Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. (8672 Views)

Honda Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Second Time Over Takata Airbag Issues / Honda And Toyota Recall Additional 1million Vehicles For Faulty Takata Airbags / Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by autojosh: 9:52am On Jun 19, 2017
Takata which is a Japanese parts supplier is now ready to file for bankruptcy. This comes after the company supplied defective airbag inflators being responsible for the largest automotive recall in history.

A US auto parts maker, Key Safety Systems is already interested in buying over Takata’s assets for the some of 180 billion yen (N592 billion). This acquisition will be concluded under the name of a newly found company which would continue supplying airbags, seatbelts and other automotive products

Takata’s problems started after being sanctioned for supplying about 100 million defective airbag inflators to automakers around the world. These inflators explode with excessive force when a crash occurs spreading fragments allover the cabin of the vehicle. This has killed at least 16 people and more than 180 have been injured.

Now, they’ve been found guilty of crime and fined $1 billion ( N370 billion) in settlement. They have already paid some victims.. one victim got $25 million (N9 billion) and another got $125 million (N46 billion) while some others will be paid in 2018.

Do we have any Nigerian that has a claim from Takata? Let’s hear you in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/takata-reportedly-filing-for-bankruptcy-next-week-shares-suspended/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by autojosh: 9:53am On Jun 19, 2017

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by DaimlerBen(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
THIS IS A SAFETY ALERT!

About 4 years ago, a 6-year-old girl was killed in Asaba by an exploding airbag in a fender-bender.

This Takata airbag defect affects LOTS of cars, from Acura to Lexus, Audi , Mazda, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler (includes Dodge, Jeep), Mitsubishi, Ferrari, Nissan, Ford/Lincoln, Subaru, General Motors (includes Pontiac, Saab), Tesla, Honda, Toyota/Scion, Infiniti, Volkswagen, Jaguar/Land Rover.

Cars at the highest risk of explosions are older cars located in regions of high temperature & high humidity (Nigeria being a very typical example).

Please CHECK HERE to see if your car is affected.
There's also a VIN-lookup tool to enter your VIN & know if your car has been recalled.

There are also other Safety Recalls of equal importance we should check out.
For more safety tips, visit NHTSA.gov

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
shocked you mean one victim got N46billion?? How I wish I was one of the victims cry

3 Likes

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by blueheart(m): 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
this is seriously serious.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by aAK1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
shocked you mean one victim got N46billion?? How I wish I was one of the victims cry
careful what you wish for the recipients may actually be the victims family as the victims are probably dead

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by NwaAmaikpe: 7:17am On Jun 21, 2017
autojosh:
Takata which is a Japanese parts supplier is now ready to file for bankruptcy. This comes after the company supplied defective airbag inflators being responsible for the largest automotive recall in history.

A US auto parts maker, Key Safety Systems is already interested in buying over Takata’s assets for the some of 180 billion yen (N592 billion). This acquisition will be concluded under the name of a newly found company which would continue supplying airbags, seatbelts and other automotive products

Takata’s problems started after being sanctioned for supplying about 100 million defective airbag inflators to automakers around the world. These inflators explode with excessive force when a crash occurs spreading fragments allover the cabin of the vehicle. This has killed at least 16 people and more than 180 have been injured.

Now, they’ve been found guilty of crime and fined $1 billion ( N370 billion) in settlement. They have already paid some victims.. one victim got $25 million (N9 billion) and another got $125 million (N46 billion) while some others will be paid in 2018.

Do we have any Nigerian that has a claim from Takata? Let’s hear you in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/takata-reportedly-filing-for-bankruptcy-next-week-shares-suspended/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
shocked

OP the highlighted is incorrect.

Back to the topic;

A company has N592billion as assets and yet are filing for bankruptcy.
Davido has an imaginary N30billion and the whole world knows.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by oshe11: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2017
why wud they give sum1 46billion wen d person no die yl NYSC r giving dead pipo Imillion

This takata coy is a racist organisation
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by planetx13: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2017
Let's just hope the new company taking over will do a better job....... Didn't they test the airbags before supplying them??
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by toprealman: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2017
lofty900:
THE VICTIMS MOST CERTAINLY WILL HAPPILY SWARP PLACE WITH YOU. MONEY AINT EVERYTHING BUOY!

3 Likes

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by TANKDESTROYER(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2017
Can never happen in naija
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by bsideboii(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2017
What a sad one from Takata and the victims alike. They should have done trials on their own to avoid these avoidables but now its too late
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2017
lofty900:
Do u know if the actual victim died in that incident or rendered in permanent disability. Is that what u could have wish for urself.?
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by madbuhari: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Abeg my uncle died in Auto crash and all his family perished due to inferior airbag takata sold to TOYOTA... I'm the only surviving relative of the victims... I'm entitled to any compensation as the only survived victim relative... abeg how can I get my own share
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by muller101(m): 7:28am On Jun 21, 2017
lofty900:
all the victims died few weeks after.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 21, 2017
PHC1stBorn:

Do u know if the actual victim died in that incident or rendered in permanent disability. Is that what u could have wish for urself.?
In this hopeless Nigeria.. Yes.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by lrdval: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2017
46billion
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Iamwrath: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2017
eeeya

So they have billions in asset but still filing for bankruptcy ?
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:43am On Jun 21, 2017
lofty900:
plantain sense fall on u my broda.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by ZACHIE: 7:44am On Jun 21, 2017
lofty900:
You have no need for that great health you are enjoying.
Wait until it's gone and you will appreciate that it is all not about money.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Ugosample(m): 7:47am On Jun 21, 2017
ZACHIE:

You have no need for that great health you are enjoying.
Wait until it's gone and you will appreciate that it is all not about money.

Don't mind him...

Nigerians worship money too much
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by vedaxcool(m): 7:50am On Jun 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Back to the topic;

Blackman and boasting are

1 Like

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by fromnigeria(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2017
Iniquity is bad. Nemesis will always return.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by miqos02(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2017
hmmm
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Sezua(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Back to the topic;

In view of their contingent liabilities, they just might be truly bankrupt.
I did not notice i quoted this comedian.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by burkingx(f): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2017
grin

Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by gmajor10(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
DaimlerBen:
THIS IS A SAFETY ALERT!

About 4 years ago, a 6-year-old girl was killed in Asaba by an exploding airbag in a fender-bender.

This Takata airbag defect affects LOTS of cars, from Acura to Lexus, Audi , Mazda, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler (includes Dodge, Jeep), Mitsubishi, Ferrari, Nissan, Ford/Lincoln, Subaru, General Motors (includes Pontiac, Saab), Tesla, Honda, Toyota/Scion, Infiniti, Volkswagen, Jaguar/Land Rover.

Cars at the highest risk of explosions are older cars located in regions of high temperature & high humidity (Nigeria being a very typical example).

Please CHECK HERE to see if your car is affected.
There's also a VIN-lookup tool to enter your VIN & know if your car has been recalled.

There are also other Safety Recalls of equal importance we should check out.
For more safety tips, visit NHTSA.gov

The driver of that vehicle should be jailed, international standards requires a child to be at least 12 years of age before occupying front passenger seat.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by DaimlerBen(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2017
gmajor10:

The driver of that vehicle should be jailed, international standards requires a child to be at least 12 years of age before occupying front passenger seat.
Well, the child was hers, but that's not the point.
The accident wasn't severe enough to activate the airbag, yet it exploded.
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by gmajor10(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Well, the child was hers, but that's not the point.
The accident wasn't severe enough to activate the airbag, yet it exploded.

Defect or no defect, anyone under 12 should not be in front. They should be in the back seat buckled up. I drive round and see some men driving and carrying toddlers in front of the steering wheel, what happens when collision happens? Even if the other driver is at fault, still doesn't shield the negligence of victim. My personal take Sir
Re: Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week. by Ugosample(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
gmajor10:

Defect or no defect, anyone under 12 should not be in front. They should be in the back seat buckled up. I drive round and see some men driving and carrying toddlers in front of the steering wheel, what happens when collision happens? Even if the other driver is at fault, still doesn't shield the negligence of victim. My personal take Sir

You are very right

(1) (Reply)

Synthetic Motor Oil Versus Conventional Motor Oil Cold Pour Comparison Test / Uwemjacks New Powerbike - Simba (BMW F800ST) / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.