Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help (31653 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Dog Dies After Intercepting A Snake & Saving A Child (photos) / A Nairalander's Dog, 'Ramsey' Kills A Snake (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by shurlar50(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
I woke up this afternoon just to see a dead black snake in our compound. I sensed my dog must have killed it because the snake was bitten into two.

The problem now is that i went to examine to examine my dog, incase there was a snake bite. I havent found any bite marks but its two eyes are swollen and it keeps licking a particular foot.

Please I need a recommendation on what first aid treatment or emergency drug I can buy as soon as possible

3 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Scrooge(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Take the dog to the vet to get antivenin shots asap...

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:
Take the dog to the vet to get antivenin shots asap...
anti-venom you mean.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by blessedvisky(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Brave dog. Deserves to live. Lalasticlala help pls

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by balanceofterror1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Snakes don't die without a fight. It is possible the snake poured its venom into the dog's eyes. Contact a vet doctor asap and make sure the dog don't bite any body in that condition.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Scrooge(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
lofty900:
anti-venom you mean.

Why don't you look up the definition of the word antivenin before responding ignorantly? Antivenin or Antivenene is a biological product (antiserum) used in the treatment of venomous bites. It contains antibodies against specific poisons especially those in the venom of snakes.

To make it easy to understand, It's me saying to the op, "give your dog Panadol", and you replying "Paracetamol you mean".

Ignorant!

395 Likes 35 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by GURION: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Why don't you look up the definition of the word antivenin before responding ignorantly? Antivenin or Antivenene is a biological product (antiserum) used in the treatment of venomous bites. It contains antibodies against specific poisons especially those in the venom of snakes.

To make it easy to understand, It's me saying to the op, "give your dog Panadol", and you replying "Paracetamol you mean".

Ignorant!

Easy bro. He probably thought it was autocorrect error from ur phone, and wanted to clarify for other peoples benefit.

Ur response would have been wonderful if u had simply educated him without using harsh words.

I also just learnt of antivenin from you right now.....same as many others too.

609 Likes 41 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Namdeenero(m): 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
Take your dog to the vet. He should administer some painkillers to your dog and give you eye drops.... You can give your dog palm kernel oil to drink too as it helps neutralise some poisons.. Besides you should have looked up the kind of snake it was so as to know if it's venomous or not, only spitting cobras shoot venom into the eyes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Addicted2Women: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2017

What made him attack an innocent snake ??

Let this be a warning to other dogs, don't take him to the vet

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by NwaAmaikpe: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
shocked

Kill the dog and eat.

Before it dies by itself...that way you'd feel less guilty and you'd always have a part of the dog in you.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
Human being never see food chop. Na dog b did one wahala

Cc: my calabar brothas and sistas.

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Fearlez: 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
shurlar50:
I woke up this afternoon just to see a dead black snake in our compound. I sensed my dog must have killed it because the snake was bitten into two.

The problem now is that i went to examine to examine my dog, incase there was a snake bite. I havent found any bite marks but its two eyes are swollen and it keeps licking a particular foot.

Please I need a recommendation on what first aid treatment or emergency drug I can buy as soon as possible
look for the nearest vet doctor in your locality. If beaten already, it won't be a matter of first aid but snake antidote

4 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by SalamRushdie: 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hmmm , the time you used to post this should hve been used to get a VET who has access to to snake Anti venom

6 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by jeeqaa7(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
sorry
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by oshe11: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
BE SPECIFIC......

U WANT ME TO TEACH U HOW TO PREPARE DOG OR SNAKE PEPPER SOUP

Well......

IF U NEEDED PROOF ABT OSIBANJO BEING NOTHING BT A MERE PICTURE IN THE PRESIDENCY, THE LATEST CHARADE ABT THE REMOVAL OF C.R.K IA THERE FOR ALL TO SEE.....
ABBA KYARI ABI HABA KWARA IS CALLING THE SHOTS WHILE OSI IS BUSY ON A FUTILE VISITATION LIKE HE DID TO NIGER DELTA

4 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by free2rime: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
Sell it to calabar people in case it dies.

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by ademoladeji(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
RIP in advance
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by Evablizin(f): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Sowie
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by klassykute(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ntn will happen jare, dogs ar strong i remembered my dog fought with a big snake i ran from, she got bitten by the snake nd her eyes were swollen but after twosays everything got back to normal no treatment. So chill bro man

7 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by DabuIIIT: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Doc pol straight cheesy brave doggy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by crackhouse(m): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
If na human being u go still dey seek for advice here by now?

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by dacovajnr: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Ignorant!
Easy Tiger!!! He only wanted to be sure and you had to attack him when you could've explained without much fuss... Oversabi isnor a good thang undecided

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by NLProblemChild(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Rip to the dead.
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Why NL ON GRIN GRIN
Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by cristianisraeli: 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Ignorant!

what is wrong with u sef...u can tell the guy is in distress..cant u just give him apass..why are nigerians angry all the time..it takes nothing to be nice and polite for once.. if he knows more about it would he come online and ask..stop been a wise ass!!!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by sisisioge: 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
You shouldn't have waited till now to seek help, you should have gone to see a vet just in case.

Anyways, how is your brave dog now? Please take him to a vet.

1 Like

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by DLuciano: 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
Scrooge:

Ignorant!
sorry prof, I apologize on his behalf, but your response was too harsh

16 Likes

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by soberdrunk(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
See brave dog!!! My former dog, ordinary lizard he don take off, if them do mistake shoot banger, you will not see the dog for at least 12 hours, the only talent the dog get nah 'destruction of slippers', OP abeg rush take that dog to the vet because brave dogs like this deserve quality care........ angry angry

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help by DieBuhari: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Is it everything you guys will bring to Nairaland?
Ain't there no veterinary Doctors in your Area?
Imagine what you would have done with the time you used in creating this thread.
If that dog dies, it's blood is on your head.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures From KCR Dog Walk 2022 In Port Harcourt / Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. / Posthumous Award For The Dog That Foiled Boko Haram Suicide Bombing In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.