Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua (38747 Views)

DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2017
queenitee:
Mr wife beater, karma is around the corner
sis I'm very grateful for the nomination, God bless you. One love
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2017
SurestG:
sis I'm very grateful for the nomination, God bless you. One love
You are welcome love, the story deserved it

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by veekid(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2017
SurestG:
Airborne02
Chipapii
Creeza
Veekid
Xaviercasmir
Lilyjoe
Slizzyb
Nnnena
Splendidiva
Harunablezin
MhizDherbee
Dopeyomi
Marianneada
Tbrak
StephenGee
Fmartin
Devilmaycry
AlamienDagash
WHOcarex
DrRasheed
Trueigbo
ComelyJummy
Ekunsticated
Preponey
Xamiel4
Jsaviour
Deegeorge
SirGoldEjike
Twinkle004
Swanky47
Nuellaluv
Stephenjobs
Here we go
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:21am On Jun 23, 2017
CHAPTER 2

"Mariam please excuse us, My wife and I needs privacy"

He watched her packed the dishes back into the basket and left the room. He was certain that with the basket she carried she was going straight home.

"My joy" he held he soft and fragile hand which she slowly moved away from his hold with her gaze fixed on the drip stand that was beside her bed. She wasn't in the mood for his apologetic look or words. He cared less as he moved his chair closer to the bed and sat on it.

"Amy I'm sorry for the pains I inflicted on you last night, it wasn't intentional"

"just for last night?" she shot back at him with her gaze somewhere else.

"its the devil"

"please stop, so you mean the devil visited our home last night or you were the devil in human flesh or the deviled borrowed your brain? Tell me" her pitch was rising so he decided to leave till she's calm.

"and please don't come back here" she shot at him. He opened his mouth but nothing seemed to come out.

He exited the room both in anger and self pity.

"guy let's meet at the usual joint today" he called Maurice his friend as if that could get him out of the mood he was in.

"you mean she said that to you?" Maurice asked in astonishment. Fred felt uneasy perhaps the call girls around them. Maurice noticed this and gestured at them to leave for some minutes and that he would call on them later. The girls twisted and bit their lips in a seducing way at the men as the picked their clutch bag and left the bar.

The colored lights flashed across the room ladies and men were dancing their boredom out on the dance floor. Maurice and Fred sat at the bar. For good looking men like them they could catch the attention of ladies at the club without a drop of sweat. That has been their joint for the past 4 years though Maurice had been going there long before Fred joined the group. Sometimes they both go there straight from work, they at times return to their various homes tipsy.

"you shouldn't have visited her at the hospital, she would take you for a fool and continue disrespecting you" Maurice said

"No, I know my wife you dare not do such"

"let me give you an example now, there was a day I punched Fiona in the face, I pitied her afterwards and went to her, could you believed what she did?"

"what?" he curiously asked

"she slapped me and rebelled for two days by starving me of sex"

"she slapped you?, that's insolence of her, my wife would do no such thing.

"you see..." he sipped his whiskey "they would always want to try it you will be the one to reject it so anytime you beat her, ignore her for as much time as you can she would then come back begging"

"are you serious?" his face lit. "I must try this out"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2017
Looks interesting, keep the ride.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Shakyroh320(f): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2017
thanks for the update dear,more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2017
That's the results when two I.diots are friends

7 Likes

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Airborne02(m): 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
SurestG:
Airborne02
Chipapii
Creeza
Veekid
Xaviercasmir
Lilyjoe
Slizzyb
Nnnena
Splendidiva
Harunablezin
MhizDherbee
Dopeyomi
Marianneada
Tbrak
StephenGee
Fmartin
Devilmaycry
AlamienDagash
WHOcarex
DrRasheed
Trueigbo
ComelyJummy
Ekunsticated
Preponey
Xamiel4
Jsaviour
Deegeorge
SirGoldEjike
Twinkle004
Swanky47
Nuellaluv
Stephenjobs
who dey sell popcorn and zobo... Kai lemme call lefulefu.. Thou na romance bobo.. Oya gimme seat.. Ride on am following bumper to bumper.. Fender to bender

2 Likes

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by EvaJael(f): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
I bind and cast this evil friend. Tufiakwa
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by mikaj(m): 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
SurestG:
Dessydemmy Toyin223 Jane1234f Shakyroh320 Oluwatymylehyn Vickyviolet Blissfulljeff Adeyife Mikaj Hadampson Ikombe Yewande1234
Another one. Thanks for the mention. don't fail to finish the previous.
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
mikaj:

Another one. Thanks for the mention. don't fail to finish the previous.
I will complete it. grin
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Airborne02:
who dey sell popcorn and zobo... Kai lemme call lefulefu.. Thou na romance bobo.. Oya gimme seat.. Ride on am following bumper to bumper.. Fender to bender
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Airborne02(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
lefulefu:

grin grin grin grin grin
surestg oya come oo brother hav bring us pop corn..
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by xaviercasmir(m): 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
SurestG:
Airborne02 Chipapii Creeza Veekid Xaviercasmir Lilyjoe Slizzyb Nnnena Splendidiva Harunablezin MhizDherbee Dopeyomi Marianneada Tbrak StephenGee Fmartin Devilmaycry AlamienDagash WHOcarex DrRasheed Trueigbo ComelyJummy Ekunsticated Preponey Xamiel4 Jsaviour Deegeorge SirGoldEjike Twinkle004 Swanky47 Nuellaluv Stephenjobs
I am already here hon. grin
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
xaviercasmir:
I am already here hon. grin
smiley
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
lefulefu:

grin grin grin grin grin
Boss mi grin. Thanks a bunch
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
Airborne02:
surestg oya come oo brother hav bring us pop corn..
yes o the popcorn is yummy

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by slizzyb(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
SurestG:
Airborne02
Chipapii
Creeza
Veekid
Xaviercasmir
Lilyjoe
Slizzyb
Nnnena
Splendidiva
Harunablezin
MhizDherbee
Dopeyomi
Marianneada
Tbrak
StephenGee
Fmartin
Devilmaycry
AlamienDagash
WHOcarex
DrRasheed
Trueigbo
ComelyJummy
Ekunsticated
Preponey
Xamiel4
Jsaviour
Deegeorge
SirGoldEjike
Twinkle004
Swanky47
Nuellaluv
Stephenjobs

Am here. Let's ride on
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by slizzyb(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
shocked
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by MhizDherbee(f): 12:54am On Jun 24, 2017
SurestG:
Airborne02 Chipapii Creeza Veekid Xaviercasmir Lilyjoe Slizzyb Nnnena Splendidiva Harunablezin MhizDherbee Dopeyomi Marianneada Tbrak StephenGee Fmartin Devilmaycry AlamienDagash WHOcarex DrRasheed Trueigbo ComelyJummy Ekunsticated Preponey Xamiel4 Jsaviour Deegeorge SirGoldEjike Twinkle004 Swanky47 Nuellaluv Stephenjobs
Present Ma!
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Toyin223(f): 4:02am On Jun 24, 2017
SurestG:
Dessydemmy Toyin223 Jane1234f Shakyroh320 Oluwatymylehyn Vickyviolet Blissfulljeff Adeyife Mikaj Hadampson Ikombe Yewande1234
I Have Miss Alot Bt Am Here Nw

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by slizzyb(m): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
Bad friend, I say bad friend I cast u out in any way u will try to penetrate in my life and dat of my love ones,, IJN Amen

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2017
MhizDherbee:

Present Ma!
thanks for coming ma!
Toyin223:
I Have Miss Alot Bt Am Here Nw
nothing much yet my dear sis
slizzyb:
Bad friend, I say bad friend I cast u out in any way u will try to penetrate in my life and dat of my love ones,, IJN Amen
Amen ooo
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2017
CHAPTER 3

"Good morning Mrs. Williams" one of her colleagues greeted her as she came out of her car.

She gave a reply and headed to her office, her table was dusty, it was a Monday morning the janitor had not been there yet she thought. She dialed the janitors' office to inform them of her office that has not been cleaned yet. She heard a knock on the door, it was the secretary to the director, she wondered what brought her to her office personal when she could have just made use of the telecom, perhaps it was urgent.

"Good morning Amanda" she rudely greeted

"Good morning" she replied with a charming smile that showed she didn't give a hoot about her manners. "what brings you here when you could have just beeped me"

"Director wants you in his office right away" she frowned and made for the exit.

She dialed the Janitors' office again to inform them she wants her office cleaned before she comes back from the director's office.

"Good morning sir, you requested to see me"
His gaze and concentration was on the laptop he had before him. "Good morning Mrs Williams" he greeted without looking up from what he was doing. He handed her a white envelope
Only her name was written on the letter which made it difficult for her to know what the letter was about.

"is this a promotion letter sir?" her face was bright
"Amanda, the letter is in your possession so check it and stop asking me silly questions" the director she knew was not a snub infact he was a father figure to everybody in that company. She tore the envelope and enthusiastically opened to see the content, her eyes became wet with tears.

"Termination of appointment?"

"as you can see"

"sir what is my offence, I've been working here all my life and with all my might. What did I do to deserve this?"

"this is not just my decision" he said looking away from his computer. "the management made this decision, they said they want you out of this organization. For the past two years you have been inconsistently doing what you were employed for, your punctuality has been punctured. I've summoned you many times but the excuse is that you have crisis in your home, I overlooked your shortcomings thinking you would change for the better but no, its becoming worse daily. Your appointment would have been terminated months ago if we had gotten a better substitute. The accounting department is in jeopardy because of your family issue, as the head of Accounting department you should oversee everything but reverse Is the case"

She couldn't held herself from crying bitterly.

TBC

Happy Sunday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
This aunty is wicked
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Deji124(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
I really pity dis mrs williams
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
queenitee:
This aunty is wicked
which of them o. Amanda is the Mrs Williams. She was sacked because of her inconsistencies at work perhaps because of what she's been facing in her matrimonial home
Deji124:
I really pity dis mrs williams
I pity her too
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
SurestG:
which of them o. Amanda is the Mrs Williams. She was sacked because of her inconsistencies at work perhaps because of what she's been facing in her matrimonial home I pity her too
Na wrong comment on a wrong thread ni Jare, No vex o love you
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by faithfulgrl(f): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
ghostmode deactivated. I love what u doing. keep going higher. more update pls.
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
queenitee:

Na wrong comment on a wrong thread ni Jare, No vex o love you
oh okay sis. No qualms, love you more grin
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
faithfulgrl:
ghostmode deactivated. I love what u doing. keep going higher. more update pls.
smiley I'm humbled ma'am. Thank you.
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:11am On Jun 26, 2017
"You used to be diligent, devoted, punctual and consistent in what you do which made us think we can't find another you but now the organization had gotten a better replacement and I'm sure this would give you enough time to face whatsoever is happening in your home. You know the way out and shut the door behind you" he sent his gaze back to the files on his table laptop.

She knew there was nothing she could do, her world was crumbling right in front of her. If only she had known she would have forced herself to the morning even thought she was on admission at the hospital. What if she had contacted the office that day perhaps they would have tempered justice with mercy.

"you are still there?" director's voice jolted her off her thoughts. She knew no amount of plea can undo what had been done. She met the secretary on her way but the director's office, she hissed and with a devilish laughter. Amanda did not even care to respond to the insults since she was aware that her last day at that organization.

"you mean you are now jobless" Gladys felt sad at her friend's predicament. "what did they say your offence was"

"Gladys I have no idea" she said amidst tears, where would she start from. Gladys consoled her with several words of consolation.

"its not like you don't have another source of income" Gladys blurted out of frustration after she had unsuccessfully consoled her crying friend
"Amy I don't like this, cheer up and let's look for a way forward"

"where will I start from" she started wailing afresh.

"be like me" Gladys shot back at her

she wiped her face with both hands "be like you?"

"yes"

"how?"

"instead of being a part time businesswoman, venture into it big time, I'm my own boss girlfriend"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.