Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 AM

Is Over Feeding A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Over Feeding A Sin? (5200 Views)

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Kondomondo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
I noticed that i eat a lot of late and my appetite is on a loose so i want to ask is over feeding a sin before God or does it in any way affects spiritual life?
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Kyase(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kondomondo:
I noticed that i eat a lot of late and my appetite is on a loose so i want to ask is over feeding a sin before God or does it in any way affects spiritual life?
Are you staying alone? If yes, then its allowed.
Those that are staying alone, will either over eat or over work

13 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 23, 2017
Brother,
This is a difficult subject to address....because on certain continents (where large segments of the population barely have enough food to eat on a regular basis), having an abundance of food is a sign of wealth in a sense.
However, we have to view "over-eating" or gluttony as considered a problem .
It has to do with "self-control" or temperance...which the Lord tells us we must exercise.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
King James Version (KJV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

It all boils down to being good stewards of the body given to us (by not abusing it)...because we are appreciative of the sacrifice made in order to redeem us.
We are all works in progress....

3 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by lepasharon(f): 3:36am On Jun 23, 2017
Ngo40:
Brother,
This is a difficult subject to address....because on certain continents (where large segments of the population barely have enough food to eat on a regular basis, having an abundance of food is a sign of wealth in a sense.
However, we have to view "over-eating" or gluttony is considered a problem .
It has to do with "self-control" or temperance...which the Lord tells us we must exercise.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
King James Version (KJV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

It all boils down to being good stewards of the body given to us (by not abusing it)...because we are appreciative of the sacrifice made in order to redeem us.
We are all works in progress....

Don't you think obese Christians are sinners?

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 24, 2017
lepasharon:

Don't you think obese Christians are sinners?

Well God wants us to practice "temperance" in ALL areas of one's life....which includes the process of eating.
He finds it extremely important.

Excess weight clearly indicates a deficiency somewhere....be it sickness, gluttony, emotional, pyschological or hereditary issues etc.

From a practical viewpoint, excess weight is unhealthy. So a balanced, healthy weight is the goal. There is a standard that Christians need to reach.
I know that other factors exist as to why some people may struggle with weight.
Trust me, we all have a struggle with "temperance" in some area of our lives.
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Martinez19(m): 1:23am On Jun 24, 2017
Religion is hocus pocus. Eat to quench your hunger and meet your nutritional needs. You should avoid too much junks and over eating because of your health. I am sure you want to live long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by chieveboy(m): 7:57am On Jun 24, 2017
You will one day learn that you only have a Cause and it's effects...

Sin is another story.

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by lepasharon(f): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2017
Ngo40:

Well God wants us to practice "temperance" in ALL areas of one's life....which includes the process of eating.
He finds it extremely important.

Excess weight clearly indicates a deficiency somewhere....be it sickness, gluttony, emotional, pyschological or hereditary issues etc.

From a practical viewpoint, excess weight is unhealthy. So a balanced, healthy weight is the goal. There is a standard that Christians need to reach.
I know that other factors exist as to why some people may struggle with weight.
Trust me, we all have a struggle with "temperance" in some area of our lives.

So...basically, they are sinners?

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Martinez19(m): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2017
lepasharon:

Religion dulls the senses my dear.

4 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 25, 2017
lepasharon:

Well as I said, obesity could be a result of certain factors...however if it's due to gluttony, then there's a problem. We are to practice "temperance" in all things. It's a Fruit of the Spirit.

Ezekiel 16:49
(KJV)
49 Behold, this was the iniquity (sin) of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Proverbs 23:2
(KJV)
2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.

Proverbs 23:20-21
(KJV)
20 Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:
21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by TheHistorian(m): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2017
I think it is.

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2017
I think the more appropriate question should be:

'Is the lack of self control a sin?'

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Alitair(m): 7:08am On Jun 25, 2017
Anything "over" is a sin. All things should be done moderately.

Though the bible encourages over-praying and fanaticism*

*Don't quote me on that!

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by bruno554(m): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2017
Religion has ntn to do eating
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by kdon0000: 7:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Islamically, intentionally overfeeding one self is a sin

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by ldinma(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2017
So hunger no be sin but over feeding na sin

9 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by donkaz2(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Over feeding is not good for so many reason.
1. Many people have little or nothing to feed while u over feed urself
2. It makes u think less for either a short time or long time
3. It can lead to u being obese
4. Over feeling makes u lazy
5. It's make u consume more and irrelevant things into ur body as u might end up eating excess junks ur body don't need which can lead to the deposit of fats in ur body
6. It can kill u.... .. .... ... just to say a few grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by davibid: 7:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by banmee(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2017
Kondomondo:

Doing anything in excess is not a sin. It is bad period.

4 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Andykruiz(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2017
It's not what goeth into a man that defileth him but what comes out of him.

1 Like

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by joeace2020(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2017
Ngo40:

Well as I said, obesity could be a result of certain factors...however if it's due to gluttony, then there's a problem. We are to practice "temperance" in all things. It's a Fruit of the Spirit.

Ezekiel 16:49
(KJV)
49 Behold, this was the iniquity (sin) of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Proverbs 23:2
(KJV)
2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.

Proverbs 23:20-21
(KJV)
20 Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:
21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

SMH!! Religion completely dulls the senses.

4 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by psalmson001: 7:37am On Jun 25, 2017
Proverbs 13:25 "The righteous person eats his fill/satisfaction, but the belly of the wicked is empty."

I'm not so sure if this passage applies in this context coz the bible can be very confusing some times.

So personally, I don't think there is anything wrong in overfeeding.........but if after uv overfed urself, u then allow the leftovers to go to waste, then there is a problem.
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Yemea1: 7:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Yes.
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Jaynom(m): 7:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Kondomondo:
I don't think it affects your spiritual life(I'm no pastor) but Too much of everything is BAD!
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by kingvick09(m): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2017
I noticed that i eat a lot of late and my appetite is on a loose so i want to ask is over feeding a sin before God or does it in any way affects spiritual life?,
Answer:overfeeding can only be a sin when you have people that cnt afford to feed dem selves yet you are overeating..
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2017
Kondomondo:

Are you aware of people staving within your immediate vicinity?
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by hopefulLandlord: 7:59am On Jun 25, 2017
Christians can't even agree on anything despite claiming to talk to the same holy spirit who tells them correct truths check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3844519/meaninglessness-deep-personal-relationship-jesus
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by SUNDICOS(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2017
Eat as much as you can NWANNE, nke Onye ritere ka obu ana nmoo

6 Likes

Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2017
Wasting food is a sin.
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by crunchyg: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2017
Kondomondo:
Too much of everything is bad and BAD is SIN
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Ahmeduana(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2017
ACCORDING TO MY FAITH, (ISLAM) EXCESS OF THINGS IS BAD, MODERATION IS ONE OF THE KEYS TO BUILD YOUR FAITH!
Re: Is Over Feeding A Sin? by Miraxzeebility(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2017
Is over Praying a sin?

That should answer the question Op

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland / How To Know That You Have Faith / What's This About Firstfruits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.