Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion (5038 Views)

Police Sack 8 Officers, Discipline 108 In Lagos / Nigerian Policeman Vows To Quit After Experiencing Extortion By His Colleague / Nigeria Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens For Collecting N15k Bribe From A Motori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by actiondrilling: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
The Nigeria Police Force, on Tuesday, said it had dismissed two traffic wardens attached to the Wuse Police Division from service for extorting money from a motorist in Abuja.

The affected officers are Musa Muktari with service F/No. 394120 and Shuaibu Sulieman with service F/No. 10627.
The Head, Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit ( PCRRU), ACP Abayomi Shogunle, made this disclosure in statement in Abuja.
He said the dismissal followed an Orderly Room trial at the Provost Department, Force Headquarters, where they were found guilty of abuse of office, soliciting and receiving bribe, contrary to the police Act and Regulation of 1990.
Shogunle said that the unit immediately began an investigation as soon as the matter was reported to it on May 30 by the motorist.
He said that the two officers accused the motorist of beating traffic light along Wuse market road and demanded a bribe of N15,000 from him.
Shogunle said that they led him to an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) not far from their duty post, where he was forced to withdraw the money which he gave them.
He said that one of the wardens in the process forgot his cell phone in the motorist’s car.
“The sum of N15,000 earlier extorted from the complainant was recovered from both wardens (N7, 500 each, as the money was already shared,”he said.
He said that the money had been returned to the motorist, who was so delighted about it.
Shogunle said the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, had lauded the complainant for exposing this unprofessional and unacceptable conduct of the traffic wardens.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/police-sack-2-traffic-wardens-for.html

Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by olaezebala: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2017
Thank you oga Inspector General but Sir, I will like to report a case of a missing person. We were told he went to UK for treatment but till now we've not heard from him for a long time. Sir the last time he disappeared like this, they sent us some pictures claiming he was alive and doing good but this time Sir, "we no see anything o". Sir, please contact all Nigerians if found. Below are his pictures Sir. He looked like the first picture before but might look like the second one now.

7 Likes

Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by XXLDICK(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2017
This has already graced front page before.

The PCRRU are very ineffective.

A month or 2 months ago, I was harrased by the police in Ikea just because of laptop and receipt issues. I was handcuffed, slapped repeatedly...

I thought they will pay for it because PCRRU is there for people like me only for me to report to them and no action was taken.

My laptop of over N100k was once taken from me by those men in Black just because I couldn't find the receipt anymore.

Stupid PCRRU.

Imagine their head is and ACP not even DIG or AIG.

1 Like

Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by TANKDESTROYER(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2017
OK...
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by OpssonD1: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2017
No be this same news we read yesterday? Mods how far?
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by planetx13: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Nice one but hope they will do the same to higher ranking officers?
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by gbegemaster(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2017
I heard of extortion through POS grin
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by bokohaman: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Poverty is a disease but that isn't enough reason for forcefully extorting money from someone. Kudos to the NPF on this one, it will make d rest sit right.
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by NwaAmaikpe: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2017
shocked
This happened yesterday also in Port Harcourt only that the wardens didn't forget their phone
https://www.nairaland.com/3873324/

But some motorists are very wicked... The one that reported these officers is so heartless, why did he report them?
-Doesn't he know the NPF salaries do not come promptly?

-Doesn't he know these officers on patrol have targets to meet and returns to make to their DPO?

-Is he happy now that these men have lost their source of income because he gave them a paltry 15k, something less than what he uses for short-time?

Stingy motorists.
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by SycophanticGoat: 7:27am On Jun 21, 2017
Not like i give a rats balls about these set of criminal (in fact i think they deserve the sack) but simply because they don't have godfathers, that was why justice was served. Reason why they were even traffic warders in the first place.

Now how many of the useless policemen who have killed or tormented innocent civilians have been sacked? I've not heard of or seen any news in that regards.

1 Like

Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by oshe11: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2017
These policemen shud be recalled cos if dey were sacked kos of extortion den d sacker shud also be a sackee.....

All d policemen shud also be sacked n Naija wud av no NPF.....

wat rubbish, u dnt want dem to collect bribe n dia salary cnt avoid an extra condom incase the first one tear based on dia monthli budget

1 Like

Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by frubben(m): 7:29am On Jun 21, 2017
W
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Oladelson(m): 7:29am On Jun 21, 2017
okay continu...
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Sack? Are they not all the same
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by tta(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Naija don dey beta. Buhari is working
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Ajewealth123(m): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2017
Useless set of people wetin these people do me, I can't forget in a hurry
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2017
mercytripletz:
extortionists sacking extortionists. issokay.
abi
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Iamwrath: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2017
He, they , them failed to settle oga at the top
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by mercytripletz: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2017
extortionists sacking extortionists. issokay.
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Apexcutie(f): 7:38am On Jun 21, 2017
useless set of people, when will our dead-alive president will be sack
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by dayleke: 7:39am On Jun 21, 2017
EEeyah....
No more #50
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by ifeegee(f): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2017
They should fire all these jagbajantic yellow fevers littered the whole of F.C.T. They will hide behind the flowers ready to pounce like stricken kitten.
Don't dare pass the traffic alone with no other vehicle coming behind, they will just assume you've beaten the traffic .
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Henrycharles(m): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2017
Na To Go Join Fulani Herdsmen Straight Up shocked shocked
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by bastien: 7:47am On Jun 21, 2017
The people who una for delete for police na those police for festac side, alakija.

Any young dude wey dress well, hold correct phone, them dey see the person as white man, for their mind them don catch one yahoo boy, why? Because him dress well and carry iPhone or Samsung, rubbish
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by olowobaba10: 7:48am On Jun 21, 2017
THOSE TRAFFIC OFFICERS LOOK VERY HUNGRY , PITY THEM ABEG
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Youngdream1: 7:48am On Jun 21, 2017
These people are really trying to come up with news that will distract people from asking the whereabout of Buhari Daura.
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by muller101(m): 7:48am On Jun 21, 2017
We read this stuff yesterday. Who moved this thing again to FP
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by tidedroid: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2017
actiondrilling:
The Nigeria Police Force, on Tuesday, said it had dismissed two traffic wardens attached to the Wuse Police Division from service for extorting money from a motorist in Abuja.

The affected officers are Musa Muktari with service F/No. 394120 and Shuaibu Sulieman with service F/No. 10627.
The Head, Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit ( PCRRU), ACP Abayomi Shogunle, made this disclosure in statement in Abuja.
He said the dismissal followed an Orderly Room trial at the Provost Department, Force Headquarters, where they were found guilty of abuse of office, soliciting and receiving bribe, contrary to the police Act and Regulation of 1990.
Shogunle said that the unit immediately began an investigation as soon as the matter was reported to it on May 30 by the motorist.
He said that the two officers accused the motorist of beating traffic light along Wuse market road and demanded a bribe of N15,000 from him.
Shogunle said that they led him to an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) not far from their duty post, where he was forced to withdraw the money which he gave them.
He said that one of the wardens in the process forgot his cell phone in the motorist’s car.
“The sum of N15,000 earlier extorted from the complainant was recovered from both wardens (N7, 500 each, as the money was already shared,”he said.
He said that the money had been returned to the motorist, who was so delighted about it.
Shogunle said the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, had lauded the complainant for exposing this unprofessional and unacceptable conduct of the traffic wardens.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/police-sack-2-traffic-wardens-for.html
shouldn't this be like 90% of all traffic wardens in this f'ing country
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Rhodiumic(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Nice one Police, but note there are still more to be sacked. Kindly check my signature
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by Max24: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2017
believe this story at your own peril.
Re: Police Sack 2 Traffic Wardens For Extortion by MadCow1: 8:37am On Jun 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
This happened yesterday also in Port Harcourt only that the wardens didn't forget their phone
https://www.nairaland.com/3873324/

But some motorists are very wicked... The one that reported these officers is so heartless, why did he report them?
-Doesn't he know the NPF salaries do not come promptly?

-Doesn't he know these officers on patrol have targets to meet and returns to make to their DPO?

-Is he happy now that these men have lost their source of income because he gave them a paltry 15k, something less than what he uses for short-time?

Stingy motorists.

15k is 5000 Naira short of the current minimum wage. Think of that for a second.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers In The House. / Radiography Vs Pharmacy / Fake Recruitment Letter Of Nigerian Customs Service Going Round! It's A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.