Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? (11674 Views)

Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / See Couple's 11-year Old Poem Book That Has Helped Their Marriage / Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by luminouz(m): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:
I learnt so many things which has shaped me into adulthood and these include:

1.Nothing like love between a man and a woman

2.The best boyfriend can become the worst husband

3.Make your own money as a woman and buy what you need for yourself by yourself.

4.Do not be overly excited about gifts given to you by a lover.It may no longer be yours when quarrel sets in

5.Marriage is for societal reasons alone;to be a Mrs title holder and earn respect

6. Do not be fast to give relatives money or assist them financially.If they ask you for money,say you don't have but buy good things for yourself,let them see you have it.

7.Do not be soft minded,do not be too caring,too nice to a man...Men don't appreciate such women and you will be taken for granted

I am glad I learnt these lessons from my brutal father
a terrorist husband and unfriendly enemy!

I will never make the mistakes of my mother.

Thank God I never sent u a PM! Ur a killer in d making!!!!
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by anambraamaka: 8:34am On Jun 19, 2017
Nothing he was a rolling stone
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by luminouz(m): 8:36am On Jun 19, 2017
Sterope:
The bolded does not mean shit. People marry from their tribe and die within a short space of time too. What should we call that? Your dad was a bigot. It is difficult to believe but he is what he is. Embrace it!!!

Y don't u go to heaven n shout it in his ears? Efulefu!!!! undecided
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Orpe7(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2017
Dont be a polygamist like him
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Sterope(f): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2017
He is a bigot. Deal with it!

luminouz:

Y don't u go to heaven n shout it in his ears? Efulefu!!!! undecided
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Sterope(f): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2017
Are you saying she shouldn't learn from her experience?

luminouz:

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 19, 2017
Looking back I learnt absolutely nothing from him. Even in death he wasn't still a father to me
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by missyadorable(f): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2017
eitsei:
what about your husband or baby daddy? He does not deserve your love?

I am not stupid.
I am not ready to suffer
My husband deserves my respect,not my love
The moment I start loving him,he will deal with me
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Deepsky(m): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2017
he will always say to me,"mind the kind of people you mingle with "
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by missyadorable(f): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2017
luminouz:
Good,you didn't. Because I don't respond to PMs
Killer in the making? Well,I wish I am Wouldn't hesitate to kill my father
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by holatin(m): 8:58am On Jun 19, 2017
imma2:
To be very honest, Nothing.

My mum and dad has been separated for approximately 12 years. He has been beclouded by hatred for her that it has ultimately transferred to us without him been conscious of that fact.

I hope he finds his way to light and happy fathers' day to him.
same here man. though mine is 17 years. always wish I could erase the memory of those years we lived together funny enough now they are friend.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2017
optional1....
and
ednited

where are you cheesy what did your dad teach you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by revolt(m): 9:00am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

3.Make your own money as a woman and buy what you need for yourself by yourself.

4.Do not be overly excited about gifts given to you by a lover.It may no longer be yours when quarrel sets in

5.Marriage is for societal reasons alone;to be a Mrs title holder and earn respect

6. Do not be fast to give relatives money or assist them financially.If they ask you for money,say you don't have but buy good things for yourself,let them see you have it.

7.Do not be soft minded,do not be too caring,too nice to a man...Men don't appreciate such women and you will be taken for granted

was ur mum truly an angel? Have u ever listened to his side of the story ? What drove him into rage. Find out. You're going to suffer in marriage or kill an innocent man at this rate. Better still forger about marriage cos society doesn't need more kids with this psyche.

My thoughts

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by mechanics(m): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2017
He his hardworking, very diligent in the things of God and also at his place of work but now retired , he his also a servant of God, truthful and honest, up till now, he do advice me to serve God faithfully and be honest in the place of work.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by eitsei(m): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

I am not stupid.
I am not ready to suffer
loving him will make you suffer? How is that?... Respect is part of love you will definitely respect someone you love and I think that's why you agreed to marry him

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by holatin(m): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2017
honest, trust me apart from the prophet there is no one as honest as my dad, he lost a lot due to his honesty and punctuality, the guy can reach an 8:00 appointment at 6. over punctual dey Im body and those are the too thing I learn from him apart from DAT all others are big No No
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by susiivy: 9:14am On Jun 19, 2017
i learnt from my dad to be hardworking and dilligent to show love no matter how little thier are boundaries to things in life too much of everything is bad Never trust friends,Their is nothing like best friend. Be contended,Dont let anxiety take away the true joy.
we miss u ,best daddy
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by revolt(m): 9:16am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

I am not stupid.
I am not ready to suffer
perhaps thrs some hope in marriage after all. As long as ur not insolent there'll b peace. But feminist warrior will kill the man n get battered
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Seun(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

I am not stupid.
I am not ready to suffer
Is your husband a psychopath? Most people won't "deal with you" for loving them. What does that even mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by bomsilaga(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2017
Contentment
Fearlessness
Stubbornness
Never to promise a woman marriage until you are sure
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 9:25am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

oh this is serious are you kidding me?

if that's what you learnt. hmmmmm you need to reformat your brain their are WONDERFUL men that can give you the best of love
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Duru009(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2017
My father taught me how to work hard, he says if you work hard your brothers and sisters will be your servant!!

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by imma2(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2017
holatin:
same here man. though mine is 17 years. always wish I could erase the memory of those years we lived together funny enough now they are friend.
I pray that they become friends at least even though my mum has moved on. My dad sure knows how to keep a grudge.

My mum, precious soul.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 9:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Warlord3000:
NOTHING...... he was never there... a typical rolling Stone...

guess the lesson is to do exactly opposite of what he did and my kids will think am a superhero wink

wow some dads are like that

but you've got to find a role model elsewhere and be a superdad

and teach your kids something they will remember you for

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Benbisco(f): 9:53am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

I am not stupid.
I am not ready to suffer

Honey pie; P-L-E-A-S-E, whatever happened in your childhood btw ur parents is in the past. I can completely relate with your points because I grew up with such a father and my childhood days are better imagined than experienced.

Just let the hurt go. Forgive him and let him know you have. Pls LOVE ur husband and shelf the idea that loving him will make him deal with you. Do not look at him from the angle you looked at your dad while growing up. All men are not the same. I trust your husband does not have even 0.001% of ur daddy's attitude because if he does you wouldn't have married him.

2 Likes

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by yogun(f): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:
Fathers Day: what did you learnt from your father, that has helped you in life?

Father’s Day – June 18, 2017

Father’s Day is a special day in the world to celebrate fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the significance of fathers in society. In Catholic Europe, it has been feasted on March 19 (St. Joseph’s Day) since the Middle Ages. This celebration was carried by the Spanish and Portuguese to Latin America, where March 19 is usually still used for it, though many countries in Europe and the Americas have adopted the U.S. date, which is the third Sunday of June. It is feasted on various days in many parts of the world, most usually in the months of March or May. It complements similar celebrations honoring family members, such as Mother’s Day, Siblings Day and Grandparents Day...
https://happydays-365.com/fathers-day/fathers-day-june-18/

as we celebrate this years fathers day, I want you to share what you learnt from your father, that has helped you in life?

for me this has kept me going from my dad

"Life is short; make it count."

If nothing else, he always encouraged me to just be me. “At the end of the line, you only have who you are. Be the best version of you. People will respect you for it.”

Nothing...
Absentee father
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Broderick555: 10:10am On Jun 19, 2017
well,nah only one thing nahim i learn from P.man o E say make nor expect some body to give me any thing.as in make I dey hustle by myself
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by bigiyaro(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2017
In all honesty, i learned nothing from my father, he was on his own while my mother, me and my siblings are on our own. I only knew that he spent his money on other women and on himself alone. though he was physically present, he was absent in all other ramifications. Anyway we are all grown now and he is old and wants to bond but, that is no longer possible. to be fair to him, i learned that, a man should put his family first and investments both in the children and finance should be a top most priority.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by remi1444: 10:37am On Jun 19, 2017
discipline, hardwork,consistency and dedication to God,he blives THE BLESSING OF JAH IS WHAT MAKES RICH.... till date that man would always wake around 1a.m just to put food on the table. God bless you Dad for the sacrifices you've made just for me.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by kpaofame: 11:17am On Jun 19, 2017
egopersonified:
what ever you do for others, you do for yourself. Found out later it was all about karma and seedtime and harvest.

Same with my father....Do unto others how you want them to do to you.... He believes if everybody follows that code there wont be problem in the world..
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by stilldoingokay(f): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

hmmm
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by luminouz(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Sterope:
He is a bigot. Deal with it!

No! U deal with IT!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Is Very Unappreciative / Fire Kills Five Children In Lagos / Is Your Wife's Money 'her' Money And Yours 'our' Money?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.