Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. (1460 Views)

Hi Guys! Created A Signup Form Using HTML5/CSS3. Source Code Available. / Introducing Devsonar.com, a directory of Web, Android and iOS Developers / How Can One Build A Directory Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by furaoing: 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
I Created a Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites. I Need Advice from you guys to see what to improve next.

The site address is as follows:
http://www.nigeria123.net/
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
furaoing:
I Created a Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites. I Need Advice from you guys to see what to improve next.

nice, but no much styling, y?
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by classicdude1(m): 6:30am On Jun 18, 2017
Please can you add this site to your web site directory.

www.coolpythoncodes.com

Category - python programming
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by furaoing: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
bjhaid:
nice, but no much styling, y?
I figured out it would be good to keep things simple, since the site currently focus on directory only.
But well, you are right, it might be overly simplified, I'll try best to make it look better.

1 Like

Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by furaoing: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
classicdude1:
Please can you add this site to your web site directory.

www.coolpythoncodes.com

Category - python programming

Sure, I happened to write python programs in the area of data processing and machine learning. I'll find a way to fit your site in.
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by akinjuly77(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
You can also add Climaxbox Its a Digital/Internet Marketing company.
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by kanirip: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
I am very lazy and I hate writing reviews but I struggle to see any value add your site is presenting to me.
Am I missing something here?
A directory, believe it or not is more than a listing of website name and urls.
Even your search button is leveraging Google!
While the looks seriously needs attentions, I don't think the site a clear direction or focus. Even searching using the search button can not take me to the bottom of your site listing (I refuse to call it a directory).
When you are sure of what kind of directory you are trying to build then we can discuss improvements
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by silento(m): 12:49am On Jun 20, 2017
nice ideal but unorganized website

1.first the design is poor
2. categories poor presentation
3. no details of a website

my advise is :-

1. a next logo since it for finding other website

the logo need a magnifying glass after or before the nigeria123 or you can put the 123 inside the magnifying glass

2. you need two html div first for the 10 most visited website and second is for categories

3. inside categories each website will have a description of it if you click on it and a button to visit the website Ajax is your friend here

4.here is my Number 08161392463. whatsapp this

I will help you code and design the website if you want an assistant

and please other programmers and designer here contribute so that this kind of website can favour us all

nice work I love your ideals
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by furaoing: 1:51am On Jun 20, 2017
kanirip:
I am very lazy and I hate writing reviews but I struggle to see any value add your site is presenting to me.
Am I missing something here?
A directory, believe it or not is more than a listing of website name and urls.
Even your search button is leveraging Google!
While the looks seriously needs attentions, I don't think the site a clear direction or focus. Even searching using the search button can not take me to the bottom of your site listing (I refuse to call it a directory).
When you are sure of what kind of directory you are trying to build then we can discuss improvements

Thanks for the comment. I intend to make this site a tool site for others to find and access useful Nigeria portals and web resources. Imagine a person who are new to the Internet and want to explore popular websites in Nigeria, he must need to know where are them, google is a good tool but sometime it is hard to start especially if you don't have a particular keyword in your mind.
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by furaoing: 1:59am On Jun 20, 2017
silento:
nice ideal but unorganized website

1.first the design is poor
2. categories poor presentation
3. no details of a website

my advise is :-

1. a next logo since it for finding other website

the logo need a magnifying glass after or before the nigeria123 or you can put the 123 inside the magnifying glass

2. you need two html div first for the 10 most visited website and second is for categories

3. inside categories each website will have a description of it if you click on it and a button to visit the website Ajax is your friend here

4.here is my Number 08161392463. whatsapp this

I will help you code and design the website if you want an assistant

and please other programmers and designer here contribute so that this kind of website can favour us all

nice work I love your ideals
the description

Cool idea for the logo and I like your recommendation about the description thing. I'll try to make it happen. For the advice No.3, I get your idea of giving separating div for the category and the sites that belong to it, can I ask what are the benefits of it ?
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by silento(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2017
contact me on whatsapp so we can discuss more
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
silento:
contact me on whatsapp so we can discuss more
Can I also join u. I hv some ideas. This is my email: anefu65@gmail.com
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by silento(m): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
itzFANE:

Can I also join u. I hv some ideas. This is my email: anefu65@gmail.com

yes
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by mcqwerty(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
I think I have a pretty good idea of what you have in mind.

You have executed the idea poorly. Why do I know this? 'Cos I had a similar idea. wink
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
silento:

yes
Hw can I join
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by kanirip: 5:50am On Jun 24, 2017
furaoing:

Thanks for the comment. I intend to make this site a tool site for others to find and access useful Nigeria portals and web resources. Imagine a person who are new to the Internet and want to explore popular websites in Nigeria, he must need to know where are them, google is a good tool but sometime it is hard to start especially if you don't have a particular keyword in your mind.
OK, somewhat noble intentions. So your main issue is design. You need to layout the page in a manner that is not looking unprofessional, which it currently looks like. Developing a logo like someone above suggested but more importantly laying out your home page in a manner that ensures ALL your information is accessible.
I believe that would be the main issue when developing any directory service online; being able to showcase so much data within the layout of a singular Web page.
Additionally work with another search engine so that you can use that service rather than just use Google.
Best of luck and revert if you need any help.
Re: I Created A Directory Site For Nigeria Famous Websites, Need Advice. by directonpc(m): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2017
furaoing:

I love your design! Biko keep keeping it simple.

Work on the search sha... I know writing a good search algorithm can be tricky but start with something even if it's very basic.

And Biko add my site (I am not allowed to post the url here) under online community category.
Link on my signature.

(1) (Reply)

I Am An Embedded System Engineer Please Suggest Embedded System Idea / Please,Help Explain This Code In C / HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.