Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (59878 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole: Pain Of Rigging An Election Is Hard To Accept - PDP, FFK React / Kayode Ogundamisi And FFK's Tweets On TY Danjuma’s Statement / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2017
cristianisraeli:

the problem u have is thinking u know better than everyone...wetin grammar don bring u...i can make my case online..it can always start from somewhere b4 we march down there..revolution always start from somewhere capish....tell us are u christian or muslim

arabic is islam and islam is arabic,ok.....ur phd grammar cant change history

1. It is when you are incapable of making intelligent arguement then you resort to statements like
wetin grammar don bring u.....
2. Do I need to be a Muslim to make rational submissions on the discussion in context?
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

obviously that needs no telling.....you both have the same level of intelligence

yea our intelligence d same..atleast u got the message she was passing across to u and i got the message as well and if u can say missionaries are going to saudi arabia acountry that dont even allow bibles...then u must not be living on planet earth maybe pluto...DO U KNOW THE CITY OF MEDINA WAS A JEWISH SETTLEMENT B4??do u know iraq.syria,jordan,turkey they were all christian countries b4 the muslims conquered and took over??dont sound like missionaries are taking christianity there...those places have christian foundation already

Saudi Arabia allows Catholics and Christians of other denominations to enter the country as foreign workers for temporary work, but does not allow them to practise their faith openly. As a result, Catholics and Christians of other denominations generally only worship in secret within private homes.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world without any church buildings, an indication of the level to which both public and private life are defined by Islam. When it comes to persecution, it’s especially the migrant Christians from low-income countries who are affected and treated badly because of their ethnicity and economic status in society

1 Like

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

1. It is when you are incapable of making intelligent arguement then you resort to statements like
2. Do I need to be a Muslim to make rational submissions on the discussion in context?

theres nothing intelligent about what u are saying...telling us its arabic language and not islamic studies..how is that intelligent man

we are talking about a language thats based on religion so yes..i need to know which side ur on...if ur a christian i can know how to address u better and make u understand what u dont know about stealth jihad and tell u to wake up from ur slumber,ok.

then if ur a muslim then i will know what to tell u...arabic is a religious language...u cant divorce then both,ok.
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by dyydxx: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

My Bros,

Let me put your question in perspective, hopefully you will see my answer.

1. Whatever was the criteria for choosing Arabic, it is instructive to note that Arabic has been a subject in the curriculum since the 80s to the best of my knowledge. So it is not a new introduction

I never said it was a new introduction, infact I am not disputing it. it's instructive you don't really know the criteria for them settling on Arabic, even if it's been there since the 80s or 60s sef. That it is not a new introduction doesn't mean we can't call into question the reason it is put there.
mapet:

2. You also need to understand how subjects are introduced into the students curriculum. I do not think "immediate surrounding" is the only criteria

So what then are the other criterias? You still haven't been able to come up with the reason for choosing Arabic. I can tell you authoritatively the reason for choosing french is because Nigeria is surrounded by francophone countries in its region. it makes logical sense to study french and not Portuguese or italian.
mapet:

3. This statement is not factual....and I dare say it is just a reflection of your feelings/opinion. Arabic is useful and spoken by both muslim faithfuls and others. In the business world, many multinationals of western origin operating in the middle east have special language courses in Arabic for their expats. Arabic is useful to Christian, as knowledge of it enhances evangelism......and trust me on this, there are missionary move currently to evangelise the muslim world from Libya to the heart of Saudi Arabia

Arabic is the lingua franca of the Islamic world. If this statement is false please show with proof that I am lieing. PERIOD While it is true that there are arabic christians or Jews and non muslims use it, it is the language for the islamic faithful. it is the essence of the religion. You can't be a muslim without a rudimentary understanding of arabic. Offcourse, if you are operating in the middle east where over 99% of the people speak arabic to do anything there you need to be able to speak the language. This is a moot point since you have to interact with the locals. As for evangelism, good luck in Saudi Arabia where if caught you will be beheaded. I don't know about Libya but Libya is currently unstable with no kind of Government there as at today.

mapet:

4. ....How did you come to this misconstrued notion, with no factual reference? Since there is already provision for IRK, if there is anything to help Muslims "understand and assimilate the religion", logically is should be IRK. Arabic is a language just like any other language.....But let's flip this around, and ask of what use will French be to the northerners if their commerce orientation is drifted towards the Middle East? But you know what? Some of these Northerners also speak French because of their proximity to French speaking African countries (Niger & Cameroun)

it's simple. Arabic is the lingua franca of the islamic world. You can learn IRK without going deep into Arabic, but with Arabic it cements your understanding and makes it easy to go deeper into the religion. This is very obvious. They go together. Good, so arabic was put there with the middle east in mind, creating closer ties with the arabs. If it's not for religious and cultural reasons, what's the purpose. I'm glad you have admitted this. Like I said it makes perfect sense to be able to communicate with your neighbours. If Nigeria were surrounded by Arabic countries I wont be having this discussion with you.

mapet:

5. . If going by your argument Arabic helps one religion (Islam) but not the others (Christianity for example), can we by the same token ask why do the policy retain English language which helps one religion (Christianity) but not the other (Islam). Perspectives! Perspectives!! Perspectives!!!

This is where you are wrong. English is not the lingua franca of the christian world. Infact, the scriptures were not written in English. The scriptures were written in Hebrew and Greek. The Old testament was written in Hebrew, which is a Jewish Language and the New testament was written in Greek. It was later translated to English and all other languages, including arabic and the likes. So it's not like English helps Christianity.

mapet:

6............but that said, a bigger question is Arabic Studies in the curriculum has always been an optional subject. In this new curriculum it is one of the optional subjects in the maximum 2 elective course provisions. How as that hurt anybody? Even the Muslims can choose not to take Arabic. I remember in my school days, some Muslim students chose CRK as against IRK

On the face this seems harmless and I am inclined to agree with you. But considering the suspicion of the Islamic fundamentalist that have so far been the one in power most times in Nigeria and there subtle ways to islamise the country, one needs to be very observant of any processes that want to distrupt the secular nature of the entity called Nigeria. When Babangida registered Nigeria as a member of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, violating the secular nature of the country he did it subtly with no Government Gazette. Nigeria is still a member till date. The goal of the islamic fundamentalist is to effect an islamic takeover of the country Nigeria and impose Sharia Law and the only reason this hasn't happened yet is because they lack the population to do it. So we need to be careful. Arabic studies that further cements Islam in a secular nation like Nigeria is sowing the seeds for a subtle take over and imposition of Islamic Law on the whole country.

mapet:

This your proposal ideally passes through debates at break-out sessions during the National Educational Summit, where all the seasoned education professionals and leaders of thought in Education, National Policies and Business debate the relevance, viability, resource capacity and timing of any of the languages. My question to you is Do you want us to introduce Spanish, Swahili, German or Cantonese/Mandarin into our curriculum just to "counter-balance" Arabic or that it is absolutely relevant to our National Educational strategic objective?

Spanish is the 2nd most spoken Language in the world in terms of native speakers while Mandarain is the First. In terms of globalisation those are my reasons for proposing those subjects. There is no purpose for arabic apart from forging ties with the middle east. why not forge ties with China or Brazil or the global and emerging superpowers like Russia and the rest. why the Middle East?

mapet:

8. Finally,

Well except you can show me stats that the objective of Arabic Studies is to propagate Islam, I will take this statement as not factual. Secondly, Arabic studies is optional..... therefore will be useful to those that opts to take it. Of what purpose is Arabic to Nigeria students? Simple, the knowledge of a second language increases their potential to compete in the International business, education and socio-cultural space.

I will repeat for the umpteenth time, Arabic is the lingua franca of the islamic world. Arabic is the liturgical language of Islam. Feel free to correct me if i have made false statements with my claims.

It is optional, but why is there in the first instance...why don't we have french and spanish or french and swahili? we agree a second language increases potential to compete and forge ties. We are only wondering why it's arabic of all the plethora of languages available in the world

1 Like

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2017
dyydxx:

I never said it was a new introduction, infact I am not disputing it. it's instructive you don't really know the criteria for them settling on Arabic, even if it's been there since the 80s or 60s sef. That it is not a new introduction doesn't mean we can't call into question the reason it is put there.

So what then are the other criterias? You still haven't been able to come up with the reason for choosing Arabic. I can tell you authoritatively the reason for choosing french is because Nigeria is surrounded by francophone countries in its region. it makes logical sense to study french and not Portuguese or italian.

Arabic is the lingua franca of the Islamic world. If this statement is false please show with proof that I am lieing. PERIOD While it is true that there are arabic christians or Jews and non muslims use it, it is the language for the islamic faithful. it is the essence of the religion. You can't be a muslim without a rudimentary understanding of arabic. Offcourse, if you are operating in the middle east where over 99% of the people speak arabic to do anything there you need to be able to speak the language. This is a moot point since you have to interact with the locals. As for evangelism, good luck in Saudi Arabia where if caught you will be beheaded. I don't know about Libya but Libya is currently unstable with no kind of Government there as at today.

it's simple. Arabic is the lingua franca of the islamic world. You can learn IRK without going deep into Arabic, but with Arabic it cements your understanding and makes it easy to go deeper into the religion. This is very obvious. They go together. Good, so arabic was put there with the middle east in mind, creating closer ties with the arabs. If it's not for religious and cultural reasons, what's the purpose. I'm glad you have admitted this. Like I said it makes perfect sense to be able to communicate with your neighbours. If Nigeria were surrounded by Arabic countries I wont be having this discussion with you.

This is where you are wrong. English is not the lingua franca of the christian world. Infact, the scriptures were not written in English. The scriptures were written in Hebrew and Greek. The Old testament was written in Hebrew, which is a Jewish Language and the New testament was written in Greek. It was later translated to English and all other languages, including arabic and the likes. So it's not like English helps Christianity.

On the face this seems harmless and I am inclined to agree with you. But considering the suspicion of the Islamic fundamentalist that have so far been the one in power most times in Nigeria and there subtle ways to islamise the country, one needs to be very observant of any processes that want to distrupt the secular nature of the entity called Nigeria. When Babangida registered Nigeria as a member of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, violating the secular nature of the country he did it subtly with no Government Gazette. Nigeria is still a member till date. The goal of the islamic fundamentalist is to effect an islamic takeover of the country Nigeria and impose Sharia Law and the only reason this hasn't happened yet is because they lack the population to do it. So we need to be careful. Arabic studies that further cements Islam in a secular nation like Nigeria is sowing the seeds for a subtle take over and imposition of Islamic Law on the whole country.

Spanish is the 2nd most spoken Language in the world in terms of native speakers while Mandarain is the First. In terms of globalisation those are my reasons for proposing those subjects. There is no purpose for arabic apart from forging ties with the middle east. why not forge ties with China or Brazil or the global and emerging superpowers like Russia and the rest. why the Middle East?

I will repeat for the umpteenth time, Arabic is the lingua franca of the islamic world. Arabic is the liturgical language of Islam. Feel free to correct me if i have made false statements with my claims.

It is optional, but why is there in the first instance...why don't we have french and spanish or french and swahili? we agree a second language increases potential to compete and forge ties. We are only wondering why it's arabic of all the plethora of languages available in the world

thank u for giving mr mapet this phd lecture that he truly needed so badly..atleast u wont say this is unintelligent..LOL
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 10:43am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

mr mapet..u say theres no religious tension in nigeria and u call me and the lady unintelligent..well,,check this link below and tell me what thats called...grammar does not make u intelligent man or trying to tell us islamic and arabic are 2 different stuffs is highly unintelligent..so i guess we know whos unintelligent now... a churche and mosque burnt in rives state..now whats what called??am waiting

https://www.nairaland.com/3873351/rivers-indigenes-hausa-clash-onne
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2017
See my answers in Red

dyydxx:

This is a needless argument if you have understood my explanation earlier on. Why is Arabic a language of study in Nigerian Schools? Simply because those that deemed it necessary to their curriculum made a case for it and got it approved....just like French and any of the Nigerian languages. Expecting me to give you micro details beyond this is useless. But if you want insights, it is credible enough that at the time delegates representing a substantial number of the people made a case, articulated and justified it.

You can tell me authoritatively? based on your spoken words alone? Pls, spare me a rhetoric that falls flat and not well researched. Going by your reasoning should we then limit the languages taught in schools to only those in close proximity to us,as of the objective is to relate only with immediate neighours.

Is the fact that Arabic is spoken in the Islamic world any argument? Does the fact that Arabic being the Liturgical language of Islam make it any less a standard language? But you only need to read up about Arabic Language (I suggest Wikipedia for starters) and see that your view is utterly limited

Since you limited yourself to seeing proximity as the only criteria for Language subject (ridiculous in itself), hence you're needlessly elongating a needless argument. Let me thread this part of yours to further debunk your assertion. In these Francophone countries, Arabic is actually co-official language - Chad & Djibouti. It is Official language in Niger, Mali, Senegal and even South Sudan. So going by your view (that French as a subject is chosen because it is spoken by neighboring countries) and in this context, how is Arabic language any different from French? Record has it that Arabic is spoken in African more than French

I never said English is the lingua franca of the Christian world (whatever that means). But tell me, when Christianity was brought Nigeria, was it brought to you in Hebrew or Greek? When CMS came and introduced western education in Nigeria, were they done in Hebrew? Tell me how English has not "helped" Christianity?

You know what. I want to limit my argument here to facts and not conjectures and suspicions. The OIC and related issues I will discuss under another premise. Trying to bring it into this and making it seem a credible argument falls flat here. Arabic Studies in schools predated our joining OIC. Besides I can not argue perceived intentions when Christians also legitimately have theirs.

Perspectives! again. Yes it is desirable to have Spanish in our curriculum. I for one will want my children to learn at least two other international language. But what I see you do is interpreting Data to suite your whims. Ok let's flip again, data also says Arabic is actually the second most spoken language in Africa (According to http://www.africaranking.com/most-spoken-languages-in-africa/5/), and the 4th most spoken language in the world (according to http://www.photius.com/rankings/languages2.html) much more than French. Does this not validate the need to put it in the curriculum?

You are wondering why the top most spoken language in Africa other than English and one to the top 5 spoken language in the world is in the curriculum?

1 Like

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2017
cristianisraeli:

thank u for giving mr mapet this phd lecture that he truly needed so badly..atleast u wont say this is unintelligent..LOL

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

....this is very good of you, stand by the sidelines and watch how intellectual engagement beyond your reasoning capacity takes place

1 Like

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2017
cristianisraeli:

mr mapet..u say theres no religious tension in nigeria and u call me and the lady unintelligent..well,,check this link below and tell me what thats called...grammar does not make u intelligent man or trying to tell us islamic and arabic are 2 different stuffs is highly unintelligent..so i guess we know whos unintelligent now... a churche and mosque burnt in rives state..now whats what called??am waiting

https://www.nairaland.com/3873351/rivers-indigenes-hausa-clash-onne

context! Context!! Context!!!

I cannot help you beyond this

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

....this is very good of you, stand by the sidelines and watch how intellectual engagement beyond your reasoning capacity takes place

keep hiding behind dictionary words..dude am working..do u expect me to write long grammar for u to get my message...no matter how try and twist the whole thing...arabic is islamic..u refuse to answer if u are christian or muslim?
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 11:58am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

context! Context!! Context!!!

I cannot help you beyond this

help urself first man..that lady was right..u get ur news from iya biliki..LOL...no offence to iyabiliki...LOL..na for nairaland u day form ur own professor...u think u can twist it to deceive people...but people are smarted and wiser than u and ur taqqiya cant work on here..

for a full grown dictionary speaking man to tell me and everyone on here that theres no religious tension in nigeria...this means something is wrong somewhere..
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by dyydxx: 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

This is a needless argument if you have understood my explanation earlier on. Why is Arabic a language of study in Nigerian Schools? Simply because those that deemed it necessary to their curriculum made a case for it and got it approved....just like French and any of the Nigerian languages. Expecting me to give you micro details beyond this is useless. But if you want insights, it is credible enough that at the time delegates representing a substantial number of the people made a case, articulated and justified it.

Who are the those that deemed it necessary to their curriculum in a secular state like Nigeria? You mean delegates representing the Islamic North, at least we are getting somewhere. Justified on what basis? You still haven’t given any logical reasoning for Arabic apart from it’s religious or cultural significance. You are starting to sound like an Islamic Apologist, desperately saying it’s for another reason we don’t know off but you won’t articulate.
mapet:

You can tell me authoritatively? based on your spoken words alone? Pls, spare me a rhetoric that falls flat and not well researched. Going by your reasoning should we then limit the languages taught in schools to only those in close proximity to us,as of the objective is to relate only with immediate neighours

Why don’t you show me your well researched facts that negate my assertions. If you have a superior argument that clearly shows French was put in for other reasons apart from it’s proximity to our nation, please furnish them.
I never implied by the way that proximity should be the only consideration but in the case of French that is the case.

mapet:

Is the fact that Arabic is spoken in the Islamic world any argument? Does the fact that Arabic being the Liturgical language of Islam make it any less a standard language? But you only need to read up about Arabic Language (I suggest Wikipedia for starters) and see that your view is utterly limited

It is a factor in a country that is supposed to be religiously neutral without any kind of State Religion. You are have a language that is solely the language of a religion and it’s not a problem. If Nigeria were an Islamic State, no quams but adding Arabic to a Language in the curriculum without other religious Languages is a problem since only one language perpetuates and cements the understanding of the religion.

mapet:

Since you limited yourself to seeing proximity as the only criteria for Language subject (ridiculous in itself), hence you're needlessly elongating a needless argument. Let me thread this part of yours to further debunk your assertion. In these Francophone countries, Arabic is actually co-official language - Chad & Djibouti. It is Official language in Niger, Mali, Senegal and even South Sudan. So going by your view (that French as a subject is chosen because it is spoken by neighboring countries) and in this context, how is Arabic language any different from French? Record has it that Arabic is spoken in African more than French

Nigeria is a country in West Africa. Nigeria shares land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Its coast lies on the Gulf of Guinea in the south and it borders Lake Chad to the northeast
Curious you are mentioning Djibouti( country located on the Horn of Africa,near Ethiopia.)
Mali (West Africa), Senegal(West Africa) and South Sudan(Eastern Africa), all almost 90% majority muslim countries. Also the official languages in Mali and Senegal are French, even south sudan is English although being almost 90% Islamic you can expect Arabic to be part of their national Languages. what happened to Ghana, Togo, Cameroon and Ivory Coast
But Swahili is spoken more than Arabic in Africa,if that is your contention..so why not Swahili? Why does it have to be Arabic? You have to admit it’s because of the religion. When you do then we can move on too more important discussions

mapet:

I never said English is the lingua franca of the Christian world (whatever that means). But tell me, when Christianity was brought Nigeria, was it brought to you in Hebrew or Greek? When CMS came and introduced western education in Nigeria, were they done in Hebrew? Tell me how English has not "helped" Christianity

A country doesn’t choose those that colonised it. Maybe you should direct your questions to God almighty on why our colonial masters where the English and believe in Christianity and not the Islamic caliphs and crusaders. If the Islamic caliph were our colonial masters like most of North Africa we would have had an Islamic system and it would have been an Islamic country. This is what happened in the North with the Sokoto Caliphate and the Usman dan fodio crusaders and why there is this constant battle every time over ideology and identity.

mapet:

You know what. I want to limit my argument here to facts and not conjectures and suspicions. The OIC and related issues I will discuss under another premise. Trying to bring it into this and making it seem a credible argument falls flat here. Arabic Studies in schools predated OIC

Again if you have superior facts please take me to the cleaners. Nigeria joined the OIC in the 80s. I don’t know when Arabic was introduced into the curriculum but Nigeria is not an Islamic country and we have no business in such an organisation meant to propagate Islam and Islamic values. Arabic is a step closer in Islamising the Whole Country. Before long there will be calls to make Arabic our official Language. The Islamic takeover continues

mapet:

Perspectives! again. Yes it is desirable to have Spanish in our curriculum. I for one will want my children to learn at least two other international language. But what I see you do is interpreting Data to suite your whims. Ok let's flip again, data also says Arabic is actually the second most spoken language in Africa (According to http://www.africaranking.com/most-spoken-languages-in-africa/5/), and the 4th most spoken language in the world (according to http://www.photius.com/rankings/languages2.html) much more than French. Does this not validate the need to put it in the curriculum?

Ok why don’t we go for the first spoken in Africa and first spoken in the World. According to your sources, they are not Arabic. Why do we have the 2nd most spoken in Africa and 4th most spoken in the World? Why can’t we go for the 1st in both Categories.

mapet:

You are wondering why the top most spoken language in Africa other than English and one to the top 5 spoken language in the world is in the curriculum?

I am wondering why other Languages that are the top are not included. Why can’t we have the Top 5 so there is a wide range of options. Why must it be French or Arabic?
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by bencarson007(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
sarrki:

Your hero Gej and governor Nyesom wike changed it in 2012

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/primary-junior-secondary-schools-get-new-curriculum/amp/

According to the Executive Secretary of the parastatal, Prof. Godswill Obioma, the implementation of the revised curriculum will commence next year in Primary 1 and JSS 1 classes nationwide after its ratification by the Joint Consultative Council on Education (JCCE) and the National Council on Education (NCE), adding that the workshop is the final phase of the series of workshops and consultations with critical stakeholders of education for the review of the curriculum.

The Professor of Mathematics Education and Evaluation explains that while the structure of the existing 9-year BEC comprises of 20 subjects, the newly revised structure has ten subjects. This reduction in subject’s listings, according to the NERDC boss, was achieved by grouping related disciplines.

His words; “Related UBE subjects curricula like Home Economics and Agriculture are brought together to create a new UBE subjects curriculum called Pre-Vocational Studies. Similarly, Islamic Studies, Christian Religious Studies, Social Studies, Civic  Education and so forth that focus primarily on the inculcation of values (societal, moral, interpersonal) now form a new UBE subject called Religion and National Values.”

OGA DO YOU READ AT ALL?
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by leonine1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
boring
hatbricker:
Isn't this worth talking about?
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by nobsalis: 5:57am On Jun 22, 2017
big ups mapet for trying to put some senses into Cristianisraeli we all tried also but failed.... Now i knw he got a blocked brain so full of religious bigotry and sentiment....! I pity his type tho: Mr dyydxx is even more constructive Dan himself. Like i did say before now Mr mapet u have tried ur best just free him.
And finally d Minister of Education did clear d air on dis issue yesterday duric Federal Executive meeting, so i guess dis dies down all dis needless argument #Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by nobsalis: 6:36am On Jun 22, 2017
okay okay. You want the lingua franca as English. Then the school electives as French and Spanish right? At least we read our bibles with English, so how would the Muslims read their Koran? I am not a Muslim, as a matter of fact I am Christian but frankly you are very selfish. There are over 70 million Christians in Nigeria who need English to study their bibles. There are also over 70 million Muslims who need Arabic to study their Koran. So is Spanish more beneficial to Nigeria than Arabic? You are selfish

cristianisraeli:

theres nothing intelligent about what u are saying...telling us its arabic language and not islamic studies..how is that intelligent man

we are talking about a language thats based on religion so yes..i need to know which side ur on...if ur a christian i can know how to address u better and make u understand what u dont know about stealth jihad and tell u to wake up from ur slumber,ok.

then if ur a muslim then i will know what to tell u...arabic is a religious language...u cant divorce then both,ok.
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 9:58am On Jun 22, 2017
nobsalis:
okay okay. You want the lingua franca as English. Then the school electives as French and Spanish right? At least we read our bibles with English, so how would the Muslims read their Koran? I am not a Muslim, as a matter of fact I am Christian but frankly you are very selfish. There are over 70 million Christians in Nigeria who need English to study their bibles. There are also over 70 million Muslims who need Arabic to study their Koran. So is Spanish more beneficial to Nigeria than Arabic? You are selfish

am warning u stop insulting me..because when i start with u now u will say this and that..remember u started with the insult first..u are a weak christian and the bible was not originally in english...ok...can it sink inside ur head now...repeat after me so it can sink in..THE BIBLE WAS NOT ORIGINALLY IN ENGLISH..dont give me that crap of how do we expect thme to read their koran...they should change the language to english like the christians did,ok...i told u to stick to facebook and instagram and leave world issues to people that know,ok..convert to islam already since u like arabic so so much

whats stopping them from reading their koran in english..what ur mustard seed brain dont know is that ARABIC IS A RELIGIOUS LANGUAGE...NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS...IS IT SINKING IN NOW..U TRULY NEED SOME HISTORY LESSON AND I CAN GIVE U SOME HOME WORK...

GO FIND OUT THE PEOPLE THAT STARTED SPEAKING ARABIC FOR THE FIRST TIME..
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2017
nobsalis:
big ups mapet for trying to put some senses into Cristianisraeli we all tried also but failed.... Now i knw he got a blocked brain so full of religious bigotry and sentiment....! I pity his type tho: Mr dyydxx is even more constructive Dan himself. Like i did say before now Mr mapet u have tried ur best just free him.
And finally d Minister of Education did clear d air on dis issue yesterday duric Federal Executive meeting, so i guess dis dies down all dis needless argument #Thanks

i swear to God if i start with u...i would be a bully and i hate bullies...why not put some sense into ur clogged brain and stop licking peoples ass online...nobody can change my views of how i see things..get that into ur braids skull...stop mentioning me on this issues no more..i have said my own part and everyone have the right to say what he or she want to say...believe what u want...i dont care...one more insult again from u directed at me..then..i would have to fully insult u..remember u were crying and telling me to know how to talk to strangers this shows ur a big time hypocrite...am not the ass licking type and follow follow like u and am not a weak and naive christian like u..dont worry when the time comes its the chrisitans like me and others that are not naive that will fight for u while u cry and hide indoors,christians are been murdered and taken as slaves all over the world..i know AIT and NTA dont show them..but instead of ass licking with ur little data use it and read news about christian persecution around the world and even in nigeria.u think dictionary grammar of the guys ass u are licking will move me...somebody that gets his news from iyabiliki..LOL...someone that does not even now that theres religious tension in nigeria..its because of weak christians like u that made the muslims conquer half of the world b4 the pope sent the crusaders...GUESS WHAT..THE POPE WONT SEND THEM ANYMORE..U DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CRUSADERS MEAN...SOMEPEOPLE SAVED CHRISTIANITY THAT U ENJOY TODAY...STICK TO SNAP CHAT AND MAKE UPS PLEASE..when u stay are home and facebook all day some women are fighting to save christianity

Christian Female Battalion Formed to Fight ISIS in Syria

A group of about 50 Syrian Christian women have left their homes, jobs, and children to form a new battalion to fight the encroaching ISIS terrorists.

The battalion is called the Female Protection Forces of the Land Between the Two Rivers - referring to the Tigris and the Euphrates.

The unit began graduating recruits in August from its training base in Al-Qahtaniyeh, a town located near the Syrian-Iraqi border about 62 miles west of Mosul, according to an AFP story published last week in The Times of Israel.

ISIS, which has forced many women and girls into sexual slavery, has also driven thousands of Syrian Christians from their homeland since civil war began in the region in March, 2011.

While the all-female unit currently focuses most on defending the Christian parts of Syria's northeastern Hasakeh Province, Thabirta Samir, 24, says the women know they will be facing ISIS at some time in the future.

“I’m not afraid of Daesh (ISIS), and we will be present in the coming battles against the terrorists,” said Samir, who is partially in charge of training. She previously worked for a Syriac cultural association.

Babylonia, a 36-year-old mother of two, told AFP that she left her hairdressing job and is ready to fight ISIS for the safety and future of her children.“I’m a practicing Christian and thinking about my children makes me stronger and more determined in my fight against Daesh.

“I miss Limar and Gabriella and worry that they must be hungry, thirsty and cold. But I try to tell them I’m fighting to protect their future."

Babylonia said her husband, also a fighter, encouraged her to join the women warriors against ISIS to “fight against the idea that the Syriac woman is good for nothing except housekeeping and make-up."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mairead-mcardle/christian-female-battalion-formed-fight-against-isis-syria

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2017
dyydxx:

Who are the those that deemed it necessary to their curriculum in a secular state like Nigeria? You mean delegates representing the Islamic North, at least we are getting somewhere. Justified on what basis? You still haven’t given any logical reasoning for Arabic apart from it’s religious or cultural significance. You are starting to sound like an Islamic Apologist, desperately saying it’s for another reason we don’t know off but you won’t articulate.

Why don’t you show me your well researched facts that negate my assertions. If you have a superior argument that clearly shows French was put in for other reasons apart from it’s proximity to our nation, please furnish them.
I never implied by the way that proximity should be the only consideration but in the case of French that is the case.

It is a factor in a country that is supposed to be religiously neutral without any kind of State Religion. You are have a language that is solely the language of a religion and it’s not a problem. If Nigeria were an Islamic State, no quams but adding Arabic to a Language in the curriculum without other religious Languages is a problem since only one language perpetuates and cements the understanding of the religion.

Nigeria is a country in West Africa. Nigeria shares land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Its coast lies on the Gulf of Guinea in the south and it borders Lake Chad to the northeast
Curious you are mentioning Djibouti( country located on the Horn of Africa,near Ethiopia.)
Mali (West Africa), Senegal(West Africa) and South Sudan(Eastern Africa), all almost 90% majority muslim countries. Also the official languages in Mali and Senegal are French, even south sudan is English although being almost 90% Islamic you can expect Arabic to be part of their national Languages. what happened to Ghana, Togo, Cameroon and Ivory Coast
But Swahili is spoken more than Arabic in Africa,if that is your contention..so why not Swahili? Why does it have to be Arabic? You have to admit it’s because of the religion. When you do then we can move on too more important discussions

A country doesn’t choose those that colonised it. Maybe you should direct your questions to God almighty on why our colonial masters where the English and believe in Christianity and not the Islamic caliphs and crusaders. If the Islamic caliph were our colonial masters like most of North Africa we would have had an Islamic system and it would have been an Islamic country. This is what happened in the North with the Sokoto Caliphate and the Usman dan fodio crusaders and why there is this constant battle every time over ideology and identity.

Again if you have superior facts please take me to the cleaners. Nigeria joined the OIC in the 80s. I don’t know when Arabic was introduced into the curriculum but Nigeria is not an Islamic country and we have no business in such an organisation meant to propagate Islam and Islamic values. Arabic is a step closer in Islamising the Whole Country. Before long there will be calls to make Arabic our official Language. The Islamic takeover continues

Ok why don’t we go for the first spoken in Africa and first spoken in the World. According to your sources, they are not Arabic. Why do we have the 2nd most spoken in Africa and 4th most spoken in the World? Why can’t we go for the 1st in both Categories.

I am wondering why other Languages that are the top are not included. Why can’t we have the Top 5 so there is a wide range of options. Why must it be French or Arabic?

1. Arabic was introduced to the curriculum over 30yrs ago. The least you can do is to go into the records and fetch the report of the Educational summit and look at the criteria yourself. If you cannot undertake to do an academic exercise, come up with sound rebuttals and disprove submissions you only end up with sentimental cry.

2. English the widely most spoken language in Africa, Arabic is the second. What then is your argument?

3. You made a baseless submission that had neither documented records and reference
I can tell you authoritatively the reason for choosing french is because Nigeria is surrounded by francophone countries in its region. it makes logical sense to study french and not Portuguese or italian.
, yet you want me to disprove this with facts? What kind of discussion do you think I want to engage with you? To allow you make spurious and dubious claims without backing it up with references?

4. Does speaking of English alone make us "religiously neutral"? When has English been certified as a language of neutrality? This you point is not grounded in sound logic to me. Secondly referring to Arabic as "Solely the language of a religion" is big ignorance as well. That Arabic is a language of a particular people is well documented in history, so also is the fact that it predates Islam. It is only logical that Arabic is the language of the people where Islam originated from. That Arabic has gained mileage in terms of spread just like English is a problem to you?

5. I had told you your rationale that the choice of French as part of our curriculum is because of our next door neighbours, is not only incomplete, it is a misunderstanding position and turns logic on its head. I know that in the 70-80s French was the second fasting spreading language in commerce, education and social-exchange. There was suddenly and upsurge in job requirements for Bi-lingual executives and it was not steered toward those Francophone countries, but towards the west. This can be compared to the growth of Mandarin/Chinese today. Much more have you asked yourself what is the volume of exchange between a Nigeria and Togo, Cameroun for example compared to Nigeria and some other countries miles away? Can you compare the academic exchange, volume of trade and business between Nigeria and India, China, Russia and South Africa to Togo, Cameroun and Ivory Coast. Nutshell, Your proximity supposition in absolute is flawed.

6. My contention is not about restricting any language, and I wonder why you do not get it. I want as many relevant languages that will help our coming generation to be as competitive in the global space as possible. If you deem Swahili relevant to us, explain in lucid argument why. But to tell me "why not this or that" just to get rid of Arabic sounds absolutely ridiculous. The jury is out of which has more coverage on the African space between Arabic and Swahili. While some references submits that Arabic is the most widely spoken, others submits that it is Swahili. As far as I am concerned, we should decide as a people which ones are strategic, relevant and acceptable to people. Arabic covers these three criteria. I am fully aware that language students in Universities have Swahili as option, if for example you want Swahili as part of the curriculum, sponsor a motion at the next summit.

7. I try as much as possible in this discourse to not to get personal. Attacking the Islam, the Caliphate, Islamic ideologies, Babangida and IOC debacle etc are things that are sentimental in this context and argument, if we agree it should be fact based. For the records I am a Christian in right standing and assured of my salvation. That said, wrt languages and colonisation, it is true to the extent of choices. While is argued that Christianity and Colonialism rode hand-in-hand,and foisted English on us, same way Arab spread and Islam, Spanish and Portuguese. Each left their language with places they colonised, but it was the choices of the people to continue with it, modify it or adopt something else. There are countries that officially relegated the language of colonial masters and adopted their local language as the national language.

8. Many countries are strategic enough to review their curricular and determine additional language that will be relevant to them going forward. For example see a research commissioned by the British Council below;

Recent research commissioned by the British Council into the languages most needed by the UK in the next 20 years put Arabic in second place after Spanish. The report emphasised the importance of Arabic not only for business reasons but as a priority language in diplomacy and security and in international cultural and education strategies. https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/arabic_report_2015.pdf

I'm sorry this your counter argument off....... Let me get you, we just choose languages emotionally with no strategic intent?

. It is not an absolute that it MUST be French and Arabic. The two are under optional categories anyways. There are private schools where other languages like Chinese, German and Spanish are studies. If we have a strategic intent and a line of sight to values from other languages, then we make a case for it and add it to the options list

Finally, arguing that Arabic language is Islamic liturgy and stuffs, will be of no effect. Arguing that Arabic should be dropped from the curriculum is dead on arrival. The Islamisation of Nigeria angle to it (in this context) is pedestrian and an outright falsehood. We are just going to end up shooting ourselves in the foot. There are many knowledge that the western world derived from Arabic in Mathematics and science and vice-versa. Instead of us to look at improvements, we are making needless clamour for propagation of religion that is not helping the comity and our national aspirations
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2017
nobsalis:

Madam,

This is wisdom. You have simply laid bare his anti-christlike behaviour.......same for the Reno Omkri, FFK and the hypocritical lots that makes a mill of what is a simple matter
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2017
mapet:

Madam,

This is wisdom. You have simply laid bare his anti-christlike behaviour.......same for the Reno Omkri, FFK and the hypocritical lots that makes a mill of what is a simple matter

mapet u bi pure mumu i swear...

are u a christian or muslim??answer us...with all this ur grammar..u should be a CEO...and when i mean CEO u should know what i mean..i will never turn my right cheek..if u like call it anti christ like....the same christ like that lebanon did...go and look at lebanon today....i swear u get ur news from iyabiliki...u think i have time to tell long stories like u..u keep twisting the whole thing into long grammar boy...am done with this matter...so move on from it...

lastly again...u are obvious a muslim because only a muslim will defend arabic language with so much passion and long dictionary grammar and long stories....

abeg where is the wisdom in what she said...because shes licking ur ass right...CANT MUSLIMS CHANGE THE KORAN TO ENGLISH LIKE THE CHRISTIANS DID....ENGLISH IS NOT THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIBLE..LET IT SINK INTO UR SKULL MAPET....OK REPEAT AFTER ME....ENGLISH IS NOT THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIBLE...CAPISH!!
..God how hard can this be..

am glad u know not all christians can be fooled and confused like the madam u are talking about...u are mad because of christians like me..that are not naive...lol..am done with this matter..continue with ur long stories and when u are tired u will relax
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by dyydxx: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2017
@Mapet

I fervently disagree with you and that's not a bad thing. There can be healthy disagreements although at this point I think it would be redundant going back and forth basically just arguing the same thing. In summary this is and has always been my point. Anything that threatens the secular arrangements of the country threatens the very fabric of peaceful co existence in this country and is a time bomb waiting to explode sometime in the future. Considering the history of the country, The preponderance of the Northern Islamic oligarchy ruling for much of its history and the subtle ways of promoting Islamic values and Islamism in what should be a secular country, nothing should be done to entrench and cement the fundamentals of any religion by way of government policy. There ought to be strict separation of religion and state and the government should have no business in what anyone chooses to believe. There is no doubt in my mind that if the population in this country ever changes to majority Muslim we are in trouble, the Islamic Wahhabi Fundamentalist will take over and they would force Islam down everybody's throat. And while they can't do blatant Islamisation, they can continue to find subtle ways to do it hoping to strike when ever they have the population numbers. So it doesn't matter if you are a christian or Atheist or whatever religion.There goal is to promote Islamic domination.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by mapet: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
cristianisraeli:

mapet u bi pure mumu i swear...

are u a christian or muslim??answer us...with all this ur grammar..u should be a CEO...and when i mean CEO u should know what i mean..i will never turn my right cheek..if u like call it anti christ like....the same christ like that lebanon did...go and look at lebanon today....i swear u get ur news from iyabiliki...u think i have time to tell long stories like u..u keep twisting the whole thing into long grammar boy...am done with this matter...so move on from it...

lastly again...u are obvious a muslim because only a muslim will defend arabic language with so much passion and long dictionary grammar and long stories....

abeg where is the wisdom in what she said...because shes licking ur ass right...CANT MUSLIMS CHANGE THE KORAN TO ENGLISH LIKE THE CHRISTIANS DID....ENGLISH IS NOT THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIBLE..LET IT SINK INTO UR SKULL MAPET....OK REPEAT AFTER ME....ENGLISH IS NOT THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIBLE...CAPISH!!
..God how hard can this be..

am glad u know not all christians can be fooled and confused like the madam u are talking about...u are mad because of christians like me..that are not naive...lol..am done with this matter..continue with ur long stories and when u are tired u will relax

Bros,

If I want comic relief I will differ to you
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by cristianisraeli: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

If I want comic relief I will differ to you

laff all u want the truth is the truth..do u know that ur the only one still talking about this matter on this thread?only an unintelligent dictionary speaking boy like u will keep going back and forth about something nigerians already know..even the other guy is tired of going back and forth with a muslim fanatic thats refusing to accept the truth...LOL...stop behaving like a muslim fanatic that want to force arabic down the throat of southerns i know all about taqqiya and finally admit the truth and that is...ARABIC IS ISLAM AND ISLAM IS ARABIC..

lastly u see ur taqqiyaa...u refuse to answer if u are muslim or christianwe already know u because only a muslim will write long stories just to defend arabic...haba..na by force..we no want am..simple...BYE BYE..i don unfollow this topic
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by Dailyschoolnews: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2017
ollah1:

How are Christians persecuted?

I would have replied you, But oh well, your Name give me a definite answer grin
The answer is simple though. You choose to be blind.. Boko Haram, Isis, Al-queda, Hamas.. etc lipsrsealed
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dailyschoolnews:

I would have replied you, But oh well, your Name give me a definite answer grin
The answer is simple though. You choose to be blind.. Boko Haram, Isis, Al-queda, Hamas.. etc lipsrsealed

When you are ripe enough to have a discourse with me, create a thread and mention me. You will be a schooled like a forth grader
Re: Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum by MisterB13: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
That's a famous line used by ill-twisted understanding of the verse.
If you would use that as your response it'd be best you comprehend the verse in its entirety. But to help your understanding a little... the verse was a commandment to fight the Romans who have garnered enormous resource to wage war against the muslims in the expedition of Tabuk, not every Christain, not every Jew and definitely not just because someone is not a muslim. Please do a due diligence of your quote.

true2god:
You have also forgotten that you have to fight whoever does not believe in allahh and his apostle... (Quran 9:29).

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Geoffery Onyeama: Why Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Over COVID-19 / Buhari In London (Picture) / Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.