Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit (1056 Views)

Kola Breaking Ceremony (Iwa Ọjị) Of The Igbos / 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa / How Come Obama Promotes Homosexuality But Doesn't Admit That He's A Homosexual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 12:54am On Jun 18, 2017
In their confusion, infusion and arising from pride and over estimation of themselves leading them to a series of saboteur maniac syndromes.
Igbos broadly divided other Nigerians into three broad categories. Those they hate, those they deride and those they fear. Those they hate are the yorubas whom they call traitors, tribalists and cowards. Yet no race in Nigeria have been more tribal than the lbos.
There are historical facts to prove this. If something is ten and igbos are not allowed to take 15, so that the rest of us can share minus 5, lgbos will cry marginalisation and label the rest us tribalists. However there is no race in this country that have been more accommodating of the lgbos than the Yorubas, there is no single igbo leader that did not grow up in the South West or is a beneficiary of Yoruba largesse.
Zik went to CMS GRAMMAR SCHOOL, Adolphus wabara went to AHMADIYA COLLEGE AGEGE, Ken Nnamani went to LOYOLA COLLEGE IBADAN, Ojukwu and Ekwueme went to KINGS COLLEGE, Okpara went to YABA TECH while Phillip Emegwali went to AQUINAS COLLEGE, AKURE. Even my brother Anadu went to IMADE COLLEGE OWO etc All major Igbo politicians cut their political teeth in the West. Their major religious leaders cannot thrive outside the West. Pastor Muoka, Pastor Ezekiel of Four Square and Okonkwo of TREM are examples.
I remember that after the civil WAR, Igbos who came back to ILE IFE were allowed TUITION FREE while the YORUBAS in NSUKKA were rusticated. Example is Pastor Adeboye. Yet lgbos reserve their greatest hatred for the Yorubas for reasons being that the yorubas refused to be dominated by the lbos to confront the North.
As to the label of cowardice, had there been any war between the yorubas and the lbos in which the lbos defeated the Yorubas? In the whole ancestral history of Ndigbo, which war has the forefathers or great forefathers fought? Any empire in their history? Yet the yorubas have worsted the lgbos four times in the political history of Nigeria.
As to the label of treachery, had there been any agreement the yorubas signed with the lbos and they reneged? The answer is no. Yet the yorubas have records of Igbo treachery on the two occasions they formed alliance with them. In 1964 to fight the federal election, the yorubas formed an Alliance called UPGA with the Ibos to be led by Okpara because major Yoruba leaders were in jail. There was an agreement that the election must be boycotted. The Igbos sabotaged it, went and contested election while the West kept to the agreement.
In 1979 the West went into alliance with the lbos and formed PPA - PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE ALLIANCE. Again Igbo sabotaged it so that they can produce Speaker house of Representatives. Who then is traitor? The second category are the Eastern minorities made up of present Rivers, Akwa lbom, Cross Rivers and Bayelsa. The igbos see them as subhuman with tidal brain. Until the creation of Rivers State by Gowon, no OGONI man can sleep on the hospital bed in Bori GENERAL HOSPITAL . As at 1977 only UYO ,PHC and CALABAR had electricity light. They were so underdeveloped by their Igbo overseers that you will think that you were in the Congo jungle.
Until Diette Spiff, there was no Ikwere named Street in Port Harcourt. To show how deep the derision is, the present Biafran agitatators changed the name of RIBISI (Phc) to IGWOCHA as if the IKWERES do not exist.
The third category are the Hausa Fulani. The igbos pretend to hate the Fulanis but the truth is that the Igbo man is subservient to them. Ignore the noise. There are historical facts to justify this. Zik served under BALEWA, EKWUEME served under SHAGARI and EKEREMANDU zoned the PDP presidency to the North because he wants to be the VICE PRESIDENT to a Northerner. After the civil war and OJUKWU was granted amnesty for his rebellion against constituted authority, he returned to Nigeria and he joined the Hausa fulani party (NPN) of those he accused of genocide against his Igbo people. It is Igbo tragedy that they hate and deride those who grow and sustain them while they cringe to those(the hausas) who kick them like balls. Igbos are the only race in nigeria that celebrate failure. In 1982, the igbos celebrated the defeat of biafra by welcoming ojukwu with fanfare on his return from asylum haven been granted amnesty by the igbo overlords- the hausa fulani. He revelled in the fanfare and promptly married FFK left over- forgotten the over 3million lgbos that died in the war and with many of them languishing at OJI RIVER CAMP.
The second celebration is the release of kanu with the most humiliating bail conditions ever granted an accused in the annals of Nigerian justice system. A bail conditions targeted at the entire Igbo race and granted by an Hausa Fulani judge. I could not believe that with all the noise, such bail conditions will be signed. But he signed and in his eagerness to leave kuje he abandoned his two conspirators in kuje. The bail conditions wiped out the Identity of the ibos and EKEREMANDU was made the enforcer of the conditions. FFK is a polemist like Femi ARIBISALA etc. They have the capacity to argue both sides of the same point. The igbos regard him as their hero just like Ayo fayose the Eze gburugburu the second. I hope very soon the by Igbo will not start blaming fayose as they blamed Awo for everything that went wrong with their prosecution of the biafran war.
I rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by MrIcredible: 1:05am On Jun 18, 2017
Lalastilala won't like this
Seun nko?

1 Like

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by oglalasioux(m): 1:19am On Jun 18, 2017
I wish the hunger to develop and be at par with the rest of the world in science and technology will override this age old Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo nonsense.

Can we just grow up a little bit? This ethnic bigotry will ruin us all.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by 0b100100111: 1:35am On Jun 18, 2017
Brilliant write-up!

A high percentage of them won't visit the thread cos they detest the truth!

My prayer is for them to get there Biafra and go in peace. Fed-up of frequent chest-beating, rants and victim cry!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by LionDeLeo: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:
Brilliant write-up!

My prayer is for them to get there Biafra and go in peace. Fed-up of frequent chest-beating, rants and victim cry!
You are not alone.

Almost everyone is waiting in the wings for that.

Tired and sick of too much rants and chest beating.

The issue now is that they seem not fully prepared to leave cos can't just understand why Kogi and Benue states are being included in the proposed NATION.

Thought part of the complain is that Nigeria has many ethnic groups and as such can't be called a Nation, so which nation is being proposed with inclusion of states with several ethnic groups? Pls, they should just focus on getting a nation and stop disturbing us,we are tired.

@op, very intelligent and comprehensive analysis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by Ayomideen(m): 3:08am On Jun 18, 2017
oglalasioux:
I wish the hunger to develop and be at par with the rest of the world in science and technology will override this age old Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo nonsense.

Ion think d OP is throwing jabs at d igbo people
He just stated d true facts
If he was been an ethnic bigot I think he would have made it clear
E be like say hin just say make e talk truth

1 Like

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 3:13am On Jun 18, 2017
oglalasioux:

Boss this ain't abt ethnic wars n d likes,their behaviors on nairaland made me do this
Any small tin Dem go don mention afonja like say dem no worse
I just decided to post this cos these people need to be told d truth(that's if they'll listen)
Deir own too much

1 Like

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 3:13am On Jun 18, 2017
Ayomideen:

Ion think d OP is throwing jabs at d igbo people
He just stated d true facts
If he was been an ethnic bigot I think he would have made it clear
E be like say hin just say make e talk truth
U garrit bruh
Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 3:15am On Jun 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

You are not alone.

Almost everyone is waiting in the wings for that.

Tired and sick of too much rants and chest beating.

The issue now is that they seem not fully prepared to leave cos can't just understand why Kogi and Benue states are being included in the proposed NATION.

Thought part of the complain is that Nigeria has many ethnic groups and as such can't be called a Nation, so which nation is being proposed with inclusion of states with several ethnic groups? Pls, they should just focus on getting a nation and stop disturbing us,we are tired.

@op, very intelligent and comprehensive analysis.

Thanks man
Never knew I wasn't d only one tired of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 3:15am On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:
Brilliant write-up!

Thanks bro
Ameen to ur prayer o
Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 3:16am On Jun 18, 2017
P.S this is just the truth not a hate thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by NothingDoMe: 4:15am On Jun 18, 2017
Hahaha. See them creating a post and inviting themselves to jump all over it early in the morning.

Some of you have no existence outside an igbo post. In fact of nairaland stops talking about igbo people many of you would go mental.

This is a one sided write up at best, focused on a few historical events that the OP wants to use to prove his point.

If Ojukwu didn't join the NPN you would accuse him of keeping hatred in his heart. Now that he joined, you called him a sell out.

If Ojukwu took poison instead of going on exile you would have called him a weak man. Now you say he is a coward.

Nnamdi Kanu was agitating with his radio station and you accused him of being uncultured and a tout. He was arrested and he came out to do it differently and you accuse him of being a pretender. That he shouldn't have left prison. Funnily the movement has started receiving emissaries from other countries along with international outcry against the crimes perpetuated against the IPOB.

This post created by the OP is a Testament to the seriousness of the movement. How many posts did you create on June 12? That day was one of the dullest on Nairaland.

I saw so many posts on May 30th that even spanned over 25 pages. As usually all of you were present to enjoy it with us. I can see you need more excitement. grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by labonita1(f): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Op you are looking for e-war

Nigerians should learn to respect and love one another. This nation is ours, lets not use tribe, religion and the mistake of the past to destroy this country.

1 Like

Re: The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit by starspray1: 12:21am On Jun 20, 2017
labonita1:
Op you are looking for e-war

Nigerians should learn to respect and love one another. This nation is ours, lets not use tribe, religion and the mistake of the past to destroy this country.

Tell that to d igbos always tribalizing every thread

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife / Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah / Kenya's Vice President's Daughter Marries An Igbo Man From Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.