Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience (16218 Views)

Am I In A Relationship Or A Game? Confused! / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by McLove(m): 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
To perfectionists, anything other than Perfect is a no no for them! Have you ever been in a relationship with a perfectionist or you have one as your boss at work? Please share your experience and let's learn from you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Davidgrey: 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
I'm a perfectionist(not the narcissistic kind) but i try to be open-minded most times and it's mentally demanding

Personally i would advice anyone dealing with a perfectionist to not take his/her outrageous personality personal

Always communicate your feelings, stand your ground

As much as i love having things my way, I still listen and show empathy.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by ikp120(m): 10:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
Davidgrey:
I'm a perfectionist(not the narcissistic kind) but i try to be open-minded most times and it's mentally demanding

Personally i would advice anyone dealing with a perfectionist to not takes his/her outrageous personality personal

Even your English proves how hypocritical it's to be a perfectionist. Rest in peace English. Hehehehehe grin grin grin

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by McLove(m): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2017
ikp120:

Even your English proves how hypocritical it's to be a perfectionist. Rest in peace English. Hehehehehe grin grin grin
lol... why nah?

10 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by McLove(m): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2017
Davidgrey:

Personally i would advice anyone dealing with a perfectionist to not take his/her outrageous personality personal

but are you perfect yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by McLove(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2017
lalasticlala front page please

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by ZEPHYREN(m): 12:47am On Aug 16, 2017
please i want to join the oau whatsapp group here's my number 08102112581

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Originalsly: 2:41am On Aug 16, 2017
I thought I was a bit good...in fact much better than most people at certain things...well... that's what others made me believe until I ran into a perfectionist! I had just joined a big delivery company and had a gift wrapped parcel to deliver. The wrapping paper was loose... beautiful paper with ribbon and bow... so being very good and fast and neat at gift wrapping. ... I decided to rewrap the parcel myself instead of giving it to the guy whose job was to patch up parcels. He saw me with it and insisted that he will do it. I was upset because I knew he would do a sloppy job. I handed it over and returned to my duties...but planning how to get the tape and stuff and undo his rewrap . Within five minutes.... I saw the guy bringing back the parcel.... Ha!..I was happy again!...figured he had to do something else urgently! I was shocked . ....it was wrapped perfectly. ...and I mean perfectly. ... fault finding me found no fault!...it would've taken me like 2 or 3 days to do what he did in 5 minutes! After that encounter...I started paying attention to him... is like everything he does.... is sooo neat and he does it with little effort! I learned a lot from him...improved a lot in certain areas...one day..I'll be a perfectionist like him...give me just one more life time!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 16, 2017
Yes my former

He is the definition of a perfectionist

Lost interest in the Job because of him

He doesn't allow anyone do anything if he's not involve, perfectionist usually feels only them can get the job done and others will only impede them

Flee from perfectionist
they will drive u insane

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 16, 2017
Yes I have and they are the worst thing that can happen to a person.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 16, 2017
Evaberry:
Yes my former

He is the definition of a perfectionist

Lost interest in the Job because of him

He doesn't allow anyone do anything if he's not involve, perfectionist usually feels only them can get the job done and others will only impede them

Flee from perfectionist
they will drive u insane

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by tosyne2much(m): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2017
I used to have a pastor who is a perfectionist and I know how fault finding and jealous he can be

The people I pity most are actually those working under such people

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by McLove(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lalasticlala
Front page nah
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Originalsly: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Evaberry:

Flee from perfectionist
they will drive u insane

It depends on the perfectionist.... if he is trying to make you a perfectionist...that's fine..but if he expected you to be a perfectionist... then you should keep it moving.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by PatriotTemidayo: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
What majority of people termed as perfectionism is actually PRINCIPLE and professionalism.

Some people are so lazy, instruction piece them like needles, some are so complacent; they want things to remain how they've been for ages, but they complain how white people achieve so much and we dont.

Try managing Nigerian workers and you'll need OXYGEN support in just two months.

There are wonderful Nigerians, who understand that workplace is guided by strict rules for performance and we have those that want money but never want to be corrected, or directed, or even shown when things are not done right.

Though there are few people who are perfectionists in the real sense of it, but I can tell you that some girls and guys just think they should be pitied or given favourable treatment just because they are girls or young men. Na!

Me myself I hate perfectionists, but we get it mixed up sometimes.

kiss

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by babyfaceafrica: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hmmm...depends
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by wunmi590(m): 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Honestly, if both parties are perfectionist, what matter most is communication, when it comes to relationship.

I am a perfectionist so as my fiancée, but we just make sure we understand each others taste and need, and thank God, things have been perfect.

Though sometimes, but not always that act still comes to play, but both party just over look it.

Sometimes if I want to help make her bed, my fiancée would just stop me from doing it, because she wants to make it to her taste like this this one below.

Anything short of the below picture is a turn off for her, Infact that's not her taste, she just had to rush to make it that day because we were already late to where, we were going.

18 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
My new supervisor is a perfectionist but that's because he's new on the job...I give him a couple of months, we all started that way undecided

7 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Perfect at stalking innocent girls abi grin grin grin
Davidgrey:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Hiccups: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
shocked I do not subscribe to existence of any perfectionist or in other words Perfectionist can never exist. Maybe I need to understand more
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by LordKO(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Show me a self-acclaimed perfectionist and I will point to you a hypocrite of the highest order. I've always have them around me in most of my endeavors and my diplomatic prowess always help me to have them under my submission in the long run of associating with them.

Their major attributes are conceitedness and disingenuousness, so when you come across them mete out an effacing and conscientious attitudes towards them and see them come to your submission.

Perfectionist shouldn't be mistaken for conscientious/principled people. No human being is gifted enough to be perfect.

9 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by 0b10010011: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2017

Christiano Ronaldo is a perfect Basketballer!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
bae Damn perfect her body is like cake
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Alitair(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
How about having a father who is a perfectionist? Grew up with him so you can understand....

7 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Richydos(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
ikp120:

Yea u may be right but I truly got his message even when ur dumb ass was busy searching for his grammatical errors.....
We all wake up every morning to learn what we may not know BUT if u think u are done learning then get yourself a casket n R.I.P

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by MadCow1: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
Yes... Love it.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Show me something natural like arse with stretch marks.
Check my signature for amazing photography deals and cheap DSLR cameras.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by afrikanmodels: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Be a perfectionist, when you have cash in your pockets.

Be financially independent. earn N10,000.00 by referring your church/pastor to signup to church administration management software (CAMS). Features: Manage members database/directory, Church Groups, financial reports, track attendance, year end reports. e.t.c. signup: http://cams.com.ng/index.php/page/partner-with-us
Call 07035961004, for more detail.
pls kindly RBC.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Beedude(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
When someone is forming Mr/Miss perfect . Best thing is to fold ur hands and look till the attitude put them in trouble. Through that they will know we ain't perfect

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by lukjee: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
I am one , and it hasn't been easy
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by nkemdi89(f): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
I met a perfectionist and I am grateful for his impact on my life, he doesn't joke with time and he hate promises, and he is very strict with business , speak out your mind than hiding and dying in silence .let your yes be yes and he is very principled. I have use most of his strategies on others and it works for me. Initially it was difficult sticking to it because as a political animal, I am used to making bogus promises, it was disappointing not keeping up to it and also embarrassing on my own part as it makes me a ridicule of myself and looks not trust worthy. God bless you Mr K.

15 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by MrImole: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ain't we all perfect at being imperfect?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? / CONDOM: What Happened When I Went To Buy A Condom [PICTURE] / Someone You Like More Or The One Who Likes You More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.