Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary (37990 Views)

Soldier Makes A Police Officer Frog-Jump For Threatening Him (Video) / Man Stabs His Boss To Death Over Unpaid Salary In Ondo / Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Cityguy: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
adetayo234:

Do you intentionally talk like a fool or it is part of your genetic makeup? That is, does foolishness run in your family?
The guy is very intelligent. He is just quote-obsessed.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by kunletexs: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2017
i beg to differ in your many of your points raised here?

point 1, so if even the head is sick, let the body too be sick. so to have a discontinuity, let the greed and wasteful politician be first brought to book then we can now know that the system is ready to fight crime.

point 2: so if she has gone to the court, would she not have have a lawyer who would charge her, common 6k she does not have not to think of the fee for lawyer, and with our sick court system, tell me is it easy working into a court and asking for a case against your boss without the judge sending you packing? common on, you would need to spend and she does not have that money

point 3: duly noted and that is true.

point 4: in some cases yes. but the america you are talking of, has a system that works, if you have watched documentaries and follow some high profile cases, you would know that their big shot there do sweat under the law (clinton, deepwater incident, politician, etc) but tell me some of our rich men that have been truly jailed in nigeria, bottom line: this is a pure case of a stupid madam who is rich and is trying to use her class on the poor girl. not more

point 5: defend that with proofs as i have watched so many and i am talking of documentaries and not films. the internet is an open source where what you watched can be verified with writeups. use google to familiarize yourself on this.

point 6: yes, and in this case the cause and effect plays in, if the madam has done the needful, threat to life would not have come in.

so in all modesty, while you are trying to fault the girl for sending threat messages, let the madam not see herself as a demigod because she is rich and a socialite, rub her wealth to the face of the girl.

kjhova:

My jolly good friend. I am not a lawyer but I have had a few cases in court, both as plaintif and defendant. I can educate you on a few things.

1) Everyone breaks laws routinely in Nigeria (either politicians or electorate) and going scot free is not licence to continue.
2) The punishment for refusal to pay salary is encoded in our contract laws and is only enforceable upon litigation by the agreived.
3) The young woman (she is 18yrs old and is thus not a girl) committed the offence of "threat to life and property".
4) You want to hear the truth? The law is heavier on the poor than the rich all over the world including and most especially in America.
5) Law documentaries and movies on cable TV is not same as real life litigation. Much as nollywood isn't same as a real hood!
6) Threat, via phone call and SMS, to cause bodily and/or material harm is not "petty crime" under the law.

My last comment, for your enlightment, is that the first party to report a case is always at an advantage over the accused and secondly, in reality, legal argument matters more than facts in court.

Namashte.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by ylaa(f): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
capital and double AMEN plus FIRE in conjunction with THUNDER
DONFRANSKID:
God punish the madam and the judge
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Lacoolmley: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Its a big surprise how people are sympathising with the girl just because they feel she is poor. We don't have all the facts. Who knows, the girl could be a misguided youth that refused to to to school and has now found herself in this position. I don't think the Madam is saying she doesn't have 6k to give her but only trying to be just in her dealings before she sets the wrong precedence. There is really no justification for the "poor" girl to threaten the Madam and her family over 6k. She could have left it to faith. Anyway, we still don't have all the facts so let's not judge the Madam.
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Vioncy(f): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
tabisegroup:

I didn't want to comment yet..I decided to go thro some comments to see if I wouldd see a meaningful one first..
While reading the story, I was fumed and almost threw my phone away in anger. How much would she use to open and close a case file at the police station and the court? Compared to the N6,000 she's shamelessly owing a teenager that she suppose to sponsor in the tertiary institution (while working for her)...can she treat her own daughter that way? If i see the woman, I'll threaten...Infact I'll kneel down to God in prayers now (unless the girl has been accused with clear evidences of stealing the madam's money)...if i be a child of God and it's God that wrote in His Holy book that a worker deserves his/her wages even before Sun set,..if that woman refuse to pay that girl her balance before Wednesday this week ..I curse that shop to run dry...the same humiliation she's puting that innocent and someone's daughter through in the police station ..her daughter must pass through same.. I give her between today and Wednesday to pay the girl her balance..else all these will happen to that woman..except I'm not the servant of the most high God.
Come and arrest me here in Abuja!

yess ohhhhh sir you're
and also Nooooooooo sir you're wrong

REASONS

in my own Bible there is a place that said "No more shall it be said, that the fathers has eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on an edge" meaning...children should not suffer what they dnt know about. Today we are suffering because of what the people that crucified Christ said; "let his blood be on us and our children's children" which isnt fair enough, the lady should suffer for her crime, not her innocent children that do not have anything to do with their mother's crime. BIKO!!!
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by Lacoolmley: 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
So what if the girl has connections underworld and carries out her threat? After something bad happens to the Madam or any member of her family, people will start talking about how wicked the "poor" girl is. The reactions here against the Madam is very irrational. You cannot threaten the life of a President or his family just because you are poor an unemployed and expect the President to take it lightly.... Just like trying to justify kidnapping people because one is poor and needs money. I will advice the girl and her sympathisers to go and beg the woman to drop the matter and sign an undertaking... Looking at it religously, the girl should have presented the matter to God rather than threaten someone bigger than her in everything. N/B we still don't have all the facts so let's not bash the Madam please.....
Re: 18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary by seangy4konji: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
you see what am talkin about this country

no be last week dem release saraki say he no commit any offence or get any case to settle

make dat smallie weh deh work one month for money weh no buy chicken and chip for ome joint deh go prison so dem go use long rod pieces her after dos oloriburuku warder man don drink ogogoro finish..

Nigeria will be dropped in hell as a whole when the time comes...better run now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Horror: Boy Slaughters Mother, 2 Sisters In Zamfara [photos] / Jealous Man Sets His Ex Wife Ablaze In Adamawa (Photo) / 45-year-old Man Rapes 7-year-old Girl In Bayelsa,Gets Caught(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.