Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. (12416 Views)

How Satan Crumbles A 21st Century Marriage / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / How Satan(yahweh) Behaved Among His Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by toastedbread: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
an eye opener.

1 Like

Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by uvalued(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
PRAYING IN TONGUES
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Sometimes we think we don't know how to pray, or don't know how to use the right words in prayer, or not even praying at all. But think about this, have you grown dormant in your spiritual and prayer life? Yes! The devil has exploited your prayer life and weakened you. Below is how Satan exploits you and your prayer life.

1. He tells you "see, you've prayed this and prayed that": Yes! That's what you think, this is what he fills your mind with, but the devil has come to waylay you. Don't give up in prayers. Pray until something happens. The word of God encourages us to pray without ceasing. Do we know that our prayer comes as a delay because of two main reasons? Sin and the Adversary(the Devil). They are the results of delay. First, we need to confess and forsake our sins daily to God. The Bible says "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." We must learn to confess our sins(secret sins, deliberate or presumptous sins) and then go deeper in prayer. The Adversary(the Devil) shows up when our prayers are getting answered and wages war with the Angels(the ministering spirits Hebrew1:14) who come to deliver our answered prayers. This happens in the spirit, but when we don't continue in prayer our prayer either gets delayed or unanswered. This is why the bible tells us; pray without ceasing. The Bible is very clear, truthful and applicable. The devil tells you "you prayed this, you've prayed that" but never keep on praying what you've been praying. One key to a prayerlife is faith & patience and believe someone is working out the answer.

2. He sends an instrument of distraction: He could use anything or anybody to distract you from prayer. See, this happens when your prayer is getting stronger. Notice that, when you are very deep in prayer, someone comes and distract you or ask you for something or try to gain attention, not that that person is an agent of the devil but he/she feels disturbed to meet you, probably to ask you for something or gain your attention. Don't yield to it! You might even have a phone call, but switch it off before praying.

3. He makes you feel pointless in prayer: sometimes, when we pray or start praying we may tend to forget the main point we were suppose to pray about while praying and this may come as a result of;
I. Rushing while praying
II. Losing focus while praying
III. Not praying in the spirit.
For instance, we are praying for 'God's restoration', we tend to forget to add that in prayer due to the afore-mentioned reasons and then after praying you say "hey, I forgot to add this or forgot to tell God about that while praying." (Read below on how to resolve this).

4. He makes you depend on other peoples prayer: Honestly, I was used to these things while I so much had the pride of this world, but as time went on, while growing up, I had an encounter in which I made up my mind to give my life to christ, and then understand some things about praying/prayer. This is very significant. There is a fine line between INTERCESSION and PRAYER. Intercession connotes praying and fasting to God for restoration or to save someone or something or otherwise, while praying is communicating to God, pouring our minds to God, fighting spirutual battles through prayer e.t.c...
Depending on other people's prayer is like going for a war with 'casual wears' instead of an 'armour'. If we depend on other peoples prayer, we are weakened by the devil to pray when we ought to, and this easily will make the devil to manipulate our lives without we knowing it. The person "praying" receives the more grace while the person "depending" may later feel disgraced, hence the quotation; "PRAY so you woulnd't be a PREY" to the devil. Let us learn to overcome every wiles of the devil. A PRAYERLESS christian is a POWERLESS christian!

5. He comes to you when you get the urge to pray or while praying to remind you of your recent sins, just to weaken you and your faith in prayer: Think of this; will you cease praying because of your awareness of sin? Absolutely not! Though, this doesn't mean we shouldn't think we are sinners, but confess and forsake your sins before prayer (Proverbs28:13; He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth them shall haver mercy.) Pray with all awareness of righeousness and holiness.

6. He gives you great delusion and makes you put interests and spend time in the things of the world(which gives pleasure) rather than praying.

What To Do (exhortation):
§ First, before we start praying, we need to calmly say a little prayer by telling the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us in prayer, to tell us what to say and how to pray. N.B: the Holy Spirit is not our servant, but our comforter. he's the part of the Godhead.

§ Write down your prayer request down. I mean, the main points of your prayer and meditate on them till it fills your mind.

§ One of the process of praying is singing worship song. If you don't know how to spend much time with God while praying, sing spiritual songs, I mean, worship song, and as you do so, the Holy Spirit fills your mind and heart with what to say while praying or what to pray about.

§ Close your eyes while praying. This way you would be able to concentrate more when you pray.

§ Apply the word of God in prayer & read Psalms during prayer. Your prayer would seem strong.

§ Seal your prayer with the sacred and holy blood of Jesus Christ after praying. (There's nothing more than doing so).

§ Lock yourself in a room to avoid distraction.

§ Suceed in making a prayer schedule, stay devoted and intercede for others when we ought to.

§ And finally my brethren, we are not living a life of "bed of roses" it is not. We have a spiritual battle against the powers of hell and darkness, against spiritual wickedness and powers of high places and against the princes of the air, which our physical eyes can't see. But I exhort us to meditate prayers every moments at anywhere in our hearts and confess what is good.

JAMES4:7-8; Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you, cleanse your hands you sinners, ye sinners: purify your hearts, you double minded.

First of all, I do not believe in Satan or his brother Lucifer or his cousin the Devil, They are all white men and can only torture white men.

Even if Satan comes to block my prayers, He will fail because I do not pray, My God is not deaf, neither is he Stupid²

He knows all my problems and allows me to use my brains to solve them all and sorts out the ones he knows I can't solve.
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by NavalObi37: 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
God bless Sir More Grace

1 Like

Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by NavalObi37: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
God bless Sir More Grace

1 Like

Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
adetayo234:

You are a demon. Why trying to mislead this man? So if I plan to commit fornication tomorrow, I can pray for forgiveness today? Who taught you that error? Pentecostalism is fast destroying this world.

i beg your pardon! using that word on me is not friendly(atleast, to who you've not seen before). 2. i'm not misleading anybody because you failed to comprehend the actual fact and meaning of my write-up to that brother. please, don't use vain words on me or others again...

the word of God tells us that our speech should impart grace to the hearers. and it also says that, the same mouth you use to bless God is the same mouth we use to curse men, which shouldn't be so. please!

1 Like

Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by lovegeneration(m): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
hmm dem don show up oooooo, agent or advocate
philfearon:
The Devil does not do any of the above things you listed because the devil is a lie...
Only someone with religious indoctrination behaves as you stated.
Wrong and right are mere human perception, and nature knows no such thing!!
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by adetayo234: 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

i beg your pardon! using that word on me is not friendly(atleast, to who you've not seen before). 2. i'm not misleading anybody because you failed to comprehend the actual fact and meaning of my write-up to that brother. please, don't use vain words on me or others again...

the word of God tells us that our speech should impart grace to the hearers. and it also says that, the same mouth you use to bless God is the same mouth we use to curse men, which shouldn't be so. please!

Kindly keep shut mr. The demonic response you gave that helpless soul, does it speak grace to his life? How can you in your right senses say people can pray for forgiveness of a sin they haven't committed? Who taught you that error? I still repeat you are demon mascurading as a preacher.
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Kindly keep shut mr. The demonic response you gave that helpless soul, does it speak grace to his life? How can you in your right senses say people can pray for forgiveness of a sin they haven't committed? Who taught you that error? I still repeat you are demon mascurading as a preacher.
sorry, my brother... you don't have to be this way

taking things to new extreme is going going the extramile... please. smiley wink
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 26, 2017
NavalObi37:
God bless Sir
More Grace
the same to you my bro javascript:void(0);
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by adetayo234: 12:41am On Jun 26, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
sorry, my brother... you don't have to be this way

taking things to new extreme is going going the extramile... please. smiley wink

Your evil deed is already done. Now, that poor soul you misled would think he could plan to commit sin in the future and ask for forgiveness in advance. For your info, you have just killed that soul. I still wonder where you got your erroneous viewpoint from.
Re: How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Your evil deed is already done. Now, that poor soul you misled would think he could plan to commit sin in the future and ask for forgiveness in advance. For your info, you have just killed that soul. I still wonder where you got your erroneous viewpoint from.
you didn't understand my reply to him. please, let's not talk about this anymore. the more i answer you, the more i get frustrated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi At World Peace Day At Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos / Apocalyptic End Time Begins In 2014 / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.