Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35567 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by CizNetwork(m): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by dcollinzo: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
I hope we dont realise its too late before we take out amodu!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by vislabraye(m): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nigeria was not fantastic neither was Ghana. They were thrashed 3 0 i maean 3 1 but for that penalty thatwas not deserved. It would be a tough match and Ghana will come heavily on us, but we'll get at them, this is not just being optimistic. They also have their flaws,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by skynylaw: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
luck is part of the game…Ireland should be in the world cup but the hand of Henry knocked them out…at the end of the day, a win’s a win, if Amodu goes on to win the WC una go still dey complain say him team no play attractive football? when UNITED won last season did they play attractive soccer? chelski under the special one too no dey play attractive soccer AND when greece won the euro cup in 04, they did it playing anti-football why naija pple dey run down the eagles now? let Amodu reap the fruits of his labour thus i say let him take us to the world cup; luck’s a part of the game and amodu’s a lucky coach besides, come world cup time, the team will be much better but we shld support them and stop running them down!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Africason(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
Immediately Ghana realized most of their regulars(1. M.Essien, 2. Muntari, 3. Appiah, 4. Pantsil, 5. John Mensah, 6. L. Kinston, 7. Annan, 8. Agogo) were not going to be at the ACON, they were wise enough to draft in 7 of those victorious U-20 team to bloody them for the future!

These are the names of the Seven U-20 drafted into the full Ghana team with 4 of them regularly making the first 11 in this tourney and 1 as sub thus far:

1. Inkoom
2. Agyeman badu
3. Opoku Agyeman
4. Ayew
5. Adiyah
6. Osei
7. The second GK(I forgot his name)

So you see, instead of Naija drafting some of the younger players and blooding them for the future, they chose to to stick with these lazy fat slobs! Ghana is giving its young ones experience inorder for them to step up to the plate when need be. FUTURE, FUTURE folks!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
Africason:

Immediately, Ghana realized most of their regulars(1. M.Essien, 2. Muntari, 3. Appiah, 4. Pantsil, 5. John Mensah, 6. L. Kinston, 7. Annan, 8. Agogo) were not going to be at the ACON, they were wise enough to draft in 7 of those victorious U-20 team to bloody them for the future!

These were the names of the Seven U-20 drafted into the full Ghana team with 4 of them regularly making the first 11 in this tourney and 1 as sub thus far:

1. Inkoom
2. Agyeman badu
3. Opoku Agyeman
4. Ayew
5. Adiyah
6. Osei
7. The second GK(I forgot his name)

So you see instead of Naija drafting some the younger players and blooding them for the future, they chose to to stick with tjese lazy fat slobs! Ghana is giving its young ones experience inorder for them to step up to the plate when need be. FUTURE, FUTURE folks!

How true. Then again does Amodu hvae forsight at all. He prefers guys who are warming the bench to locl active players and under 17/20 players who have proven they have the drive to succeed,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by RBiafra: 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
i voted ghana to reach the final because i know the young black stars will beat the se silly
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Marymos: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
Amodu is the Mourinho of Africa.Playing rubbish but getting result.Which one do we prefer?Is it to play entertaining football and loose or playing good football and loose?It is glaring that Amodu made a mistake by going to the Nation's cup with some player who has no business in Angola.Is unfortunate that there is little or nothing we can do about it now but what i expect NFF to do if Amodu will be the person that will take us to the world cup,the choice of his players should be scrutinize so that people like Aiyegbene,Yobo,Kanu,Yusuf and Obinna Nsofor who has no business with super eagle will not find their way to South Africa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by deb(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nigeria all the way even if we play badly my patriotism will never make me concede victory to Ghana. Nigeria all the way
2-1 in favor of Nigeria.

i voted ghana to reach the final because i know the young black stars will beat the se silly

I don't expect anything less from a biafrian.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naijaswag1: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nigeria can only win Ghana if they understand and appreciate the enormity and urgency of tomorrow's match.They have to reverse the trend which which has made them the weeping boys in the greatest football rivalry aside Egypt-Algeria war like matches in modern day African football.The Ghanaians are playing for pride and patriotism.In terms of class and quality of individuals,Nigeria has got an upper hand.However,tomorrow's match is like pitching David against Goliath who is determined to topple the giant.I hope they get their house in other because the way they struggled against Zambia portends danger for Nigeria.Amodu will be the biggest loser tomorrow if he plays one man up from as he did in the last match.What happened to our traditional 4-4-2.This is neither club football or friendly match where you come to experiment or play defensive game because give or take one team must win and move on to the finals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eddiebomba(m): 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
Honestly, sometimes i get disgusted at the habitual pessimism, hypocrisy and the feigned lack of patriotism we show as Nigerians. The same critics who carpet the team and coaches for lack of technical and tactical ability (which, looking at the evidence, is partially deserved) will be the very ones giving the players high ratings and singing the praises of Shuaibu Amodu if - God forbid for such critics - they win the nations cup angry angry angry. Amodu has disappointed us in many ways, but he has not failed us in the sense of giving us the results we crave. Tell me, for those of us club fans, if Man Utd, as bad as they are now - and still in the title race! - go on an 8-match winning streak of 1-0 wins, will you say the team is bad? Will you say Greece of 2004 were a bad team because they won most of their games 1-0 on their way to winning the trophy (which might just be the case with our team)? Why do we seem to constantly berate our own in order to be proved right? is being right necessarily equal to being happy? I'm not saying I'm in support of Amodu - I'm as unimpressed at the performance of the team as the rest of us are - but please lets be pragmatic and start looking for what's right with the team and then do more of the same, and don't judge Amodu on bad results that he hasn't [yet] gotten.

As for the match today, I think it'll be tough, but there have been tougher matches than this, and i hope our boys win
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by charsoso: 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
Ghana vs Nigeria hmmmn,well nigeria might just win it if, you can follow my views on premiership,la-liga and some other review and controversy on Tevez and Adebayo and if you are a madrid fan,the truth is waiting for you there at
www.goal2post..com
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eddiebomba(m): 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2010
skynylaw:

luck is part of the game…Ireland should be in the world cup but the hand of Henry knocked them out…at the end of the day, a win’s a win, if Amodu goes on to win the WC una go still dey complain say him team no play attractive football? when UNITED won last season did they play attractive soccer? chelski under the special one too no dey play attractive soccer AND when greece won the euro cup in 04, they did it playing anti-football why naija pple dey run down the eagles now? let Amodu reap the fruits of his labour thus i say let him take us to the world cup; luck’s a part of the game and amodu’s a lucky coach besides, come world cup time, the team will be much better but we shld support them and stop running them down!

True talk
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ochukoccna: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
[size=38pt]Please God, I will not over sleep again if they sack Amodu.[/size]
[size=48pt]ROFLMAO![/size]grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Smi1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
The Super Eagles must play the up coming match with all their heart if they are to win the title. also you can't predict on what those young ghanians players could do, they are very fast and with a very steady pace. I hope the Super Eagles will cause a smile on our face.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ochukoccna: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2010
[size=28pt]If Ghana beat us with U20 boys, it means we are finished as a football nation .[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by deb(m): 4:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
Will you reduce your fonts? Moderators please note abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rozu4luv(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
dreeeeeeam dream dream dreeeeam dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeam
well this is football anything can happen
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Azigiza: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
@skynylaw,@marymos, @eddiebomba, Greece, Man U, and Chelsea under Murinho might have played unattractive football, but they certainly do not or never played rubbish football. There is a biiiiig difference. They played effective football, and purposely adapted that style of play. Do not try and make comparisons with that style of play with SE. The SE play rubbish and clueless football. The coach is clueless drunken clown. Its simply down to luck of the draw and the fact that Zambia were pretty much woeful infront of goal, that we find ourselves in the semi-final.
Of course i want the SE to whip the BS of Ghana, but lets not decieve ourselves into believing that they know what they are doing, or have adapted a particular style of play. Please be serious, !!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by afrobaby(f): 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
whatever , either by luck or by fate or by experience or by talent or by juju, we will win
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by namdo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
experience the surprise on thursday. oldman sense on the ball go show grin

i cross fingers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mastalee(m): 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2010
I believe Nigeria will win
the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by goodass(m): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
ghana all d way naw. wat has changed since dat frndly wia dem beat us soundly?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ochukoccna: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2010
deb:

Will you reduce your fonts? Moderators please note abeg
[size=18pt]And what is wrong with that? Abi NL dey ban large fonts?[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2010
ochukoccna:

[size=28pt]If Ghana beat us with U20 boys, it means we are finished as a football nation .[/size]
I hate to hear this. Who asked them not to bring their main team? A team that has Asamoah Gyan(played and scored in WC 2006), Annan(played in ANC 2008), Mattew Amoah(a top rate striker in Germany and has ANC experience) is not senior enough? No excuse abeg.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2010
Fun, fun, rivalry as Eagles face historical rival:

A funny thread on Ghanaweb: http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=116267&start=15
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by 4truelove: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2010
Ghana is not dat too solid wit de boy as compare 2 2008 team. I only pray super eagles 2 xcell because 2 be honest we are realy Super dis time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Kob: 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
Haha, naija people! Ghana all the way, we will be smiling, smiley God bless Ghana

please play the old men, Kanu (74 years), Yekini (89), Siasa (66)

GHANA ALL THE WAY
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by whiteroses(f): 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2010
Kob:

Haha, naija people! Ghana all the way, we will be smiling, smiley God bless Ghana

GHANA ALL THE WAY
kofi kob or whatever, this is for you lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLOF0ZnI4E4

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Iyineda(m): 12:52am On Jan 28, 2010
Kob:

GHANA ALL THE WAY

Cool strory, bro.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 1:58am On Jan 28, 2010
I would be watching it, I hope Nigeria does not lose this one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by bandely(m): 2:59am On Jan 28, 2010
Jarus:

Fun, fun, rivalry as Eagles face historical rival:

A funny thread on Ghanaweb: http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=116267&start=15

OMG! shocked shocked cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Usyk: Size Don’t Matter, AJ Will Fall Like A Pack Of Cards / Messi Criticized By The French Media / Arsenal FC Ladies Unveils Oshoala (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.