Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) (37205 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Pastor Orr Shocks His Congregation, "Floats" Into Church During Service (Pics) / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
The one who took the picture and the one reading newspaper inside the holy ground are equally yoked
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by bigpastor(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
The topic may be : Man Busy Taking Snapshots During A Worship Sevice. Both the Photographer and Newspaper reader are equally wrong.
I'm not altogether innocent either!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by MightySparrow: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
dying men in a dead church hearing an uninspiring message from Bleep? preacher.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by MistadeRegal(m): 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
There is no presence of GOD felt in the gathering. If there is he'll not be able to do that.

1 Like

Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Organs(m): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
lordkit2:
A Facebook user shared the photo and wrote "So,in the middle of the service, this man gets up and walks out. Emerges 7 or so minutes later with a newspaper and proceeds to read it. I don't do Amebo (busy body) but I almost asked him

"Dude,why'd you come??" #smh

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/06/19/man-pictured-reading-newspaper-during-church-service-in-lagos-state/

Why dont you face your business, Nigerians for ever judging others. If you'd asked me that question, i will spit in your face, wawa kawai. You are obviously not paying attention since you noticed his every move so maybe you should ask yourself that question first...
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Nickymezor(f): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hmmm, nawa ooo, no respect fr God again undecided His house no dey again?
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by sonsomegrigbo: 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
wetin consan me...

Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by ngelbee(f): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
Wha da Bleep
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by mapist(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't condemn his action,after all there is nothing new that would be preached in the church,it's still from the Bible that sermons would be recycled,or maybe he has a different perspective of what was being preached because most times,these priests and pastors preach according to their own understanding and sentiments,thereby imposing their opinions on others.
Anyway he should have just stayed at home,maybe he acted under compulsion or trying to please someone or maybe it wasn't really a church service,probably a programme​ like a wedding or burial mass... But even at that....
Maybe he saw something interesting in the newspaper... Why am I even stressing myself...Mtcheeeeeeew

Word @ sentiments
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Collinsiweadi(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
He could nt help himslf to avoide evens story
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by sisisioge: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
grin grin grin

From their chairs you can tell the church is on the same realm with Methuselah. No wonder, he's so bored.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by pawesome(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
lordkit2:
A Facebook user shared the photo and wrote "So,in the middle of the service, this man gets up and walks out. Emerges 7 or so minutes later with a newspaper and proceeds to read it. I don't do Amebo (busy body) but I almost asked him

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/06/19/man-pictured-reading-newspaper-during-church-service-in-lagos-state/

so u too na to d snap insyd church
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by hollah123: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
decatalyst:
So, he left the comfort of his home and airconditioned car to read flimsy lies on the pages of the new papers?

The village people after him are stronger than him grin
so how will we know that the pastor is not lieing to him to empty his pocket. the problem we Christians of nowadays have is that we tend to focus more on our pastors words n not what is written in the Bible. most Christians only open there Bible on Sunday, all they rely solely on is whatever there pastor says n with that that business man called pastor will just capitalize on that to make more money to buy private jet
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by slap1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
admax:
Lol....It can only be in an orthodox church!

Catholic, most likely. The ones I know hardly go to church with Bibles. No beef.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't condemn his action

Abeg, condemn am.
e fit try am with hin lecturer?
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by toloohthegreat: 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
decatalyst:
So, he left the comfort of his home and airconditioned car to read flimsy lies on the pages of the new papers?

The village people after him are stronger than him grin

by their hands, you shall know them
this is just a driver who is using opportunity to reaf thru oga's papers while in church. otherwise, he's too little too touch it while oga is on the move.
next...
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by middlebelter(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't condemn his action,after all there is nothing new that would be preached in the church,it's still from the Bible that sermons would be recycled,or maybe he has a different perspective of what was being preached because most times,these priests and pastors preach according to their own understanding and sentiments,thereby imposing their opinions on others.
Anyway he should have just stayed at home,maybe he acted under compulsion or trying to please someone or maybe it wasn't really a church service,probably a programme​ like a wedding or burial mass... But even at that....
Maybe he saw something interesting in the newspaper... Why am I even stressing myself...Mtcheeeeeeew

You and many other may not understand, given your comment above the essence of going to Church.
When you go to church, you are not going to hear new things. The Bible says, there is no new thing under the sun. So, when you go to church, you are going to meet God, your creator, the creator of heaven and earth. Note that God is spirit, you can't see Him with your eye, all our six senses cannot fully comprehend the greatness of God but he has appointed ministers to speak through them to us through the Holy Bible. So, when you go to church, before you live home, make a list of all you want God to do for you, listen to the word of God and then pray with all your heart and seriousness about the message and then your request. Thereafter look go ward to answer to your prayers in faith.
Church service is a two way traffic. You talk to God and God talks to you. God talks to you in two ways: through the message from the preacher and through your prayer. When you pray, then listen to God speak to your heart. You may not hear an audible voice but if you attentively pray in faith, He will respond.
So it's condemnable to buy newspapers and be reading in Church. If the same guy should go to PMB in Aso Rock and PMB decided to send one of his PA to discuss with him, will he be reading news paper that time? Beyond that, he is a bad influence and that can attract him punishment from the owner of the church who is on heaven.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by sshalom(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Rather unwholesome.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by sfinkzslot(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
decatalyst:
So, he left the comfort of his home and airconditioned car to read flimsy lies on the pages of the newspaper ?

grin

if I hear sad

Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by oake(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Perhaps, he was tired of hearing the same sermon being preached every sunday and wanted to hear something new(s). grin
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Themandator: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
eezeribe:

The person who made the post stated that it happened during service and you are supposing.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Themandator: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
probably one of those boring church/message. They tell u the service go end at 11.00 AM but whosai?it drag on to 1pm without any meaningful thing/message.

Catholic church mass is very boring and always never learnt any lesson for life's journey ....The day is stopped going there , I was in the mass and the Fr was doing homily that didn't speak to anything in me , I was lost in thought and all of a sudden I just signed , got up and left. After like a year , my parents called me and asked me and I told them I don't like to waste my time , that I am not been inspired or motivated by the masses I attend ....First bought strkng TV and followed tb Joshua every Sunday until k found my altar

1 Like

Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Themandator: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
blueseacats:
Obviously he was forced to come by his wife or someone. Then the pastor started shouting about tithe, reminding him why he never wanted to come in the first place.

If you have brain the seats would have told you it is an orthodox church
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Came: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
I sure say na that church way people dey touch their forehead, touch their chest, come touch their shoulders too... Very boring place, but doesn't justify the act of reading newspaper or taking picture during service.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Teeboi56: 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
lordkit2:

That is why ur religious is not a religiou
U can never do such thing inside Mosque
Islam is the way of life
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by kpomkwem(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
What of the OP that took the photo? He/she wasn't paying attention to the sermon, yet he/she's pointing out someone else, essentially trying to remove a speck of wood from someone else's eye instead of removing the log from his/her own eye.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by jfleece(m): 1:03am On Jun 20, 2017
Na bad thing to read newspaper for church Chale abeg shift make breeze touch me.
Re: Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) by Origin(f): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2017
He is either great at multitasking.

He is waiting for someone at the service, or was forced to come.

Or the thing wey de him mind (information on those page) don pass wetin pastor de talk.

Economy de affect people o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father Mbaka's Singer Gives Birth To Triplets After His Prophesy (Photo) / Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / CAN Declares Support For Fr Mbaka’s Prophecy On Buhari, Dankwambo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.