Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,976 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:42 AM

18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary (37894 Views)

Soldier Makes A Police Officer Frog-Jump For Threatening Him (Video) / Man Stabs His Boss To Death Over Unpaid Salary In Ondo / Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by mayorjosh(m): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Acidosis:

We have juvenile prisons all over the world. Some younger than her kidnap their madam's babies only to sell to Evans and baby factory owners; we have seen too many cases like this.

I don't believe the woman 'strong-armed' the case due to economic advantage. Poor men are desperate people. I don't underestimate threat messages. Even if I owe you 30 billion, you have no right whatsoever to threaten my life.

So you're actually justifying the woman's actions?

Like if the girl had reported to the police, they'd take her serious
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by chuksoyo21(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
jieta:
if am the sales girl with all sincerity after leaving the prison i will kill my madam.
yes, kill the bastard... the madam is a beast..
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Skeendip(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

That girl should be really punished..for being insensitive.

Why should she threaten her madam Over unpaid salaries..
Doesn't she know that we are in a recession.

You be goat
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
this is pure injustice! the rich against the poor! anyway it's in nigeria. tomorrow if the madam shop burns down because of fire some of you will still come on here to type " the lord is your strength madam" God will restore your shop" and being sympathetic and anyone who didn't show symphathy will get abuses
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by DVC1: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
For threats she was put in prison. And what happened to the woman who refuses to pay her?
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by lionson(m): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
The woman in question is a selfish and wicked woman. She doesn't have 6k to pay the balance of the girls salary but has money to hire a lawyer to prosecute the girl in court. This is an oppression and e go backfire!
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by lionson(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
The woman in question is a selfish and wicked woman. She doesn't have 6k to pay the balance of the girls salary but has money to hire a lawyer to prosecute the girl in court. This is an oppression and e go backfire.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by lereinter(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
e no go better for popular socialite

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by inosend: 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
Naija judicial system, na waah o. So the insensitive woman who decided to keep back the 6k but had money to file a case had 'favour' with the law.

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Martin0(m): 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
gypsey:
this is pure injustice! the rich against the poor! anyway it's in nigeria. tomorrow if the madam shop burns down because of fire some of you will still come on here to type " the lord is your strength madam" God will restore your shop" and being sympathetic and anyone who didn't show symphathy will get abuses
that naija for u oo
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Gamusgamus: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
winkmart:
An 18-year old former sales girl, Angela Uzordima has been arrested and charged before Isolo Magistrates court for allegedly sending threat text messages to her female boss and popular socialite, Folayo Adeola over N6000 salary debt.

According to PM Express, the teenager has since been remanded in prison custody after she failed to meet her bail condition. It was gathered that the embattled sales girl finished her secondary school and started working as a sale girl at Adeola’s boutique located at Duduyemi street, market bus stop in Egbeda.

It was learnt that they agreed on a monthly salary of N9,000 before Angela traveled to her village for a burial.
According to Angela, before she traveled, Adeola only gave her N3,000 out of her N9,000 salary remaining N6,000 only.
She said when she returned from the burial, Adeola had employed another worker while she asked her the balance of her salary but she refused to pay her.
P.M.EXPRESS gathered that following the refusal by Adeola to pay her, she wrote threat messages through her phones and gave the complainant her account number at Fidelity Bank Plc.

She warned the complainant that if she did not pay the money, Adeola’s family will face danger.

The complainant became afraid that Angela knew much about her family and she might plan something evil against the family.
According to Adeola, “when I received the text messages, I contacted my husband in Abuja who immediately contacted the police at Idimu Command.”

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the police tracked Uzordima through the bank and arrested her and took her to the station.

At the station, she admitted that she sent the text messages and explained that she worked for Adeola but she refused to pay her. However, the police insisted that she committed an offence and charged her before the court under the Criminal Code.

The presiding Magistrate, Mr A.O Ogbe granted her bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum. She was remanded in prison custody pending when she will perfect her bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till July 2017.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/06/18-year-old-girl-remanded-in-prison.html

What nature of wickedness is this, instead of paying the poor her #6000 the madam whom God will soon visit in karma decided to imprison the helplessness girl, how I wish I was a human right activist , that yeye madam for don smell her nyanch
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by lonelydora: 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
jieta:
if am the sales girl with all sincerity after leaving the prison i will kill my madam.

Gbam. Either physically or Diabolically
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by amuwo1980: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
strange verdict, the zoo must must fall, it is imperative for the black man to survive that nigeria must collapse
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
The madam and her madam and her hubby no get N6000 to pay the poor girl, but, dem get money to pay police to get the girl arrested, dem get money to take pay lawyer.
When karma decide to visit them and everything they hold valuable including their children turn to dust in their eyes, dem go begin wail.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Kylekent59: 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
Acidosis:
I think 50k is too much, but the girl must be properly dealth with. Threats like this must not be underestimated.

I don't care to know what the boss did wrongly. As for Judges, they work on facts and evidence, not emotions and common stupid!ties from online opinion donors.

I kind of like your comment. But make we talk true. It's not Good ooooo. 18yrs for that matter
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nonsense. They should leave the poor girl jor. Creating something out of nothing.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by lexy2014: 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
sunnysunny69:
The judge got this one wrong, you can not remand a girl this young in prison and a case that look civil. Bearing in mind no previous conviction against her and she must have been of good character hence she got the job. The judge should have release her on bail on condition she report at her local police station every week or come back to the police with sureties. This is an example of how a state manufacture criminals. My cousin in uk went to prison for 6 weeks, when he came out he had all the contacts in the dark world from this to that , all made in prison.
u raised valid points but that's d argument her counsel should have put forward in her defense
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Teeboi56: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
bentlywills:
FTC in a new week grin grin

Good things re coming grin

Just threat the woman dn call police.....forgetting she is the one who needs to be arrested

I tire ooo
Na so all those rich people dey do
Olowo loma ku re
Dey ave forgot dat our grave will always be d same

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Islie: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
this is pure wickedness by the Oga

I hope she knows that the Bible frowns at those who doesn't pay their servants their wages at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by techlorddsblog: 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
Imagine

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by SofiaAmrozia(f): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
We have to understand that all humans react in different ways. Sed Lex Dura Lex - The Law is hard but it is the law.
It is this kind of rigidity in laws that push so called 'socialites' to find loopholes in the law.
All over Nigeria, it is a known fact that prison is a breeding ground for more unspeakable crimes. Later if the poor girl comes out and becomes something else, we would start pointing fingers.
It's all good and fine for us to agitate for her release behind the safety of our screens but who will actually do something about this tomorrow or the day after that, or two days from now? Or are there no activists in Egbeda? Or no one who knows someone that can help?
In a different light, you never know what is going on with all these sales girls and/or boys. That being said, a threat to life and property preempts a panic attack for those with things to hide and/or common sense.
Lagos is a big small city, definitely someone who has read this will be living either in Egbeda or close to it. Do something about this, don't just sit down and wail/curse/vent on Nairaland.
I rest my case.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by armadeo(m): 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
WebSurfer:
he never disappoints with stupiiid comments

you've just given him a reason to jerk off

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by adetayo234: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

That girl should be really punished..for being insensitive.

Why should she threaten her madam Over unpaid salaries..
Doesn't she know that we are in a recession.

Do you intentionally talk like a fool or it is part of your genetic makeup? That is, does foolishness run in your family?

2 Likes

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Odjesha: 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
why can't she and her husband use d money dey use to contact d bastard police men to pay d little girl that Labour for u.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Enoquin(f): 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fearlez:
This one is obviously alien to sarcasm or is just a convenient pretender.

Madam, would you recognise logic if I made an eyeglass out of one for you?

Claiming the girl is naive and only sent that SMS after several neutral pleas means you're the said girl or you have voodoo through which you know what's on her mind independent of the action she took.

Mrs logician, how else do you want to be countered?

Not everyone likes a debate not involving depth of thought.

cheesy See who wants to teach me sarcasm, the one that froths in the mouth. Since your debate involves depth and thought, why then did you indulge my, oh so shallow arguments? (This is sarcasm by the way, point yours out and i'd gladly accept the glasses...oops and another!) grin
grin And it's a Miss except you are using voodoo to dash me a Mrs title

Oh wait! He even wrote that I am the said girl! shocked Then I must be a baller to be arguing online whilst being remanded in prison.

Internet arguments, I can do without especially ones with voodoo masters shocked undecided
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
Enoquin:

cheesy See who wants to teach me sarcasm, the one that froths in the mouth. Since your debate involves depth and thought, why then did you indulge my, oh so shallow arguments? (This is sarcasm by the way, point yours out and i'd gladly accept the glasses...oops and another!) grin
grin And it's a Miss except you are using voodoo to dash me a Mrs title

Oh wait! He even wrote that I am the said girl! shocked Then I must be a baller to be arguing online whilst being remanded in prison.

Internet arguments, I can do without especially ones with voodoo masters shocked undecided

Froth in the mouth? Madam this interaction has been conducted with finger chirping not verbal so I couldn't possibly be frothing in the mouth.

Rein in your leaking emotions except you're having behavioural disinhibition and mental disturbances after being exposed as a shallow debater pretending to be the next intellectual bang in Nigeria.

If you were an impulsive emotionally mono-fixated ranter in your teens, don't encourage teenagers here to lead your thoughtless path...
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by tsekeok(m): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2017
On my count I think we are not being told the whole story here.....please guys reason with me

Gal's Palava....
On one hand the girl traveled and then returned only to meet a new hire...points to note....

..How long did she stay on the trip which was made for just a burial
..she was being given some part of her wages, probably that which she was due her on account of service rendered to madam
.."the police is your friend and bail is free" the usual cliche which is grossly abused by the Judiciary system
.. naivety on the young gal's part for sending treat messages n still acknowledging it

Madam's Palava...
.. possible law suit awaits her for labour act breached but as you know it holds no water on the fact that there might be no employment letter between madam and gal, However, she might face the law if she employed the gal before she became legally of age to work and earn wages
..she might have tried reaching the gal severally and she ignored Madam's call, seeing the opportunity of the trip as a freelance time from work
..treat messages should be dealt with with all means possible.."if it was Evans who sent it she must have closed her boutique and relocated to Abuja"

Husband...
... probably heard one side of the story and acted accordingly as a big man with connect ...SMH
.. however was doing the right thing to protect his investment (madam n family) from such treats "na 9ja we de...person nu de just caway talk ooooo for this kyn recession"

Judiciary....
... Biggest scam sad shocked
..where 50k wan commot from ehn!!!
The judge papa get 50k for em account
Abi the gal nu share food give am for the burial when she attend.....
Oga Judiciary....Bail is free oooooo
As long as she can provide sureties
Release the gal ooooo
I beg una
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by jfleece(m): 1:13am On Jun 20, 2017
Even our so called founding fathers will weep for Nigeria In hell while receiving their eternal torment, just imagine the bullshit. It's a pity!
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Enoquin(f): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2017
Fearlez:

Froth in the mouth? Madam this interaction has been conducted with finger chirping not verbal so I couldn't possibly be frothing in the mouth.

Rein in your leaking emotions except you're having behavioural disinhibition and mental disturbances after being exposed as a shallow debater pretending to be the next intellectual bang in Nigeria.

If you were an impulsive emotionally mono-fixated ranter in your teens, don't encourage teenagers here to lead your thoughtless path...

The one that hasn't been able to rein in his emotions and has been quite insultive is offering me an advice. *Hands him a mirror* What do you see? Thought as much. Done! Lawma, come carry am grin
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Fearlez: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2017
Enoquin:

The one that hasn't been able to rein in his emotions and has been quite insultive is offering me an advice. *Hands him a mirror* What do you see? Thought as much. Done! Lawma, come carry am grin
If lawma takes me, then you should find home in the slums of khayelitsha, Africa's 2nd largest slum where your true destiny would be actualised by becoming just another human garbage morphing into formless matter for the earth's particles.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
kunletexs:
thank you ma for the response. is it not an adage that says that he that lives in the glass house should not throw stone. so she knows that she has lot to loose and she denied a poor girl her salary, for the poor girl to have come to work with you instead of following sugar daddies and mummies about, it is something that should be highly commendable but see what the useless socialite did? with all due respect, the threat is not a crime to me if i am a judge and such is brought to my court, i would harshly talk sense into the woman and admonish the girl on the best way to go and even to rub insult into the injury of the useless woman, i would give her the 6k in her presence, give her my contact if i can fix her up in university or provide her another job and finally disdain the police officer who brought the case to my court and finally, finally throw the file of the case through the window. LO BA TUN!

Thank God we still have reasonable Nigerians like you in this age.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Cityguy: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is how some of us incur God's wrath. Why would you not want to pay the little girl her balance? Just because you feel she has no one? Because you feel you are connected, wealthy and can deal with her? OMG! And the girl is now remanded in a prison where she could be molested, psychologically abused and tormented. Why are people this wicked? How much is 6k to a 'socialite'? Adeola and likes, God will judge you people oppressing the poor and rubbing it in their faces. I feel for this girl walahi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Arrested For Having Sex With A Goat. Photos / Son Kills His Father In Kwara, Sells His Body Parts To Ritualists / Man Accused Of Being A Money Ritualist In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.