Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary (37985 Views)

Soldier Makes A Police Officer Frog-Jump For Threatening Him (Video) / Man Stabs His Boss To Death Over Unpaid Salary In Ondo / Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Acidosis(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
ebby9z:

Do you think if the girl had reported the debt to the police, the police would have taken the woman to court? The girl was desperate and powerless, and remember she's but a teenager. There's no excuse for committing that crime of threat to lifebut all we are saying is that the woman strong-armed the case due to her economic advantage.

We have juvenile prisons all over the world. Some younger than her kidnap their madam's babies only to sell to Evans and baby factory owners; we have seen too many cases like this.

I don't believe the woman 'strong-armed' the case due to economic advantage. Poor men are desperate people. I don't underestimate threat messages. Even if I owe you 30 billion, you have no right whatsoever to threaten my life.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Acidosis(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
Tfbaby:
[i]

I know you are mad

I know you're a poor f00lish ediot with no iota of sense.

Its not hard to deduce your profound occupation...you frustrated blackmailer and threat issuer.

Even if I owe you N30 billion, try and send me a threat message and see how I will sue your entire generation..
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
blueseacats:
If it's true that she owes her salary. In sane countries, owing every debt is not a crime but workers salary is.
you may be right if there's an actual contractual relationship between them as employer/employee relations, but the commission of a crime is never justified by an existing one. She should have sought legal redress.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by andyanders: 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Acidosis:

I know you're a poor f00lish ediot with no iota of sense.

Its not hard to deduce your profound occupation...you frustrated blackmailer and threat issuer.

Even if I owe you N30 billion, try and send me a threat message and see how I will sue your entire generation..

Some people don't know the gravity of such text msgs. You are damn right. You sue the idiot and he/she can't get a dime.

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by ebby9z(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Acidosis:

We have juvenile prisons all over the world. Some younger than her kidnap their madam's babies only to sell to Evans and baby factory owners; we have seen too many cases like this.

I don't believe the woman 'strong-armed' the case due to economic advantage. Poor men are desperate people. I don't underestimate threat messages. Even if I owe you 30 billion, you have no right whatsoever to threaten my life.

Don't you think it's hypocritical for you to breach contract and not care to fulfill your obligations, while crying hoarse over a threat text. The girl was not begging her for money. It's her right. We should look into that too. If the woman can spend a lot to have the girl locked up and not balance the 6k. Then it's obvious she merely wanted to cheat the girl because of her status
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
madbuhari:
and why is the boss owning her ? why not called it a bluff and pay the poor girl whatever money she owns , what gain is the boss going to have for drowning unnecessary attentions to him self, do you knw how it felt to work for full calendar month and at the end of the month they Deny u ur well deserves entitlement nah ur type dey own people months of arrears... the money he take call police is enough to settle the damn poor girl,
I don't think the madam responded in malice or punitively.

If you read the story well, she called her husband, that's panic action to me. No one sends threat message promising to harm your family and it becomes just an empty threat.

Furthermore, no one knows if she worked the whole month before seeking permission to travel. We also didn't know if she overstayed the agreed time as madam had already gotten a new sales girl. It's still a one-sided story.

Be that as it may, if I owe someone money and he/threatens to harm my family--if kids are involved-- a lady will genuinely react in a preemptive manner to protect the family.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by joe4real12: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
andyanders:

The threat txt msg is wrong and a very serious issue despite the wrongs done by the woman. She underestimated the gravity of her action.

Sending someone threat txt msgs is a very serious offense. Some people think that their txt msg is just an ordinary msg.

What if somehow later she get cult people involved by even sleeping with them and giving them the woman's info? That could result to death.

People should learn to be careful when sending any form of threat txt msgs to anyone they have issues with. If the woman happens to get attacked by armed robbers of which she never knew, she will be arrested as the first suspect .
You and I know that the text msg was sent out of anger.
It's high time we all use our conscience whenever we do our job.
With the magistrates decision, it's likely she will remain behind bars for a long time.
By the time she comes out more angry, she could become a threat, not just to her former employer, but to the society at large.
Blind justice only creates more angry criminals.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by madbuhari: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fearlez:
I don't think the madam responded in malice or punitively.

If you read the story well, she called her husband, that's panic action to me. No one sends threat message promising to harm your family and it becomes just an empty threat.

Furthermore, no one knows if she worked the whole month before seeking permission to travel. We also didn't know if she overstayed the agreed time as madam had already gotten a new sales girl. It's still a one-sided story.

Be that as it may, if I owe someone money and he/threatens to harm my family--if kids are involved-- a lady will genuinely react in a preemptive manner to protect the family.
for the sake of peace , why not give her the money and let her go her way , women always like to maintain stiffness when dealing with female employee

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Acidosis(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
ebby9z:

Don't you think it's hypocritical for you to breach contract and not care to fulfill your obligations, while crying hoarse over a threat text. The girl was not begging her for money. It's her right. We should look into that too. If the woman can spend a lot to have the girl locked up and not balance the 6k. Then it's obvious she merely wanted to cheat the girl because of her status

I can spend anything to get an offender behind bars. If for instance you steal a 30k phone from me, I will spend N300k to have you beaten.

I will take the same measures with the woman. Nobody knows how and why she failed to pay 6k...but if in the process of sorting and deliberating on payment terms, someone decides to hire touts or assassin, it means the case has become a threat to life (not just debts or breach of contract).

There are several debt recovery agencies in the country, and sorry, the court does not recognize ignorance. If all judges decide to apply ignorance and sympathy, it means we can as well FREE Evans.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by indoorlove(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
I feel like shedding tears reading this. Just because of 6k you made a little girl who could pass off as your daughter go through this ordeal. Please if anyone has the contact of this girl I am willing to help.

3 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
Enoquin:

Your summation and that of @fearlez is funny and at the same time not so. If you both think that all Nigerian kids have smart devices with which they can connect to the internet much less know who Kim Kardashian is, then you both might not live in Nigeria and if you do, live only amongst the affluent who have no idea how the rest of Nigeria lives. Just so you know, there are many - adults and teens who do not have any idea about the internet much less how to navigate it.

Also, going to the police station is not something many people want to do; most poor and unenlightened folks see the police in another light.

She is just another average Nigerian teen with no idea on how to go about her ordeal and then resorting to threats after I am sure much pleas or several neutral messages had been sent with no effect. I wish she had been educated instead of being thrown in jail.
You must have voodoo powers by which you can actually analyse this girl's intentions and motives independent of her actions.

Op says she's done her SS3 so that doesn't make her an ignorant girl as you suggest. Second, I believe sales girl require one or two sureties before they are employed and in a case of salary dispute, her sureties should have stepped in especially as her appointment had been terminated.

*Does your voodoo powers know if she overstayed her short leave? Or if she actually worked a whole month?

* Do you know her background and upbringing? Because I don't see the "average" Nigerian girl sending threat messages about harming her madman's family over 6k salary areas

* I think your voodoo powers should know the madam lives away from the husband and reacted in pure fright.

* She called hubby who's in abj and he too reacted with trepidation as he wasn't physically present to get the police involved.

* SS3 graduate is old and educated enough at 18 not to become so grossly silly.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
madbuhari:
for the sake of peace , why not give her the money and let her go her way , women always like to maintain stiffness when dealing with female employee
And get an assurance that it would never morph into a means of extortion later?

She did the right thing getting her hubby involved. The girl should get her 6k and sign an undertaking.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Acidosis(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
joe4real12:

With the magistrates decision, it's likely she will remain behind bars for a long time.
By the time she comes out more angry, she could become a threat, not just to her former employer, but to the society at large.

Can we apply the same principle to Evans, after all, he has apologized to the whole nation?
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by madbuhari: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fearlez:
And get an assurance that it would never morph into a means of extortion later?

She did the right thing getting her hubby involved. The girl should get her 6k and sign an undertaking.
and how will the poor girl make her an avenue of extortion the money they carry give police can offset the dept thrice... most Nigeria men are manipulate by their spouse, and that man his case is not different

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Its unfair sha, the rich always oppressing the poor.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
madbuhari:
and how will the poor girl make her an avenue of extortion the money they carry give police can offset the dept thrice... most Nigeria men are manipulate by their spouse, and that man his case is not different
When serious threat is made especially in today's Nigeria where kidnapping and violent robberies have become routine occurrences, the threat to violence should b taken seriously without naively underestimating the capabilities of the threat issuer.

No one is doubly sure. I know it's a case of David and Goliath and sympathies are naturally tilting towards the "poor" girl. But I would be foolish to take a threat like that for granted.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by madbuhari: 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fearlez:
When serious threat is made especially in today's Nigeria where kidnapping and violent robberies have become routine occurrences, the threat to violence should b taken seriously without natively underestimating the capabilities of the threat issuer.

No one is doubly sure. I know it's a case of David and Goliath and sympathies are naturally tilting towards the "poor" girl. But I would be foolish to take a threat like that for granted.
but u agreed with me the madam manipulate the husband to involve police the threat should not be rule out, but if I'm the man I will settle it amicably without involving police... most men are weakly and always like to do madam saying.... its good to act like a man at times
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by joe4real12: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Acidosis:

Can we apply the same principle to Evans, after all, he has apologized to the whole nation?
Evans case is totally different. This is a case of a poor girl, trying to get her hard-earned 6k. If this case is not handled with care, we might be creating another Evans or even worse.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
madbuhari:
but u agreed with me the madam manipulate the husband to involve police the threat should not be rule out, but if I'm the man I will settle it amicably without involving police... most men are weakly and always like to do madam saying.... its good to act like a man at times

I wouldn't know of manipulation. She sent the threat via SMS. That is bold, serious and dangerous.

Husband is several hundreds of miles in Abuja. He too should be anxious about his family's safety.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by andyanders: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
joe4real12:

I am not saying that it wasn't a harsh decision by the magistrate. This is also an avenue for people to note that it is not right to send such threat txt msgs no matter how aggrieved you are. When people are pushed to the wall, their anger busts and as a result, they take decisions that could bounce back on them. Always learn how to control your anger and also to know how to use the media or telephone we have with us. If you even give verbal threat on phone and there is problem, the service provider could be subpoenaed to appear in court in order to provide their call log as evidence
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by madbuhari: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fearlez:

I wouldn't know of manipulation. She sent the threat via SMS. That is bold, serious and dangerous.

Husband is several hundreds of miles in Abuja. He too should be anxious about his family's safety.
the husband acted swiftly without given a listening ear to the poor girl... even as that... best weapon you can use to neutralize ur enemy is to show him/her love... believe me she will regret her action.... Nigeria women self I wonder the kind charm he used on this ogamadam
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Lolaabokoku(f): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
yes oo, if she had gotten that 50k at hand, she wouldn't have threatened her madam,, wickedness at its peak..
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
madbuhari:
the husband acted swiftly without given a listening ear to the poor girl... even as that... best weapon you can use to neutralize ur enemy is to show him/her love... believe me she will regret her action.... Nigeria women self I wonder the kind charm he used on this ogamadam
It is possible a little compassion would have neutralised the situation. But we don't know what truly happend. Women disputes often run deep especially when one is the boss and the other the subject.

My logic is this:

1* Madam has never owed the sales girl before this incident

2* Could it be the sales girl overstayed her travel prompting madam to re-hire another sales girl?

3* If number 2 is the case, then the girl may not be entitled to a full month's salary to begin with.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by oodua1stson: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
And this oloriburuku woman will go to a church/mosque and have a father inthe lord ooo

Who will fight for the poor cry
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by wendy241(f): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
bentlywills:
FTC in a new week grin grin

Good things re coming grin

Just threat the woman dn call police.....forgetting she is the one who needs to be arrested God will judge dat boss

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kjhova(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
kunletexs:
OGA the law, i smiled when i read stories like this? even the politicians break even more laws than the the citizens, so leave that, so what is the punishment for refusal to pay someone's salary? oya educate us, because if the girl commit crime (i do not agree) so the woman commit more crime, so both should be thrown into cell.

but in nigeria, laws are made for the poor but the rich can buy their way out. (saraki is an example)

all the examples you gave are plainly because we have a retarded government, police force and even the judiciaries are not left out, i have watched a lot of law documentary which bothers on small offenses like the ones you displayed here, there is settling out of court, there is committee service, there are more than 1 approach to this petty crime so not everything is settled in throw inside prison like we do have here.

My jolly good friend. I am not a lawyer but I have had a few cases in court, both as plaintif and defendant. I can educate you on a few things.

1) Everyone breaks laws routinely in Nigeria (either politicians or electorate) and going scot free is not licence to continue.
2) The punishment for refusal to pay salary is encoded in our contract laws and is only enforceable upon litigation by the agreived.
3) The young woman (she is 18yrs old and is thus not a girl) committed the offence of "threat to life and property".
4) You want to hear the truth? The law is heavier on the poor than the rich all over the world including and most especially in America.
5) Law documentaries and movies on cable TV is not same as real life litigation. Much as nollywood isn't same as a real hood!
6) Threat, via phone call and SMS, to cause bodily and/or material harm is not "petty crime" under the law.

My last comment, for your enlightment, is that the first party to report a case is always at an advantage over the accused and secondly, in reality, legal argument matters more than facts in court.

Namashte.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by andyanders: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
kjhova:

My jolly good friend. I am not a lawyer but I have had a few cases in court, both as plaintif and defendant. I can educate you on a few things.

1) Everyone breaks laws routinely in Nigeria (either politicians or electorate) and going scot free is not licence to continue.
2) The punishment for refusal to pay salary is encoded in our contract laws and is only enforceable upon litigation by the agreived.
3) The young woman (she is 18yrs old and is thus not a girl) committed the offence of "threat to life and property".
4) You want to hear the truth? The law is heavier on the poor than the rich all over the world including and most especially in America.
5) Law documentaries and movies on cable TV is not same as real life litigation. Much as nollywood isn't same as a real hood!
6) Threat, via phone call and SMS, to cause bodily and/or material harm is not "petty crime" under the law.

My last comment, for your enlightment, is that the first party to report a case is always at an advantage over the accused and secondly, in reality, legal argument matters more than facts in court.

Namashte.

Sure right and on point. She should have reported the woman to the police rather than her action and ignorance of the law is never an excuse.She sent SMS of threat and never knew that it to be a serious offense. Nobody takes chances. It could be that she did not complete the number of days she worked for her boss hence the refusal to pay. But at the same point, sending such SMS of threat is very wrong. Saying that you will deal with the woman, nobody should look at that threat and take it kindly these days. What if she is friending someone like Evans the kidnapper, the woman is trouble.She can use what she has to get what she want.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by djon78(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Acidosis:

What kind of reasoning dey that your brain? How can you compare' Evans a bloody, wicked and evil criminal to this ignorant young girl that has never committed crime before. Your line of reasoning is very very shallow, Base, backward and foolish.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Enoquin(f): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fearlez:
You must have voodoo powers by which you can actually analyse this girl's intentions and motives independent of her actions.

Op says she's done her SS3 so that doesn't make her an ignorant girl as you suggest. Second, I believe sales girl require one or two sureties before they are employed and in a case of salary dispute, her sureties should have stepped in especially as her appointment had been terminated.

*Does your voodoo powers know if she overstayed her short leave? Or I she actually worked a whole month?

* Do you know her background and upbringing? Because I don't see the "average" Nigerian girl sending threat messages about harming her madman's family over 6k salary areas

* I think your voodoo powers should know the madam lives away from the husband and reacted in pure fright.

* She called hubby who's in abj and he too reacted with trepidation as he wasn't physically present to get the police involved.

* SS3 graduate is old and educated enough at 18 not to become so grossly silly.

And here I thought I was quoting someone that would counter my points via a logical discourse, didn't know I quoted someone well grounded in vodooism. My bad.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kyaagbanairaland(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nigerian police, so dumb.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by nonhuman(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jaynom:
Haba! This is unfair. Her Employer is a callous woman. She wanted to travel, you agreed to it only for you to replace (Which I understand) and not pay her. She's 18 and naïve and I believe she threatened her Employer out of frustration(the economy's bad), Naivety got the best of her. Oga Judge didn't temper justice with mercy at all. Madam employer agreement is agreement o! If she had N50,000 she wouldn't be a sales girl in the first place. Kai! And they say the judiciary is the last hope of the Common Man. Smh
u guys are so ignorant na wao the 50k was for bail as surety not the judgement after jogenent surety takes back his or money is ether she is inprisend or do community service or sign undertaken for the madam
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Enoquin:

And here I thought I was quoting someone that would counter my points via a logical discourse, didn't know I quoted someone well grounded in vodooism. My bad.
This one is obviously alien to sarcasm or is just a convenient pretender.

Madam, would you recognise logic if I made an eyeglass out of one for you?

Claiming the girl is naive and only sent that SMS after several neutral pleas means you're the said girl or you have voodoo through which you know what's on her mind independent of the action she took.

Mrs logician, how else do you want to be countered?

Not everyone likes a debate not involving depth of thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

45-year-old Man Rapes 7-year-old Girl In Bayelsa,Gets Caught(pics) / Jealous Man Sets His Ex Wife Ablaze In Adamawa (Photo) / 9 Things That Will Land You In Trouble In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.