Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,260 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria (5602 Views)

Liverpool Defender Mamadou Sakho 'will Accept Positive Drug Test' / funny picture of Mamadou Sakho Of Liverpool Dancing Skelewu / Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2010
This guy is a commentator on Supersports. He has this ability to make you laugh even if you don't approve of what he is talking about.

Some people believe he is anti-Nigeria because of his sometimes robust and blunt critics of the administation of our football in the country in particular and Africa in general, while some just think he is the type we need to tell our football administators the truth since most of our our football comentators are not doing it good enough.

Do you consider him a friend of Nigeria or a foe?.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Kx: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2010
I consider him a friend

Reason,its only a true friend that will "tell you ur mouth stinks".

Secondly,he is making headlines for telling the truth.
Truth is bitter they say.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Mpele(m): 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
I think he must first deal with the problems of his own country, Ivory Coast.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
Being an unusual lover of African football, I always try not to miss Soccer Africa and other Supersports soccer programmes. With Ivorien Mamadu Ganye, South African Thomas Mlambo and our own Peterside Idah in the house, I find all the bashing and rivalry amusing and always wish the programme continues.

Ganye, like Mlambo, is definitely not a fan of Nigerian football, but I don't think there is more to it than just fun. They are all just catching fun and creating interesting scenes in the studio, they all respect nigeria, don't mind their bashing. But the truth is, with how Eagles perform in almost 100% of their matches, do you think we are not worth being the laughing stock of African football?
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by DisGuy: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2010
ilugunboy:

This guy is a commentator on Supersports. He has this ability to make you laugh even if you don't approve of what he is talking about.

Some people believe he is anti-Nigeria because of his sometimes robust and blunt critics of the administation of our football in the country in particular and Africa in general, while some just think he is the type we need to tell our football administators the truth since most of our our football comentators are not doing it good enough.

Do you consider him a friend of Nigeria or a foe?.

but many nigerians are blunt critics of our NFF too, should they be shot for treason?
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by chidichris(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2010
I think he must first deal with the problems of his own country, Ivory Coast.

@mpele,
pls be reminded that the man mamadou was not employed by supersports to discuss or solve the problems of ivory coast football rather he is there to talk soccer especially in africa.
for me, the man is a bundle of truth. his only problem is that 99% of nigerians are haters of truth.
many nigerians especially those in south africa hate this man for no just reason and ppl like u are the reasons for the death of football in nigeria.
pdp has politicised everything in nigeria even our footie and yet we seem not to see nothing wrong with our footie.
mamadou is one of those africans who look back to the days when the fear of the super eagles was the begining of wisdom in the african footie.
today, zambia,mozanbique, kenya and niger are all high mountains for us to climb and we do our best in our pretence to show that all is well.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by enomakos(m): 1:44pm On Jan 26, 2010
@Kx

true talk
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by RSA(m): 11:41am On Jan 28, 2010
And he doesn't critizise Nigeria only,he is also very hard on SA,he is also a regular guest on one of the top sports programe on radio in SA,and the things he say pissses lots of people but they're true.Like he will tell the host that SA does not have a team nor talent.

Mamadou is my hero,he's like my Chuch Norris of football.

Psss.I was so happy when CIV was beaten could not wait to hear his defence,and he ended up blaming the referee,I could not stop laughing cause I could see that he was hurting inside,he was so sure that CIV will go all the way. grin

'the assasin of Abijan" grin
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Jarus.

My own impression about Thomas criticism tends to be more of envy for Nigeria (typical of most South Africans) grin. watch the sinister smile on his face anytime Gaye is bashing Nigeria and the encouraging and supporting laughter.

Gaye on the other hand comes across to me as one person that is more interested in passing across the change message to our fottie administrators.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
RSA:

Psss.I was so happy when CIV was beaten could not wait to hear his defence,and he ended up blaming the referee,I could not stop laughing cause I could see that he was hurting inside,he was so sure that CIV will go all the way. grin

And do you consider this as truth? that guy is a silly man and he tends to keep repeating the same problem all the time.

Like the $200k that got missing, anytime Nigeria is doing well, he'd bring that up just to kill the ovation.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
Mamadou Gaye?. . . .that guy pisses me off so much. . . .the guy thinks analysis is all about some silly proverbs and crude jokes. . . . . . .as for that Thomas Mlambo, I wish I could slap that silly smile off his face.

Both are Enemies of Nigeria!
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Mamadou Gaye?. . . .that guy pisses me off so much. . . .the guy thinks analysis is all about some silly proverbs and crude jokes. . . . . . .as for that Thomas Mlambo, I wish I could slap that silly smile off his face.

Both are Enemies of Nigeria!

Thomas always have saliva flying around anytime he's laughing, haven't you noticed that?

1 Like

Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:59pm On Jan 28, 2010
honeric01:

And do you consider this as truth? that guy is a silly man and he tends to keep repeating the same problem all the time.

Like the $200k that got missing, anytime Nigeria is doing well, he'd bring that up just to kill the ovation.

Oh yea what happened to the $200,000!!! shocked
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
Dis Guy:

Oh yea what happened to the $200,000!!! shocked

It was used for tithe
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by JUNIT1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mamadou gaye is an ivorian supersport analyst, and he is well know for his controvesial analysis especially against Nigeria. Is he being unjustly unfair, are his comments rational, are his comments accurate, or does he just hate Nigeria.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by JUNIT1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thank you for your great support and contribution to our beautiful game so far during this Afcon. We all have mixed feelings, high and low, happiness and sadness, hope and despair. But at the end it will be one winner -- the football that brought us together.
Who expected Ivory Coast, Cameroon our greatest hope in the coming World Cup in African soil after hundred years to go out of the Afcon in the first round?

In the eve of Italy world cup in 1990, Cameroon was kick out of the Afcon in the first round. It was a general outcry in Cameroon and Africa. Cameroon went to the World Cup, beat the mighty Argentina with the likes of Diego Maradona, Batista and Buruchaga to reach the quarterfinal for the first time in African football history. Please don't read too much in the performance of our various teams in the Afcon. Egypte that dominate the continental show piece fails so often to make it on the world stage.

The Africa Cup of Nations is dying a slow and painful death. CAF is killing the game. Don't be surprised in the near future if our top stars like Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Ziani don't show up for the biggest celebration of African football because of CAF’s insistence to stage the Afcon every two years.

After 50 years of existence CAF is the only continental football body whose marketing rights are exclusive to a non African company called Sport Five, a French owned company. Our nations spend a fortune to prepare their respective country for the biennial showpiece. For example Ivory Coast spend about $4 millions (US) to prepare The Elephants for this Afcon. Nigeria spent at least double that amount. When you win the trophy in Angola you will not get more than half a million US dollars.

You win the South African professional league you get a cheque of more than a million US dollars. To mention two countries that participated in the Afcon, but the fans at home could not watch their team in the national television because CAF is selling the TV rights through its agent to the tune of almost two millions US dollars. A big country like Nigeria will be charged at lest double.

For the FIFA World Cup each African country pays less than half a million US dollars for the TV rights. Where is CAF putting all this money Please help me find out.

People are talking of team like Ivory Coast not performing well at the Afcon. When Drogba earn the Afcon prize money in a week and is preparing to play in the biggest stage of world football in June 2010 in South Africa. What will motivate him to take unnecessary risk to have his leg broken by a local league Egyptian player?

The same apply to all the players trading in top league in Europe. Yaya Toure might not win the Afcon, but when he wins the Spanish La Liga, the European champion's league, the club World Cup. Can you compare those honours with the Afcon? In terms of financial returns, in terms of glory, in terms of endorsement, in terms of fame, winning any trophy in Europe will give you more credit than the Afcon.

Today any sport is business and a bread basket for everybody involved in it. No fan or supporter access to any game for free. Why is CAF not putting the money where their mouth is and wants these hard working players earning their money in a very difficult and hostile environment to sacrifice and come every two years to risk their future and enrich few greedy officials in the name of the beautiful game we love? The time has come for us to stand as one man and make sure CAF don't burry our Afcon.

Honestly speaking the excitement the continent is awaiting is not this boring and poorly managed Afcon that CAF uses to give some credibility and respectability to some African dictators that ruined our continent, the World Cup in land of freedom, peace, milk and honey called South Africa. Woza 2010 Woza

Comment by Mammadou Gaye on http://www.supersport.com/football/columns.aspx?id=8685&headline=The+Afcon+shine+is+fading+away
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by DisGuy: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
You win the South African professional league you get a cheque of more than a million US dollars. To mention two countries that participated in the Afcon, but the fans at home could not watch their team in the national television because CAF is selling the TV rights through its agent to the tune of almost two millions US dollars. A big country like Nigeria will be charged at lest double.

You mean Nigerian TV companies can not raise $2millipn for the TV rights?
We know they are incompetent but what about SA companies?

The problem with African companies is that they have no long term plan they cant see beyond throwin parties when they get a new OB van like ait did throughout last year!!
These french companies probably bought the right long term knowing full well they can recoup their investment some years later! but Nigerian companies will be playing the tribal card looking for sympathy
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by sultan003(m): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thomas always have saliva flying around anytime he's laughing, haven't you noticed that?

Yes even when his is talking,

One thing i am certain of is that both hate nigeria especially Mlambo,
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Tatase(f): 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thomas's hatred of the Nigerian team obviously stems from jealousy because he's always too happy to rub things in when we don't do well. . . if only he'd realise that his team is wayyyyyyyyyy beneath our notice and that's why we don't care to rub in their uselessness. (if you want to be even more annoyed, just read his blog on supersport. . . even worse than on tv where at least he pretends to be unbiased).

Mahmadou's own constant criticism, I think, is more a result of that West African anglophone-francophone thing, in my opinion, because he's always tougher on the anglo teams (like us and Ghana-although he's nicer to Ghana than he is to us) than he is on the francophone teams no matter how wretchedly they're doing.

But as annoying as Mahmadou is, I still prefer him to that other psychopath from Kenya, Mark Ouma, now that one is completely out of his mind!
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by sultan003(m): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mark Ouma is not that bad as compared with Mlambo and Mamadou,   

After reading Mlambo's blog were he wrote that enyama cheated, I felt like burying him alive.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by DisGuy: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2010
Tatase:

Thomas's hatred of the Nigerian team obviously stems from jealousy because he's always too happy to rub things in when we don't do well. . . if only he'd realise that his team is wayyyyyyyyyy beneath our notice and that's why we don't care to rub in their uselessness. (if you want to be even more annoyed, just read his blog on supersport. . . even worse than on tv where at least he pretends to be unbiased).

Mahmadou's own constant criticism, I think, is more a result of that West African anglophone-francophone thing, in my opinion, because he's always tougher on the anglo teams (like us and Ghana-although he's nicer to Ghana than he is to us) than he is on the francophone teams no matter how wretchedly they're doing.

But as annoying as Mahmadou is, I still prefer him to that other psychopath from Kenya, Mark Ouma, now that one is completely out of his mind!

Please can you provide a link to his blog?

na wa o, are Nigerians not employed as commentators on these african-wide stations, seems they are only employed in nigeria- they even have a blog shocked

Anyone got a link to a nigerian commentators website or blog?
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30, 2010
I just finished watching soccer Africa, Gaye is a very stupid guy and i think he's got issues with Nigeria.

That guy is so biased that whatever he's not in support of, he tries to look for negative things just to smear.

Anyways, let them keep hating, his country is one of the most under-achiever in Africa even with the amount of players they have.

THE SUPER EAGLES REMAINS THE ONLY CONSISTENT NATIONAL TEAM IN THE WHOLE OF AFRICA, he wanted to dispute that but then, the rest shut him off and i was so glad they did.
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2010
Don't mind the man jare. His analysis is nothing short of bias and hatred. But I enjoy listening to it, but i don't by most of his comments. I was very happy when his side was knocked out by Algeria, the side we endd u defeating,
Re: Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria by Tatase(f): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
Dis Guy:

Please can you provide a link to his blog?

na wa o, are Nigerians not employed as commentators on these african-wide stations, seems they are only employed in nigeria- they even have a blog  shocked

Anyone got a link to a nigerian commentators website or blog?

This is Thomas' current blog post:

[url=http://www.supersport.com/football/columns.aspx?id=8694&headline=Crime%20pays!%20What%20a%20shame,]http://www.supersport.com/football/columns.aspx?id=8694&headline=Crime%20pays!%20What%20a%20shame, [/url]

(1) (Reply)

FIFA U-20 Women’s WC: Falconets Draw Germany, China, Haiti / Fifa U17: Enugu Centre In Pictures / French Team Refuses To Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.