Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Do Young Female Graduates Really Knows What Is Hustling - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Young Female Graduates Really Knows What Is Hustling (562 Views)

Nysc Bans Uam ,bsu Graduates From Service / Young Female Copper Buried In Her Nysc Uniform In Rivers State (photos) / Request For Youth Corpers & Fresh Graduates To Resume At Our Ikeja Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Young Female Graduates Really Knows What Is Hustling by begwong: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
----------------------------------------------
DO YOUNG FEMALE GRADUATES REALLY KNOW WHAT HUSTLING IS IN NIGERIA?
----------------------------------------------
I watched a short video this morning from a friend that showed a female corper harassing a young man and it just reminded me of a nasty experience I had with a female corper when I was hustling as a taxi driver in 2013 from Shendam in southern plateau to Jos. 6 youth corpers all dressed up in their regalia, probably travelling to Jos for a screening or something that required all of them to be present as parks were filledup with corpers on this particular day. I was very excited to have 6 passengers (all Jos-bound in the trip). My happiness however was short-lived as one of them (a female corper who sat behind began to nag ceaselessly right from the park on why they were jampacked in my car. Her harsh words at me were particularly unforgettably piercing as she repeatedly kept referring to me as "this illiterate taxi driver". She kept lamenting and emphasizing the fact that it is lack of exposure that makes "this illiterate taxi driver" to jam "us" (them) like this, sighting how only 2 to 3 people are usually loaded in the back seats of taxis in Abuja. The nagging continued all through from Shendam till we got to Mangu (one hour latter). I incidentally decided to tune my car stereo to peace FM 90.5 as I presumed signal reception would then be clear. My action this time again attracted more insults from the same nagging female corper who Kept re-echoing how "illitracy" was responsible for my refusal to tune the radio on from the beginning of our trip till then. In her words: "this illiterate no know say Wetin we dey pay include the radio too?". Like the illiterate she thought I was, I kept so quiet like I don't understand a word in English.
Incidentally, a live radio program centered on youth unemployment was running in the station and the speaker on radio kept hammering on the fact that graduates must learn to humble themselves and engage in menial jobs for survival instead of waiting for white-collar jobs. My arrogant and nagging female corper could not just hold her peace as though she was the only human being in the car that could talk. She retorted back at the speaker on radio as though he was hearing her: "That man is very foolish for speaking like that, does he know what it takes to train or be a graduate?". At this, I lost my cool and broke my silence with a subtle question:"young lady, what does it really take to be a graduate that you seem to be the only one who knows?" Wow! This was like David throwing an open challenge at Goliath. This time, her voice was much higher and repeatedly, she kept screeming "shut your mouth illiterate!, what do you know". The other corper seated next to me in front immediately tapped me and used his finger to seal his lip as though saying "ignore her and concentrate on driving the car safely". I quickly regained my calm and shut up as though obeying her instructions. However, I decided to do something that shut my nagging corper up till we got to Jos. I just told the corper sitting next to her to help me remove a Brown parcel envelope from the seat pocket and remove all its content, (incidentally, my photocopies were always with me then incase I meet up an opportunity on my way). I then handed my driving licence over to him and told him"check the names on all those certificates and compare same with the name on the license and picture on that license and show your neighbour to verify if they all belong to me- "her illiterate taxi driver". He carried out the task happily and did extra by showing same to other corpers in the car as though he loved the practical reaction. The last person to check the content of the envelop while comparing same with the driving license took over my case as though assigned by me. He started by telling me "oga, so you too nah senior graduate nah him you allow this idiot wey no know Wetin be hustling to dey insult you since?", He continued "I belief say the time wey you wear this uniform, she still dey secondary school sef" at this the girl shouted "God forbid, he then turned to her, "tell us the truth- if you you were not still in secondary school 10years ago?, to this question, she kept quiet. Her silence was perpetual till we got to Jos about an hour latter. She sat down for the remaining part of our trip as tough beaten by rain.
This encounter has ever since provoked some questions in me Like:
(1) Do young Nigerian ladies really know what it is like to hustle for survival?
(2) Is everyone engaged in menial job really an illiterate?
(3)... Add your own question please and wish all Nigerian fathers Happy Father's day..
(Chris Da'es)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Young Female Graduates Really Knows What Is Hustling by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
She was just rude and being stupid.

1 Like

Re: Do Young Female Graduates Really Knows What Is Hustling by torres89: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
one person does something
the next thing is the whole Nigerians behave like that

mtcheww
Re: Do Young Female Graduates Really Knows What Is Hustling by missioner(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
sure, they know.
just that its not like that of men.
I've seen a number of graduate unemployed ladies.
But you know most ladies settled down just after graduating/serving and that conceals the effects of joblessness.

(1) (Reply)

See What Is Going Down In Lagos And Abeokuta In November / For Coppers In Rivers State Or Those In Camp / Google Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.