Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) (4463 Views)

Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions / My Trip To US West Coast . Arizona, Las Vegas And California (pics, Vids) / $40billion, World's First Smart City Turns To Ghost Town In South Korea(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Mrtesso: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers:
Usually during the summer months the streets of Las Vegas can be seen packed with tourists, but Tuesday it was deserted because of the extreme heat.

Pictured, misters are seen at the Linq Promenade to keep patrons cool from the hot temperatures in Las Vegas

A woman trying to cool herself with ice made available for the public.

You see, the reason these westerners are more developed than we are is their sincere ability to exercise thoughtfulness and genuine selfless LOVE for humanity. Each one feels its his responsibility to make life less difficult for humans in their little way. Someone invented misters to prevent others from getting burnt. Some others provided ice...they didn't have to invent that, but they BELIEVED it would keep keep someone from roasting.

In another country, Dates were donated to the poor and helpless...baboons stole them and had them sold. No, i'm not dissing, I just want us to change. Please.

'' Take away Love and our earth is a tomb.''
- Robert Browning (1812-1889)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Everest1989(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2017
too bad.
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by hardeycute(m): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers are you the one on youngicee?

Tarasha story

1 Like

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2017
The temperature here has been cool so far this summer and I hope it stays that way. Some days even feel like Autumn. <3
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by sobastical: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2017
NotOfThis:
The temperature here has been cool so far this summer and I hope it stays that way. Some days even feel like Autumn. <3

What state or country is that?
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by onos217(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=Mrtesso post=57716862]

You see, the reason these westerners are more developed than we are is their sincere ability to exercise thoughtfulness and genuine selfless LOVE for humanity. Each one feels its his responsibility to make life less difficult for humans in their little way. Someone invented misters to prevent others from getting burnt. Some others provided ice...they didn't have to invent that, but they BELIEVED it would keep keep someone from roasting.

In another country, Dates were donated to the poor and helpless...baboons stole them and had them sold. No, i'm not dissing, I just want us to change. Please.

'' Take away Love and our earth is a tomb.''
- Robert
We are intrisically bad ,and nothing can change that.
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Funjosh(m): 11:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Asuokaa:

u knw u can get a job in national geographic channel, because dey dont hav a nigeria /west africa wing... and make some cool cash from it.. since u like exploration. .. u tell dem abt ife , olumo rock, the caves in abia.. i hav not seen a documentary Bt them

Me too font mind working with them cool
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by tk4rd: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers:

About 49°C
Wooww.!!
That's very hot ooo.
It can set dry leaves on fire ooo.
Chaii..
What's the cause of such heat waves.??
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by cupidhero(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers:
The streets of Las Vegas and Phoenix have been reduced to ghost towns as temperatures hit 118F and climbing during a punishing heat wave that has grounded planes and left door handles so hot they can leave people with burns.

Temperatures are predicted to reach 120F on the first day of summer in Phoenix, and the heat wave is threatening to bring the 'deadly' temperatures to several parts of Arizona, Nevada and California as well.

Las Vegas is likely to hit 117F on Tuesday, as excessive heat warnings cover almost all of California.

The National Weather Service has been forecasting Tuesday highs of 120F or above in Phoenix for the past several days, a number not seen in the desert city for more than 20 years.

'That's deadly heat no matter how you slice it,' weather service meteorologist Chris Breckenridge said.

American Airlines canceled more than 43 flights on Tuesday in Phoenix operated by regional jets because of the heat.

Officials say when the temperature soars, it's harder for airplanes to take off.

Phoenix topped out at a record high of 119F on Tuesday, although some unofficial thermometers like this one hit 120.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4621634/First-day-summer-begins-heat-wave-Southwest-US.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

I believe the Rapper named Prodigy of infamous Mobb Deep died as a result of this. He had sickle cell and was out there performing.
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by hahn(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Asuokaa:

u knw u can get a job in national geographic channel, because dey dont hav a nigeria /west africa wing... and make some cool cash from it.. since u like exploration. .. u tell dem abt ife , olumo rock, the caves in abia.. i hav not seen a documentary Bt them

COpy and paste is not exploring

Besides, most of his posts are about the US and Europe

4 Likes

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
hahn:

And is there a problem with that

He has the interest, and that's what makes him the explorer we all know him as...

1 Like

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by hahn(m): 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ugosample:

And is there a problem with that

He has the interest, and that's what makes him the explorer we all know him as...

Who mentioned you? undecided

This is what I quoted below

Asuokaa:

How many of explorers' posts have you seen that are based on Nigeria. On actual research?

Yes he has the natural interest and can be motivated to go beyond just copy and pasting to actually "researching" and discovering things and enlightening the rest of the world about Africa

I have been following him since he was sile12 and I told him the same thing then

By the way, Ugo, learn to stop jumping into conclusions undecided

3 Likes

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
hahn:

You are right bro, sitting in one's comfort zone, copying and pasting isn't exploring.

Real exploring is when someone like me quit my job, acquire a DSLR camera, get a website, and start moving from one place to another to get informations and images.

Sometimes streets, villages, tourist attractions, old structures, hidden places from one town, city state, to another and country to country.

Its quite expensive, ive read profiles of successful adventurers, explorers, travel photographers.

They spent thousands of dollars on transportation, accommodation, food and visas to their destinations before getting their goal.

Most times you pay for capturing some images or getting informations.

Most people willing to be explorers cant afford this.

To avoid that, asuokaa made a suggestion that one can start small from local destinations or getting a job in an organization that can sponsor(BBC).

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Bahddo(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers:

You are right bro, sitting in one's comfort zone, copying and pasting isn't exploring.

Real exploring is when someone like me quit my job, acquire a DSLR camera, get a website, and start moving from one place to another to get informations and images.

Sometimes streets, villages, tourist attractions, old structures, hidden places from one town, city state, to another and country to country.

Its quite expensive, ive read profiles of successful adventurers, explorers, travel photographers.

They spent thousands of dollars on transportation, accommodation, food and visas to their destinations before getting their goal.

To avoid that, asuokaa made a suggestion that one can start small from local destinations or getting a job in an organization that can sponsor(BBC).

lol. Mature response cool

5 Likes

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers:

You hardly explore Nigeria, why? That's what I understand by starting small. How much will it cost you to visit Badagry slave museum or Olumo rock. We have nice waterfalls, beautiful landscapes, zoos, wold life, all these you can explore and people might want to accompany you on your adventures which you can earn money from by organizing trips and excursions, your excuses have been noted and discarded sad

1 Like

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by hahn(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
Explorers:

Guy you no know say you get fans abi? I swear there are lots of people who would be willing to help you out including me

I can even donate domain name and hosting to your cause sef so you can at least start from somewhere

Whayasay?
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by aumeehn: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

You hardly explore Nigeria, why? That's what I understand by starting small. How much will it cost you to visit Badagry slave museum or Olumo rock. We have nice waterfalls, beautiful landscapes, zoos, wold life, all these you can explore and people might want to accompany you on your adventures which you can earn money from by organizing trips and excursions, your excuses have been noted and discarded sad
Fvcking troll!!! Kai the VO that denied you visa is very wicked o! Since you're claiming patriot why not go and buy camera organize excursions and get money, he tell you say he no get job?? Is it a must to like Nigeria madam if you get visa to yankee today i bet you tomorrow 6:00am you go pack comot! Fvck Nigeria Bleep anything Nigeria, Nigeria have done Nothing for me my parents paid for my school from a to z i have to bribe police with my money to evade unlawful arrest! Kai madam go fvck yourself!!

3 Likes

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Zetra(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2017
aumeehn:
Fvcking troll!!! Kai the VO that denied you visa is very wicked o! Since you're claiming patriot why not go and buy camera organize excursions and get money, he tell you say he no get job?? Is it a must to like Nigeria madam if you get visa to yankee today i bet you tomorrow 6:00am you go pack comot! Fvck Nigeria Bleep anything Nigeria, Nigeria have done Nothing for me my parents paid for my school from a to z i have to bribe police with my money to evade unlawful arrest! Kai madam go fvck yourself!!

brodaly where is the chill...
for her comment I find no fault now, I was surprised too

so need killing her for her past records
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
hahn:

Guy you no know say you get fans abi? I swear there are lots of people who would be willing to help you out including me

I can even donate domain name and hosting to your cause sef so you can at least start from somewhere

Whayasay?

Working on it bro, getting the gears, cash&time are the major challenges.
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by hahn(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Explorers:

Working on it bro, getting the gears, cash&time are the major challenges.

ANyhow sha, I am with you
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by carlcar2012(f): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
hahn:

Who mentioned you? undecided

This is what I quoted below

How many of explorers' posts have you seen that are based on Nigeria. On actual research?

Yes he has the natural interest and can be motivated to go beyond just copy and pasting to actually "researching" and discovering things and enlightening the rest of the world about Africa

I have been following him since he was sile12 and I told him the same thing then

By the way, Ugo, learn to stop jumping into conclusions undecided

Will you shut the Bleep up
Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by hahn(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
carlcar2012:

Will you shut the Bleep up

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Brymose(m): 11:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
When I thought I've seen it all in Sokoto(40c), then explorer carry las vegas matter here.

1 Like

Re: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos) by Exjoker(m): 8:38am On Jun 27, 2017
tk4rd:
Na waa ooo..
What is 120F in Celsius degrees.??
E reach 40C.??
Na even 49 degree celsius be that o. That is a freaking high bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian's Languishing In Dentention Centre's In Libya / Will I Be Denied Visa To Study In Canada Due To My Age? / How Long Does It Take To Get An Italian Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.