Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary (37991 Views)

Soldier Makes A Police Officer Frog-Jump For Threatening Him (Video) / Man Stabs His Boss To Death Over Unpaid Salary In Ondo / Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Abbotp: 11:46am On Jun 19, 2017
This is crazy!
You mean the madam has the guts to arrest her?

WHY NOT JUST PAY HER OFF?

Someone needs to take up this case!!!!!
I hate intimidation

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Freshbaba95(m): 11:47am On Jun 19, 2017
That's I hate the sales boy or girl work, all they do is to exploit those boys and girls. And still yet, they will still delay payement.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by popsyleo1: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Nigerians please let us contribute and help this poor girl out. Exposing her to the life in Nigeria prison will make her turn bad at the end. Please who has her family contact or contact of her next of kin. Let us assist. The story touched me. She is struggling to survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by walex2(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2017
OK. Tell me if the girl is out of this, her heart will not be weakened by this kind of injustice.

Simple pay her her 6k and won her against threatening her employer

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by ImaIma1(f): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2017
So instead of paying the girl 6k, she prefers to go through all this police involvement and publicity. There is some fowl play somewhere.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by OlujobaSamuel: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2017
hmmmmmmmm, about 98% is sympathetic to the girl's plight, seeing the rot in our legal system, however almost this same set of sympathizers will abuse anti corruption agencies for trying to prosecute our crooks, we then remember our religion, tribe, party, etc.
no technicalities here to take the lady off the hook
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by agbonkamen(f): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2017
joe4real12:
The Magistrate sef...
How person wan take pay 50k from 3k earned.

Injustices everywhere for Naija
Honestly i shear tears each time I see injustices when it comes to common man.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2017
kunletexs:
abeg shut up there!! if you are the gentle type, you can be owned for life, but there is cause and effect, so she threaten but why? her right was denied her so if she THREATEN it is because of the effect she was put into, so before you join discussion, examine your iq and see if it measure up to the expected rating before commenting

go and eat shit

why cant the madam call the girl and pay her off and tell her not to come near her again rather than use the police, she is a useless socialite and this are the ones that would be seen donating in their millions for charity but charity at home is a question. to the judge and police who arrest her, shame on you!

oga writer, you need to watch "police goes beyond the call of duty" on youtube to understand that policing in nigeria is backward and the entire police force should be taking to the amazon forest to adapt with the forest not in a civilized country. of course nigeria is still a backward nation

As I said, she is within her rights to demand for her wages and fair treatment.

The problem started when she issued threats against the person of her employer, which can be considered a violation of the Criminal Code.

That is where the problem is.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Originalsly: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Is she really owed N6000?...... we don't know if she worked the full month. She left for the village.... how long did she actually work before leaving?...maybe just 4 days that's why she was paid N3000. But the charge is correct.... the heavy bail is bad.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2017
ebby9z:

No doubt, threat against life is a crime. But for an helpless girl like that, at least the system should have provided her with a lawyer who could have argued down the bail condition. it's highly unreasonable. Moreover, judges have the discretion to avoid turning a sane girl to a hardened criminal in jail.

Agreed 100%...however in this era of 'Evans and company'...and 'Boko Haram' , all threats to life have to be taken seriously. (The young girl may have even committed an offence against the Criminal Code part five).

Wonder if the National Human rights commission and the Industrial Court could help. That's what they were set up for.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kjhova(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
frenzydilz:
Don't know how the story really happened. But it is obvious that Adeola woman is wicked. She owed the girl over half of her wages and refused to pay. It's just 9k! And those sales girls labour Monday-Thursday. People wey sabi contact police. In the end they'll settle the police with over 6k.
The girl shouldn't have threatened on phone though. But she is a kid. Desperate times

My good friend, except Nigeria is located on planet Mars, an 18 years old lady is not a kid. She is a full grown adult woman who is legally bound to her commitments and duties as well as entitled to her rights under the laws of the Federation of Nigeria.

She threatened bodily harm and endangerment of the complainant and the complainant's family. She put this on record by sending it as SMS. Now there's no ignorance before the law and she will have to face the law.

Many of us don't know how many times we break the law daily and how one's life can be so easily thrown away from such ignorance. Mere pointing a finger at someone and saying you will deal with the person can put you in Kirikiri for a year if that fellow knows the law and choose to follow through with an accusation. I know someone who spent months in kirikiri for slapping a neighbour at a borehole!

As for the bail bond amount of N50k, this is not about the N6,000 the accused is being owed by the complainant. It is the minimum bond to post bail for an accused under the charge.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by phorget(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
kullozone:
Poverty is bad. Just imagine what the poor suffers in the hands of the rich.... Though she committed an offense, the stupeed madam is just wicked.

Only N6000 oh!
She committed an offense for asking what belongs to her?
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Koolking(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
winkmart:

At the station, she admitted that she sent the text messages and explained that she worked for Adeola but she refused to pay her. However, the police insisted that she committed an offence and charged her before the court under the Criminal Code.

The presiding Magistrate, Mr A.O Ogbe granted her bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum. She was remanded in prison custody pending when she will perfect her bail condition.

Unfortunately, this is the plight of naive young people trying to make both ends meet in the cities especially Lagos. My little sister would work for 50days as a beautician before she get paid her N40k salary for the previous month. She works even on Sundays. On top of that, the woman emotionally abuse the girls working for her. If she stops the work at the end of 30days, it means forfeiting her pay for the 30days she had worked.

She does not want to quit. She believes she can take it, until she can raise enough money to rent her shop. The fear of the next madam being the worst is holding her back.

What's the moral justification holding back the wages of your workers who served you? And you find out that these madams are the most vocal in preaching the word of God. They fail to recognise that the same God admonished us to owe no man nothing but love.

There is no justice anywhere. The laws grind the poor and uphold the highest bidder. The girl acted out of frustration, while the magistrate acted out of place for N6000 debt. The woman has been getting away owing her workers, she is stark wicked.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by castiello(m): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

That girl should be really punished..for being insensitive.

Why should she threaten her madam Over unpaid salaries..
Doesn't she know that we are in a recession.

I give up on your stupidity you are an animal in human skin I feel sorry for your existence

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by platodeen(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=pweshboi post=57652808]hmm she was owed 6000 Naira and asked to pay 50,000 Naira for bail while our politicians will steal for example 50 million Naira and asked to pay 5million Naira as bail condition. I throwey salute to our judiciary system ooo. this girl Wey dem suppose give community service and if she's to be fined she should have been fined not more than 20000 and enlightened about her actions cos I'm sure she was ignorant. [/quote.

How u wish dat wat am about saying is communicated to d madam n her oloriburuku boyfriend ice f judge
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
joe4real12:
The Magistrate sef...
How person wan take pay 50k from 3k earned.

Injustices everywhere for Naija
a country where someone wil steal 500m and pay 500k for bail and another wil steal 5k only to b charged 100k for bail. Naija is a joke jo

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by nsamchizzy: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
The heartless madam can't Pay the poor girl her 6k but had enough to call the police.

Issorite!

In mama peace voice

Diaris God oh
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kullozone(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
phorget:

She committed an offense for asking what belongs to her?

Nah! Asking wasn't the offense, she shouldn't have threatened her boss(former) through text.
You know naija police likes it when the rich arrests the poor.... Always an easy case for them.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Enoquin(f): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
solelymade:

Kids will rather see who wore it better, read abt Kim kard, Beyoncé, engagé stupid tribal arguments and all scallywags nonsense. The funny thing is that has u can see them here, they remain kids even when the number requires they turn adults and embrace a responsive life.

The girl clear committed a crime, Assault. She is clearly an adult, 18. She clearly hasn't grow a bit or learnt anytin from the society, a complex one as Nigeria. She should have walked into a nearby police station, tend her case and the police would have invited her madam by just calling her on phone.

Sadly she's learning the hard way.

Your summation and that of @fearlez is funny and at the same time not so. If you both think that all Nigerian kids have smart devices with which they can connect to the internet much less know who Kim Kardashian is, then you both might not live in Nigeria and if you do, live only amongst the affluent who have no idea how the rest of Nigeria lives. Just so you know, there are many - adults and teens who do not have any idea about the internet much less how to navigate it.

Also, going to the police station is not something many people want to do; most poor and unenlightened folks see the police in another light.

She is just another average Nigerian teen with no idea on how to go about her ordeal and then resorting to threats after I am sure much pleas or several neutral messages had been sent with no effect. I wish she had been educated instead of being thrown in jail.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by tabisegroup(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
DONFRANSKID:
God punish the madam and the judge

I didn't want to comment yet..I decided to go thro some comments to see if I wouldd see a meaningful one first..God bless you.
While reading the story, I was fumed and almost threw my phone away in anger. How much would she use to open and close a case file at the police station and the court? Compared to the N6,000 she's shamelessly owing a teenager that she suppose to sponsor in the tertiary institution (while working for her)...can she treat her own daughter that way? If i see the woman, I'll threaten...Infact I'll kneel down to God in prayers now (unless the girl has been accused with clear evidences of stealing the madam's money)...if i be a child of God and it's God that wrote in His Holy book that a worker deserves his/her wages even before Sun set,..if that woman refuse to pay that girl her balance before Wednesday this week ..I curse that shop to run dry...the same humiliation she's puting that innocent and someone's daughter through in the police station ..her daughter must pass through same.. I give her between today and Wednesday to pay the girl her balance..else all these will happen to that woman..except I'm not the servant of the most high God.
Come and arrest me here in Abuja!

3 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by solelymade: 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
MediumStout:

Shut ur rotten Gob. Wicked souls. You think naija police will go arrest a madam just because of 6k debt? Obviously u live in mars. If the madam happened to be the one that issued threat against the poor girl do you think she will be in jail? This is because justice in Nigeria is for the highest bidder. An hungry poor girl will say anything out of frustration to get her 6k salary. We don't even know if she's supporting her home from the peanuts she's earning.

I hope you take a different approach to demand your pay if faced with similar situation. Use the same tact like the girl, you will face same dilemma. Just use some sense, not to much to ask.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kunletexs: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
which wrong did she commit? if the woman has given her the money before now would she have threaten? please even in court there is the law of cause and effect and this girl has not even done the effect, she only threatened, the madam should have waited for her to see assassins on her door step or worst before she knows there is law of karma, abeg, she did no wrong, let the woman pay?

or in your dictionary, delaying or refusal to make payment of your salary, is a crime? oya answer mumu!!

axglide:

Can we help this girl? We know she acted wrongly, but she should be educated and given community service. Leaving her in jail to perfect a bail condition of N50,000 is evil and wicked.

Why na?
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by phorget(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
kullozone:

Nah! Asking wasn't the offense, she shouldn't have threatened her boss(former) through text.
You know naija police likes it when the rich arrests the poor.... Always an easy case for them.
It's just a pity she found herself in such a mess though.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by DLioness(f): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I tink u ar a slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Ifebazz(m): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
bentlywills:
FTC in a new week grin grin

Good things re coming grin

Just threat the woman dn call police.....forgetting she is the one who needs to arrested

In your bid to comment first, you forgot your sense of grammar.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kunletexs: 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
ma, are you a lawyer because from you writeup you seem to be someone who is cool headed and calculative, seriously if you have read my comment to the same idiot that you replied it is far not calm at all, please borrow me that calmness please

Enoquin:

Your summation and that of @fearlez is funny and at the same time not so. If you both think that all Nigerian kids have smart devices with which they can connect to the internet much less know who Kim Kardashian is, then you both might not live in Nigeria and if you do, live only amongst the affluent who have no idea how the rest of Nigeria lives. Just so you know, there are many - adults and teens who do not have any idea about the internet much less how to navigate it.

Also, going to the police station is not something many people want to do; most poor and unenlightened folks see the police in another light.

She is just another average Nigerian teen with no idea on how to go about her ordeal and then resorting to threats after I am sure much pleas or several neutral messages had been sent with no effect. I wish she had been educated instead of being thrown in jail.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by VANENON(f): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
So instead of paying her the N6k owed to her, it better to arrest and torture her.
Where is the help for the poor in this country
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by clems88(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

what a sperm angry . I pray you receive sense soon before its too late
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by solelymade: 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
Enoquin:

Oh my!!! I see the few ones here who wouldn't want to learn, share and grow. Have you ever asked why so many people are ignorant of a lawful manner to dispute resolution? The adults have refused to grow, they would rather exchange banters than learn. It's about time someone starts educating a few more of them with open mind.

Oga no pay me 6k, I threaten to harm not only her but the whole family, let's laugh about that.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by bigfather(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
nonsense the madam doesn't want to pay her after the young girl has worked for d money.
Pay the girl her balance jor

But she can pay lawyer. U see how human beings dey wicked

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Tracyomo(f): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
U must be kidding
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by chidekings(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
ebby9z:

Do you think if the girl had reported the debt to the police, the police would have taken the woman to court? The girl was desperate and powerless, and remember she's but a teenager. There's no excuse for committing that crime of threat to lifebut all we are saying is that the woman strong-armed the case due to her economic advantage.

The lady is wrong here. Just that the madam just capitalized on it to deal with her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jealous Man Sets His Ex Wife Ablaze In Adamawa (Photo) / 45-year-old Man Rapes 7-year-old Girl In Bayelsa,Gets Caught(pics) / Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.