Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. (26430 Views)

Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / 22 Signs To Watch Out For When Using A Gas Cylinder / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by joyAA(f): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nice one OP

Beht, talk true, you get 'gas meter' for your house?.
Boya you dey Obodo ocha embarassed
You for post for 'we we '#

Kudos
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by AfonjaRepublic(f): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
YelloweWest:
Keep the gas cylinder outside the house. Even if u live upstairs.

Get a welder to weld a suspension crate out on the wall outside the building for those living upstairs.
you be mumu better one... Suspension crate to the wall then you will be using ladder when you want to get your gas cylinder... Have small sense this year..

4 Likes

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by adebobconed(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
How many people dey use gas meter for naija ?

If you smell gas ... RUNNNNN
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by MRAKBEE(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
purplelips:
If possible, don't put the gas cylinder inside the kitchen. Connecting the gas stove with the gas cylinder outside the main house is safer.
Sure.. Dats is the best thing to do..
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ralphdan:

Gas meter? In Nigeria?
This is not for Nigerians
see all of una wey dey form big 4 NL no sabi say gas wey get metre full naja. if u doubt my own getam I fit send u d pic.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
Believe it or not, gas explosions are more common than you think. So what can you do if you hear a hissing sound, or smell gas inside your home?

5. Get out: finally, you should make sure you evacuate your home. Get a safe distance away — across the street will work. Once you feel safe, call for help.

That number 5 should be number 1 oo
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
joyAA:
Nice one OP
Beht, talk true, you get 'gas meter' for your house?. Boya you dey Obodo ocha embarassed You for post for 'we we '#

Kudos
y al of u asking same question? my own get is not new na.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Ralphdan(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
Adikam:
see all of una wey dey form big 4 NL no sabi say gas wey get metre full naja. if u doubt my own getam I fit send u d pic.

Oya send am come
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by CaptainFM1: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
Iamwrath:
Don't Use gas, simple solution

Human Error accounts for about 90% in nearly all accidents (auto, construction, aviation, domestic...etc).

So even if u use firewood to cook, as long as proper care and procedures to eliminate human error is not ensured, accident is bound to happen.

Leave a nylon carelessly around, and a baby will start playing with it until she/he choke herself/himself. That does not mean nylon is not good or not useful.

Human error is the biggest cause of virtually all accident, except for "act of nature".

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by tslimpez(f): 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for this post.My dad was a victims of a gas fire just a month ago. Thank God he is out of ICU and recuperating fine.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
Weselion:

That number 5 should be number 1 oo
lol...that one na Nigerian way grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by ndcide(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
All these people talking about keeping gas cylinder outside, those with camp gas or 12kg gas with burner on top, should do what?

Well, my own question is what really causes the pop sound on some gas stove. Someone said it happens when the grill space on the burner is widen due to heat and air now passes through it.

Who knows about this. I mean when the gas suddenly pop when the stove is lit.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by ndcide(m): 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
For gas cylinder with meter. Forte oil sells it in Lagos. I bought one, people buy them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Gudfrie(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
icon8:
Gas meter ko, gas gauge ni
Becuse you dont use gas to cook
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ralphdan:

Gas meter? In Nigeria?
This is not for Nigerians
this is the one I have right in my kitchen bro...sight the metre?
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Ralphdan(m): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:

Lol
I smh at your deformed mind grin grin grin grin grin
Now this is what he meant

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ralphdan:

Lol
I smh at your deformed mind grin grin grin grin grin
Now this is what he meant
lol...thanks bro.

Corrected..didn't know he meant that.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Ralphdan(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
lol...thanks bro.

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Ralphdan(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
lol...thanks bro.

In developed nations like United Kingdone and US gas are use like electricity.
They line it using pipe from the gas station to your house and you pay as you use based on the later reading

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Ralphdan(m): 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
lol...thanks bro.

In developed nations like United Kingdone and US gas is used like electricity.
They line it using pipe from the gas station to your house and you pay as you use based on the later reading

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
I tire ooooooooo.... Gas meter for where nau?
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
grin thanks man since the death of some billionaire wife due to this gas thing i have developed a phobia for gas hmm
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Kingpee2(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
Abeg ,there's no way to avoid any explosion rather than just keep up with your prayers not to ever encounter any ,there's no one that is ever careful and careless .Who can ever stop a deed from happening ...It's only God and no human ..
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Kingpee2(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Favybloom:
I tire ooooooooo.... Gas meter for where nau?
thats the new promo mode for the gas meter sales too.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by laudate: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
You can also insert a gas leak detector in your kitchen... sad
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by chyket(m): 5:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Using a plastic transparent cylinder reduces the risk of explosion by about 75% because in case of fire,the cylinder melts as against the metal one that explodes.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2017
simple and only solution always smell ur kitchen before putting on ur gas. If there's a leakage u must perceive it
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by Ennyholar: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2017
Nice tips
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by RapportNaija(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2017
This is very handy. Thanks to OP.

I have a related post on my blog too on How To Respond To Fire In The Home [/b]
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by drphantom: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
Believe it or not, gas explosions are more common than you think. So what can you do if you hear a hissing sound, or smell gas inside your home?

1.Check the stove: If it's safe, walk over to your stove and make sure all your burners are turned off. It's a common mistake: Someone bumps into the stove, and the gas is accidentally turned on.

2. Keep the lights off: Don't turn the lights on, as that could spark an explosion if gas is present. Make sure you have a flashlight handy.

3. Open all the doors and windows: Make sure you ventilate the house. Keep doors and windows open, that'll help get any gases out.

4. Know where your gas meter is located: When there isn't an emergency, go outside your home and check to see where your meter is, and how to operate it. You can shut it off if you smell gas. Use a wrench to turn the valve from the on to off positions.

5. Get out: finally, you should make sure you evacuate your home. Get a safe distance away — across the street will work. Once you feel safe, call for help.

http://www.today.com/home/how-avoid-gas-explosion-5-tips-can-save-your-life-t104161

Gas Meter
In Nigeria

Give us a few more years bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by laudate: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
chyket:
Using a plastic transparent cylinder reduces the risk of explosion by about 75% because in case of fire,the cylinder melts as against the metal one that explodes.

Risk of fire is equally high with a transparent cylinder. The gas escapes as liquid form into the surroundings and can easily get ignited by a spark, a mobile phone ringing, or any kind of material that can ignite it.
Re: How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. by drphantom: 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:

Gas meters are used in countries where gas distribution is centralized. Where in Nigeria is this done? Please educate me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iwu, Others Breakthrough In HIV/AIDS Treatment / The Best Dental Clinic In Ikeja (lagos Mainland)? / Fake Doctor Arrested In Oyo Over Life Threatening Abortion (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.