true federalism, the north refused.

For so many years good people have called for restructuring, the north refused.

For many years good people have called for a form confederal arrangement, the north refused.

For so many years good people have complained about killing if southerners in the north, the north remained adamant.

For years Benue, plateau, and southern Kaduna people have been under the sledge hammer of the murderous Fulani herdsmen, the north kept quite only for a sitting governor to pay the killers not to cause problem again.

Do you know how many Ijaws have died in their quest to control the resources God gave them?

Do you know how many Igbos that have died in the north as a result of incidences that happened in far away Europe?

Do you know that the people that killed the Yoruba woman that went about preaching the gospel were discharged for want of evidence?

How many Igbos are in the Nigerian army today?
How many Ijaws are in the Nigerian army today?
How many yorubas are in the Nigerian army today?
Compare with the number of Hausa Fulani in the army.

Why should south east have only 5 states in Nigeria?

Why should kano and Jigawa alone have more federal representatives than the whole of south east?

why should kano have almost times two the number of Local government than Lagos.

Bros, the people holding us down will never let go.

So we must go our separate ways simple.

#referendumibelieve
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Duru1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Haba!!! How come scottish people own dey open;how come when Eritrea get independence from Ethiopia it was open; how come Pakistan own dey open? I followed the south sudan pursuit from start to finish and It wasn't secret. Pueto Rico just had a referendum last week on whether to join the US as a state it was open. When did Secession that is an item in the united nation's provision for self determination became a thing of secret? Bros you got it all wrong.

Only a fool will remotely compare the political situation in Great Britain with Nigeria as it affects Scotland and Biafra respectively. In case of Eritrea, it started war of secession even Biafra as Flt. Lt Andrew Nwankwo flew the helicopter carried Halie Selisse around Addis Ababa. During Nigeria/Biafra war in 1967, Eritrea was also in a war of secession with Ethiopia. Luckily for Eritrea, countries such as Britain that are bent on reserving its economic interest in crude oil have no use in the war as in Nigeria/Biafra war. Pakistan was mere British machination by allowing majority of Muslims in India to have their country. The same happened to Bangladesh and Nepal. The question you should ask yourself remains why is the case of Biafra and Nigeria always hyped with war? In fact, must we need referendum to go our separate ways? If I am to decide the issue of separation in Nigeria, it will be done on a dinner table.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
you are always refering to south Sudan,which represents only 1% of nations that have seperated and has internal problem.

Why not make reference to countries who have seperated and are living peacfully with booming economy. Eg old ussr, yogoslavia, ethopia, etc?
firstly you didn't read what you quoted. Read it again and see my position on south sudan. Secondly, you just like every Igbo person wants a prosperous nation pointed as an example of a break away republic that made it big. South sudan is just the latest to get their independence so it's a quick pick for an example. Again name that country that just got independence and didn't plunge into a deep leadership chaos or civil war that led to several deaths before getting back on its feet. Nigeria got hers in 1960 by 67 we were in a civil war. The great USA also sufferd the American civil war. It may sound dark and ugly but get biafra pass through the inevitable huddle of crisis lose a lot of citizens and get on the development track. It's a must bro. Leadership crisis naturally will bring the civil war.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by azimibraun: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Duru1:

Only a fool will remotely compare the political situation in Great Britain with Nigeria as it affects Scotland and Biafra respectively. In case of Eritrea, it started war of secession even Biafra as Flt. Lt Andrew Nwankwo flew the helicopter carried Halie Selisse around Addis Ababa. During Nigeria/Biafra war in 1967, Eritrea was also in a war of secession with Ethiopia. Luckily for Eritrea, countries such as Britain that are bent on reserving its economic interest in crude oil have no use in the war as in Nigeria/Biafra war. Pakistan was mere British machination by allowing majority of Muslims in India to have their country. The same happened to Bangladesh and Nepal. The question you should ask yourself remains why is the case of Biafra and Nigeria always hyped with war? In fact, must we need referendum to go our separate ways? If I am to decide the issue of separation in Nigeria, it will be done on a dinner table.
I bet you a significant number of Igbos are not down with this idea. Take it to a referendum and watch how much those clamouring for Biafra are in the minority. On a dinner table on behalf of everybody? Yet again you are wrong.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Dereformer(m): 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
azimibraun:
I bet you a significant number of Igbos are not down with this idea. Take it to a referendum and watch how much those clamouring for Biafra are in the minority. On a dinner table on behalf of everybody? Yet again you are wrong.

Then let's try referendum.

You will be amazed that no true Igbo will vote against Biafra.

Look at the sit at home protest, even some shops in the north and south west were locked up.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by freshest4live: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:

Thanks for your submission.

For so many years good people have called for true federalism, the north refused.

For so many years good people have called for restructuring, the north refused.

For many years good people have called for a form confederal arrangement, the north refused.

For so many years good people have complained about killing if southerners in the north, the north remained adamant.

For years Benue, plateau, and southern Kaduna people have been under the sledge hammer of the murderous Fulani herdsmen, the north kept quite only for a sitting governor to pay the killers not to cause problem again.

Do you know how many Ijaws have died in their quest to control the resources God gave them?

Do you know how many Igbos that have died in the north as a result of incidences that happened in far away Europe?

Do you know that the people that killed the Yoruba woman that went about preaching the gospel were discharged for want of evidence?

How many Igbos are in the Nigerian army today?
How many Ijaws are in the Nigerian army today?
How many yorubas are in the Nigerian army today?
Compare with the number of Hausa Fulani in the army.

Why should south east have only 5 states in Nigeria?

Why should kano and Jigawa alone have more federal representatives than the whole of south east?

why should kano have almost times two the number of Local government than Lagos.

Bros, the people holding us down will never let go.

So we must go our separate ways simple.

#referendumibelieve
I understand what you are saying, but the calls for restructuring have never been strong enough in my opinion, imagine lpob, Niger Delta militants, Arewa youths, all calling for restructuring, that would put pressure on the useless northern elites and they can't stand it. I just feel you lgbos do not want to be part of Nigeria at all cost and you believe by having a new name Biafra you enter your promised Land, it's funny though.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by freshest4live: 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dereformer:

Then let's try referendum.

You will be amazed that no true Igbo will vote against Biafra.

Look at the sit at home protest, even some shops in the north and south west were locked up.
The sit at home protest is exagerrated, many in the S.E locked up for fear of becoming pawns in a chess game between lpob touts and the Army.
Also there's nothing wrong in honoring the dead who lost their lives. If l were lgbo, l would honour them too without supporting lpob.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by Dereformer(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
freshest4live:

The sit at home protest is exagerrated, many in the S.E locked up for fear of becoming pawns in a chess game between lpob touts and the Army.
Also there's nothing wrong in honoring the dead who lost their lives. If l were lgbo, l would honour them too without supporting lpob.

Why won't you support IPOB? Pray tell me.
Re: If You Have A Conscience, Answer This Question by jumobi1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nigerians care about Igbos so much that they don't want Igbos to go their separate ways and suffer the same fate as South Sudan. Nigeria is even willing to go to war and kill Igbos in order to prevent Igbos from suffering the same fate as South Sudan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video : Masked IPOB Militants Threatened To Kill Buhari Today / Lagos State Governor Ambode 2015 Vs 2018 / Big Shock !! Nigerian Man Saw Another Egg Inside The Egg He Boiled ( VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.