Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice (4907 Views)

Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice / I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year / Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 11:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ingredients

Red peppers
Tomatoes
Chill pepper
Tomatoe purée
Red onion
White onion
Curry powder
Stock Cubes
Long grain rice
Oregano
Tyme
Salt
Garlic
Ginger
Vegetable oil
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Method

Blend your peppers tomatoes and chilly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Ju6YhdqFI
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 5:19am On Jun 21, 2017
good try but you ought to check out my recipe on jollof rice ok, i make use of d basmine rice and put palm oil and shredded cheese, also you no parboil rice wat dat about
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 5:20am On Jun 21, 2017
ingredients
palm oil and groudnut oil or tomato ketchup mixed with groudnut oil and just enough water to make it smooth
curry
dawadawa
smoked mackeral and pomo for obstacle ok
three eggs
baked beans
rice
de rica tomato and extra ketchup

in a pot, do d oil mixx, ler i sizzle then you now put onion ok
when onion don fry, you now put curry and d parsley or fresh thyme and den put tin tomato and extra ketchup for dat deep redness
cook d rice separately for 25 minutes
season d fish/kpomo with stock cube ok
pour d stock to d mix and add cooked rice, let it cook for 1 hour 30 minutes or until it burns, enough to give it that smoky owambe party taste

serve with boiled egg, carrot or cabbage (dats, nigerian salad)

That is how I cook my party jollof rice ok
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Rubyventures: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2017
ewa26:
ingredients
palm oil and groudnut oil or tomato ketchup mixed with groudnut oil and just enough water to make it smooth
curry
dawadawa
three eggs
baked beans
rice

when onion don fry, you now put curry and d parsley or fresh thyme and den put tin tomato and extra ketchup for dat deep redness
pour d stock to d mix and add cooked rice, let it cook for 1 hour 30 minutes or until it burns, enough to give it that smoky owambe party taste

Oh my God!! Is this a joke ? Really ??

2 Likes

Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2017
Rubyventures:

no, I was tought that's how Igbos cook jollof rice ok
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Rubyventures: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
ewa26:
no, I was tought that's how Igbos cook jollof rice ok

No Comment

I don't really know what the big deal is about this jollof rice. It is rice cooked in tomato sauce with a few spices full stop.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 1:18am On Jun 22, 2017
Rubyventures:

No Comment

I don't really know what the big deal is about this jollof rice. It is rice cooked in tomato sauce with a few spices full stop.
jollof rice is special and occupies a special place in the heart of every nigeria ok, whether it the al dente Igbo one with tomato de Rica and tarrashe, d excellent calabar smoky seafood one or d peppery oily Yoruba one jollof rice and fried rice are sweet word to every single nigerien ok, em echilibu wawa

2 Likes

Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 3:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Rubyventures:

e no joke shaa

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
Rubyventures:

No Comment

Jollof rice is one of Nigerias international dishes. So it's very important to Nigerians.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2017
ewa26:
ingredients
curry
dawadawa
three eggs
baked beans
rice

Please, speak for yourself..Okay? What the hell did you just write up there?
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 7:46am On Jun 25, 2017
ewa26:
ingredients
curry
dawadawa
three eggs
baked beans
rice

How many Ibos do you know that cook like this. I think you are wrong.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Rubyventures: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2017
marylandcakes:

Jollof rice is one of Nigerias international dishes. So it's very important to Nigerians.

Not all Nigerians though
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
marylandcakes:

How many Ibos do you know that cook like this. I think you are wrong.
well to you wat the difference between igbo and Yoruba jollof rice
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Rubyventures: 9:28am On Jun 28, 2017
ewa26:

I think someone is trying to turn this thread into a tribal war thread. I didn't know there was Ibo or Yoruba jollof rice. The op created a topic on food and you have turned it in to something else.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
ewa26:

I don't think there is anything like ibo or Yoruba Jollof rice. It is called Nigerian Jollof rice
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
marylandcakes:

I don't think there is anything like ibo or Yoruba Jollof rice. It is called Nigerian Jollof rice
well yes technically but I was told that there is a subtle differences in the way both tribes cook their jollof rice, that the style of mama Nkechi from aba will be different from that of iya basira from Ibadan
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 7:14am On Jun 30, 2017
ewa26:
well yes technically but I was told that there is a subtle differences in the way both tribes cook their jollof rice, that the style of mama Nkechi from aba will be different from that of iya basira from Ibadan

How can you put baked beans and eggs in Jollof rice? I have lived with ibos and I have never known them to cook Jollof rice that way.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by eyinjuege: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2017
Rubyventures:

Don't mind the guy you quoted. He has mental health issues. Don't bother about his recipes either. They're usually manifestations of his condition.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2017
eyinjuege:

Don't mind the guy you quoted. He has mental health issues. Don't bother about his recipes either. They're usually manifestations of his condition.

Lol
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by topas100(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Jollof rice causing problem since ojukokoro
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
topas100:
Jollof rice causing problem since ojukokoro

It's the people that are causing the problem not the Jollof rice.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by ewa26: 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
marylandcakes:

How can you put baked beans and eggs in Jollof rice? I have lived with ibos and I have never known them to cook Jollof rice that way.
dont you know about jollof rice and boiled egg How did the Igbos you know cook jollof rice then
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by marylandcakes: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
ewa26:
dont you know about jollof rice and boiled egg How did the Igbos you know cook jollof rice then

They cook it just like in my recipe.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Rubyventures: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2017
ewa26:

Please give it a rest, you and I know that Ibos don't cook that way, I don't know what you are trying to achieve.

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Zeemic(m): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Juliearth(f): 2:56am On Aug 08, 2017
ewa26:
ingredients
curry
dawadawa
three eggs
baked beans
rice

This is definitely not Nigerian party jollof Rice.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Rubyventures: 10:54am On Aug 08, 2017
Juliearth:

This is definitely not Nigerian party jollof Rice.

I don't know where this person got this silly recipe from , it looks more like a joke.
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Juliearth(f): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Rubyventures:

I don't know where this person got this silly recipe from , it looks more like a joke.

Exactly!
Re: Quick And Easy Nigerian Party Jollof Rice by Probz(m): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Juliearth:

Exactly!
Ewa's a well-known troll. Don't give yourself iba trying to understand his logic.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Spicy Egusi Soup Recipe. / Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics / What Can I Give My Nigerian Husband For His Lunch Box?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.