Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. (55123 Views)

Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by yummy2017: 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Women are naturally dumb
Did you say woman are dumb? If you have a mother and sisters you will not say that. Remember the so called dumb you mentioned raised you. Either you were adopted or not. Watch what say.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by yummy2017: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
Did you say woman are dumb? If you have a mother and sisters you will not say that. Remember the so called dumb you mentioned raised you. Either you were adopted or not. Watch what you say or write thanks quote author=Addicted2Women post=57642028]
Women are naturally dumb
[/quote]
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
praise1705:

good but don't you think leaving everything open makes one more vulnerable or people targeting a particular fault?
especially when you get something to protect not yourself personal but others under you who need protection

In all honesty I have nothing to lose keeping it real and having an open book policy as regards my life cos as I always say...I am an embodiment of truth in all ramifications.

If you see me ever respond to any mentions you will realize that it is never to curse back but to clear the air not because of the poster but others who may take my silence to mean the post is true and one hypocrisy I hate is the type omotayor displayed because if I never posted a screen shot of those articles I wrote years back,she would simply had believed that all I'm writing is because I want to vent my anger on an ex...is that not foolishness of the highest order?

It is because of my principle that purposely avoid any romance whatsoever with any nairalander since 10years of my membership cos I have a name and integrity to protect.

Let all these teenagers and toddlers rant till eternity I care less but once they cross that line,I will make it a duty to point out to them how foolish they are.

They are faceless but I'm not so it's my duty to always clear the air.

And by the way,what is the big deal even if I was married and now divorced? abeg are divorcees not qualified to give marital advice judging from the fact that they have been in that institution? so you see that many people just rant without common sense.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by MissIndependent(f): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by MissIndependent(f): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
Joy1706:
With all this 'wisdom', you couldn't keep your marriage. Maka why? And you expect us to take advice from a divorced/single male? Abegiiiiiiiiii
What has this got to do with his marriage? Is it a crime for one to be divorced?? Sentiments apart the points make sense I learnt from it just that it should be for both couples male and female. undecided

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by ImaIma1(f): 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Omotayor123:

Toks with all due respect, you're a Man and a Mature one at that. You don't have to reply to every mention. if that's how you retaliate to every insults offline, then I'm speechless.

Though, you may find some comments out of place and be tempted to reply, but really, it's not worth it.
Don't be surprised that most of the females you're trading words with are far below you especially in age.

This thread is yours, and you have made your point, it's left for the reader to agree or disagree, they are entitled to their opening.

But trading words with them, is below my expectations of you, I believe you're far mature and better than that.

I agree most of the commenters jump into conclusion without knowing your true story. Just waka pass and leave them to their imagination.

I pray you get married soonest, so all this ladies go get something else to talk aboutgrin grin
pls. STOP.

Have a Nice Day.

Really, not everyone is meant to give relationship/marriage advice. And people have a right to disagree. People just come out with different lists of dos and donts and expect everyone to take it hook line and sinker.
And sometimes age does not necessarily mean someone is wiser. Our National Assembly is a good example.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by MissIndependent(f): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
doyinbaby:
don't be a boring woman when you eventually marry,.....wear that bump short babe
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
MissIndependent:
What has this got to do with his marriage? Is it a crime for one to be divorced?? Sentiments apart the points make sense I learnt from it just that it should be for both couples male and female. undecided
The OP keeps addressing divorcees as failed people in majority of his post _ female divorcees though. I guess the male ones are eligible to give marital advice.

His points are okay all the same, with wrong choice of words.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by MissIndependent(f): 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
PaperLace:

The OP keeps addressing divorcees as failed people in majority of his post _ female divorcees though. I guess the male ones are eligible to give marital advice.

His points are okay all the same, with wrong choice of words.
Hmnn
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
ImaIma1:

Really, not everyone is meant to give relationship/marriage advice. And people have a right to disagree. People just come out with different lists of dos and donts and expect everyone to take it hook line and sinker.
And sometimes age does not necessarily mean someone is wiser. Our National Assembly is a good example.

The definition of "I disagree" in nauraland dictionary are hateful remarks,curses,attacks on your personal life and your persona. ..habba!

though I don't allow that to bother me but I do owe some people the responsibility to clear the air if the needs arises.

Nauraland and kiddy comments be like..

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by rossyc(f): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

Its progressive dearie..the insult starts from there but hardly noticeable until it gets too late.
I still don't agree with you..So by her male friends calling her by her maiden name her marriage will suddenly crash, like seriously? does she live with them? Makes no sense at all.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
rossyc:

I still don't agree with you..So by her male friends calling her by her maiden name her marriage will suddenly crash, like seriously? does she live with them? Makes no sense at all.

First and Formost you keep getting it twisted and I'm so amazed that most ladies also missed it. Please try and read again and this time from the first paragraph and slowly.

If you just met a guy as a married lady and you allow him to call you your maiden name then that is serious disrespect to your marriage.

If you don't understand this then I'm sorry I don't know what else to say.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by rossyc(f): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

First and Formost you keep getting it twisted and I'm so amazed that most ladies also missed it. Please try and read again and this time from the first paragraph and slowly.

If you just met a guy as a married lady and you allow him to call you your maiden name then that is serious disrespect to your marriage.

There is nothing like disrespect there, is her maiden name a taboo? How about ladies that combine both there maiden and husband's name. Whatever she chooses to answer or allow her male friends address her as has nothing to do with her marital life, it's just a name no big deal.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
You people should leave women alone and try to be good husbands. When a man bleeps outside, is very good, he won't destroy the marriage but when a woman does that, she is destroying her marriage. Is alright undecided
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Cinderella5(f): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

In all honesty I have nothing to lose keeping it real and having an open book policy as regards my life cos as I always say...I am an embodiment of truth in all ramifications.

If you see me ever respond to any mentions you will realize that it is never to curse back but to clear the air not because of the poster but others who may take my silence to mean the post is true and one hypocrisy I hate is the type omotayor displayed because if I never posted a screen shot of those articles I wrote years back,she would simply had believed that all I'm writing is because I want to vent my anger on an ex...is that not foolishness of the highest order?

It is because of my principle that purposely avoid any romance whatsoever with any nairalander since 10years of my membership cos I have a name and integrity to protect.

Let all these teenagers and toddlers rant till eternity I care less but once they cross that line,I will make it a duty to point out to them how foolish they are.

They are faceless but I'm not so it's my duty to always clear the air.

And by the way,what is the big deal of being married and now divorced? abeg am I the only divorcee who gives relationship advice? or am I not qualified to give one since I have been in that institution? so you see that many people just rant without common sense.
You are such an emotional creature, see how you are singing like a bird, you are even divorced. Being a divorcee isn't a crime but it means you are a failure, you failed to keep your home, you allowed pride and devlish ego get in the way of a God ordained marriage. Pls you can't tell women how to act when the ones you told your ex wife led to divorce. A wise man would have learnt from him mistakes but you are still preaching misogyny.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
I just read this from a lady on one great thread on nairaland.

sexybbstar:
You just spoke my mind.... They will open some threads and start spewing rubbish when it's obvious that the thread is talking about nothing but the truth

Shallow- brained ladies everywhere.
Just because their love life is trash, they start hating on every threads that speak about the things that are likely to be giving them a bitter love life. They will fail to learn the truth from a thread and start shouting and expanding their ass hole over sensible threads.

Very true so I guess I'm vindicated.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by eyinjuege: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2017
Toks2008:

It depends if you still bear your father's name as a married woman. Not all married women change their names after marriage for reasons best known to them. If you're talking of first names, there's still no big deal being addressed by your first names. It's your name isn't it?
A man you just met would only call you the name you gave him. If you give him your maiden name, that's what he will call you since he's not clairvoyant to even know your marital/maiden name in the first place.
I personally prefer to be addressed by my first name. Everyone calls each other by their first names around me.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by anneboleyn(f): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
In most ways the man, being the leader and head of the home, bears the greater responsibility for the success or the failure of the marriage. After all, if an organization is floundering, the observers would imagine that those running it are incompetent. True, a wife has a great responsibility towards the success of the home, but ultimately, most at times, the husband is to be blamed for a broken or failed marriage
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by emorse(m): 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
wadetaw202:

Calling your married female friend nickname is different from calling them their maiden name after they have married. Do you even know the meaning of maiden name? Why not go and check dictionary before making disgustingly annoying comment born out of ignorance here?
First off, your maiden name is not your first name. It is your surname before you got married (You can check your dictionary for confirmation) so it would be pretty unusual for anybody to call a married woman her maiden name.

Second off, I inferred from the OP's post that he actually meant "first name" as opposed to "maiden name". He can correct me if I inferred wrongly.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by emorse(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
rtnation:

Y skipping words when u re not flying? undecided

Y skipping words when u re not flying?
His post said PUBLICLY and u re here saying trash
Skipping words? How please? Friendship is not a private affair is it? Where were you when former President Obasanjo called former President Yar' Adua by his first name "Umaru" on stage during campaign? Where were you when President Buhari called former President Babangida "Ibro" in public? What name do you call Abike Dabiri? Help yourself please.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by emorse(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Toks2008:

You really need to read that point again.
I assumed that by maiden name, you actually meant first name and if so, it is purely personal. If you don't like it, stay off.

My friends and I are all on first name basis. The women only add "uncle" sometimes as a mark of respect and we do not have any problems whatsoever.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by emorse(m): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
rossyc:

Exactly..Please tell him.
He only shared his opinion and just like anyone else, he is entitled to it.

Thankfully, you share the same opinion with me. At least I can breathe easy knowing that I'm not crazy after all. wink wink

2 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Toks2008:

Are you sure you are a lady? cos for the first time I'm seing an objective comment on this thread.

And talking about maiden names with regards to male friends....let me enlighten you a bit.

There is a potential insult waiting for a married lady who allows HER MALE FRIENDS call her by her maiden name.

When you are addressed as MRS, or madam as the case may be, there is an unseen line of respect that will rarely be crossed but when a male friend starts calling you by name it is only a matter of time before they start treating you as a single lady...I can imagine you going with your husband and one male friend who of course knows you are married shouts out your maiden name please how will your husband feel?

Honestly I fittin't shout on this matter again.

let me tell you its because of the part of d world we are that's y all these stuffs matter. Mr or Mrs is not a sign of respect its a title and I never said friends could address u with ur maiden name I said first name I know too well what maiden name means after all God's name is God we don't call him Mr God and it doesn't mean we disrespect him. first name is cool in some situations , maiden name for a married woman is a total No No.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2017
Toks2008:

Are you sure you are a lady? cos for the first time I'm seing an objective comment on this thread.

And talking about maiden names with regards to male friends....let me enlighten you a bit.

There is a potential insult waiting for a married lady who allows HER MALE FRIENDS call her by her maiden name.

When you are addressed as MRS, or madam as the case may be, there is an unseen line of respect that will rarely be crossed but when a male friend starts calling you by name it is only a matter of time before they start treating you as a single lady...I can imagine you going with your husband and one male friend who of course knows you are married shouts out your maiden name please how will your husband feel?

Honestly I fittin't shout on this matter again.

yes I'm a lady
and yes I know maiden name is ur surname before u got married
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by rossyc(f): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2017
emorse:

He only shared his opinion and just like anyone else, he is entitled to it.

Thankfully, you share the same opinion with me. At least I can breathe easy knowing that I'm not crazy after all. wink wink
Lol...No u are not. Welcome to nairaland where some people try to force down there opinion down people's throat.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by ImaIma1(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
itzzhoneybee:

let me tell you its because of the part of d world we are that's y all these stuffs matter. Mr or Mrs is not a sign of respect its a title and I never said friends could address u with ur maiden name I said first name I know too well what maiden name means after all God's name is God we don't call him Mr God and it doesn't mean we disrespect him. first name is cool in some situations , maiden name for a married woman is a total No No.

The first name issue is more cultural/tribal than marital. It's mostly the yorubas that will see calling their first name as an insult. Maybe we should try to separate that.

Well except he means the maiden name. But i dont see people using their maiden names when the surname has changed.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by khiaa(f): 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
Truckpusher:
Toks2008 teaching our treacherous Nigerian girls how to keep that ass for one nigga all the days of her life. grin

So are you Nigerian men going to keep that sausage for that one special lady all the days of you life? grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Truckpusher(m): 12:02am On Jun 28, 2017
khiaa:

So are you Nigerian men going to keep that sausage for that one special lady all the days of you life? grin
In this part of the world men are champions though some of us do keep that sausage for one lady ,but again when you decide to keep that sausage for one lady. These ladies calls you all sorts of unprintable names ;
Ok !! Guys! keep digging , you can't finish it grin
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by khiaa(f): 12:12am On Jun 28, 2017
Truckpusher:
In this part of the world men are champions though some of us do keep that sausage for one lady ,but again when you decide to keep that sausage for one lady. These ladies calls you all sorts of unprintable names ;
Ok !! Guys! keep digging , you can't finish it grin

Lolgrin Any excuse to keep sharing that sausage. Where have you been, I miss beating you up. grin
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Truckpusher(m): 12:19am On Jun 28, 2017
khiaa:

Lolgrin Any excuse to keep sharing that sausage. Where have you been, I miss beating you up. grin
Beat me ke ? We all know Buncha is your wipping boy and not a veteran like me . cheesy

Back to the sausage , errrm ! Yes ! Any excuse to help womanhood after all you're three to one man in every country. cheesy
I seriously think men should be praised for overworking ourselves in the first place. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by khiaa(f): 1:02am On Jun 28, 2017
Truckpusher:
Beat me ke ? We all know Buncha is your wipping boy and not a veteran like me . cheesy

Back to the sausage , errrm ! Yes ! Any excuse to help womanhood after all you're three to one man in every country. cheesy
I seriously think men should be praised for overworking ourselves in the first place. grin

I bet you are one of the faithful ones when you are in love. smiley
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Truckpusher(m): 1:06am On Jun 28, 2017
khiaa:

I bet you are one of the faithful ones when you are in love. smiley
Faithful ke ! I've mastered the act . You can't catch me , you can suspect all you want but if you've got no evidence you've got no case. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Starves Me Of Sex / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.