Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) (25367 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare And El-Rufai Visit Sanusi In Lagos (Photos) / Kaduna Inland Dry Port : A Look At The Activities Of Nigeria's First Dry Port / Kaduna Inland Dry Port To Be Commissioned By President Buhari On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Amarabae(f): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
Where is the picture of the dry port?
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by tiger28: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
vani86:

We dont cuz it makes zero sense at all, why build a dry port in faraway kaduna when the real ports are not working at optimum capacity, portharcourt port is mainly for stock fish and wheat even keke dont come in from there, warri port is a musuem, calabar nko, story for another day.

Use 4% of your brain power and explain this travesty to me.

I intentionally left out onitsha port cuz that one may lead to world war 3.
hmmmm......hatred is real,Tell your eastern leaders to do better.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
alade112:

Bros no allow hatred block your sense of reasoning Na Inland Dry Port dm call am No be seaport

A dry port (sometimes inland port) is an inland intermodal terminal directly connected by road or rail to a seaport and operating as a centre for the
transshipment of sea cargo to inland destinations. -wiki
thank you for helping that block head. if the repeat him in school now he will call the country ZOO.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Mbediogu(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
aminulive:
A former governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi, on Tuesday, Commissioned the Kaduna Inland dry port in the company of the state governor, Nasir El-rufai.

Speaking at the event, Governor El-Rufai mentioned that Kaduna is Nigeria's largest producer of maize, ginger and soya beans, and second in tomato. He added that the dry Port will, therefore, boost Economic Activities in the state and create jobs.

The Kaduna Inland Dry Port will allow importers and exporters in and around Northern Nigeria to import & export directly into and from Kaduna. The ES, Nigerian Shippers Council has commended the Kaduna State Government for the Commitment and Support given to set up the Inland Dry Port.

Below are photos from the event;

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/20/amaechi-el-rufai-commission-kaduna-inland-dry-port/

Twin rascals, one short the other tall. We are better without them shaa.
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by enigma2007(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Pavore9:
Was expecting to see the aerial view of the port.

Same here..

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by soflygerian(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
Inasmuch as I appreciate development, I just want to say the NPA at Portharcourt is looking you with ''one kain eye'' Do something oohh....
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by marooh: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
Amechi and Northeners self...
Did you want to replace uwazuruike.....
2019 northerners will issue u governorship at sabongeri side grin
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Cyriljames113: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Where is the port I can't find it.....

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Lloydfolarin: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
Instead of those eternal-hate-personified Igbos also known as Igbos to channel their anger and frustration towards their useless governors who have denied them from enjoying what other governors have done or achieved for their states, they are all over the country as immigrants leeching on others allocated resources.

Federal Allocation: It pains me when i see their leaders claiming that census was not well coordinated. They claimed that Igbos population living or residing and working in Lagos state, River state or Kano state ought to have been added to their state of origin so as to have more allocated resources from federal government. Pathetic!!!! How stupid can these Igbos leaders be!! The question now is "who ll pay for the resources-social infrastructure being enjoyed by those thousands of Igbos in other states of federation where they reside and work since other people from other regions don't live and work in the East?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by brainpulse: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
vani86:

We dont cuz it makes zero sense at all, why build a dry port in faraway kaduna when the real ports are not working at optimum capacity, portharcourt port is mainly for stock fish and wheat even keke dont come in from there, warri port is a musuem, calabar nko, story for another day.

Its evident that you really don't know anything about the port system (sea & dry) and logistics, how it can eased transfer of cargoes (light and heavy) in between them while each serving their roles. Use all of your brain to think because you don't know its use.

"A dry inland port can speed the flow of cargo between ships and major land transportation networks, creating a more central distribution point. Inland ports can improve the movement of imports and exports, moving the time-consuming sorting and processing of containers inland, away from congested seaports".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
undecided
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by YelloweWest: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Pictures of the port pls.

Not the looters
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by NothingDoMe: 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
vani86:

Everybody one wan get port now.

So that if there's any bill that will favor ports, them too go say them get port.
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Odani: 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Zombies would soon arrive to masturbate. Why is Lootimi Ameachi commissioning projects when Osunbande is there? Is Hell Rufai undermining the presidency or what? Would it not have been better if he invited Oyegun instead.

Dont let hate consume u is Amaechi no longer d minister for transport?
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by vani86: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
brainpulse:
Its evident that you really don't know anything about the port system (sea & dry) and logistics, how it can eased transfer of cargoes (light and heavy) in between them while each serving their roles. Use all of your brain to think because you don't know its use.

"A dry inland port can speed the flow of cargo between ships and major land transportation networks, creating a more central distribution point. Inland ports can improve the movement of imports and exports, moving the time-consuming sorting and processing of containers inland, away from congested seaports".

You said a lot but really made no sense. Now lets take your points one by one,

An inland port will 1st of all receive ita containers from a traditional seaport then transported to kaduna by land #FACT, apart from freeing space at the dorks what other benefit do it have.

Another question, who is paying for the transportation of these containers from apapa to kaduna? The govt or the owner. What happens when a container belonging to a southener gets send to kaduna ( and you definitely know this will happen, no ne naija again). He will now have to shuttle to kaduna to retrieve his container then ship it down tothe west again?

An inland port will only be beneficial is our road network is A1, including rails, but unfortunately it aint. So as far as i am concerned it is not a PRIORITY project.

Very similar to Amaechi's light rail bruhaha in PH

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by lexy2014: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
vani86:

its a state govt project. if a gov in d savannah can embark on such an endeavour what are d governors close 2d coast doing?I can't verify d points u raised about ports in warri, pH and calabar but if they are true, y are d govs, house of reps and d senators from d SE/SS not even saying anything about it?
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by safetyInspector(m): 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is nothing but trailer park, open container storage area and warehouse.
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by vani86: 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
tiger28:
hmmmm......hatred is real,Tell your eastern leaders to do better.

This is exactly why i don't argue on nairaland but tend to focus more on twitter.

After all the point i listed above, you could not come up with even 1 solid counter argument. Other than to shout hatred is real.

Ok you win. I am a child of hate kiss
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by vani86: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
lexy2014:
its a state govt project. if a gov in d savannah can embark on such an endeavour what are d governors close 2d coast doing?I can't verify d points u raised about ports in warri, pH and calabar but if they are true, y are d govs, house of reps and d senators from d SE/SS not even saying anything about it?

Are you sure it is a state sponsored project??

If it is then i withdraw everything i said, big ups to kaduna for having the 1st inland dry port in naija
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by vani86: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Everybody one wan get port now.

So that if there's any bill that will favor ports, them too go say them get port.

Lol, smart move if i must say
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Kebreal92(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
ALHAMDULILAH! DAY DON BREAK.... ALHAMDULILAH
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by duchilock: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dry port is more than just opened land for storing containers.
There must be facilities and infrastructure for loading, clearing and examining the containers.
There must be good road network, rail tracks, warehouses, machineries e.t.c
I am not seeing any of this in picture.
All I see here is propaganda of dry port.
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by yekete: 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Inland port in a landlock state, hmmmmm. That is a nice concept!

http://jptsonline.org
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by guychidile: 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
pls is there seaport in Kaduna.,or will they be using Lagos sea port.,I just ask.?
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by odomanis: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
anyebedgreat:
Here on nairaland, everything is about tribe. People insulting each other everyday, etc. As of matter of fact, if you spend up to 3 months here, your bad mouth must become sharper and deadlier. Now I take note of the shape of people's head when I go to the market, I prefer buying from some certain tribes etc. Nairaland is a bad influence I must confess.

My dear, i tire o !

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by oladeebo: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
inland port:

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by chiomalove0078: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
ok
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Alphasoar(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Which port did they commission?

Pictures or Adonbelivit!!!!!!!!!!

Politicians and scams are like . . .
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
anyebedgreat:
Here on nairaland, everything is about tribe. People insulting each other everyday, etc. As of matter of fact, if you spend up to 3 months here, your bad mouth must become sharper and deadlier. Now I take note of the shape of people's head when I go to the market, I prefer buying from some certain tribes etc. Nairaland is a bad influence I must confess.

Bless you for this comment!

Since this tribalism war started on Nairaland, It has really affected me in my everyday relationship in real life. For instance, years back, I couldn't care less if my colleagues were femi, Ismail or Uche. But now, the whole tribal e-war is getting hold of me. The other day, I carelessly called my colleague an "afonja". Poor him, he didn't even know what it meant.

I hardly walk on the road without looking out for tribal marks or thick accents to distinguish who came from where.

I think something should be done about this tribalism issue on Nairaland. In real life many of us here have best friends from across each of the main tribes in Nigeria. My pastor is from Osun, the lady I called my "second"mother" is from Kwara. So many times when I think about this tribalism issue, I think it's really stupid to behave as if we detest each other while our hearts are truly one.

If Seun can start by blocking all tribal comments/accounts that spew unnecessary hate everyday here on this forum it would be a good start.

NO to tribalism! No to e-wars.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by breakeven: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lizard of obima has become a willing tool in the hand of Hausa Fulani.
Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by brainpulse: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
vani86:

You said a lot but really made no sense. Now lets take your points one by one,

An inland port will 1st of all receive ita containers from a traditional seaport then transported to kaduna by land #FACT, apart from freeing space at the dorks what other benefit do it have.

Another question, who is paying for the transportation of these containers from apapa to kaduna? The govt or the owner. What happens when a container belonging to a southener gets send to kaduna ( and you definitely know this will happen, no ne naija again). He will now have to shuttle to kaduna to retrieve his container then ship it down tothe west again?

An inland port will only be beneficial is our road network is A1, including rails, but unfortunately it aint. So as far as i am concerned it is not a PRIORITY project.

Very similar to Amaechi's light rail bruhaha in PH

Shut up and google if you don't know how cargoes are identified and moved to respective terminals and locations through the numerous import & export documentation like "Bill of lading", packing list and shipping invoice", FOB destination etc.

Kaduna government is showing foresight which your eastern leaders have failed in, by him putting structures in place till the rail system begins to work to the fullest capacity thereby taking the advantage. And you all dumb in IPOB

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) by Od31(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
Where is the dry port Now. All these journalists abi na Bloggers sef. if you say the commission a dry port and you show us only people gathering together in an office or outdoor, how do we know that it was the dry port they are commissioning. No cutting of tap!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 / Insecurity: Buhari Too Can Be Kidnapped – Buba Galadima / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.