Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! (24296 Views)

The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State / Having Problems With Nail Biting? Check How To Stop It / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Dollabiz: 11:03am On Jun 20, 2017
Ok
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by AndriaRich(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2017
itamaga1:
I dey chop am as I dey
Wow... Beautiful... I admire ladies with naturally long hair...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by toluwalopsy(f): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2017
I used to be guilty of that but not anymore.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Pearlyakin(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2017
Am guilty of this nail biting. infact some times i think am addicted to it.

1 Like

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by IBreakRules: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2017
to figure out if I ve been recently bored, check my nails. I bite my nails most times when I'm bored.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Abee79(m): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2017
I bite my nails (privately) when I am tense, bored or feeling lonely. If there was anything wrong with the habit (except giving people a sloppy perception of yourself - if caught doing it in public), I would have known. I have been nail-biting for like 40 years cool
Op, thanks for sharing sha. I have no intention of stopping anytime soon grin grin grin grin
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by catchyah: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks op, I appreciate your write up. I am 100% guilty.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by bid4rich(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2017
NONSENSE!!!

If all are to go by these effect of this and effect of that, that are all over the internet now, one will begin to wonder if this life is worth living at all.

Haba, thou shall not bite, thou shall not eat this and that, thou shall not eat garri, effect of coconut water etc. Everything na bad thing. Come to think of it, those that have gone ahead of us are expert in those thou shall not yet they live up to 100years while thou shall not generations are struggling to make it up to 55/60.

Abeg make una pack well jor
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Mac2016(m): 11:39am On Jun 20, 2017
Can I ever stop this? In short I was eating my nails in the office as I scroll before coming across this piece
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2017
Hi House,

I feel nail biting is more psychological. I use to chew my nails right from my primary school days up till service year. I just decided that i had to stop, though it wasn't easy at all. One thing i realized is that a habit becomes enduring in the mind because there is some sort of satisfaction and enjoyment the mind derives when doing it, so to stop it i had to form a reverse good habit and imagine the satisfaction derived from it. like for chewing the nails i had to find satisfaction in seeing my nails neatly groomed rather than rough as a result of chewing them.

1 Like

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Dyt(f): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Fresh
cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by OfficiallyMad: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2017
felo812000:
Is the lady not wearing anything or ...? cos I cant concentrate on her fingers oo grin grin grin grin
werey grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by OfficiallyMad: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dyt:
Fresh
cry cry cry cry
Lmao grin
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
I am trying to stop it now, been really difficult but I'd get over it.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
No.5 Your hand will smell like shit.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by marwanafrica: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
u never catch Geography student for math class
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nickymezor(f): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nice info OP , tho I aint guilty sef... I wonder wat joy ppl derive frm Nail biting... it's so irritating undecided Una wey dey do am dey try o.

1 Like

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nickymezor(f): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
Abee79:
I bite my nails (privately) when I am tense, bored or feeling lonely. If there was anything wrong with the habit (except giving people a sloppy perception of yourself - if caught doing it in public), I would have known. I have been nail-biting for like 40 years cool
Op, thanks for sharing sha. I have no intention of stopping anytime soon grin grin grin grin
Na germs wey u go dey welcome. . Do try n stop it.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by remzor(m): 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Pls I can't stop this act... I derive joy from it grin
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Crixina(f): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
EntMirror:
I think I'm guilty. Most of my friends started growing finger recently.. It looked cute so I wanted to grow mine but unfortunately, I keep biting them off. It's more like an involuntary action.. SMH
my nails look so ugly sometimes, my friends dey yab me no be here, even my own mama get mind say my hands will one day look leprous if i don't stop, i can't, sometimes i do it when i'm nervous.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Crixina(f): 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
henryskywalker2003:
Been nail biting for more than 20 years and never had those. There are many other factors that you fail to consider, personal and dental hygiene to name a few. How can biting stuff as soft as nails give u dental injury when we eat harder stuff like bones.
i thought of that too, isn't teeth supposed to be one of the strongest part in our body.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by merxi55(f): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
Am so guilty that I sometime wonder if it would grow again...
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
Cuticle biting is even worse. Ugh so irritating to watch someone contuously bite off their cuticle despite the blood and obvious soreness

1 Like

Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Abee79(m): 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nickymezor:
Na germs wey u go dey welcome. . Do try n stop it.
Thanks for your concern . . . cool
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nickymezor(f): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Abee79:

Thanks for your concern . . . cool
Ur most welcome smiley
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Ola73: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
[/quote]very guilty of this act, did it this morning,, my reason is because I can't handle blade or sharp object without cutting myself
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Mznaett: 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dyt:
Fresh cry cry cry cry
You no dey ever disappointgrin grin
tongue tongue
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
24sqm:
I'm guilty of this.

Noted.

Even me oooooo mine is bad very bad..of recent I got fungal infection and now m nail looks ugly sef
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
Abee79:

grin lwkmd..enjoy
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Xaranice(f): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
henryskywalker2003:
Been nail biting for more than 20 years and never had those. There are many other factors that you fail to consider, personal and dental hygiene to name a few. How can biting stuff as soft as nails give u dental injury when we eat harder stuff like bones.
Re: 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Crixina:
my nails look so ugly sometimes, my friends dey yab me no be here, even my own mama get mind say my hands will one day look leprous if i don't stop, i can't, sometimes i do it when i'm nervous.

I can relate lol... Mine is worst when I'm thinking, deep thinking.. I do bite my nails when nervous, but it's not common. I bite without reason lol..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? / Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria / Bauchi: Illegal Abortions Responsible For Mysterious Deaths In Azare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.