Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss (28532 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good afternoon my big nairaland family...
I'm in peril right now...
My ex boss has taken all the joy and happiness in my life...

I recently got a job in a small law firm as a secretary with a small amount of salary for startup..
Just 2weeks ago, I noticed that my boss started growing cold towards me...
I searched myself several times to know if I had offended him in any way.... I was always punctual in my place of work, courteous to visitors, and always polite....
He went away on a trip, and sent a letter for me through mail that my services won't be needed any more that I shouldn't bother to come back...

I was shocked perplexed and everything bad thing you can think of...
cry
I am so sad... He hasn't paid me my 2months salary and he has said he won't be able to pay because of recent downturn in revenue in the office.. The first month he said this I continued working because I felt he will eventually pay... Now he has retrenched me, I'm hopeless....
I have borrowed things on credit hoping to pay when he pays me... Now I'm severely stranded...
I am so vexed right now....
I know I can't afford a lawyer to sue him but Karma is surely my strengthhold...
I'm really tempted to expose the firm.. But you will never know when it could come back to haunt you...

In this life I will surely make it against all odds... Nevertheless all enemies of progress like my former boss and plenty more that are coming

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
don't do that bro , I had similar issues with my former boss till I resigned, funny thing is he kept sending me insults for daring to resign. one day I saw his copies of his landed properties and sensitive documents on my flash drive which he had borrowed to use, he called at that same moment to insult me again, I gave a laugh, disconnected the call, told myself I was bigger than such payback and deleted all the documents.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
don't do that bro , I had similar issues with my former boss till I resigned, funny thing is he kept sending me insults for daring to resign. one day I saw his copies of his landed properties and sensitive documents on my flash drive which he had borrowed to use, he called at that same moment to insult me again, I gave a laugh, disconnected the call, told myself I was bigger than such payback and deleted all the documents.
I'm a lady....
The man in question has taken it upon himself to frustrate my life.... Imagine working diligently for 2months and still receiving nothing for my efforts...
It pains... It really pains

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by dayleke: 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lady,
Is there all to it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by rossyc(f): 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Sorry dear, Karma is a bitch and will surely haunt him.

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by dayleke: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
I mean, was there any friction between the two of you?
How was your work performance?
Were you hired as a favor to please someone?
Any sexual undertones?
Or maybe he couldn't just afford your services or he needs to put someone closer (like family) there; not that it is right thou.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by maxwell767(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:
I'm a lady....
The man in question has taken it upon himself to frustrate my life.... Imagine working diligently for 2months and still receiving nothing for my efforts...

Move on with ur life sis, consider ur efforts as Charity to less privileged..
Let him (ex boss ) be, CUs he does not determine ur future, u survived when u were unemployed at first why wont u survive now...

One thing I can guarantee you is what goes around comes back around.. It may not be now, it may not be from u.

Cheer up with this song lyrics;
"no matter what they take from me, they cant take away my dignity......"

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
dayleke:
Lady, Is there all to it?
how do you mean sir
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Mustay(m): 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
I think you just need to vent and you have done this here. The guy had already given you hints, he can't afford you anymore but you still persisted with faith.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by cassidy1996(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
sorry, GOD is with you

2 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by WAECDirectOrg: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
Some bosses eh... if you can, sue him else he will try that shit with another person

3 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
Mustay:
I think you just need to vent and you have done this here. The guy had already given you hints, he can't afford you anymore but you still persisted with faith.
given me hints?
I actually thought he was passing through some physiological stress and will change... But how wrong guy I was... Giving me hints without paying me my 2months salary, fully knowing how I struggle to keep body and soul together

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
WAECDirectOrg:
Some bosses eh... if you can, sue him else he will try that shit with another person
I can't... And because he knows I can't afford to sue him, he resorted to doing what he did...
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
dayleke:
I mean, was there any friction between the two of you?
How was your work performance?
Were you hired as a favor to please someone?
Any sexual undertones?
Or maybe he couldn't just afford your services or he needs to put someone closer (like family) there; not that it is right thou.
1not at all sir... I have always been careful to avoid anything that will annoy him,..
2I don't think my ex boss will get another performance from another person like me... I put in my best, in everything...
3I don't think so... I believe my 2'1 in mass communication could have landed me the job...
4Maybe he had something for me but couldn't voice out... And even if he had voiced out I could have bluntly told him no.... And no and no again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Mustay(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:
He hasn't paid me my 2months salary and he has said he won't be able to pay because of recent downturn in revenue in the office..The first month he said this I continued working because I felt he will eventually pay ... Now he has retrenched me, I'm hopeless....
I have borrowed things on credit hoping to pay when he pays me...
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by SoNature(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:

I recently got a job in a small law firm as a secretary with a small amount of salary for startup..
I searched myself several times to know if I had offended him in any way.... I was always punctual in my place of work, courteous to visitors, and always polite....
He went away on a trip, and sent a letter for me through mail that my services won't be needed any more that I shouldn't bother to come back...

cry
I am so sad... He hasn't paid me my 2months salary and he has said he won't be able to pay because of recent downturn in revenue in the office.. The first month he said this I continued working because I felt he will eventually pay... Now he has retrenched me, I'm hopeless....
I have borrowed things on credit hoping to pay when he pays me... Now I'm severely stranded...
I know I can't afford a lawyer to sue him but Karma is surely my strengthhold...
I'm really tempted to expose the firm.. But you will never know when it could come back to haunt you...

In this life I will surely make it against all odds... Nevertheless all enemies of progress like my former boss and plenty more that are coming

Please google the address of National Human Right Commission or Nigerian Labour Congress office or Trade Union Congress office close to you. Pay them a visit and lodge your complaint there.

That maga must pay your money or sign documents, stating the date he plans to pay it if you are sure you did not violate the company policy which warranted your outright dismissal.

My fear is that if you listen to the leave-it-to-God crew, your boss would keep doing this, believing he would get away with it. But if you teach him a hard lesson, next time, before taking such actions he would think twice.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by oseka101(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
I feel your pain sue his sorry ass anyways I don't know maybe the lawyers can cook up something for damages and unlawful termination am sure he would want too settle outside the court which will help u avoid the cost of long litigation.... .am not a lawyer but I have seen too many law movies... Enough to make me a chief judge..... grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by hillsway(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:
I'm a lady....
how much is the salary for 2months?

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
wicked people everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by joyAA(f): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
Àyaaa cry cry
I totally understand your pain
Karma issa big bitch
Just move on
Keep working hard
In fact pray for him, forgive him...

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by comtem2011: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:

cry

Hmm, almost same thing my former boss did to me, though he was paying me before, all of a sudden, he refused paying me when I was pregnant with my son then till I went for leave, he didn't bother to make up till I put to bed. My son is now almost two years, and he didn't bother to pay my several months salary till now. Anyways I leave him to God, and I know that his children will suffer same thing, cos he denied me from buying things for my son. and that aspect really pained me.

To even say, he is a Muslim o. I have called severally, begged him as if he is to loan me, still nothing is done. Some fellows are just born to be wicked. I have moved on and I know my God will fight for me because its my sweat. Considering the distance of my location to the office then. God dey sha!

Just move on my sister.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by R3B3L(m): 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
U stated dat it's small salary so just move on since 2 months isn't too long. Hope u find sumtin better.
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
hillsway:
how much is the salary for 2months?
30,000 know monthly... Making it 60,000 in total...
I know it's not much..
But what I can't forgive is making me work hard for him and not paying me... After I had unashamedly narrated my story to him...
I have several debts I am owing with the hope that I'll pay when I receive my salary...
Dear, this life is so unfair to some people

1 Like

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by lifeispeace: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
comtem2011:
Hmm, almost same thing my former boss did to me, though he was paying me before, all of a sudden, he refused paying me when I was pregnant with my son then till I went for leave, he didn't bother to make up till I put to bed. My son is now almost two years, and he didn't bother to pay my several months salary till now. Anyways I leave him to God, and I know that his children will suffer same thing, cos he denied me from buying things for my son. and that aspect really pained me.

To even say, he is a Muslim o. I have called severally, begged him as if he is to loan me, still nothing is done. Some fellows are just born to be wicked. I have moved on and I know my God will fight for me because its my sweat. Considering the distance of my location to the office then. God dey sha!

Just move on my sister.
life is always unfair to us...
But karma is definitely there for us
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by comtem2011: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:
life is always unfair to us...
But karma is definitely there for us
My sister, my appointment was not terminated o till now. Unless there is no God, if truly God exist, that man must not go unpunished.
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:
I'm a lady....
I understand my dear but you have to move on .
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by espn(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:

cry

are you sure u did nothin wrong?.. We all face challenges..Keep your head up..Keep pushing hopeful..Life goes on
Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by poppop: 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
lifeispeace:
I'm a lady....

How long did you work at the law firm? Are you based in Lagos?
Please leave vengeance aside.
A Chinese proverb says "he who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by juri: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Don't let things like this go. If not for you, at least for someone els because he is bound to repeat this. If its a law firm, then take your complain to the Nigerian Bar Association. I can assure you something will come out of it.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Jflex07(m): 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
Why not apply for this Npower, it's also 30k, little it maybe,but you won't get to work so tirelessly, and you still get paid while looking for a better job..May God see you through

4 Likes

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Millz404(m): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Don't let people take you for a ride, this goes beyond just d money but how badly u were treated.

Write him a formal demand letter requesting your salary payment for two months, giving him a duration to pay up. Lace that with constant calls, even if he is not picking, and text messages, just to let him know you are serious about getting what you earned.

Send the letter to him on whatsapp if he is active since whatsapp has a read receipt and keep your own copy.

Stand up to people, don't let this one slip into the "leave it for God crew". When another misgiving bigger than this happens, you will still not be able to face it

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss by Miraxzeebility(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? / Shell To Sack 10,000 Workers - Capital Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.