Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why (3783 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
It has nothing to do with islamisation of Nigeria

I know what comes to your mind immediately you see this topic is that "the Op is a Muslim", but I'm a Christian and I want to explain why it's good for the Christian religious knowledge (CRK) be removed from the secondary school curriculum.
In Christianity we are too divided especially here in Nigeria, we use the same Holy Bible yet we interprete it differently. Too many different doctrines are flying around in our Christianity, Churches don't agree with the teachings of other churches and how do you expect the children to be taught CRK by teachers who belong to those churches? Doesn't make sense to me!

For example

Jehovahs' witness will tell you there's no Heaven or Hell fire, assemblies of God church or deeperlife will tell you there's All righteous people go to heaven while sinners will burn in hell forever. Now what will happen to the deeperlife children who's been taught CRK by a jehovahs witness in school? The child will become confused because he'll hear a different thing in church and hear a different thing in school and he must study what the teacher taught him in school or fail his exams!!

Catholics believe in praying through Holy Mary while pentecostals believe Mary has no influence, just pray through Jesus directly. Some believe wearing earings or female wearing trousers is sinful while others believe God only looks at the heart. I can go on and on but low battery will not permit me thanks to PHCN grin those days in school, I once taught extra mural lessons to children of a very wealthy couple and the woman asked me which church do I worship, I said Christ embassy, guess what? The woman said I should stop teaching the children CRK but I'm free to teach them all other subjects grin I just smiled. I told myself, if she's able to stop extramural teacher from teaching CRK, can she equally stop the school teacher who belongs to either white garment church or so from teaching CRK? Afterall she can't tell the school management to employ from a particular church cheesy

CONCLUSION

I'm saying all these because as some parents are angry that CRK was removed from the secondary school curriculum, other parents who doesn't want their children indoctrinated are very happy and excited that CRK was removed from the curriculum so their children can study bible only from their churches. I won't even be surprised if it's our fellow christians in government who actually pushed for CRK to be removed from curriculum afterall Nigeria has had more Muslim leaders than Christian leaders, why now are we removing it from the curriculum? Our president ruled in the military era when he had absolute power, why didn't he do it then? Some clergymen have turned it and twisted it to mean an Islamisation agenda going on but I can tell you nothing of that nature is going on. Let us rather urge our government to bring development rather than focus on religious squabbles.
God bless Nigeria

Source. Myself

Seun lalasticlala mynd44

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by prinsam30: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
baseless

Modified

OP for ur info CRK has been in existence for a very long time, nobody has ever complained about different views of church denominations.

most secondary schools in Lagos, have school fellowship every Friday and it was initiated by deeper life Bible church in those days, Catholics, Pentecostals, white garment church, Anglican etc all attends the same fellowship and it was peaceful, then why are you people making rubbish out of nothing.......

Baseless! I still stand on my word

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
prinsam30:
baseless
I can bet you didn't even read the article, just rushing for ftc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Blackie46(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
Say no to Islamization attempt!!! #Bringbackourcrk

Modified: To be seroius, let dem scrap both CRK and IRK. It hasn't done us much good over the years. Students should be introduced to subjects that question their existence. Philosophy and Logic won't be bad for a snr sec sch student.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
so why the introduction of Arabic Language?

btw, crk/irk would still be taught under "Religion and National Value" hence the reason/s you gave above is/are baseless, pointless and from a disturbed mind.

10 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by prinsam30: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
I can bet you didn't even read the article, just rushing for ftc

are u fighting me now for FTC Oya come and collect it

for ur info CRK has been in existence for a very long time, nobody has ever complained about different views of church denominations.

most secondary schools in Lagos, have school fellowship every Friday and it was initiated by deeper life Bible church in those days, Catholics, Pentecostals, white garment church, Anglican etc all attends the same fellowship and it was peaceful, then why are you people making rubbish out of nothing.......

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by TippyTop(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
How can you use the argument of different denomination in Christianity to validate this policy?

Why not remove Islam from the curriculum because they're teaching Wahabi/Sunni curriculum and not Shia curriculum?

This is like saying we should all be Muslims to stop church proliferation.

If you're actually a Christian as you said then you're an educated foool.

This is just the beginning, how do we know the part of Christianity they'd attack next?

I will continue to reiterate it to my SS brothers. When the Igbos leave, the rest of Nigeria would be full blown Islamic caliphate.

9 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by do4luv14(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Op is right, its basically what is being obtain in schools,

even when I was schooling, we hav a deeper life teach and J.V.P who teach us C.R.K, even during society days, and I will return home, most times to hav JW preaching anoda tin to me,

jst last two weeks, JW came preach teaching that I don't have to fast, you can imagine

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by spartan117(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
It has nothing to do with islamisation of Nigeria

I know what comes to your mind immediately you see this topic is that "the Op is a Muslim", but I'm a Christian and I want to explain why it's good for the Christian religious knowledge (CRK) be removed from the secondary school curriculum.
In Christianity we are too divided especially here in Nigeria, we use the same Holy Bible yet we interprete it differently. Too many different doctrines are flying around in our Christianity, Churches don't agree with the teachings of other churches and how do you expect the children to be taught CRK by teachers who belong to those churches? Doesn't make sense to me!

For example

Jehovahs' witness will tell you there's no Heaven or Hell fire, assemblies of God church or deeperlife will tell you there's All righteous people go to heaven while sinners will burn in hell forever. Now what will happen to the deeperlife children who's been taught CRK by a jehovahs witness in school? The child will become confused because he'll hear a different thing in church and hear a different thing in school and he must study what the teacher taught him in school or fail his exams!!

Catholics believe in praying through Holy Mary while pentecostals believe Mary has no influence, just pray through Jesus directly. Some believe wearing earings or female wearing trousers is sinful while others believe God only looks at the heart. I can go on and on but low battery will not permit me thanks to PHCN grin those days in school, I once taught extra mural lessons to children of a very wealthy couple and the woman asked me which church do I worship, I said Christ embassy, guess what? The woman said I should stop teaching the children CRK but I'm free to teach them all other subjects grin I just smiled. I told myself, if she's able to stop extramural teacher from teaching CRK, can she equally stop the school teacher who belongs to either white garment church or so from teaching CRK? Afterall she can't tell the school management to employ from a particular church cheesy

CONCLUSION

I'm saying all these because as some parents are angry that CRK was removed from the secondary school curriculum, other parents who doesn't want their children indoctrinated are very happy and excited that CRK was removed from the curriculum so their children can study bible only from their churches. I won't even be surprised if it's our fellow christians in government who actually pushed for CRK to be removed from curriculum afterall Nigeria has had more Muslim leaders than Christian leaders, why now are we removing it from the curriculum? Our president ruled in the military era when he had absolute power, why didn't he do it then? Some clergymen have turned it and twisted it to mean an Islamisation agenda going on but I can tell you nothing of that nature is going on. Let us rather urge our government to bring development rather than focus on religious squabbles.
God bless Nigeria

Source. Myself

Seun lalasticlala mynd44
go and read for ur junior waec it's starting next week! and leave these issues to adults

4 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by do4luv14(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:
so why the introduction of Arabic Language?

btw, crk/irk would still be taught under "Religion and National Value" hence the reason/s you gave above is/are baseless, pointless and from a disturbed mind.

maybe that's where the mistakes is,
but , if you study your bible very well, you will understand that the original text is taken from, both Greek,Hebrew and Arabic,
and then translate to english

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by spartan117(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
prinsam30:

for ur info CRK has been in existence for a very long time, nobody has ever complained about different views of church denominations.

don't mind the op, kids won't understand this stuff

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
do4luv14:
Op is right, its basically what is being obtain in schools,

even when I was schooling, we hav a deeper life teach and J.V.P who teach us C.R.K, even during society days, and I will return home, most times to hav JW preaching anoda tin to me,

jst last two weeks, JW came preach teaching that I don't have to fast, you can imagine
lolz now imagine what it'll do to the minds of young children who learn different things from different sources. It'll leave them confused. Religious teachings are teachings that should be restricted. I'm happy you totally understand what I'm saying
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
do4luv14:

maybe that's where the mistakes is,
but , if you study your bible very well, you will understand that the original text is taken from, both Greek,Hebrew and Arabic,
and then translate to english

Your point exactly?
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by do4luv14(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
lolz now imagine what it'll do to the minds of young children who learn different things from different sources. It'll leave them confused. Religious teachings are teachings that should be restricted. I'm happy you totally understand what I'm saying

yea I do, but they should hav at least make it gradually, cos it won't be easy , other better still make it a selective subject
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
spartan117:

go and read for ur junior waec it's starting next week! and leave these issues to adults
why not make constructive criticisms rather result to insult?
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by prinsam30: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
TippyTop:

How can you use the argument of different denomination in Christianity to validate this policy?

In essence you're implying we should all be Muslims to stop church proliferation.

If you're actually a Christian as you said then you're an educated foool.

gbam!!! tell am oooo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by do4luv14(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

Your point exactly?

not ma point, but theirs,

if I might say ma point, it will make it more easier for the young once to decide were they want their religious teaching from
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

Your point exactly?
religious beliefs differs, I know churches that doesn't even believe in Jesus christ. Those teachings should be restricted
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by prinsam30: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
spartan117:
don't mind the op, kids won't understand this stuff

yeah ur right, Indomie generation I guess

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by spartan117(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
why not make constructive criticisms rather result to insult?
"resort to insults" not "result to insults"
you go fail english o better go read junior waec na next week.
i don warn you o

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
prinsam30:

you're wrong, people have actually complained but didn't know how to go about it. I gave a real life example in the article
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Saintsquare(m): 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
Op has a point

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by prinsam30: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
you're wrong, people have actually complained but didn't know how to go about it. I gave a real life example in the article

Pls quote me when u have something reasonable to say, otherwise swerve
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by theSpark(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
You probably didn't do CRK in school. The CRK curriculum is designed to be very neutral as regards doctrinal differences.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
religious beliefs differs, I know churches that doesn't even believe in Jesus christ. Those teachings should be restricted

okay but relating this to your topic, it actually doesnt make any sense because crk/irk would still be taught in school.
Do you understand?
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Oladimejyy(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
I told my father(Apc chairman Apapa) that with the way things are going i may vote for an igbo presidential aspirant because Osibanjo is just there as figure head.He cant say anything.
How can a whole pastor keep silence,i believe that even though Fashola is a muslim he wouldnt allow that to happen if he's the Veep.
Osibanjo failed the christian so much.
Nigeria will rather separate than be islamise.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by brainbox80: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
@OP, in my opinion, religious studies of any kind should be scrapped from our schools let them be d sole businesses of d churches and mosques, emphasis should be shifted to history and culture. Also, arabic studies should not have any business in our school curriculum cos it will only deepen d religious divide amongst us already as it is just a breeding ground for islamization.
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Bahddo(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
You have a point, but it's an invalid one unless Islamic Religious Studies have also been removed. Same with Arabic language whose only value in Nigeria is to read the Quran. If you remove one religious stuff and leave the other, then you have an agenda.

Religion shouldn't be taught in school at all. Leave those to the churches, and mosques and whatever, and focus on teaching things that would improve Nigeria. Religion has failed Nigeria.

That said, I don't know about the other churches you mentioned, but I know that Jehovah's witnesses believe in Heaven but not Hellfire, they just don't believe everyone goes to heaven. I have some as friends, and I wonder where you got your info.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oladimejyy:
I told my father(Apc chairman Apapa) that with the way things are going i may vote for an igbo presidential aspirant because Osibanjo is just there as figure head.He cant say anything.
How can a whole pastor keep silence,i believe that even though Fashola is a muslim he wouldnt allow that to happen if he's the Veep.
Osibanjo failed the christian so much.
Nigeria will rather separate than be islamise.
most people will agree with you. The man is just too quiet. Maybe that's why they picked him in the first place. Imagine if amaechi was vp
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
brainbox80:
@OP, in my opinion, religious studies of any kind should be scrapped from our schools let them be d sole businesses of d churches and mosques, emphasis should be shifted to history and culture. Also, arabic studies should not have any business in our school curriculum cos it will only deepen d religious divide amongst us already as it is just a breeding ground for islamization.
you've said it all
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by SalamRushdie: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Op God punish you for this plot to undermine Nigerian Christians through your useless write up
Re: Christians Should Be Happy That CRK Was Removed From The Curriculum. See Why by chymes0359(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2017

OP your point holds no water..
WTF are you talking..
CRK has it's text books and it's teaching followes thus..

You want to tell me that ISLAM is one?

Nansanse!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much A Minister Earns Under Buhari Will Shock You / Gov Obaseki Scores Zero (0) at Oshiomhole’s Polling Unit / Ijaws/Niger Delta Republic Showdown With Yorubas And Igbo Post Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.