Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Introducing NairaEx - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Introducing NairaEx (6354 Views)

I Would Like 2 Know If Anyone Has Ever Used Trucards Or Nairaex To Get A Prepaid Creditcard.pls Tel / Nairaex.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2005
Originally: NairaEx- Nigeria's Virtual VISA Reseller, eCommerce and ePayment Facilitator

NairaEx - www.nairaex.com

NairaEx is the new leader in the distribution of Virtual VISA cards for Internet payment in Nigeria. NairaEx also offer Assisted Foreign Purchases and Assisted Foreign Payments to Nigeria residents who are faced with great difficulties transacting in todays global e-commerce space.NairaEx accepts Naira and facilitates payments and transactions in foreign currencies.

Further info about NairaEx is available at - www.nairaex.com.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2005
NairaEx Virtual Visa for internet Payments- www.nairaex.com

NairaEx is the new leader in the distribution of Virtual VISA cards for Internet payment in Nigeria.

NairaEx also offer Assisted Foreign Purchases and Assisted Foreign Payments to Nigeria residents who are faced with great difficulties transacting in todays global e-commerce space.

NairaEx accepts Naira and facilitates payments and transactions in foreign currencies. Nigerians can get small value Virual Visa cards of as low as $10.
This card can be for one time use or reloadable depending on what the user chooses to do with the cards.

Further info about NairaEx is available at - www.nairaex.com.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Seun(m): 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2005
How do we know that you guys are genuine, and not scammers? I mean, you're not even paying for advertising and the newspapers are not talking about your service, unlike the credit card solution from Standard Trust Bank.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2005
Seun, you can make all the noise in the newspapers and the stuff will not work. Where is the cards from STB with all the unrelenting news releases? We adopted a viral marketing technic because we believe that a satisfied customer gives the best testimonial and it is working for us while keeping our marketing budget low.

I can send you a $10 Virtual Visa to test in next 10 minutes if you accept to post a testimonial afterwards that the NairaEx card works or not.

NairaEx have the capability to issue Virtual VISA in 5-10 minutes in Nigeria.

Take up this offer and you will get your card in 10 minutes. I only need your Full Names email id and Address( Will be used as billing address).

Am waiting.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2005
Seun , you may send the requested detail asap to email: info@nairaex.com
Re: Introducing NairaEx by jogego(m): 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2005
NairaEx:

Seun, you can make all the noise in the newspapers and the stuff will not work. Where is the cards from STB with all the unrelenting news releases? We adopted a viral marketing technic because we believe that a satisfied customer gives the best testimonial and it is working for us while keeping our marketing budget low.

I can send you a $10 Virtual Visa to test in next 10 minutes if you accept to post a testimonial afterwards that the NairaEx card works or not.

NairaEx have the capability to issue Virtual VISA in 5-10 minutes in Nigeria.

Take up this offer and you will get your card in 10 minutes. I only need your Full Names email id and Address( Will be used as billing address).

Am waiting.

Does this mean that you guys wil give anybody this card without any simple or basic form of address or identity verification? shocked
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2005
My offer to Seun does not mean we issue the card arbitrarily.

A point to note also is that what we issue is a prepaid virtual debit card and not a Credit card. You have available to spend on the internet the amount of dollar you load into the virtual card account- so it's your money.

There is minimal Identity issues involved with NairaEx prepaid virtual Visa card.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by jogego(m): 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2005
NairaEx:

There is minimal Identity issues involved with NairaEx prepaid virtual Visa card.

I assume your last statement means that their would be adequate identity verification, if not, what stops this service being used for laundering of ill-gotten gains?
Re: Introducing NairaEx by kazey(m): 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2005
Just curious NairaEx, what billing address would i use if i happen to use your prepaid visa cards?
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Imnakoya(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2005
What protection to have in place for consumers and business owners against charge backs? In the US card owners can dispute unauthorized purchase as you are well aware.
How would you handle return of merchandise?
Lastly, is there a merchant fee for business that accept your service? For example VISA, PAYPAL charge the merchant a fee, ususally monthly fee. How about you?

I'm yet to read the lingo on your website, maybe you have these covered there. You can sure use some PR...set up a blog site and make sure it is really interactive so your clientele can drop comments. You can also use that to educate your customer base. If you are really serious and have great customer service, you will go definitely far.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by kazey(m): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2005
seems NairaEx got no answer to my questions grin
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Seun(m): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2005
One of the reasons why most companies don't go about promoting their wares with forums is the kind of damaging criticism you can get if your product has flaws that have not been rectified. A forum is not a traditional marketing channel, and it should not be treated as such.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2005
[/quote]

I assume your last statement means that their would be adequate identity verification, if not, what stops this service being used for laundering of ill-gotten gains?

[quote]

NairaEx is not available to launderers.Transactions pass through the Visa International processing network.Merchants that accept Visa are subject to maximum KYC by the member banks before issuance of Merchant Accounts. We did pass through a detailed KYC with our merchant bank therefore I should tell better.

Beside the above point, maximum load to card is presently limited to $500 - no one launders $500.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2005
kazey:

Just curious NairaEx, what billing address would I use if I happen to use your prepaid visa cards?

NairaEx uses your Nigerian address as your Billing Address. Am aware some will prefer to use an offshore Billing Address for obvious reasons. We can change your Billing Address to an Offshore Address you provide, if you can provide writtem permission of the legal address owner to use it.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by kazey(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2005
Nigerian Billing addreses? rolleyes interesting......well may i know whether my cards would be accepted? and which merchants for example?
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 10:08am On Jun 06, 2005
kazey:

Nigerian Billing addreses?  rolleyes interesting......well may I know whether my cards would be accepted? and which merchants for example?

Personally I have used my card with my Nigerian Billing Address to pay on the following Websites:

www.clickatell.com - To purchase SMS credits
www.yahoo.com - To purchase Yahoo Mail+
etc.

Our customers have used their cards to pay online to my knowledge at :

www.collegeboard.com - SAT exams registrations and SAT Prep
www.ets.org- TOEFL/TSE exams registrations
www.cgfns.org - CGFNS Exams registrations
www.ncsbn.org - NCLEX-RN exams registrations and prep

Many ADULT and GAMING sites (sorry, won't list) accepts our card.

You may not successfully use this card at a merchant site processed by Clickbank. ClickBank filters out Nigerian IP and Billing Addresses for obvious reasons.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Seun(m): 10:52am On Jun 06, 2005
Tell us more about the people (or company) behind the service. And about the costs involved.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by kodewrita(m): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2005
@NairaEx If your visa card works , its a good idea . i have been searching for a low cost way of making foreign payments . i even went as far as getting domiciliary accounts but nipost/ems have ended that with the report i just heard that they have started tearing up checks sent by mail to foreign institutions and companies. that has affected innocent users like us (and its one of the reasons i hate nipost)
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2005
seun:

Tell us more about the people (or company) behind the service.  And about the costs involved.

NairaEx is a Nigerian Enterprise affiliated to a US Corporation. Both businesses (Nigeria and US based) are owned entirely by Nigerians based in both Nigeria and the United States. Our business are functional with real people behind them and not just shell set-ups. This is verifiable by simple logic as you cannot open bank accounts today without passing the maximum KYC in the banking sector.

The NairaEx business model is a response to the need of the Nigerian environment where our people go through untold hardship transacting in todays global eCommerce space because of the near absence of globally acceptable payment instruments. Futher detail about NairaEx is available on our website at www.nairaex.com

Feel free to contact me at your convenience by email (info@nairaex.com) should you have any further questions or concerns.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2005
kodewrita:

@NairaEx If your visa card works , its a good idea . I have been searching for a low cost way of making foreign payments . I even went as far as getting domiciliary accounts but NIPOST/ems have ended that with the report I just heard that they have started tearing up checks sent by mail to foreign institutions and companies. that has affected innocent users like us (and its one of the reasons I hate NIPOST)

The NairaEx business model will serve you just fine. You can obtain Virtual Visa for Internet Payments. You can use NairaEx Assisted Foreign Purchases/ Payments to also pay where US Bank Checks, PayPal, eChecx are accepted. This will be done from our US office when you give us the detail and pay us the naira equivalent plus service fee as determined by our Order page at www.nairaex.com .

Feel free to visit the NairaEx website at your convenience - www.nairaex.com
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Imnakoya(m): 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2005
seun:

One of the reasons why most companies don't go about promoting their wares with forums is the kind of damaging criticism you can get if your product has flaws that have not been rectified. A forum is not a traditional marketing channel, and it should not be treated as such.

Not so fast! Just google: "blogs, business" when you have the time and read some of the results. You will be surprised how effective web logs- Blogs are. Please do not confuse blog with forum. It is not uncommon for consumers to offer solutions or valuable suggestions... It can work anywhere as long as they are open to criticism, have good customer service and are sure of their service.  Bt the way, In business, no criticism should be considered "damaging". There will always be problems, and  it could be your  customers that will suggest solutions or inform you of ways of serving them better. Blogs can be a priceless tool is used right.

Imnakoya:

What protection to have in place for consumers and business owners against charge backs? In the US card owners can dispute unauthorized purchase as you are well aware.
How would you handle return of merchandise?
Lastly, is there a merchant fee for business that accept your service? For example VISA, PAYPAL charge the merchant a fee, ususally monthly fee. How about you?

I'm yet to read the lingo on your website, maybe you have these covered there. You can sure use some PR...set up a blog site and make sure it is really interactive so your clientele can drop comments. You can also use that to educate your customer base. If you are really serious and have great customer service, you will go definitely far.

NairaEx do you have answer to these  questions please.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Seun(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2005
Imnakoya, I never mentioned blogs!

Blogs are closer to traditinal marketing channels than forums, because you can disable comments on your corporate blog (Google does this). Ultimately, on a forum like this, the best product wins in the end, since the advantages and disadvantages of your products will be debated by people who are generaly not being paid to promote your product.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by kbstar(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2005
Please we need advice if the service is worth trying. Novices like us may end up in wrong hands if proper caution is not maintained.

Iam always lost at solutions when it comes to paying for e-services such as premium membership subscriptions. If this could be a possible solution, I will be glad. But the fear of scamming remains where security of ones money is gauranteed, what about refund(or is it cashback) facility, should anything goes wrong?
Re: Introducing NairaEx by NairaEx(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2005
kbstar:

Please we need advice if the service is worth trying. Novices like us may end up in wrong hands if proper caution is not maintained.

Iam always lost at solutions when it comes to paying for e-services such as premium membership subscriptions. If this could be a possible solution, I will be glad. But the fear of scamming remains where security of ones money is gauranteed, what about refund(or is it cashback) facility, should anything goes wrong?

I thought we have had this issue covered? You are protected in the case of unauthorized transactions on your virtual VISA card. Our Issuing bank will have the transaction Charged Back. You only need to file a complaint with us and that will be taken care of.

One beautiful thing about our Virtual Visa card is that you can make it disposable. By this I mean you just get a card you can use for just what you want to pay for at a time. For example if you need to pay for something worth $57. We can just generate a card with $57 in it and that will be it for that transaction. You can decide to have that card reloaded with any amount you want when next you want to pay online or order for a fresh card.
Whichever way, it's your choice because it's your money!!!

Let me know by email (info@nairaex.com) if you have any more questions or concerns.

I look forward to serving your e-commerce payments need.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by mosiate(f): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2005
nariaex,this is an illegal advert you running on this site,if i'm rigth,but i hope you must have pay seun for this advert.and mind you this not allowed (saying this on behalve of seun)
Re: Introducing NairaEx by naijajams: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2005
NairaEx... I like the sound of your product, it definitely fills a need. A couple suggestions.
Your website doesn't appear particularly professional... that first impression is invaluable in converting someone that's causally interested into a customer.

mosiate, if this posting was so illegal, why didn't the site owner just delete/lock the thread rather than activerly participate in it?
Re: Introducing NairaEx by Seun(m): 3:06am On Jun 14, 2005
I just want you to know that I am not endorsing this product. In a private conversation, the representative was not willing to answer the following questions:

- Can you give me the names of the NairaEx principals and basic details about them? For example, where they studied and worked before NairaEx. Where they reside?
- Can you tell me something about the designer of your site?
- Can you tell me the registered name of your company (in Nigeria) and the registration number?

The account I was supposed to use to test the product (as per his/her offer) was also deleted after I asked these questions. So beware.
Re: Introducing NairaEx by mosiate(f): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2005
naijajams:

NairaEx... I like the sound of your product, it definitely fills a need.  A couple suggestions.
Your website doesn't appear particularly professional... that first impression is invaluable in converting someone that's causally interested into a customer.

mosiate, if this posting was so illegal, why didn't the site owner just delete/lock the thread rather than activerly participate in it?

Mr naijajam,have you heard what mr adminstrator have just said,pls beware cry
Re: Introducing NairaEx by seeni4ever(m): 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2005
i am 100% sure this is a scam
Re: Introducing NairaEx by larger20(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2006
Nairaex, what is the diffrent b/w your service and the nigerian valuecard. ?
Re: Introducing NairaEx by ijebu(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2006
I have not use NairaEX before, but I have been using similar cards which I get directly myself for quite sometime. They are gift cards which are a prepaid card. Check visa.com and www.bankofamerica.com/giftcard.
I don't know if NairaEx's card is similar to this. cool
Re: Introducing NairaEx by layi(m): 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2006
NairaEX Services,
First Floor, OGAMCO PLAZA,
290 Aba Road,
ARTILLERY Junction,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State,
NIGERIA

Can any1 in P/H help us check this out. I've since left P/H undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 19th Among 30 Nations In Retail Investment / UBA Introduces Video Live Chat With Co-browsing Technology / Pls,help How Can I Transfer From South Africa To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.