Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. (5307 Views)

Let Talk Words In Emotions / PLEASE DELETE POST @MODERATOR @seun / Girl Talk: Let's Talk Girl Power! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2017
Divepen1:
Hmmm.. This is a good idea. We'll improve it.
hope you never forget me sha
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:57am On Jun 21, 2017
missuniverse:
congrats Divey,
More Stories from you!
Thanks... Lol..
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:
hope you never forget me sha
Lol.. No.. All plans are in motion for January.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol.. 50 million

oga me sef..I won b MOD OH grin
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2017
Mylestone:

oga me sef..I won b MOD OH grin
Lol .. Oya begin dey do press up...
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by EvaJael(f): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2017
Congrats Divepen1. I always thought you were a mod sha
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2017
EvaJael:
Awawwnnn. Thanks..
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol.. No.. All plans are in motion for January.
the January wey pass or the one wey de come

Both Januarys de far apart now
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 8:37am On Jun 21, 2017
EvaJael:
now your thoughts have com to pass

Can you please make mine too come to pass
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:45am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:
the January wey pass or the one wey de come

Both Januarys de far apart now
Lol.. Coming January
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by EvaJael(f): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:
now your thoughts have com to pass
Can you please make mine too come to pass
Lol..wait lemme go to my thinking shrine
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by princesa(f): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:

you still de literature section??

Sort of... I can't forget my root wink
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2017
EvaJael:

Lol..wait lemme go to my thinking shrine
you've not even heard the thought first
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2017
princesa:

Sort of... I can't forget my root wink
as we no de see your branches again now na im make me ask
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:58am On Jun 21, 2017
simonhabby:

O be o le kae?

Ntse ke le busy wena? Dintsang?
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2017
Divepen1:
This is big. Nairaland seems better, what ever gets to the net is now being plagiarized.
I have some of my works on Naijastories. Some weeks ago, I decided to find their titles on google and I saw my stories on other sites. Even on silverbird television blog.
Seun Osewa has tried to curb plagiarism by making sure you can't copy with a laptop but till date the human brain will always find another way to get what it so desires.

That said and done. We'll keep digging out ways this can be done. But for now, let's make this place lively..
Bring in more sponsors and have no need to post full stories here. This place should be a haven for literature lovers, a training ground....A place we can all build a family of Nigeriatop writers. The old men and women have tried but we should build the future.

They all tell us about their era, but who's going to tell us about this era too, and tell coming children if everyone stops writing.

Over time, though not all the time, many of those who stops writing online find it hard to continue writing offline.

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

None of the writers begged anyone to read?... Really? That's the route you're gonna take?. If you tell me it's about plagiarism, I will understand that. Some of us readers are ready to pay to read good stories. I can't count the number of books I have bought on Okadabooks. If you feel your work being plagiarized is the reason you dont want to continue a story or writing on NL, fine, no problem. But at least have the courtesy to show readers where to get the full story even if it means paying for it. A writer did that in sexuality section and everyone was happy. Don't gimme that line of "writers didn't beg anybody to read". After all it's the same writers that will complain if readers don't comment on their​ stories.

Personally, I feel all writers should use NL as a stepping stone. Gather your readership from here, then establish yourself by either self publishing or opening a monetized blog. Trust me, many of us readers are ready to pay for your books if you're good.
Maybe I came out harsh butmost of us cannot work so hard and then there will be nothing to do about it because the stories have been plagiarised.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by princesa(f): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:

as we no de see your branches again now na im make me ask

Lol, my branches may grow out of Nairaland for a while, but my root remains here smiley
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2017
princesa:

Lol, my branches may grow out of Nairaland for a while, but my root remains here smiley
may God bless your hustle all round
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by EvaJael(f): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:
you've not even heard the thought first
I was thinking the gods will tell me but there's no network this morning. So tell me the thought
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2017
EvaJael:

I was thinking the gods will tell me but there's no network this morning. So tell me the thought
you giving us 5 long tantalizing updates today
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by EvaJael(f): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2017
kingphilip:
you giving us 5 long tantalizing updates today
Ewoh!!! This thought came a lil late o. I've almost exhausted my battery on top some other things. I can't promise you
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2017
HumbledbYGrace:
Maybe I came out harsh but most of us cannot work so hard and then there will be nothing to do about it because the stories have been plagiarised.

Then, by all means, finish the story offline, put it in a pdf, and sell it if you like. We the readers are ready to buy.You should understand that most readers also want the best for you lot because we know it's not easy. Personally, there are some stories I have read on here and I'm like "this story is too good to be here for free". I'm not trying to castigate anybody, I just want the best for everyone (Writers and Readers).

1 Like

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by kingphilip(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2017
EvaJael:

Ewoh!!! This thought came a lil late o. I've almost exhausted my battery on top some other things. I can't promise you
Hmmm probably I'll have to wait till tomorrow den
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
Incomplete stories that has exceeded some months should be removed. Some stories are up to 2yrs and still counting that aren't completed. Nobody forced anybody to write so no should start something that he cannot finish. As for plagiarism it is very sad, writers should protect their work by 1.getting copyright
2.removing some part and then sell the complete soft copy to whoever is interested i have personally gotten more than 10 story like this. If a story is worth it then we can pay for it.
3. writers should also direct their readers to a blog where their complete stories are published, oyinprince is one of such writers.
Let's make this section the best.

2 Likes

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Kimkardashain(f): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
Divepen1 welcum bro.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 3:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol .. Oya begin dey do press up...

oga serz mata..I won mod oh..gimme seun noba
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Mylestone:

oga serz mata..I won mod oh..gimme seun noba
lol
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Kimkardashain:
Divepen1 welcum bro.
Thanks Kim
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2017
Lemme also join my NL sisters, KimK and Evajael.

Congratulations Divepen1, am new here but not that new though, but I've heard alot of wonderful things about you. Congrats once more.

Ehm...you said your salary is 50Million, please come and start paying your tithe in my church that I will open next month. Please and please.

Joke aside!

Please, you and all the other people should do something about this Anti-spam bot that keeps giving people especially me unnecessary ban.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Lemme also join my NL sisters, KimK and Evajael.

Congratulations Divepen1, am new here but not that new though, but I've heard alot of wonderful things about you. Congrats once more.
Thanks
. But all the good things are lies. I'm not good o. We are just doing oju aye..

Ehm...you said your salary is 50Million, please come and start paying your tithe in my church that I will open next month. Please and please.

Please call me. I must not forget God that has given me the ability to make wealth..

Joke aside!

Please, you and all the other people should do something about this Anti-spam bot that keeps giving people especially me unnecessary ban.

whenever Antispambot bans you. Just send a mail to mod or look for my account and send me a message. I'll unban you immediately (so far, you're not spamming the board)
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Kimkardashain(f): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Divepen1:
Thanks Kim
\ pls luk into the matter my twin sis kimberlywest just aired. and dont forget to pay ur tithe in our chrch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Darkest Shade Of Blue / The Other Side Of Love / The Teenage Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.