Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Wedding Night - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wedding Night (92482 Views)

***wedding Night*** / (episode Final) My Wedding Night / My Wedding Night (episode 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
Awwn, I'm glued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Night by olaoreofe(f): 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
Awww....am loving this

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Sylva2147: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
I really love this story, I must see the end of this, please mention me when you update keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by EvaJael(f): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2017
I'm hooked

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Kimkardashain(f): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
ouch,y are some people wicked

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Thirty five year old Ademoroti Adetunga, a business tycoon, agricultural industrialist and a philanthropist stepped out of his car, with his three trusted bodyguards that followed quietly behind him. He was one of Globe's 50's richest bachelors in Africa. When he saw his name on the magazine being listed as a rich Bachelor, he had almost laughed his head off. He knew there would be strings of jobless, mindless ladies praying to have him. For his wealth. They would think him a great catch, more like a blank cheque or a worthy accessory to the independent arrogant ones. And yet, none of them was there, twelve years ago when he began his struggles. Women hardly look upon a wheelbarrow pusher. That was his job in the early years; striving to sell his farm produce.

He looked around the crowded hall before beckoning on his men who immediately flanked him on each sides. He was bored, dead bored from maintaining a polite look on his face while nodding his head in reply to "hellos" sent his way. A couple of scantily dressed females made to approach him, he retreated to a more secluded corner that offered him an advantage to watch the ladies, while they couldn't see him. He had no desire to be fished by some desperate ladies who had nothing of value to offer him. Adetunga hissed as they seemed to linger, hoping for a crack in the stance his men formed. One of them was even bold enough to raised herself on her toes, just to see him. But the added inches to her height was no match for his men. After several minutes that seemed like endless hours, they left to prowl other men. Their displeasure registered in their twitched lips. Not that he hated women but tonight he was just not in the mood to flirt and pretend he had no idea they were after biting a chunk off his wealth. They were not different from his ex-wife, Funke, who shattered his heart, repeating the same story every once upon a time broke men tells.

"Tunga" his friend beamed as he walked up to him.
Adetunga moved out of the corner he was, dismissing his men in the process.
"Why are you hiding?" Dayo asked, eyeing him suspiciously
"Ladies" he grimaced before he added " I'm tired of been here. This hall is now full of kids. The president shouldn't have passed that law" Adetunga said, his frown deepened as more of the younger generation entered the hall.
They were at the residential hall built by old students of 80s and 90s that graduated from RSS. It was pleasant to bump into old classmates and seniors until the new law allowed the influx of the younger students that graduated even in year 2014. It was annoying to see the great hall filled with runs girls in their skimpy wears and the boys saggy trousers.

"Well, you've been away for months. We protested against it. A new law have been passed, they are allowed in here on the ground floor every three months. Let's move up" Dayo replied as they claimed the stairs.
Adetunga relaxed visibly as he saw familiar faces greeting him. They were smiling warmly, grinning, and some were even laughing. He had to pause, wondering if been away for four months and seeing him tonight had elicited such pleasure or someone had mixed their drinks with something stronger. That should be it. Adetunga thought.

He turned to look at his friend, Dayo, he was genuinely perplexed as he was. A group of men he hardly conversed with, stopped him and congratulated before he sat down. This time he groaned inwardly. They couldn't all be drunk. He was about to call the barman when his school son greeted him with a grin similar to that of an idiot.
"Congratulations" the young man said
"On what?" he snapped, annoyed.
It was the young man's turn to be shocked before he said "sure, you must be jesting"
" I'm not" he replied
He left their table and returned with a large magazine "Evil grim". He must have crammed the page, because he opened it to the page where Adetunga was.
"What are you doing on Evil grim?" Dayo stared unbelievably at the picture of his friend
The magazine was dreaded by many. Whoever was behind it, has the attitude of telling it all without mincing words. Telling stories from scratch especially scandalous stories was their forte. Many homes were ruined through the magazine, after husbands saw evidence of their wives cheating. And careers were not left out.

He read as the stupid magazine described him as the tall, dark and handsome rich Bachelor, who stood over six feet with muscles that testified to his hard work at the gym. He sighed, wondering if it was really him they were describing. He hated the gym and had never stepped into one. He considered it a waste of time. A real man muscled out from his own sweats; sweats that provides the daily bread and fixed the bills. He quickly scanned the long write up till his eyes saw the object of the gossip. His picture with Stella. Their engagement was announced.

"You engaged her?" Dayo asked, his voice usually raised
"I did no such thing" he answered
"The ring?" Dayo asked again, pointing the gold ring circling the finger of the smiling Stella in the picture.
"I did not give her ring. She even begged me for this picture. You know how I am camera shy and all that" he was suddenly tired.
"What gave her the gut?" his junior asked
"Her father. You know how the man has been hunting me down for his daughter as if am one of those toys he could acquire for her with his wealth" Adetunga answered
"This is serious. I warned you not to indulge her, but you did not listen. You even allowed her to work for you" Dayo said
"It was her father that wanted me to train her. She just graduated and has no business experience. I was halfway into it before I realised it was a trap" he explained.
"You want to get married, you will marry her" Dayo added, after a moment of silence had ensued
"Not me, yes I want to marry but it will never be her"

Adetunga knew it was time he looked for a wife. He was getting old, thirty five was more than a quarter of a century even though he planned to live up to eighty, and he had already spent thirty five and now left with forty five. He was once married for love, but this time around he wasn't looking for "love" as part of the bargain. He was older and wiser, and he knew that 'love" wasn't necessary, or even desirable.This time he would choose a wife with his senses intact instead of the flesh between his legs and he would pick a woman who was willing to work hard and be independent and a good mother to their kids. One who would be discreet with her infidelities unlike his ex wife and one who cared about family.

Considering the way he felt, he would have been just as happy to remain single for the rest of his life if there hadn't been the question of children. He wanted children, raised in the right family values not the common trends of baby mama and fathers. He wanted a woman who desired a convenient marriage.
"Tunga" Dayo called
He replied with a noncommittal "hmm" that dragged him out of his reverie.
"What do we do?" his concerned friend asked
"Nothing, her father cannot force me to the altar. Don't worry, I understand you don't want me to make the same mistake. And marrying Stella would be hellish compared to Funke" Adetunga assured him.
"It's about time I remarry" Dayo announced

He unlike his friend had a blissful marriage of one year
until his wife died while giving birth to their son seven years ago. It had shattered him, leaving a hole no one could fill in his heart. His nights were filled with dreams about passion he shared with his late wife. If only she had not died, they did still be waxing stronger, celebrating years and years of marriage.

"Why?" Adetunga asked
"I need a mother for my child, a companion for me" he answered
"I wish I was you, I wouldn't dream of remarrying when I have a child. Do you think if Funke had left me with a child instead of using contraceptive without my knowledge that I would remarry?"
"You wish you had a woman, a wife you are hopelessly in love with and she died while giving birth to your child?" Dayo asked and saw his friend gloomy expression.
"I don't wish that on my enemy" Dayo added
Their conversation naturally drifted back to their businesses. Dayo was a building contractor and he owned a construction company that was doing well. He hoped to pass the legacy to his son, someday. Adetunga talked lengthly on his trip to Germany and the new equipments he bought. After a few drinks, the two men stepped out of the residential house fixing another date to hang out.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thank You
Re: The Wedding Night by xaviercasmir(m): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for the mention. I really like this story. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Sylva2147: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
wow! this story is really interesting, I can't wait to see the next update. keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by hormobolanle: 12:05am On Jul 18, 2017
degelinglacis.....switching on my prediction mood
I can c amenze n tunga coming together not for love but develop feelings for each other at d end

I dy ur back like hunchback Kontinue

Mayreeyam coman read O,so u will kn aw to perform on ur wedding nightgrin

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by EvaJael(f): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2017
Great story degelinglacis

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
EvaJael:
Great story degelinglacis

Thanks dear
Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
hormobolanle:
degelinglacis.....switching on my prediction mood
I can c amenze n tunga coming together not for love but develop feelings for each other at d end

I dy ur back like hunchback Kontinue

Mayreeyam coman read O,so u will kn aw to perform on ur wedding nightgrin

Lool grin, Dayo is single you know?
Re: The Wedding Night by Kimkardashain(f): 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
wow, tnks 4 the update

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Maryclaire1(f): 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
Interesting piece keep it coming babe

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by 123456dr(f): 7:13am On Jul 23, 2017
What happened to both the story and its writer naa cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by mamakendra(f): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
Don't stop. Pls continue. I am glued

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by LilySopi(f): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
update na Abeg. ur story is interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa, come and see, this bae is wow

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by mamakendra(f): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Update plssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
Doctor Adetayo stared narrowly into the distance as if he could conjured up their subject of discussion. He imagined Stella in her tight short skirt, enlarging her already wide hips with sheer blouse that did nothing to hid her voluptuous breasts and succulent shiny painted red lips that easily curved into a rude smile whenever any of the other men stared at her. And they do stare, especially when she crossed her legs exposing her yellow thighs in the process and popping two buttons open whenever his brother (Adetunga) appeared on the screen for their daily board meetings. Still, his brother never spared her a glance even when she spoke up in her seductive voice; she could have been naked and he wouldn't have batted an eyelash. He wished she would shower him with her undivided attention but she was fixated on his elder brother and even planning to marry him according to the Evil grim magazine he read.
"What will you do now?" Doctor Adetayo asked after throwing the offending magazine on the table.
Stella was a fool. How could she ignore an eligible bachelor like himself, while chasing a man who cared nothing for her. He was a better catch: after all the ladies attested to it, that he was much more handsome than his brother. At nearly six feet tall, with a wide shoulder that tapered to a slim waist, a handsome face, white teeth that appeared contrast to his dark skin and a full pink lips that easily smiled.

And he was rich too; courtesy of his elder brother of course, who single handedly sponsored his education to become a veterinary doctor. He owned his own animal clinic that was well equipped with the latest machineries; even other clinics could not compare with it. Just last year, his brother partnered with him to established a world class zoo, and he was sure in a matter of years, they would be accumulating more wealth. But all these attributes did not attract Stella to him, she practically ignored him despite everything he did for her. He was the one who instructed the HR to hire an assistant secretary for her; just to ease the workload.

To be honest, he did that to prolonged her stay, his brother was threatening to sack her before he left the country. Stella, was a young girl of twenty two who only cared about her look. Her time were mostly spent in the ladies doing a thing or two on her immaculate appearance. From the top of her expensive weavon down to the tip of her shoes, a single strand never went out of place. She was fond of wearing transparent white shirts that never had a streak of dirt no matter how many hours she had it on her body. He could swore, she never sweats. Her armpit was always dry, even during rigorous duties like, when they had to trekked to far departments. She was nothing short of amazing and his insides tightened just thinking of her.

Adetunga sprawled on his four poster bed watching his younger brother's expression. The boy looked hurt and restless as if the three seaters was not comfortable for him. He seemed disturbed by something he couldn't guess. It was Sunday, Adetayo came over with his twin sister to say hello to him. He was to resume in his office tomorrow, Adetayo had been the one handling the business aspect for the past few months he was not in the country. And now their discussion had centred on Stella. His mouth tightened as he remembered the girl. He would do nothing; when she was over her childish infatuation, she would call her father to help search for another victim.
"I will do nothing" Adetunga answered his brother's question.

His heart jolted with sadness when Adetayo turned to him, he looked exactly like their late mother although in a masculine way. Even Adetomi, who was his twin (Adetayo) looked nothing like their late mother. She only inherited her height; which was exactly five feet and her petite stature with black long hair. Their parents died in a car accident when Adetunga was sixteen year old while his siblings were only eight. His parents had a beautiful love story. His mother was two years older than his father; even though they were classmates in secondary school. The two had fallen in love and he impregnated her in their last year secondary school. The usual happened. Her parents threw her out and she moved in with her other relatives. That had zero impact on their relationship; they continued seeing each other while furthering their education. His mother went to a college of education while his father became an accountant. Eight years after Adetunga was born, his parents got married.

"Will you now marry her?" Adetayo asked him
"Hell no, I will ignore her. Besides that, you should continue using my office. I'm moving to the new building" he informed him

Adetayo processed the information for a while. He missed the clinic, he missed the animals. He knew they were in capable hands but he was used to sitting at his table, studying xrays, interpreting blood test and treating sick animals. The only good thing in staying back in his brother's office was seeing Stella everyday. He decided he would stay for a few weeks just to win her affection. He should investigate on why his brother does not want her. He thought.
"I am only a doctor, I will love to be back in the clinic......" he didn't get to finish his sentence when his brother gave him a warning look. Adetunga was their little daddy, he had been responsible for them even when their parents were still living. Although he was not so overbearing but he could be a hard nut to crack especially if he wanted something done.

"It will only be for a few weeks, after I sack Stella, I will move back to my office. I don't want her near me using me to practice her weak feminine wiles" he almost cringed, remembering how the silly girl was caressing his face.
Adetayo looked displeased. He didn't want Stella out of their farm nor does he want her to keep chasing his brother.
"Why don't you want her? You know you have to marry someday" Adetayo said.

Adetunga sighed, marriage talks between his siblings had started few years ago. Sometimes, he felt guilty wondering if he was not the one delaying their decision to marry. They are twenty seven year old already. Adetomi was overripe for marriage; being a female.
"Everything about her reminds me of Funke. She's lazy, fashionable and shamelessly chase me about" he answered

"That's not true" Adetayo jumped to her defense
Adetunga shook his head. Now his brother was defending her. Only God knows what she had been up to the moment he left the country. Who knew maybe she had enlisted the help of Adetayo to get him to the altar. That was never going to happen. He planned to get married, in fact he was more determined than before. Once the suitable future Mrs Ademoroti presented herself, he would wed her in a second. He needed a woman who would not stir lust in him, a lady who would performed the duties women were designated for; bear his children, cook his meals and at night be ready for her duties. And she should have her income; no matter how little. That's a wife.

His thoughts was disrupted with the presence of his younger sister carrying a tray containing food. They were going to dine in his room. It was big enough and screamed luxury. The four poster bed was not the only one dominating the room, the three red sofa with a glass table at the centre adorned the room. The room was painted in chalk white with the curtains and other equipments sharing the red color with the sofa. The far end of the room was mini library. Adetunga love reading especially at night before he dozed off.

With the help of her sibling who was older than her by fifteen minutes, they set the table. She had made friedrice and chicken with salad and fried plantain just the way her two brothers loved it. He watched his older brother removed himself for the bed he was lounging with a wide grin as he sat beside her. He planted a quick kiss on her forehead before they started eating. They were siblings who lacked physical resemblance; while Adetunga looked exactly like their late father, Adetayo was a replica of their mother and Adetomi a mixed of her late parents. She was still a stunning sight except her lack of height. She had studied Nursing science at her brother insistence and now she was working with the federal government.

"This is delicious" Adetayo praised, dispatching his mouthful. Adetunga nodded positively before adding"your husband will be happy"
He knew Adetomi was in a relationship, but he had no idea why she was been secretive about the man. He knew all her exes and failed relationships. Failed relationships she could have avoided if only she listened to his advice. She had a way of drawing losers to herself. Her first boyfriend was one flashy guy, who had no job but kept living on her finance. He had to seize the car he bought for her; which latter turned out to be a good thing because he sold all her belongings (clothes, jewelries) after she had doled out cash after cash for him all in the name of love and he flew out of the country. Adetunga had thought she would have been wiser only for her to start dating an old man who lied to her that he was a divorcée. It had annoyed him seeing his twenty four old year sister with a man in his late forties. It turned out the man had a wife, he was still living with. Now, he had no idea who she was dating.

"Who is he?" Adetayo voiced out the question in his brother's head.
There was a dead silent. Only the knives and forks were doing the talking. Even though Adetayo was her twin, she had little love for him. He was always in her business criticising her as if he was the wise one.

Especially when she started dating, it had strained their relationship. Adetayo had slapped her first boyfriend when he came by to her house and met him there. It had ensued into a bloody fight. She could still remember the bloody jaw of her ex. Since then, Henry(her first love) had been scared to commit himself to her because her family were against him. Adetayo had ruined her first relationship. And when Mr Akinlade came around, looking forlorn because he had no wife she had felt pity for him and accepted his proposal. It was the most beautiful relationship she ever had; well except this new one. They did things amusing to him. He was like a new territory; a new experience to her and all what she did was to spoil him with love. She took him the club, taught him how to dance and drank alcohol. Together, they had traveled the world ; visiting different countries until his oldest daughter came to visit her and warned her to leave her father alone. Adetomi stared at the young lady who was almost her age explained how her mother had become hypertensive and how their father had neglected his duties towards his children because of her. It was that moment she swore off men. Not exactly that moment; two days after Mr Akinlade visited her, luckily her twin was around(it was that day she appreciated his presence in her home). He helped to knocked several senses into the numb skull. She usually laughed when she remembered how Adetayo dragged him out with his agbada. That night she had sobbed drily. Men only sought her out to use her.

It was during her twenty seventh birthday that March, she met him. Feeling so low with the events in her life, her colleagues had suggested they should celebrate her birthday at the club. She had welcomed the idea, since they only got to live once. Besides, she hadn't been to a club after her failed relationship with Mr Akinlade. Everything had started on a beautiful bloom especially when she spotted a familiar face in the club. Her fellow nurses were overexcited when he agreed to join their celebration. With him, being the popular schoolgirls' dream----tall, dark and handsome, they were all outdoing themselves just to attract him. Adetomi was amused and until that night she never saw him for what he really was. He was every woman's dream; successful, charming when he talked and handsome too. She couldn't blame her friends for losing their heads over him. But then, she hadn't imagined she would end up in bed with him. The one thing he stirred in her was respect and admiration. The night drawn on, with alcohol loosing her inhibition. She had been the one to initiate their kiss and slowly, things progressed from there. From abandoning her drunk friends in his car while his driver took them to a hotel and slipping to his guest house. That night had been a memorable one; one she relishes every now and then.

She couldn't tell them about her relationship with him. Adetunga would never approve. It was a forbidden love affair.
"Who knows maybe its another fifty seven year old man. I don't know how she picked them. First it was that her yahoo boyfriend, the second was a man closer to his grave and the third is who? Tell us Adetomi" Adetayo sneered
She slowly stood up fighting the tears that were threatening to spill. She left the room and went in search of her personal effects. She could hear her older brother scolding him.
"You just killed my appetite. How could you be so rude" Adetunga was annoyed with him he always spoke out of turn. He picked up his shirt with the aim of going after his sister. He thought Adetayo would have the same sense but he had already piled his plate with their abandoned food.
"You are unbelievable" Adetunga said leaving the room
"I didn't loss my appetite" was his silly retort.

Outside, he met his sister in her car about to leave. He slid into the passenger seat but she would not turn to look at him as she was busy fighting her tears.
"Come here" he said embracing her.
"Stop crying, you know how it distress me" he said thumping her back.
"Then let me marry him" she sobbed
"Who's he?" he questioned, dreading the answer
"I have told him to approach you. He will seek your consent" she answered.
Adetunga knew he had to do something, soon. Soonest. Tomorrow, he would call Dayo to help him hire a private investigator.
"Adetayo is stupid, you know that. Just forgive him" Adetunga told her after drying her tears.
"I will not and I will definitely give him hell, when he starts dating that angel" she replied
At this, Adetunga smiled. He couldn't wait to watch her dealt with Adetayo who thought he was superior when it came to the matters of that hollow organ.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Night by mamakendra(f): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thanks for the update.
Pls keep it coming.
More ink to your pen

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by hammedroyabat(m): 12:05am On Jul 31, 2017
am here

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 8:04am On Jul 31, 2017
Degelinglacis nice write up queenitee thanks for d invite sis

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Degelinglacis nice write up queenitee thanks for d invite sis

Thanks ma'am cool
Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
mamakendra:
Thanks for the update.
Pls keep it coming.
More ink to your pen

Thanks
Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
hammedroyabat:
am here

Welcome cool
Re: The Wedding Night by 123456dr(f): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
Abeg drop another one I use God name beg u

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by RolaDiva(f): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
123456dr:
Abeg drop another one I use God name beg u

Lol
Go drop for ur post too
Re: The Wedding Night by tijehi(f): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
She's dating Dayo, and Tunga will not find it funny.

Nice story Dee. Thank you.
Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
tijehi:
She's dating Dayo, and Tunga will not find it funny.

Nice story Dee. Thank you.

Is she?
Adetomilola only knows how to pick the wrong ones sad
Re: The Wedding Night by Maryclaire1(f): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks for the lengthy update I hope u update again like this soonest happy new month

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. / Entangled / Generation To Generations...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.