Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? (11683 Views)

Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / See Couple's 11-year Old Poem Book That Has Helped Their Marriage / Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by luminouz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

Good,you didn't.
Because I don't respond to PMs

Killer in the making? Well,I wish I am
Wouldn't hesitate to kill my father
Kill him?? Oh GOD I thank U!!! No PMs to these NL girls anymore! They psychos mehn!!!!
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by ednited(f): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:
optional1....
and
ednited

where are you cheesy what did your dad teach you cheesy

Many things like. . . .to always run for my dream and he showed me his support and appreciation for all my works. He have played a very big role for all the little success I have. I just gotta pray to God to return his support by a big success.

I love my dad♥♥♥ LONG LIVE♡♡♡
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Alimiyemi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=robosky02 post=57636526]Fathers Day: what did you learnt from your father, that has helped you in life?

Father’s Day – June 18, 2017

Father’s Day is a special day in the world to celebrate fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the significance of fathers in society. In Catholic Europe, it has been feasted on March 19 (St. Joseph’s Day) since the Middle Ages. This celebration was carried by the Spanish and Portuguese to Latin America, where March 19 is usually still used for it, though many countries in Europe and the Americas have adopted the U.S. date, which is the third Sunday of June. It is feasted on various days in many parts of the world, most usually in the months of March or May. It complements similar celebrations honoring family members, such as Mother’s Day, Siblings Day and Grandparents Day...
https://happydays-365.com/fathers-day/fathers-day-june-18/

as we celebrate this years fathers day, I want you to share what you learnt from your father, that has helped you in life?

for me this has kept me going from my dad

"Life is short; make it count."

If nothing else, he always encouraged me to just be me. “At the end of the line, you only have who you are. Be the best version of you. People will respect you for it.”
I am unable to learn anything from him, for he's gone b4 I was even born....miss him though
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
ednited:

Many things like. . . .to always run for my dream and he showed me his support and appreciation for all my works. He have played a very big role for all the little success I have. I just gotta pray to God to return his support by a big success.

I love my dad♥♥♥ LONG LIVE♡♡♡

I see a daddy's girl cheesy

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by ednited(f): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

I see a daddy's girl cheesy

Actually, girls have more close relations with their dad, and boys kinda be mama's boy. This always surprise me. . .

tho, how do you define your dad?
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nna mu onye oga diri nma... he thought me to be truthful and loving and to be patient with people. that part of been patient at all times is what am still learning.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
ednited:

Actually, girls have more close relations with their dad, and boys kinda be mama's boy. This always surprise me. . .

tho, how do you define your dad?

every one calls him daaaddy

he cares for too many children even those that are not his kids

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
@Oyindidi

what have you learnt grin
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by ednited(f): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

every one calls him daaaddy

he cares for too many children even those that are not his kids

It is kinda sad that some people only take Mothers day serious. There are kids who have their mom but not their dad around while they were raised. Lots.

And there are some dad who raised their kids being as a mom and as a dad to them. These dads need to be given the biggest credit. Not all dads are the same but some are special!

Lets wish 'em a happy father day grin
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
missyadorable:

Doesn't matter as long as I love myself,my son,mum and siblings

my dear, its really hurting U ooooooo

Pls don't take too long before U start healing Urself. Or U can turn to God to heal U.

I am speaking from experience dear.

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by iamrealdeji(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
not to mind evil friends do to me and not payback,I should just move on with life
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Omoluabi16(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
A whole lot I learnt. I'll forever cherish his hardwork and sacrifices for us. I learnt contentment, humility and truthfulness. Taught me never to lie even in the face of death. Thank God I don't tell lies today. Miss him so much.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Oyindidi(f): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

@Oyindidi

what have you learnt grin
He passed on when I was very young.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oyindidi:
He passed on when I was very young.

oh so sorry

don't worry your husband will play the dual role cheesy
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Oyindidi(f): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

oh so sorry

don't worry your husband will play the dual role cheesy
I follow his generous ways. The man was very generous. The only thing I can't give out is life.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oyindidi:
I follow his generous ways. The man was very generous. The only thing I can't give out is life.

I have not receive your generosity grin

just kidding thou

but the best you can make of life is to be a "giver"
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Oyindidi(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

I have not receive your generosity grin

just kidding thou

but the best you can make of life is to be a "giver"
You ain't close grin

My generosity dey bring wahala for home grin
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oyindidi:
You ain't close grin

My generosity dey bring wahala for home grin

I don't understand what do you mean by not close?
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Oyindidi(f): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

I don't understand what do you mean by not close?
I av not seen you in person
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by limamintruth: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
His inestimable love for his family.
Happy Fathers Day in arrears dad!! kiss
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oyindidi:
I av not seen you in person

closeness is not by proximity but connectivity cheesy
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Oyindidi(f): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:

closeness is not by proximity but connectivity cheesy
Come town joorgrin let me see your face from afar. grin
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by optional1(f): 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
robosky02:
optioal1....
and
enited

where are you cheesy what did your dad teach you cheesy

He taught me to be alwayz real and be truthful even though they are cutting my throat.
And alwayz appreciate people no matter how little the gesture may be..

Love you robosky02 kiss kiss
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by charlsecy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
NairalandSARS:
Learnt nothing from him. Will try my best to not end up like him.
You learned how to not be like him.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Sterope:
The bolded does not mean shit. People marry from their tribe and die within a short space of time too. What should we call that? Your dad was a bigot. It is difficult to believe but he is what he is. Embrace it!!!

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by holatin(m): 5:24am On Jun 20, 2017
imma2:
I pray that they become friends at least even though my mum has moved on. My dad sure knows how to keep a grudge.

My mum, precious soul.
my dad too lack patience, hold grudge too, then am the only one who live with him so the hammer of that shared hatred fall heavily on me. now we just greet and some little chat.

seems some relationship are just fated to be rough and awkward. I thank God I turn out little bit well.

we can't choose our parent, thank God for what we have, pray for what we want and hope for better things.
later man

1 Like

Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by emerged01(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
tete7000:

Sorry bro, be to your children what you wish your father was to you. That's how to wipe out the bad memory. Good luck!
Thank you!
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 03, 2017
Seun:
Is your husband a psychopath? Most people won't "deal with you" for loving them. What does that even mean?

Love the wrong person and watch him/her "deal with you" in ways words cannot express.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2017
Deseo:

Love the wrong person and watch him/her "deal with you" in ways words cannot express.

.....and love the right person life is beautiful grin
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
robosky02:

.....and love the right person life is beautiful grin

That's the conundrum, that we do not throw diamond at pigs.
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by robosky02(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Deseo:

That's the conundrum, that we do not throw diamond at pigs.

so all... are pigs
Re: Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
robosky02:

so all... are pigs

All the wrong ones are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The True Elder Between The Twin Kids? / Is Your Wife's Money 'her' Money And Yours 'our' Money?. / Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.