Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? (2165 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigeria - My country.

I pledge to you my dearest Country

To be faithful to you. Loyal to you and VERY honest with you..

I will serve you with my God given MIGHT and STRENGTH if it wouldnt labour me too much.

I shall Defend your intergrity; Unity and also uphold your HONOUR & Your Glory..

So long as I live & May GOD help me Implement all these PROMISES to you!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This piece will be devoid of any biase whatsoever. Just the truth and nothing but the truth as it appears to me..

Contributions from all will be Appreciated. Perhaps it will spur or excite some right thinking in us and might lead us to re-tracing our steps where we erred.

Thanks greatly

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
The labours of our dearly departed heroes shall not be in Vain. What Contributions or impact are we the living making in Improving the lots of Nigeria??

Some people have laboured dearly for the unity and progress of this great Country in the time past. Some say its, 'Giant of Africa" . But I say "its the Sleeping or Slumbering Giant that needs to be reawakened to the realities unfolding now."

The else while Minister of Agriculture; laid a fantastic foundation for Agricultural Development Agricultural Transformation Agenda in the area of turning CASSAVA INTO AN INDUSTRIAL CROP that it can be.

Then came the CASSAVA BREAD, High Quality Cassava Flour & then the breaking of the Fertilizer racket or Agro Imput Cabal. where are those initiatives again?? Cassava bread has dissappeared completely!

Who is responsible The minister or we the populace or some wheat cabal somewhere??

Cassava became the in thing.. Recession even helped The matter.

Garri per tonne now is N150,000 & Above
HQCF per tonne now is N100,000 and above
Starch per tonne is equally priced at N120,000 per tonne & above.

Everyone wants to own a cassava farm now including the youths who are very impatient.

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
What the youth wants

The youths strictly wants a better tommorrow. Period!

1. They want access to trainings, mentorship and Incubation of their entrepreneural skills.

2. They want increased knowledge. An all round skill. They want Capacity development.

3. They want inspiration. They want to take after someone. They want a better role model to look up to. Where are those role models??

4. They want access to financial services or supports. This could be a loan or a grant. Personally, give the youth a loan and see him prove himself. Give him a grant and watch him lose his head. The loan challenges him to do more. He achieves more. An interest free loan at that! Dont spoil him. Give him a 9-% interest loan and let his certificate be his collateral. He will excell. You doubt this??

Wake up my friends Smell the coffee! The world have moved on..

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
In order climes of the World??

Farming is fun. Farming is cool.

But what do we have here??
Farming is labourous.
Farming is risky.
Farming is expensive.
Infact, farming is not Cool.

If you must do Agriculture now, Do it smartly!!

How do you do it?

1. Deploy irrigation: It enables you to farm all year round.

2. Seek Knowledge First: Seeking the right knowledge on GOOD AGRONOMIC PRACTICES of your intended crop or animal you intend to raise.

3. Form Partnership: Leveraging on other people's good skills and ideas can save you lots of head and heartache a great deal. Partner with those with good field and practical knowledge to act as guide. Never test the depth of the water with your two feets.

4. Save Cost as much as you can: Try and keep your expenditures down as much as you can..

5. Create your niche:: Note you can not be in all places at once. Calve your niche. Know your core area of expertise. Focus in that segment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
Why labour using hoe & Cutlasses??

There are simple machines suited for weeding and slashing..

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
Why plant using your legs or cutlasses??

Seeds or grain planter helps get the work done faster and better. No waste of land and other resources.

A good planting population is a first step to productivity. Its not by how big but how well

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
Why digg labouroursly

Use a Auger..

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
What does the farmer wants

1. Improved Government Policies: If you must ban certain categories of imported item; ban them OUTRIGHTLY. Policy sommersault is a great challenge. A lots of people have invested in rice Paddies now. Hope they will not open the borders to cheap imported rice at the time of harvest.

2. Increased knowledge: the farmers need modern skills. The extension services are weak greatly. But I see a great opportunity in this segment. Youths and fresh graduates can tap into this gold mines. Not necessarily on a large scale. You start small to grow big.. Ask me how if you care!!

3. Access to Steady Income: Farmers want steady income like the Civil Servants. He can get that if he takes it as a business where he factors in every money and effort utilised and compares it with the money realised. Thereby, blocking leakages and strategizing for more productivity. More yield per hectare without robbing the bank

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:06am On Jun 19, 2017
What does the Government want

1. Government wants increased private investments in the agri-business sector..plantation, farming estates, cluster farms, agro product processing centres.

2..More tax income: Rural Farmers are usually relunctant to want to pay taxes. Governments need those taxes like oxygen. Give to ceasar what is ceasar's while ceasar is alive.. pay your tax now!

3. Job creation & Employment: Your new business will employ and some other persons. Those few people you have productively engaged will later be useful to themselves and society. An idle mind is the devils workshop.

4. GDP GROWTH: Yours and mine invariable adds to the gdp index. Start something today. Government needs that business or farm or enterprise like presently.

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:13am On Jun 19, 2017
What does the SMEs want

Small and medium Enterprises are the engine of growth in any Economy. An Anti-SME government policies will leads to the destruction of that Government.

SMEs want the following:

1. Secured Market / Increased Access to Market.

2. Increased turn over/ Sales.

3. Access to financial supports.

4. Increased capacity building. Train up your staff and harness properly their bundles of talents

5. Increased efficiency

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:32am On Jun 19, 2017
What does the big Corporations wants??

1. Increased Volumes

2. Increased and secure supply.

3. Timely delivery of agro produce

4. Cost reductions

5. Improved policies & Government Supports

6. Increased produce quality

7.increased flexibility in local chains

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:41am On Jun 19, 2017
Lets look inward. We are a gifted people. Mechanization is the way forward to food sufficiency and security.

Im working on this abandoned 4row planter. Despite not having engineering background. Its taking shape and should be completed by end of June 2017

Improvise.. adopt.. adapt foreign initiatives to solve our immediate challenges.. peace

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:43am On Jun 19, 2017
Taking shape

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Business ideas on what you can export of our agro produce

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:52am On Jun 19, 2017
Why not think value addition..dearth of ideas is our main challenge and not the government!!!

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:53am On Jun 19, 2017
No more complains. What do you want

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:54am On Jun 19, 2017
Even more. Dont just look. Research more

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Even more idea

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:56am On Jun 19, 2017
Pawpaw farming.. a money spinner too

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Growing quail birds for meet and eggs. Very medicinal egg. Grow for self and sales

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 12:59am On Jun 19, 2017
I sell irrigation accessories. Perhaps you need irrigation for large fields

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:03am On Jun 19, 2017
Cocoa plantation..

Maize farming..

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:05am On Jun 19, 2017
Tomato farming

Water melon farming

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:07am On Jun 19, 2017
Start that agribusiness. Free consultation available.. 08050323434

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:08am On Jun 19, 2017
You could start with sack farming behind your house

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:10am On Jun 19, 2017
Green pepper

Habbanero

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:11am On Jun 19, 2017
Value addition you can try your hands on

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:14am On Jun 19, 2017
Are you a proffessional??

Do you wish to have another stream of incomes??

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:18am On Jun 19, 2017

Agricultural equipment hiring. A money spinner.. ( free consultation available on this if you are interested in investing in this idea call 08050323434)

Ridger

Cassava planter

Tractor

Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:29am On Jun 19, 2017
What do we really want??

The land is green here. The land is fertile. Nigeria is blessed beyond measures..Our individual resolves will lift Nigeria out of its economic woes..

What happened to the Groundnut pyramids??

What happened to the Cocoa Plantations??

What happened to our oil palm plantations??

What happened to our sesame??

What happened to the Ofada rice farms??

What took Abakaliki rice off the markets.??

The resources are there.

Lets retrace our steps..Back to land.
Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:41am On Jun 19, 2017
Is funding your own problem

I have heard it countlessly where people say Funding is their challenge. Trust me dearie, your greatest challenges are 2 in number:

a. Dearth of Idea/lack of ideas
b. Knowledge Gap.

Lack of idea: idea rules the world before knowledge took over from him. An idea. A positive & worthwhile idea is worth more. A person with a fantastic idea that is bankable if backed with a business plan will not involve himself in any Illegality like Kidnapping for Random or fraud or armed robbery.

Knowledge gap: That project you are complaining that availability of funds is your challenge in starting or executing. Do you really have the prerequisite knowledge??Do you know your way through to be able to generate your spent fund, recoup it back with interest.

25% and above interest rate can only fuel a cocaine distribution channel, it's too expensive for agriculture.
Re: Nigeria, Nigerians.young & Old. What Do We Really Want??? by saliubello(m): 1:44am On Jun 19, 2017
Is funding your own problem

I have heard it countlessly where people say Funding is their challenge. Trust me dearie, your greatest challenges are 2 in number:

a. Dearth of Idea/lack of ideas
b. Knowledge Gap.

Lack of idea: idea rules the world before knowledge took over from him. An idea. A positive & worthwhile idea is worth more. A person with a fantastic idea that is bankable if backed with a business plan will not involve himself in any Illegality like Kidnapping for Random or fraud or armed robbery.

Knowledge gap: that project you are complaining that availability of funds is your challenge in starting or executing. Do you really have the prerequisite knowledge??Do you know your way through to be able generate your spent fund, recoup it back with interest.

25% interest rate cannot fuel a farm where okra, cassava and garden egg is farmed but where Cocaine and opium is farmed

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be Successful When It Comes To Brooding Poultry Chicks / Nigerians Dont Know Agriculture Is As Lucrative As Crude Oil! See How.. / Villagers Trap And Kill Dangerous Leopard That Killed Nearly 100 Livestock(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.