Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt (29911 Views)

Farmers & Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Bassa Kogi, Many Killed (Graphic Photos!!) / 1,000 Houses Burnt In Kasuwan Magani As Kaduna Mayhem Worsens / Many Killed In Kasuwan Magani, Kaduna As Mayhem Breaks Out (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by NLandIsHypocrit: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jiang:

They will retaliate, i will just advice people in d area to disappear, as this retaliation will be super massive.

You sound like a coward, are you?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by talk2emma: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
120 houses. Fulani man to build house ok
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
The Fulani are Resilient People trust me, They are the single most Majority tribe in Taraba state,
The have the Gassol, Jalingo 1,2, Gashaka part of Lau, Bali, etc, No one can wipe them. grin

coptic:

I hope you know that over 18 years and over 19 years don't mean the same thing?

So you are advocating for war abi?

If this continues, it will only be a matter of time before the Fulanis in Taraba are wiped off the surface of the earth.

Taraba is not Adamawa.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
Laburos:
The Fulani are Resilient People trust me, They are the single most Majority tribe in Taraba state,
The have the Gassol, Jalingo 1,2, Gashaka part of Lau, Bali, etc, No one can wipe them. grin

That's the normal Fulani life. They are scattered all over the place.

That doesn't make them the majority.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lol Look at this idiotic comment, Fulanis are the Most resilient People in Africa after the African Jews grin. They have over 5 Local Governments in Taraba Produce Deputy Governors, Senators, Reps, currently 31.5% of the Members in TSHA are fulanis No tribe have More than 3 except them.

Mr Coptic how will you wipe them out

coptic:

I hope you know that over 18 years and over 19 years don't mean the same thing?

So you are advocating for war abi?

If this continues, it will only be a matter of time before the Fulanis in Taraba are wiped off the surface of the earth.

Taraba is not Adamawa.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
This attack on the Fulani happened yesterday, Sunday 18th June, 2017, but I could not find the News in Punch or Vanguard Newspapers. I am not sure any Southern Newspaper carried the news. But If the Fulani's should retaliate, you may start seeing sensational headlines depicting Herdmen as Terrorrists. Double standard

senseless
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
They are the Majority In all those LGs i mentioned. dispute it with Facts or go get some sense at the Kutep center in Takum grin grin grin grin grin

coptic:

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Laburos:
Lol Look at this idiotic comment, Fulanis are the Most resilient People in Africa after the African Jews grin. They have over 5 Local Governments in Taraba Produce Deputy Governors, Senators, Reps, currently 31.5% of the Members in TSHA are fulanis No tribe have More than 3 except them.

Mr Coptic how will you wipe them out

So, who are the African Jews? cheesy

The are the majority in over five local governments, more like it.

So you mean the over 70% non-fulanis can't wipe 30% Fulanis? Even though you stats are exaggerated.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Liberal85(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
teamsynergy:
those that attacked them, were they army officers? cos this Fulani folks are armed, so burning 120 houses and killing them successfully is far fetched, kinda.
am not trying to be insensitive here, I just want proper investigation to be conducted.
It would be great if you asked for a proper investigation every other time you encounter such news,then you'd prove you're actually sensitive to the plight of humans
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Go get some sense I mean 5/16 of the state house of assembly are fulanis not that they are 30%.

The remaining tribes that made up your assumpt 70% are made up of over 50 tribes, Majorly Jukun, Kutep Ichen,Mambilla,Chambas etc or you believe all this tribes will gang up and wipe the Fulanis? undecided undecided undecided undecided

The tribes of Taraba are always at each others neck, The most backward state with the Most visionless Governor in Nigeria is Taraba, The Governor spend 4B to farm Cucumber worth 2b.

I hope I have slap sense into your head. smiley grin

The Jews are the Ndigbos (In Nnamdi Kanu Voice) grin grin grin grin grin

coptic:

So you mean the over 70% non-fulanis can't wipe 30% Fulanis? Even though you stats are exaggerated.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
Laburos:
Go get some sense I mean 5/16 of the state house of assembly are fulanis not that they are 30%.

The remaining tribes that made up your assumpt 70% are made up of over 50 tribes, Majorly Jukun, Kutep Ichen,Mambilla,Chambas etc or you believe all this tribes will gang up and wipe the Fulanis? undecided undecided undecided undecided

The tribes of Taraba are always at each others neck, The most backward state with the Most visionless Governor in Nigeria is Taraba, The Governor spend 4B to farm Cucumber worth 2b.

I hope I have slap sense into your head. smiley grin

The Jews are the Ndigbos (In Nnamdi Kanu Voice) grin grin grin grin grin

Oga, you said there are over 31% Fulanis in the Taraba State house of Assembly, alleging that in addition to the five LGAs they control, it'll be impossible to wipe them out. And I asked, so the remaining 69% cannot wipe out the 31?

Your explanation about the other tribes being at each others' throats answers that any way.

However, you must understand that when it comes to facing the Fulanis squarely, there's unity of purpose amongst all tribes.

That said, overall, the Taraba based Fulanis are among the most peaceful, tolerant, and educated. Although there are some troublesome elements among them.

We wouldn't have had as many issues if the other Fulanis were like that.

It's obvious that you are Fulani yourself, considering how much you are standing up for them here. Take the message of peace home, and not encourage war. They'll end up losing in the event of that.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by str8talk1: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
This attack on the Fulani happened yesterday, Sunday 18th June, 2017, but I could not find the News in Punch or Vanguard Newspapers. I am not sure any Southern Newspaper carried the news. But If the Fulani's should retaliate, you may start seeing sensational headlines depicting Herdmen as Terrorrists. Double standard

You are a bagger!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by ellagabs(f): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Bobby808:
He go be one of this quota region people. The worse of it all is that am not understanding him

i dey tel u.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by ellagabs(f): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
Justdare:

You know naa.
Speaker, Fulani herdsmen Association. wink
lols
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by MrIcredible: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
Are you a terrorist?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by ELPROF(m): 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hmmm... mambillas dnt take shit from no body
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by newdawn2017(f): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
My dear, e don tey wey Fulani men dey destroy people. 4 once such as Dis, let them eat their own food they ve always prepared & served other tribe with impudence undecided
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by KINGS100(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
What evidence does the news show to support their claim. this news is fake, No pictures, no real testimonies and only one media is awere lies everywere.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by KINGS100(m): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
What evidence does the news show to support their claim. this news is fake, No pictures, no real testimonies and only one media is awere lies everywere.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Kyase(m): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
kennygee:
Even the people in the North are not safe on the North.
why you chop your school fees
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by adetayo234: 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
Semper247:

Exactly what I am thinking...

Now that the president is a Fulani man, any attack on Fulani is welcome.

Let there be a rape case in Anambra, you will read on every tabloid how some Fulani raided a fa and raped women in Anambra. Who cursed thia country

Fulani had been attacking people and committing murder all along. They are only getting back the evils they have done to others
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by augustine: 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
magoo10:
this is what you get when there is an irresponsible govt in power,if the govts had stepped in to arrest the cases of herdsmen terror in the immediate past this wouldn't have happened,instead they concentrate their energy in killing innocent people,infact I congratulate Nigerians for keeping their peace even in the face of intimidation and temptations from these blood suckers. in other clime retaliation on these barbaric herders would have thrown the country into turmoil.
The game plan of the Fulanis is actually to cause a state of anarchy in the country, which will give the military the needed excuse to hijack power and use it without restraint to implement the hidden agendas. Of course we all know those that makeup 90% of the army. Some people are not comfortable with the checks and balances democracy offers.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
You sound like a coward, are you?

Well you could say that, after all cowards tend to live longer & i very much intend to see my great grand kids & tell them the stories of brave biafrans who where mowed down by the Nigerian army for the second time. Well that's all if my time ain't over, after all who knows how much time we got left
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
coptic:

Jukun fear Fulani?

Are you well at all?

If there's one tribe that can wipe the entire Fulani from the surface of the earth, then it's Jukun.
why did u single out jukun outta the many tribes in the state?

I guess you're a jukun man!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
coptic:

Oga, you said there are over 31% Fulanis in the Taraba State house of Assembly, alleging that in addition to the five LGAs they control, it'll be impossible to wipe them out. And I asked, so the remaining 69% cannot wipe out the 31?

Your explanation about the other tribes being at each others' throats answers that any way.

However, you must understand that when it comes to facing the Fulanis squarely, there's unity of purpose amongst all tribes.

That said, overall, the Taraba based Fulanis are among the most peaceful, tolerant, and educated. Although there are some troublesome elements among them.

We wouldn't have had as many issues if the other Fulanis were like that.

It's obvious that you are Fulani yourself, considering how much you are standing up for them here. Take the message of peace home, and not encourage war. They'll end up losing in the event of that.
the statement in that 4th paragraph is what I love most about this your comment....they are sweethearts at that!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
coptic:

they are majority in some of those LGAs bro!
Majority in....
JALINGO
ARDO KOLA
GASSOL
LAU
BALI

and quite a number of them in

GASHAKA
YORRO
ZING
SADAUNA.

this is because they co-exist more with MUMUYE as far as TARABA STATE is concerned
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 12:51am On Jun 20, 2017
baddosky1:
So Fulani people who are known to be heavily armed just stood in one place while militia from Mambilla invaded their settlement and burnt over 120 houses? This FAKE NEWS is meant to give the fulanis (who are most definitely planning an attack on the residents of Mambilla) a soft landing when it happens!

If you know what mambilla people are capable of, you will not doubt this news. In 2002, they carried a genocide on fulanis in Sardauna and sent almost 50,000 fulani refugees to Cameroon.
***Fulanis are not invincible in Taraba cos they have villages n towns there, so, hit n run does not work for them there.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by larrybee2017(f): 12:53am On Jun 20, 2017
ellagabs:

wo b dis?
Probably one of their cow cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 12:53am On Jun 20, 2017
loshybab:

they are majority in some of those LGAs bro!
Majority in....
JALINGO
ARDO KOLA
GASSOL
LAU
BALI

and quite a number of them in

GASHAKA
YORRO
ZING
SADAUNA.

this is because they co-exist more with MUMUYE as far as TARABA STATE is concerned

No, you are very very wrong. Fulanis can only claim majority in Jalingo n Gassol LGA.
In Lau, adk and bali, Jukun kona, mumuyes & jibawa outnumber them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 12:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Laburos:
The Fulanis in Mambila are the Most peaceful people Ive ever known, I lived for over 18 years in Mambilla and I have been visiting since i left in 2005.
Its true they were attacked and killed and Maim, Its a Pity they chose to allow the Mambilas to continue killing them I was there in 2002 when they were attacked it was horrible.
They should armed themselves for self defense or perish in the Hand of the Militias

Where have you been when fulanis have been killing others? Now, fulanis cannot escape attacks in Taraba cos they have many settlements there.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 1:02am On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

Which Taraba state are you people talking about with 30% fulani population? Are you counting all the muslims in the state as fulanis?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 1:11am On Jun 20, 2017
cococandy:
Let's assume this is true, will the so called Fulani attack the people who attached them first or will they attack other innocent tribes that have no business with them?
Questions for the soul

The attack is true and this attack is even child's play compared with the attacks these same mambilla people dealt on fulanis in 2002 which sent tens of thousands of fulani refugees to Cameroon.
Fulanis are nor invisible in Taraba and most parts of the north-east cos they have settlements there and their opponets easily know where to find them to retaliate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Stealing Another Man's Joystick / Man Kidnaps His Father In Oyo, Receives N1 Million Ransom / Micheal Chidozie: Police Arrest Activist For Beating Wife To Death In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.